Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Manchester England UK travel and show info
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:46

If it’s selling slowly I think they will delay announcing the Saturday show. People will flock to the weekend show and leave the Tuesday. The stadium is booked for June 2nd.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:50

flairville
If it’s selling slowly I think they will delay announcing the Saturday show. People will flock to the weekend show and leave the Tuesday. The stadium is booked for June 2nd.
Makes good sense.thumbs up

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 3, 2018 09:03

surprisingly quite a lot of tickets have sold out now, I still doubt they will add the 2nd show but I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong. A Saturday night show would be epic with a great party atmosphere. Fingers crossed. Guess we will find out next week, If they haven't added it by then I would think they never will be.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:15

kevos
surprisingly quite a lot of tickets have sold out now, I still doubt they will add the 2nd show but I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong. A Saturday night show would be epic with a great party atmosphere. Fingers crossed. Guess we will find out next week, If they haven't added it by then I would think they never will be.

I think if they add any more shows it will be a second Manchester one. They have time to sell tickets, doesn't have to sell out within seconds of going on sale to be worthwhile. Otherwise they are sitting around for more than a week between shows.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 3, 2018 12:23

kevos

Quietly optimistic. Axs 8 out of 12 categories sold out and ticketmaster looks like platinum only left- seems like it’s selling well?
Maybe a week or so to shift those pricey golden circles then 2nd gig announced?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 12:24 by yorkshirestone.

Date: March 3, 2018 12:47

did Ticketmaster ever have anything other than Platinum? I hope they end up stuck with them and have to sell them below face value, greedy bastards !

Date: March 3, 2018 13:47

kevos
did Ticketmaster ever have anything other than Platinum? I hope they end up stuck with them and have to sell them below face value, greedy bastards !
Fingers crossed for that too ...

Date: March 5, 2018 18:48

yorkshirestone
kevos

Quietly optimistic. Axs 8 out of 12 categories sold out and ticketmaster looks like platinum only left- seems like it’s selling well?
Maybe a week or so to shift those pricey golden circles then 2nd gig announced?
They also have all the packages plus most sections still on sale for AMEX customers. Probably doesn't amount to more than 6 or 7 thousand tickets though so they may add it ?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 5, 2018 19:59

I am waiting for this one more than any other. Hope the annonce it.

Date: March 6, 2018 14:42

AXS all sold out except Golden Circle......surely there's a market for another on the 2nd!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 15:56

yorkshirestone
AXS all sold out except Golden Circle......surely there's a market for another on the 2nd!

I agree. It would be absolutely ridiculous if England got only 4 shows and only 1 outside London. The North of England is a huge market and I'm in no doubt a 2nd Manchester show, especially on a Saturday, could easily be supported.

However, I think Coventry is a goner sad smiley London Stadium 2 seems to be a slow seller with most sections still easily available.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 16:21

grzegorz67
yorkshirestone

I agree. It would be absolutely ridiculous if England got only 4 shows and only 1 outside London. The North of England is a huge market and I'm in no doubt a 2nd Manchester show, especially on a Saturday, could easily be supported.

However, I think Coventry is a goner sad smiley London Stadium 2 seems to be a slow seller with most sections still easily available.

If coventry is a goner, lets hope for 2nd manchester show on a saturday please.

Date: March 6, 2018 16:29

odean73
grzegorz67
yorkshirestone

If coventry is a goner, lets hope for 2nd manchester show on a saturday please.

If Ticket prices were lower, even at 14OF levels, I've no doubt the rest of the shows would have sold a lot faster and Coventry would have got its gig. But with apparently slow sales of London Stadium 2,not a vast distance from Coventry in the grand scheme of things, I just can't see it.

I CAN see a Manchester 1 on the Saturday though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 16:52 by grzegorz67.

Date: March 6, 2018 22:09

Looks like some more tickets have opened up including GA at Manchester. Stones have just advertised the 1 show on their Facebook.

Date: March 6, 2018 22:38

stereomanic
Looks like some more tickets have opened up including GA at Manchester. Stones have just advertised the 1 show on their Facebook.
They still had a few left from AMEX presale so maybe they are just shifting them around and seeing if they can sell them in order to justify a 2nd show?

Date: March 6, 2018 23:13

kevos
stereomanic
They still had a few left from AMEX presale so maybe they are just shifting them around and seeing if they can sell them in order to justify a 2nd show?

Sounds like a good enough reason!

