Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Manchester England UK travel and show info
Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 4, 2018 20:22

Anyone what time box office opens tomorrow? Got to pick up my lucky dips but only got an order confirmation about an hour ago (I booked em when they first went on sale)

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 4, 2018 21:17

That is all you need + ID

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 4, 2018 21:42

Hi I don’t see the Man RS merchandise out yet, I wonder if they are going to tie it to the team?

Sure like the London blue shirt @ the online store.

Well, song vote threw me off each social media vote I voted something different.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 4, 2018 22:41

Very interesting , almost all ticket categories available again...

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 4, 2018 22:54

35love
Hi I don’t see the Man RS merchandise out yet, I wonder if they are going to tie it to the team?

Well, song vote threw me off each social media vote I voted something different.
would rather they go 'bee' style than Man U.....

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 4, 2018 22:57

bv
I think they use the plane because it is mainly cargo i.e. guitars, stage stuff etc. I don't think Keith can take his 70 guitars in a car or on the tyrain, the overhead lockers are sort of too small.

Once the plane is there, you might as well have some people in the seats, they like to have the band together on the tour, even if I understand they have been enjoying "being at home" also now.

I still don't figure it.. Because you need trucks anyway..To drive the cargo from the stadium to the first airport and then other trucks to drive it from the second airport to the next stadium... So why do not use just trucks..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 4, 2018 23:05

The Rolling Stones at Old Trafford - Travel advices by Transport for Greater Manchester: [TfGM.com] .

Date: June 4, 2018 23:10

Cristiano Radtke

"Next stop Manchester #stonesnofilter"

[twitter.com]

ZS-NEX at Birmingham Airport:

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 4, 2018 23:10

The Joker
bv
I think they use the plane because it is mainly cargo i.e. guitars, stage stuff etc. I don't think Keith can take his 70 guitars in a car or on the tyrain, the overhead lockers are sort of too small.

Once the plane is there, you might as well have some people in the seats, they like to have the band together on the tour, even if I understand they have been enjoying "being at home" also now.

I still don't figure it.. Because you need trucks anyway..To drive the cargo from the stadium to the first airport and then other trucks to drive it from the second airport to the next stadium... So why do not use just trucks..

Loading trucks to drive 20 miles from Cov to Birmingham airport (presumably) to load a plane to fly to Manc to unload onto trucks again to drive to Old Trafford to unload. There must be some good reason for it but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 4, 2018 23:27

Primed and ready in Manchester!

Had a great time in London Friday, Coventry on Saturday and now in Manchester since yesterday... everyone Ive spoken with has been great!

Met Yuji and his friends waiting for the train from Coventry Sunday, then bumped into them again in front of The Olde Wellington... my friends think Ive seen The Stones a few times, but that young man has a truly impressive resume!!

Cant wait for the show tmrw... plan on heading out for Stones swag at Old Trafford around 1300 so I can bring it back to the hotel before goin out for the show hands-free!

I'll be the over-excited American freak, so say Hello if you're so inclined!

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: June 4, 2018 23:34

This doesn’t look official but someone has made a nice effort with it

Unofficial Manchester poster?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-04 23:38 by Juniorjackflash.

Date: June 4, 2018 23:40

yorkshirestone
35love

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the ‘bees’ I saw a picture of a bee insect on the large screen of the last RS show... I am American but my pal is a MU fan thanks

Date: June 4, 2018 23:40

Juniorjackflash

The picture from the link:

Date: June 4, 2018 23:45

^^^ Nice!

“The worker bee is one of the best-known symbols of Manchester. ... HMS Manchester was nicknamed Busy Bee after the Manchester bee symbol, and the bee is depicted on the ship's crest, which is also present on the ship's funnel. In the early 1970s the famous Boddingtons logo was introduced, depicting a barrel and two bees.”

Wha?

