Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24
Re: London England UK travel and show info
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 19, 2018 16:38

Cheltie
Does anybody know, when the box office will open for Ticketmaster ticket collection?
9AM

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 19, 2018 20:41

terry
I'm still deciding if I'm going to the show Tuesday,if I do go I grab a ticket when I'm there.
I'll be hyper after the show,so no way I'm going back home so I will head to soho to party the rest of the night.
Please tell me there's bars open later into the night.
I get a train back to Windsor in the morning, if I'm still
Functioning.....I'm ready to roll with the stones. Yay

The St Giles bar is usually open until 2 am .Not far from Soho, Top of Tottenham Court rd near Oxford street

sc uk

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 19, 2018 21:06

London 25th (hardticket) arrived here in Germany today...phew... smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 19, 2018 22:02

straycatuk
terry
I'm still deciding if I'm going to the show Tuesday,if I do go I grab a ticket when I'm there.
I'll be hyper after the show,so no way I'm going back home so I will head to soho to party the rest of the night.
Please tell me there's bars open later into the night.
I get a train back to Windsor in the morning, if I'm still
Functioning.....I'm ready to roll with the stones. Yay

The St Giles bar is usually open until 2 am .Not far from Soho, Top of Tottenham Court rd near Oxford street

sc uk

Thanks straycatuk I know the area fairly well.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 20, 2018 00:19

Twickenham Stones Foldable Brochure

[www.englandrugby.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 20, 2018 01:13

Lucky Dips happening now.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 01:13 by mosthigh.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: May 20, 2018 02:36

DREAMTIME

[www.englandrugby.com]

Thanks for sharing, the brochure mentions that no buses serve Whitton Road for 1 hour after the concert. I presume this means that tempory road closures are in effect. I was planning to catch the 281 back to Kingston from the bus stops along Whitton Road, any idea where the busses would be rerouted to? Looking at the maps I wonder if the stops further up Nelson/Warren Rd might still be serviced.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 20, 2018 02:47

DREAMTIME

[www.englandrugby.com]

Handy, thanks!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2018 03:52

mosthigh
Lucky Dips happening now.

[www.rollingstones.com]

There was a time when Lucky Dips were exclusively limited to a single first batch and sold very quickly, but now they're used as a way to dump loads of unsold tickets for poor selling shows - they just add more.
Soon enough, people will be able to buy between one and eight just as they were able to in Dublin. Not guaranteed a great seat, but worth the gamble. At the outrageous prices they've been asking, at least you can get in for a reasonable price w/the chance of getting a Pit (or something other than nosebleed), but wherever you happen to land at least you won't feel robbed.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 20, 2018 09:39

Hairball

There was a time when Lucky Dips were exclusively limited to a single first batch and sold very quickly, but now they're used as a way to dump loads of unsold tickets for poor selling shows - they just add more.

The strategy hasn't changed - they were always a way of dumping unsold tickets - but it's becoming more transparent on this tour, presumably because they have more unsold tickets (and more people have wised up to what's going on).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2018 09:55

syrel
Hairball

The strategy hasn't changed - they were always a way of dumping unsold tickets - but it's becoming more transparent on this tour, presumably because they have more unsold tickets (and more people have wised up to what's going on).

The first couple of times they used the Lucky Dips there was only a limited batch of them, and once they sold out (which was instantly) there were no more Lucky Dips released. The same happened with the Vegas '16 shows - the Lucky Dips sold out in an instant and no more were ever released. They did have massive price drops of entire sections, but no Lucky Dips. Now we're seeing subsequent batches of Lucky Dips being released late in the game - don't know how long they've been doing this but it hasn't always been this way.

Posted by: Cheltie ()
Date: May 20, 2018 10:30

Thank you!