Date: March 7, 2018 00:17

stereomanic
kevos
stereomanic

Sounds like a good enough reason!
...and largely gone again. Only spot with 6+ tickets together are upper tier £130 and golden circle

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 15:55

I think the chances of a 2nd show are getting smaller and smaller. Sadly this was the England show I wanted to do. Flights are cheap, hotel is booked...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 8, 2018 19:17

hockenheim95
I think the chances of a 2nd show are getting smaller and smaller. Sadly this was the England show I wanted to do. Flights are cheap, hotel is booked...

If it doesn’t happen they’ll regret not putting the only Manchester show on that saturday.
They gambled and lost (big time?)?

Date: March 8, 2018 21:10

BowieStone
hockenheim95

If it doesn’t happen they’ll regret not putting the only Manchester show on that saturday.
They gambled and lost (big time?)?

You may be right. It’s not like there’s another show a few days before for it to clash with. I think the Promoters have misjudged the market, particularly with GC tickets. They really should be no more than 150GBP if they want to sell them out.

The logical thing to have done would have been to anounce the Saturday show 1st then the Tuesday if they though demand was sufficient. It seems to me like a poor business decision.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 8, 2018 21:19

grzegorz67
yorkshirestone

Now 5 sections have loads of tickets available including GA Why a 2nd date?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 21:21 by belld.

Date: March 9, 2018 17:37

Now that Coventry has been all but confirmed for the June 2nd date, I would assume that sales for the lone Manchester date would increase, due to those holding out for the Saturday date(?)
Maybe not much though as Coventry isn't far away.
I ended up with two tickets for Manchester (possibly three-as I purchased a rare single LD ticket which may end up being two) I originally purchased a GA ticket then added the LD as a gamble when I saw you could (briefly) order a single LD.
Should be interesting as I arrive late that day,would like to hope there might be a few people lurking around stadium to get rid of extra tix for cheap easier..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 17:38 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 10, 2018 06:05

StonesSmeth99

For those wanting something different (and possibly cheaper), Altrincham is a 20 minute tram ride from the stadium and one of the more 'thriving' suburbs/towns around Manchester.

+1. Manchester is probably one of the easiest cities for accommodation and transport. I stayed at a fantastic $50 Airbnb in Altrincham a few weeks ago, in Morrissey's former house. Anything close to that #2 tram line will be great. It's a very interesting town with much to see - the Rylands library should not be missed.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: March 10, 2018 09:11

DeanGoodman
StonesSmeth99

For those wanting something different (and possibly cheaper), Altrincham is a 20 minute tram ride from the stadium and one of the more 'thriving' suburbs/towns around Manchester.

+1. Manchester is probably one of the easiest cities for accommodation and transport. I stayed at a fantastic $50 Airbnb in Altrincham a few weeks ago, in Morrissey's former house. Anything close to that #2 tram line will be great. It's a very interesting town with much to see - the Rylands library should not be missed.

Liverpool is also just a 30/40 min train ride away too. If you’re also a Beatles fan and travelling as a one off to this part of the world you could have a day there. Do the magical mystery tour etc.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 10, 2018 11:22

MisterDDDD
Now that Coventry has been all but confirmed for the June 2nd date, I would assume that sales for the lone Manchester date would increase, due to those holding out for the Saturday date(?)

Who knew about a possible second show? A few hundred people on stones boards?
And from those maybe one or two waiting for the saturday gig.

Date: March 10, 2018 17:02

BowieStone
MisterDDDD

Who knew about a possible second show? A few hundred people on stones boards?
And from those maybe one or two waiting for the saturday gig.
Good point.
Thought it was more widely rumoured than that.

Date: March 10, 2018 17:11

richie26188
Liverpool is also just a 30/40 min train ride away too. If you’re also a Beatles fan and travelling as a one off to this part of the world you could have a day there. Do the magical mystery tour etc.

Booked an easyhotel there for two nights after Manchester.
A train from Liverpool to Edinburgh the Friday (early am) before Edinburgh via early booking on TransPennine Express runs £13.50 (not available yet)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-10 17:13 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 11, 2018 04:09

I recon if its not announced by Fri 16th you can forget about a 2nd show. A lot of pushing for this show now. Multiple social media plugs. TV adverts and the city is littered with posters for it (minus the 2 I've stolen). Ultimately the tickets are just far too expensive for a lot of folks.

In my opinion, doing Cardiff AND Manchester was a bad call. Most bands who are very popular and a lot cheaper do not do 2 huge shows so close together.

Date: March 13, 2018 18:09

Rolling Stones:
The Tongue & Lips have landed at @ManUtd Stadium Old Trafford! If you're attending any upcoming games send in your photos & selfies with the tongues using #StonesNoFilter

Date: March 13, 2018 19:04

How long before they get defaced or damaged

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home