Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Manchester England UK travel and show info
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 13, 2018 21:57

kevos
A lot of pushing for this show now. Multiple social media plugs. TV adverts and the city is littered with posters for it (minus the 2 I've stolen). Ultimately the tickets are just far too expensive for a lot of folks.

Even a Keith Richards playlist for tonights match.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:34

Haha I saw that, I'm sure Keith had a lot of input on that one spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:44

kevos
How long before they get defaced or damaged

They won't, this is Manchester United not West Ham....

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 15, 2018 02:24

BowieStone
kevos
A lot of pushing for this show now. Multiple social media plugs. TV adverts and the city is littered with posters for it (minus the 2 I've stolen). Ultimately the tickets are just far too expensive for a lot of folks.

Those posters... What's the etiquette for those if a Yank like me needed one (I do!) for his collection? Free for the taking, or procure at your own risk?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 16, 2018 14:40

TKinOH
BowieStone
kevos

Those posters... What's the etiquette for those if a Yank like me needed one (I do!) for his collection? Free for the taking, or procure at your own risk?

had a quick look on AXS and on a not very scientific count of 'sold out price bands' actually looks to be selling a lot better than London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, etc. 180/130 quid tickets selling more slowly, and GC (like everywhere) probably a bit over priced, but that can be solved shifting the fence and selling more GA rather than not selling at all. I'm pretty confident this will be full, or near it, come June 5th.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 28, 2018 19:50

Pit Tickets available now.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 28, 2018 20:39

yorkshirestone
TKinOH
BowieStone
kevos

Usually just grab em at your own risk, if you see em in shop windows no harm asking if you can have em. I managed to get a few smaller ones that way.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: March 28, 2018 20:51

Hello,

Me and my mate are in for Manch: just booked the EasyHotel for a bargain £38...giving LDs a whirl too. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: March 29, 2018 03:25

kevos
yorkshirestone
TKinOH
BowieStone
kevos

Usually just grab em at your own risk, if you see em in shop windows no harm asking if you can have em. I managed to get a few smaller ones that way.

Thanks! I figured this was the case, as on 6th June, they're old news...

Posted by: roybaitola ()
Date: April 16, 2018 19:18

Hi , everyone , i live in Brazil but Im from Manchester orginally , I cant get to the show at Old Trafford but will be at the Prague show . I will be there in Manchester after the Prague show for around three weeks. As Iam a collecter of Stones memorailla , I would like to know if anybody could keep their old used ticket for me ( instead of throwing it away ) , and I will buy it off them , only one , any part of the staduim , just a clean item please , thank you for reading this let me know on here , thank you , Roy Dutton.

Re: the rolling stones no filter uk\europe tour 2018
Date: April 16, 2018 19:33

Hi , everyone , i live in Brazil but Im from Manchester orginally , I cant get to the show at Old Trafford but will be at the Prague show . I will be there in Manchester after the Prague show for around three weeks. As Iam a collecter of Stones memorailla , I would like to know if anybody could keep their old used ticket for me ( instead of throwing it away ) , and I will buy it off them , only one , any part of the staduim , just a clean item please , thank you for reading this let me know on here , thank you , Roy Dutton.

Date: April 16, 2018 23:37

roybaitola

I'm taking the kids so we'll have three (proper rather than e-tickets) you're more than welcome to one of those, just drop me a line after and I'll stock it in the post

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2018 02:11

Thought I would post this here as I just received one I ordered today in the mail.

You can customize these for any venue of the tour and even your seat number etc. if you want.
Thought I might put it with the poster from the Twick show I ordered it for.. or??
Very well done, I must say, and super quick, and inexpensive.

[www.etsy.com]

Date: April 18, 2018 06:51

Thanks friend , you are very kind , like I said , I will be M\cr \ Bury until 2nd August , my email is roydutton2003@yahoo.com , if you need something from Prague or Brazil , please let me know , thanks again , Roy.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: April 24, 2018 20:50

Any pre-party locations for this show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-24 20:52 by 6s7s9s.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2018 20:59

6s7s9s
I'm flying in to Heathrow on June 5. Arrive approx 10am.

Is there a train from the airport to Manchester or do I have to go into London?

THANKS.

