Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 24
Re: 4pm Showtime - Twick???
Date: March 21, 2018 20:26

They do two shows. 4pm is the early show. 9pm the late one.

Enjoy

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 22, 2018 01:12

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Enjoy

No curfew.?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 22, 2018 01:33

babyblue
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Enjoy

No curfew.?
Was a joke, BabyBlue.
Just the one show, doors (likely) at 4.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 22, 2018 03:29

If you know the curfew time, you can figure the Stones will hit the stage about 2 1/2 hours before then.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 22, 2018 05:06

Curfew time is usually 11pm around here.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 22, 2018 07:17

Hey, these guys are getting old. These are early bird Sizzler hours.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: March 22, 2018 09:17

Stadium shows in the UK usually have a 10pm curfew, it's uncommon for the licence to be granted for a later time.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: March 22, 2018 09:52

As everyone else has said, I can't imagine they will be taking the stage any earlier than 8:00 PM.

For those locals, what would be the best way to get back to Kingston after the show, the bus or train?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 22, 2018 10:26

walk to Twickenham junction then get the bus number 281 to Kingston.

You'll be back in Kingston whilst others are still in the queue at the railway station...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-22 10:27 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 22, 2018 11:00

Adrian-L

You'll be back in Kingston whilst others are still in the queue at the railway station...

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: March 22, 2018 12:08

Adrian-L

Thanks! I thought the bus might be the best bet, was just unsure whether there might be road closures effecting the normal services.

Re: London England UK travel and show info
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 25, 2018 15:03

I keep checking AXS for Twickenham tickets, but no luck finding Lower Tier 129gbp tickets, they all start at 179gbp.

Is AXS the 'official' seller - as I see that Ticketmaster and others have tickets but even more expensive.

Will AXS release more tix? Are there better sites to get tickets that I'm missing?

Thanks in anticipation

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 25, 2018 19:33

LONDON STADIUM (Tuesday 22 May):

What is the recommended way of getting to AND from King's Cross/St. Pancrass Int'l - London Stadium on public transport? (metro? bus?)

Also, will it be tricky getting home (as everyone will be leaving the stadium at the same time)?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 25, 2018 19:58

bv
Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2018 in London England UK here.

Please note that this thread should work for both the London Stadium show(s) in May, as well as the Twickenham show in June.

London events:

Sunday May 20: Ealing Eclectic Musicspace Presents The Ali Mac band @The Ealing Club

Monday May 21: The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London

Monday June 18: Fans working on a gig for this date. Keep the date in your calendar.

OK, it's in my calendar, but what exactly am I waiting for ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: glen ()
Date: March 26, 2018 13:12

FrogSugar

What is the recommended way of getting to AND from King's Cross/St. Pancrass Int'l - London Stadium on public transport? (metro? bus?)

Also, will it be tricky getting home (as everyone will be leaving the stadium at the same time)?

I suggest checking the TFL (Transport for London) Journey Planner a bit nearer the time but my advice would be:-

Get either the Metropolitan, Circle or Hammersmith & City line from Kings Cross to Liverpool Street, from there change onto the Central Line which will take you straight into Stratford.

I reckon that's about a 30 minute journey with a 10-15 minute walk to the Stadium.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 26, 2018 19:59

glen
FrogSugar

I suggest checking the TFL (Transport for London) Journey Planner a bit nearer the time but my advice would be:-

Get either the Metropolitan, Circle or Hammersmith & City line from Kings Cross to Liverpool Street, from there change onto the Central Line which will take you straight into Stratford.

I reckon that's about a 30 minute journey with a 10-15 minute walk to the Stadium.

Thanks!

Just noticed how close London Stadium is to Abbey Road...debating on whether to swing by there and check it out...
EDIT: just "drove" through the nearby Abbey Rd. using Google maps. It's not the same one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-26 20:48 by FrogSugar.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 26, 2018 20:12

FrogSugar

Seen a few shows at London Stadium.
Getting out and home is 100 times easier than Wembley, which is a real PIA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-26 20:12 by Roadster32.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 26, 2018 20:57

If going from St Pancras Station then take the fast train from there to Stratford it takes less than 10 minutes and is by far the quickest way.

Nate

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: March 26, 2018 21:35

I'd definitely recommend a visit to Olympic Studios (now a cinema and swish café) in Barnes - not far from Richmond/Twickenham. They are also opening their own vinyl record shop in May, which promises to celebrate the studio's brilliant past...