Date: June 4, 2018 23:46

LOL this is better:

The bee symbolizes community, brightness and personal power. Follow the bee to discover your new destination. The ancient Druids saw the bee as symbolising the sun, the Goddess, celebration, and community. At festivals, mead was usually drunk - the main ingredient of which is fermented honey.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 4, 2018 23:49

35love
yorkshirestone
35love

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the ‘bees’ I saw a picture of a bee insect on the large screen of the last RS show... I am American but my pal is a MU fan thanks

I'm far from an expert but the Bee symbol, is of a Worker Bee and is supposed to represent the busy nature of Manchester during the Industrial Revolution.

...and all the other stuff they said above.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-04 23:52 by undertheradar.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 5, 2018 00:01

undertheradar
35love
yorkshirestone
35love

I'm far from an expert but the Bee symbol, is of a Worker Bee and is supposed to represent the busy nature of Manchester during the Industrial Revolution.

...and all the other stuff they said above.smiling smiley
Yep industrial revolution, university coat of arms, boddingtons beer and latterly togetherness/defiance against terrorism, more here [en.wikipedia.org]
Got to be some legs in bees and tongues?! :-)

Date: June 5, 2018 00:10

I hope the shirt looks like the supposed Litho posted.

The large bee insect I saw on the RS screen had the RS tounge superimposed over it. Made me think of wasp insects, not hard working human beings.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 5, 2018 00:13

35love
yorkshirestone
35love

I will answer your wasp question in the coventry thread ...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-05 00:14 by bv.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: June 5, 2018 00:16

Irix
Juniorjackflash

The picture from the link:

Thanks Irix!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2018 00:19

"Checking out tomorrow’s venue from the Bridgewater Canal.. #stonesnofilter #manchester"

[twitter.com]

Date: June 5, 2018 00:19

bv
35love
yorkshirestone
35love

Thanks B.V... of course if Wasps were mentioned first, it would have been entirely different conversation. grinning smiley

Date: June 5, 2018 00:45

undertheradar
bv
35love
yorkshirestone
35love

Thanks B.V... of course if Wasps were mentioned first, it would have been entirely different conversation. grinning smiley

Yes let’s not veer off on the term ‘worker bee’ class distinguish Queen etc etc

Date: June 5, 2018 01:17

Old Trafford will be a Hive of activity tomorrow!smiling smiley

There is also an Old Trafford cricket ground not far from the football stadium. Lancashire play there...Lancashire Rose emblem is also depicted in that cool poster... Not sure about the birds though.

On that note...wishing everyone attending Manchester Concert a fantastic time drinking smiley

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 5, 2018 01:26

The bee is a long standing symbol in Manchester to recognise the people who worked in the industrial revolution. The worker bees. There are representations of the bee throughout the magnificent Town Hall. It's recently been reborn as the symbol of defiance/unity following the Ariana Grande attack. Thousands got Bee tattoos. I hope and expect the Bee to feature in any Manchester merchandise.

Date: June 5, 2018 02:06

Here is one I did for fun a few months back. Pretty sure their designers will come up with something better [twitter.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 5, 2018 02:41

bv

I would guess all equipment goes by trucks. And air pressure changes in a plane is not really good for guitars.

Date: June 5, 2018 02:58

vertigojoe
The bee is a long standing symbol in Manchester to recognise the people who worked in the industrial revolution. The worker bees. There are representations of the bee throughout the magnificent Town Hall. It's recently been reborn as the symbol of defiance/unity following the Ariana Grande attack. Thousands got Bee tattoos. I hope and expect the Bee to feature in any Manchester merchandise.

Thank you for explanation, I was unaware of the current symbolism.
I am a fan of bees in general. Wasps, no.
smileys with beer

Date: June 5, 2018 05:58

Some people on the Coventry thread were talking about a green room after the concert. Not sure if this was a bar for the people who bought the expensive package deals or open to all. Just wondering if Manchester will have one ?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2018 06:19

"The stones lighting up the Manchester sky." [twitter.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home