Posted by: Cheltie ()
Date: May 20, 2018 10:33

MononoM
Cheltie
Does anybody know, when the box office will open for Ticketmaster ticket collection?
9AM

Thank you

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 20, 2018 11:28

Green Lady
Tekumseh
...Does anyone know if there is any organized trips / guiding tours to Cotchford Farm? I'd love to go there on my way home, maybe on my way back to Gatwick Airport.

Cotchford Farm is a privately owned house and it has never been open to the public.

Thank you for your answear Green Lady. I guess the only way to get there then is by taxi, and an hour (30 minutes each way) by taxi will cost more than it's worth.
Gotta plan a trip to UK later, rent a vehicle to get "around and around."

Was lucky to get a pair of lucky dips just now.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 20, 2018 13:44

Who controls the sale of lucky dips is it the stones or the promoter?
There seems to be loads more going on sale again.
I wonder if its got to do with jagger seeing empty spaces in dublin.
They definitely got the pricing wrong for these uk shows.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 20, 2018 13:47

I got this from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park management:

‘Coming to watch the Rolling Stones perform inside the London Stadium next week? The ArcelorMittal Orbit is based right next door to the stadium and is a great addition to a day out in London! The ArcelorMittal Orbit is the UK’s tallest sculpture and also home to the world’s longest tunnel Slide and we’re extending opening hours on Tuesday 22 and Friday 25 May from 11am – 7pm so that fans can come and enjoy the attraction while getting excited for the concert. At 80metres high, the viewing platforms tower over the stadium, so there’s a good chance you can hear the soundchecks taking place while admiring the incredible views across the Park and London!

[www.queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk]

Bjornulf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 20, 2018 15:33

looking for a pair of tix to the sold out Chris Jagger show on the 24th. E mail me at tim_bernardis@hotmail.com. Thanks.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 20, 2018 15:59

anyone know if the Primark stores here in London are having the cheap Stones t shirts like they had in Dublin?

plexi

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 20, 2018 16:12

timbernardis
anyone know if the Primark stores here in London are having the cheap Stones t shirts like they had in Dublin?

plexi
I don't think so. Only found a Baby Boy Rolling Stones T-Shirt on their homepage:
Primark kids shirt

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 20, 2018 18:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-20 18:04 by undertheradar.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 20, 2018 18:03

timbernardis

plexi

Tesco are currently selling 'cheap' no filter t-shirts ..if it is of any help to you. Unable to post pic but here is a link.

[www.tesco.com]

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 20, 2018 18:14

Looks a bit "Stones washed"

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 20, 2018 18:39

Has anyone in the US received their tickets for Twickenham by International Delivery yet from Ticketbastard?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2018 19:37

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 20, 2018 20:25

I have been in some nice rnr bars in Soho and Camden ... But I am sure I am missing some good bars in these areas. Any other area?
Could somebody help me? smileys with beer
You know...rock bars with rock music , live or not.
Thanks!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-21 02:13 by spain73.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 20, 2018 20:25

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 20, 2018 22:46

Yeah...where's the place to be AFTER Tuesday's show?!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: May 20, 2018 23:13

Is there a meeting tomorrow evening?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2018 23:22

RollingStonesFan
Is there a meeting tomorrow evening?

The IORR band will play at the Hope and Anchor! smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 21, 2018 00:26

bv
I got this from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park management:

‘Coming to watch the Rolling Stones perform inside the London Stadium next week? The ArcelorMittal Orbit is based right next door to the stadium and is a great addition to a day out in London! The ArcelorMittal Orbit is the UK’s tallest sculpture and also home to the world’s longest tunnel Slide and we’re extending opening hours on Tuesday 22 and Friday 25 May from 11am – 7pm so that fans can come and enjoy the attraction while getting excited for the concert. At 80metres high, the viewing platforms tower over the stadium, so there’s a good chance you can hear the soundchecks taking place while admiring the incredible views across the Park and London!

[www.queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk]

Far out, you going on it? Chrimmeny like I need to fry my nerves some more.
Reminds me of the roller coaster on top of Sky scraper Vegas
have fun, lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home