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-26 21:38 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 26, 2018 23:50

StonesSmeth99
I'd definitely recommend a visit to Olympic Studios (now a cinema and swish café) in Barnes - not far from Richmond/Twickenham. They are also opening their own vinyl record shop in May, which promises to celebrate the studio's brilliant past...

[www.instagram.com]
Just added to my "to visit" list...
Not far from one of the places I'm staying and looks well worth the trip!
Thanks!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 27, 2018 01:11

bv
Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2018 in London England UK here.

Please note that this thread should work for both the London Stadium show(s) in May, as well as the Twickenham show in June.

London events:

Sunday May 20: Ealing Eclectic Musicspace Presents The Ali Mac band @The Ealing Club

Monday May 21: The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London

Monday June 18: Fans working on a gig for this date. Keep the date in your calendar.

This looks very interesting. The IORR band playing on May 21 and a pre-party on the night before at the Ealing Club. grinning smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 27, 2018 12:37

the new Eel Pie Museum which has relocated to a great,new, permanent home should be on your 'to do' list if visiting Twickenham.
However, currently, the museum is only open to the public from Thursdays to sundays.
To that effect I have been in contact with the establishments owners & have asked them id there is a possibility they will open their doors to you all on Tuesday 19th June.
I will, of course, let you know of developments...

[www.eelpiemuseum.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-27 12:38 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 28, 2018 13:40

Platinum pit tickets are currently on TM for London 22nd show for £500. That's 'only'£65 above face value (inc fees).

Of course, that implies they haven't sold as many, so perhaps they will emerge at regular price later (though I'm not sure of the relationship between TM and AXS on this), but if anyone is desperate...

syrel

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 2, 2018 17:07

Has anyone in the US received their tickets by courier for Twickenham or know when they may be sent out? I leave the US quite a while before the actual show and am nervous about the tickets getting delivered. Possibly I should e-mail or call them? Any advice appreciated.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 2, 2018 19:42

sarahunwin
Has anyone in the US received their tickets by courier for Twickenham or know when they may be sent out? I leave the US quite a while before the actual show and am nervous about the tickets getting delivered. Possibly I should e-mail or call them? Any advice appreciated.

Hi Sarah,

If memory serves, during Licks they were sent out very close to the show (s) in London. In fact, I had to have my Astoria tickets sent to the hotel I was staying at as I also left the US quite a while before the shows (the tix were to be sent to my home address a week or two prior to show), but that may have been exclusively for the Astoria show itself. A bit stressful yes, but when I checked in to the hotel the sacred envelope was handed to me.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 2, 2018 22:48

Everyone planning on attending a London show should use the TfL journey planner to arrange their trips around London: TfL Journey Planner

Twickenham Stadium Travel Info

London Stadium (Stratford) Travel Info

It's pretty short walk from Stratford station to the stadium.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 3, 2018 16:15

Hairball
sarahunwin

Hi Sarah,

If memory serves, during Licks they were sent out very close to the show (s) in London. In fact, I had to have my Astoria tickets sent to the hotel I was staying at as I also left the US quite a while before the shows (the tix were to be sent to my home address a week or two prior to show), but that may have been exclusively for the Astoria show itself. A bit stressful yes, but when I checked in to the hotel the sacred envelope was handed to me.

Thanks Hairball - I guess I'll email them in a few weeks and see what's up!!

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 3, 2018 17:42

We also had our tix delivered to our hotel for the Twick. The concierge had them for us. No problem!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 3, 2018 18:53

Father Ted
Everyone planning on attending a London show should use the TfL journey planner to arrange their trips around London: TfL Journey Planner

Twickenham Stadium Travel Info

London Stadium (Stratford) Travel Info

It's pretty short walk from Stratford station to the stadium.

Ooooh no I clicked on the link for Twickenham,
and discovered the ‘England Rugby’ shirts has the emblem of a rose/ very cute shirts ladies sizing more shirts $$$$$ eeeeee

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 3, 2018 19:25

35love

Ooooh no I clicked on the link for Twickenham,
and discovered the ‘England Rugby’ shirts has the emblem of a rose/ very cute shirts ladies sizing more shirts $$$$$ eeeeee

I vaguely recall the Stones selling a Twickenham-themed rugby jersey with tongue and rose. Must have been from 2003 or whenever they played there.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home