No trains, there are coaches (however they take too long, and difficult to pre-book as determine how long customs takes etc)

I arrive a couple hours earlier, have booked a train from London to Manchester for noon-ish, allowing for plenty of time for customs, train to London, etc.
The Heathrow Express train to London from Heathrow can be purchased (cheaper, good for anytime) in advance. Booking a train from London to Manchester best booked in advance as well..

Date: May 19, 2018 03:14

Today I received an email from AXS informing me to collect my ticket for the show at the box office. Helpful info that answers some questions I had regarding my not having received my tix for Manchester or Coventry here in the US...

In the Coventry thread, some international fans had also been instructed to pick up their tickets at the box office there, and their postage fee had been refunded.

I have 2 orders, for 1 GC in Manchester and for 2 GC in Coventry. One refund has been posted to my card so far, which I thought would apply to the Coventry info others had received.

Perhaps another email will be coming with instructions about international purchases for Coventry, since they went on sale at a later date...

Anyone else have info on any of the shows as far as international purchases not being mailed, but rather instructed for box office pickup?

Date: May 19, 2018 20:39

roybaitola
Thanks friend , you are very kind , like I said , I will be M\cr \ Bury until 2nd August , my email is roydutton2003@yahoo.com , if you need something from Prague or Brazil , please let me know , thanks again , Roy.
no worries roy just emailed you
rob

Date: May 19, 2018 20:48

looks to be a few price bands selling out as we get nearer to showtime. Could be a good crowd, this one. 15 years since Manchester Arena for Licks and 28 years since my first stones show, aged 16 at Maine Rd in 1990.
Middle tier sold out
130 quid tickets available in lower tier
£130/80/60 available in upper tier
GA and standing available
(6 price bands available, 6 sold)

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:42

Any idea what time The Stones will be on stage . Travelling from West Yorkshire, need to be back at Manchester Victoria station by 11:20 pm

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: May 19, 2018 23:00

Gig has a 10.30 curfew. Trams are very efficient from Old Trafford and only takes 5/10 mins from the ground. You’ll be fine as long as your make a slick exit as soon as the band finishes

Date: May 24, 2018 00:16

Tickets arrived today - printed in old Trafford ticket stock

Date: June 1, 2018 19:10

Anyone planning to meet for pre-show drinks for this one ?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 2, 2018 21:28

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 2, 2018 22:54

SimonN
Hello,

Me and my mate are in for Manch: just booked the EasyHotel for a bargain £38...giving LDs a whirl too. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

If you don’t cycle there, I shall be wildly disappointed! grinning smiley

Hope to finally meet you!

Date: June 2, 2018 23:03

SomeTorontoGirl
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

If you don’t cycle there, I shall be wildly disappointed! grinning smiley

Hope to finally meet you!

Hi STG,

If we do meet it’s a racing certainty that you will be disappointed, hah-hah! Actually our trains are running so erratically right now that I might be better-off giving it the two-wheeled treatment...

I’m hoping to get down for the IORRian pre-show meet...wherever that may be on Tuesday afternoon. After all, I do owe a few folk a drink!

See you soon I hope!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 3, 2018 20:14

Any info on pre party tomorrow ?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 3, 2018 21:11

Rolling Stones plane in Manchester

[youtu.be]

Mick Jagger strolling along the XLR apron after the concert at Coventry’s RICOH ARENA this afternoon.
Keith Richard looking cool after the concert.
Departing to Manchester pics;
[www.bhxspotter.com]

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 21:57 by Lien.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:38

Hello,

Dunno if any venue has been decided upon for a pre-show meet on Tuesday, but there are a couple of pubs in Media City, such as the Dockyard Pub which might be okay.

About 15 mins walk to Old Trafford.

Don’t blame this messenger if it’s a complete toilet, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-04 09:08 by SimonN.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 23:41

SimonN
Hello,

Dunno if any venue has been decided upon for a pre-show meet on Tuesday, but there are a couple of pubs in Media City (http://www.dockyard.pub/mcuk/]Dockyard Pub[/url]http://www.dockyard.pub/mcuk/) which might be okay.
About 15 mins walk to Old Trafford.

Don’t blame this messenger if it’s a complete toilet, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Simon, have a great time, after last night, you will have a fantastic time.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home