Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 21
Re: Edinburgh Scotland UK travel and show info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 26, 2018 16:43

frankotero
Dusseldorf and Arnhem were both great. They had several entry points so people can go directly to their area. Seems any Stadium can do the same.

They certainly can. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean that a given stadium definitely will sad smiley

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 27, 2018 00:38

I think the show might selling slow. Pits are steel easily to get, also GA and golden circle...

Date: March 27, 2018 04:01

Stoneswolf
I think the show might selling slow. Pits are steel easily to get, also GA and golden circle...

You are right, I checked the RS ticket section today just to tempt myself and there are loads of ticket available for every venue in all price points, but the lowest priced tickets are mostly gone. That's good news for the lucky dippers and for the last minute decision makers.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 27, 2018 10:10

Yesterday I bought a pit ticket for a friend. Its number is just one more than mine I bought a couples of days ago. Number is 20000 something... Does this indicate they just sold like 20k tickets for Edinburgh???

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 27, 2018 10:53

"I think the show might selling slow"

Maybe Stoneswolf, but I think 2.5 months is a huge time, given that many fans are still waiting for dropped prices. Now people know better how "modern" policy (of selling tickets) does work,so there are many patients around...

Posted by: Marylou59 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 12:15

Has anyone here bought an e-ticket for the Edinburgh concert ? If so,have you already received it ? Just asking, because I feel always insecure as long as I don't have my tickets in hand.
It will be my first time in Edinburgh (my husband visited the city briefly when he was a student)and it seems the "Athens of the North" has some beautiful places to visit !
Marylou from France

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 27, 2018 12:23

Marylou59
Has anyone here bought an e-ticket for the Edinburgh concert ? If so,have you already received it ? Just asking, because I feel always insecure as long as I don't have my tickets in hand.
It will be my first time in Edinburgh (my husband visited the city briefly when he was a student)and it seems the "Athens of the North" has some beautiful places to visit !
Marylou from France

I bought an e-ticket and have NOT yet received it. I wouldn't worry, it'll come.

And Edinburgh in June is a lot colder than Athens in June smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 27, 2018 12:23

Marylou59
Marylou from France

No, have not received them yet.
Think they will send them at the start of June.
jeroen

Posted by: Marylou59 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 12:33

OK. Thank you very much both of you jeroen and ChrisL ! No problem if it's cold in Edinburgh, I hope to get warmed up in the pubs !
Marylou

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 27, 2018 13:39

"...I feel always insecure as long as I don't have my tickets in hand..."

Same here, Marylou. I felt exactly the same, for Paris 3. But they sent my ticket 15-20 days before concert's date. Don't worry.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 5, 2018 22:12

ChrisL
Marylou59
Marylou from France

I bought an e-ticket and have NOT yet received it. I wouldn't worry, it'll come.

I just got off the phone with AXS/AEG and had them switch all of the concerts (4)I'm attending to e-tickets and box office pick-up.

They switched the Edinburgh show to an e-ticket and it is the only one I received immediately. Weird/concerning thing is the ticket says just "General Admission" with no mention of Gold Circle (what I bought and paid for).. Will wait before I call back to see if others w GC have the same language, sure it's probably fine but would be finer if it said Gold Circle spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2018 22:46

MisterDDDD
ChrisL
Marylou59
Marylou from France

I just got off the phone with AXS/AEG and had them switch all of the concerts (4)I'm attending to e-tickets and box office pick-up.

They switched the Edinburgh show to an e-ticket and it is the only one I received immediately. Weird/concerning thing is the ticket says just "General Admission" with no mention of Gold Circle (what I bought and paid for).. Will wait before I call back to see if others w GC have the same language, sure it's probably fine but would be finer if it said Gold Circle spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have not received my email ticker for Edinburgh or my two other concerts.

Has anybody else?

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 6, 2018 03:07

None here yet, Edi, Cardiff (no etix option so mail to U.S.), Twick

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 6, 2018 22:25

Is there Anyone who can confirm the size of bag you can carry in ?.

Bags, rucksacks or suitcases
We advise spectators to not bring bags to matches unless absolutely necessary. Bags should be small (maximum 30cm x 30cm x 15cm) and should be capable of being placed easily under your seat in the stadium. Large bags or suitcases will not be permitted. Please note that we cannot take responsibility for bags that have been rejected prior to entry to the stadium.

The website for the stadium says 30 x 30 x 15cm (which is quite large ) but I see comments other places saying its changed recently and 21 cm x 14 cm x 8 cm is now the official size allowed .

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 6, 2018 23:18

maxx
Is there Anyone who can confirm the size of bag you can carry in ?.

Bags, rucksacks or suitcases
We advise spectators to not bring bags to matches unless absolutely necessary. Bags should be small (maximum 30cm x 30cm x 15cm) and should be capable of being placed easily under your seat in the stadium. Large bags or suitcases will not be permitted. Please note that we cannot take responsibility for bags that have been rejected prior to entry to the stadium.

The website for the stadium says 30 x 30 x 15cm (which is quite large ) but I see comments other places saying its changed recently and 21 cm x 14 cm x 8 cm is now the official size allowed .
Just bring as little as possible....

