Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 21
Edinburgh Scotland UK travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:38

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2018 in Edinburgh Scotland UK here.

Edinburgh song vote:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 11:25 by bv.

Re: Edinburgh Scotland UK travel and show info
Date: February 26, 2018 21:52

Yes!! My 15th stones show and the first in my favorite city

Date: February 26, 2018 22:09

So there is a presale tommorrow at 12. I can only try at 2. Any idea how long the presale will take? And if there are other pre sales later on? Also signed up for a aeg pre sale?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:20

PaintMonkeyManBlack
So there is a presale tommorrow at 12. I can only try at 2. Any idea how long the presale will take? And if there are other pre sales later on? Also signed up for a aeg pre sale?

Please can you post a link for pre sale tickets tomorrow - be careful and don't buy pit tickets.GA will be the best atmosphere.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:30

Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Please can you post a link for pre sale tickets tomorrow - be careful and don't buy pit tickets.GA will be the best atmosphere.

Huh ? confused smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 26, 2018 22:36

Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

I dont have a link yet. They will send it right before the pre sale.

Wont buy pit, hope gold is not crazy priced as london. Otherwise ga indeed. The town will be buzzing. Where would te pre partys be? In the oldtown or near stadium?

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:37

Busiest pubs will probably be near Haymarket

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Wont buy pit, hope gold is not crazy priced as london. Otherwise ga indeed. The town will be buzzing. Where would te pre partys be? In the oldtown or near stadium?

are you talking about american express presales?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:42

paulywaul
Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Huh ? confused smiley

Why not pit? Price?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:42

CaledonianGonzo
Busiest pubs will probably be near Haymarket

Plenty of good boozers in Gorgie. Cheaper beer and a short walk to Murrayfield.

Tynecastle Arms
Bensons
Stratfords
Westfield
The Diggers (Athletic Arms).

I visit that part of the city several times a year and with it being the close season they will definitely welcome the extra business grinning smiley

Date: February 26, 2018 22:43

rollingloc
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

are you talking about american express presales?
No just visit the stones site and sign up

Date: February 26, 2018 22:44

Hmmmm...I dont doubt they'll be busier than normal, but anyone coming via public transport from outside of Edinburgh or from the east of the city doesn't really have any need to go via Gorgie.

Date: February 26, 2018 22:45

paulywaul
Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Huh ? confused smiley

Hey no problem buy pit tickets if you want. Apologies no offense intended. I am local and know where the party will be and it won't be in the pit.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:50

CaledonianGonzo
Hmmmm...I dont doubt they'll be busier than normal, but anyone coming via public transport from outside of Edinburgh or from the east of the city doesn't really have any need to go via Gorgie.

They don’t. But there are good pubs there, much cheaper than in the West End and Murrayfield is 5 minutes’ walk away. There’s a bridge under the Glasgow Edinburgh Railway straight to the Stadium entrance.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:53

Tonstone
paulywaul
Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Huh ? confused smiley

Hey no problem buy pit tickets if you want. Apologies no offense intended. I am local and know where the party will be and it won't be in the pit.

confused smiley

There's more logic in a brand new stones compilation.

Date: February 26, 2018 22:56

odean73
paulywaul
Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Huh ? confused smiley

Why not pit? Price?

Each to their own - please don't let me put you off IMO I have been in Pit and always found the best rock crowds to be outwith.

Date: February 26, 2018 23:03

BowieStone
Tonstone
paulywaul
Tonstone
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Huh ? confused smiley

confused smiley

There's more logic in a brand new stones compilation.

Ok sorry if your confused is there any point you would like clarified . ?

Date: February 26, 2018 23:13

grzegorz67

They don’t. But there are good pubs there, much cheaper than in the West End and Murrayfield is 5 minutes’ walk away. There’s a bridge under the Glasgow Edinburgh Railway straight to the Stadium entrance.

Horses for courses I guess. I'm based on that side of the city myself and might have a few visitors staying, but doubt we'll be swinging by any of the aforementioned boozers. Although admittedly well probably go for a curry beforehand so might well put some business the way of Kebabish.

Date: February 26, 2018 23:23

Stones Party to be announced but at none of the mentioned .a separate event is currently bring looked at. I will offer material from my collection to be available.

Date: February 26, 2018 23:24

Tonstone
Stones Party to be announced but at none of the mentioned .a separate event is currently bring looked at. I will offer material from my collection to be available.
Nice

Show day or before?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:26

Tonstone

thumbs up

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:28

MisterDDDD
Tonstone

thumbs up

Good. Let us know.smiling smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:35

I think he doesn't understand the GA bit. For that matter I haven't a clue what GA means either.
ps; I Was at the 99 show here and it was one of the wildest gigs I have been to ever. Infact outside of say Argentina the Scottish crowd are the craziest. I would say the Stones themselves would possibly tell you the same thing.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 27, 2018 05:59

geordiestone
I think he doesn't understand the GA bit. For that matter I haven't a clue what GA means either.
ps; I Was at the 99 show here and it was one of the wildest gigs I have been to ever. Infact outside of say Argentina the Scottish crowd are the craziest. I would say the Stones themselves would possibly tell you the same thing.

And please have in mind there will be some Argentinians fans attending the Edinburgh show!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 27, 2018 06:14

Quique-stone
geordiestone

And please have in mind there will be some Argentinians fans attending the Edinburgh show!
Whooooshh gonna be 1 crazy night I predict!!!!

Date: February 27, 2018 08:02

For those staying in the centre of Edinburgh - Murrayfield is about 10 minutes by Tram or bus - The tram stops right at the Stadium .If you are flying into Edinburgh the Tram will take you from the airport to the city centre. prices are.

For travel including the Edinburgh Airport tram stop, a single fare is £5, and an open return ticket is available for £8. A single journey between any two stops i.e. Edinburgh Centre to Murrayfield with the exception of Edinburgh Airport costs £1.60 for adults and 80p for children.
Please have the correct money available as they don't give change.

By bus the following Lothian Buses: 12, 26, 31, 22, 30. will take you to Murrayfield running from Princes Street - and you catch them on the Edinburgh Castle side of Princes Street. Please check the bus Numbers at each stop.

Bus fares are as follows
Fares and Tickets
Ticket type
Single Adult £1.70
Single Child £0.80
Adult Day Ticket £4.00
Child Day Ticket £2.00
again the correct money is appreciated.

Also taxis can be hailed in the streets [Black Hackney type].

Travelling by Train.
Nearest Station to Murrayfield is Haymarket [and about a 25 minute walk to the stadium]. The main Station in Edinburgh Centre is Waverley Station from there your onward journey can be any of the above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 08:15 by Tonstone.

Date: February 27, 2018 08:30

Still no prices?

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:04

presales for packages start today at 12:00 GMT
only packages?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:16

so are we waiting for an email a few minutes before the presale starts?

Date: February 27, 2018 09:40

Tonstone

By bus the following Lothian Buses: 12, 26, 31, 22, 30. will take you to Murrayfield running from Princes Street - and you catch them on the Edinburgh Castle side of Princes Street. Please check the bus Numbers at each stop.

Bus fares are as follows
Fares and Tickets
Ticket type
Single Adult £1.70
Single Child £0.80
Adult Day Ticket £4.00
Child Day Ticket £2.00
again the correct money is appreciated.

Also taxis can be hailed in the streets [Black Hackney type].

This is all true, but near and after showtime Roseburn Terrace gets completely snarled

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home