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 7, 2018 13:34

corriecas
Marylou59
Marylou from France

No, have not received them yet.
Think they will send them at the start of June.
jeroen

AXE email that sent me, I hope will serve to reassure

Dear G.

Thank you for your purchase. Please review the details below.
You have chosen to receive e-tickets. You will receive a second e-mail with your e-tickets attached. Once you receive it, simply open the attachment, print the e-tickets and present them on the date of the event.
E-Tickets will be sent out no later than 3-days prior to the event and in line with the wishes of the event organisers.
Please be aware of how much information is shown on your ticket including the barcode used to gain entry to the venue. Sharing images of your tickets via social media channels can lead to others being able to gain access to the venue with your ticket.

(This e-mail cannot be used for entry)

Order Summary

Order #: ************
Order date: April 2, 2018 Customer name: G

Event: Rolling Stones - Edinburgh
Date & Time: June 9, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Number of tickets: 2
Ticket Details:
General Admission - No Filter Pit B

Date: April 7, 2018 15:59

Odd that Edinburgh would be the only one they sent when I switched to all e-tix.
Odder still, that the ticket reads General Admission with no mention of Golden Circle, but apparently that's "normal".. makes me nervous.
I'll be anxious to see what others receive with GC, Pit etc.

Dear Michael,

You will find your e-tickets attached to this email.

How to print your tickets:

Open the PDF document that is attached.
Print the PDF document.
Bring your printed tickets and present them at the venue.
Please note that you will need Acrobat Reader v6.0 or higher in order to open your e-tickets. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can download a free version here, and then simply return to this e-mail once you have installed it.

Event Information

Rolling Stones - Edinburgh - June 9, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Venue: Murrayfield Stadium
Edinburgh
EH12 5PJ
Your seats:
General Admission

Date: April 7, 2018 16:26

No e tickets here.

I would be very worried about the lack of golden circle on your ticket. But thats me

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
No e tickets here.

I would be very worried about the lack of golden circle on your ticket. But thats me

Yeah, I think I'd be worried about that too. I just checked my confirmation for Edinburgh and it says Golden Circle so I'd expect the same for the eTickets when they finally arrive.

Date: April 10, 2018 00:51

JN99
PaintMonkeyManBlack
No e tickets here.

Yeah, I think I'd be worried about that too. I just checked my confirmation for Edinburgh and it says Golden Circle so I'd expect the same for the eTickets when they finally arrive.

My confirmation says that as well.. plenty of time to sort out.
I'll wait a minute to see what others get. Someone on another thread said they had received their e-tix for a different show and was the same... GC not mentioned. We'll see.

*Upon further review (and thanks to someone who posted about a similar issue in another thread), the ticket does say Golden Circle on it.. in very, very fine print.. so fine I missed it. Several times cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 02:10 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: fedecarp ()
Date: April 13, 2018 22:17

So here’s a question to the locals or anyone familiared with Edimburgh,
Which bar/pub close to the stadium do you recomend? We’re looking a place with good vibe to drink some beer the closer as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 22:32 by fedecarp.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 15, 2018 17:33

It's a reasonable bet that the best pubs right beside the stadium - the Roseburn Bar, the Murrayfield Hotel - will be stowed busy early on. However, because the stadium is pretty central you can pretty much take your pick of pubs in the west end and still walk there in about 15 minutes.

Edit: Just looked at the Bothy Bar on the 9th June and there's already no availability for booking a table.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-15 17:39 by CaledonianGonzo.

Date: April 15, 2018 22:51

CaledonianGonzo
It's a reasonable bet that the best pubs right beside the stadium - the Roseburn Bar, the Murrayfield Hotel - will be stowed busy early on. However, because the stadium is pretty central you can pretty much take your pick of pubs in the west end and still walk there in about 15 minutes.

Edit: Just looked at the Bothy Bar on the 9th June and there's already no availability for booking a table.

Thanks.

I take it the table would be for a meal?

Date: April 15, 2018 23:31

I met a girl from Edinburgh about 20 years ago, on holiday. Her name was Linda Duncan. Hope to meet her again in June.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-15 23:31 by corriecas.

Date: April 16, 2018 00:06

corriecas
I met a girl from Edinburgh about 20 years ago, on holiday. Her name was Linda Duncan. Hope to meet her again in June.
Jeroen

What's the chances lol

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 18, 2018 14:11

Hey,
my plans changed and I might be able to go to Edinburgh. My question is if you guys think that more LD will become available. Currently it seems that all tickets are still available.

Date: April 18, 2018 14:27

odean73
corriecas
Jeroen

What's the chances lol

If there are chances, there is hope (>grinning smiley<).
Or the other way around.

Jeroen

Date: April 22, 2018 16:15

Do the tickets say 4:00 PM? That seems early, so is there any mention of an opening act? The Stones typically go on stage after 8 unless there is a curfew.

Date: April 22, 2018 16:17

BitchKeepsBitchin
Do the tickets say 4:00 PM? That seems early, so is there any mention of an opening act? The Stones typically go on stage after 8 unless there is a curfew.

There will be an opening act, ofcourse.
Doors always will open around 1600 or 1700 pm.that time.
Stones will probably hit the stage at 20.30 or 2100 pm.

Enjoy!!
Jeroen

Date: April 25, 2018 11:20

Excitement is building up!

Any tips on Edinburgh and pre party?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50