Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24
Re: London England UK travel and show info
Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:57

thomas guitar
Have a question about taking the train after the show in Cardiff

Is it possible to take a train from Cardiff to London after the concert or until the next day?

Thanks for help

You can take coach both National Express and Megabus.

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: March 6, 2018 20:19

Amy340
Has anyone been able to get Pit tickets for May 22nd through AXS? It always shows like their not sold out but nothing ever comes up.

I have been tried it also since 27.Feb without luck.
I hope once get it smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 7, 2018 02:14

I did something a bit risky and booked myself a flight that arrives at 15.00 at heathrow showday.

Should be about 2hours to get to the stadium. So i should be there by 17.00 which would be perfect timing. I even have an hour or two to play with if theres ay delays.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 7, 2018 07:22

Ouch, rule #1: never fly day of show winking smiley J/K hope you make it in time. The show itself doesn't start until like 20.45ish.

Posted by: Finnstone ()
Date: March 7, 2018 08:43

Topi
Ouch, rule #1: never fly day of show winking smiley J/K hope you make it in time. The show itself doesn't start until like 20.45ish.
Are you from Finland Topi? I am flying over from Helsinki on the morning of the 25th (land about 9am!). Am also flying over for Twickenham but not booked the flight yet.

Date: March 7, 2018 09:44

Kyllä =) I'm in London from May 18th thru May 26. For Twickenham I'll fly on Sunday June 17th.

Date: March 7, 2018 14:17

Finnstone
Topi
Are you from Finland Topi? I am flying over from Helsinki on the morning of the 25th (land about 9am!). Am also flying over for Twickenham but not booked the flight yet.
Haha, i know, it was either sleep badly and spent the day hussling between the the hotel and the venue, or sleep well and go directly to the stadium.

I live 15mins from helsinki-vantaa. So im finnish toospinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Im flying back 26.05 at 7.00.

I did exactly the same last year for stockholm. (bad reference cause its like 1000km closer)

I went and checked that Guns N ´Roses started last year their london stadium gigs at 7.45pm.

Date: March 7, 2018 14:43

Yes but GNR play 3 hour shows so they had to go on earlier. Curfew at 23:00?

Date: March 7, 2018 14:45

Finns, Finns everywhere! Feel free to e-mail me, we'll organise etkot someplace. winking smiley

Date: March 7, 2018 15:13

Topi
Finns, Finns everywhere! Feel free to e-mail me, we'll organise etkot someplace. winking smiley
Yes GNR shows that tour were about 3hours 15mins long.

Im not sure if i have time for etkot more like jatkot drinking smiley I have golden circle btw for the 25 may show.

By any chance, are you or someone else here, the finnish bloke who travelled to like half of the shows last year. I had a nice chat with him in stockholm while waiting Keiths side of the pit to open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 15:17 by rebelhipi.

Date: March 7, 2018 15:38

Golden Circle here as well. Plan is to get there with no rush and just get the farthest back fence at the soundboard, lean against it and enjoy the music. Girlfriend in tow, her first show, she's not that tall and not that into crowds either. This is why we'll aim for that spot.

I didn't do half of the shows last year, I only did 5. And I was in the Stockholm pit, but Ronnie's side (along with Sami Yaffa and Jo Wood winking smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 15:40 by Topi.

Date: March 7, 2018 16:03

pit for London 22. may available !

I just scored one !

Date: March 7, 2018 16:04

Great job rstass! Told ya not to give up!!!

Date: March 7, 2018 16:08

Thanks Topi!

Huhh, I tought I have to wait till may to drop this kind of ticket for me but thanks God I got it !

Have nice day to everybody !

Posted by: Hang Fire ()
Date: March 7, 2018 23:02

I'm in for London 25th: PIT B cool smiley

'In the sweet old country...'

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 7, 2018 23:27

I'm in PIT B for both 5/22 and 5/25. Tickets practically fell into my lap this morning. Super f'n stoked!

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 23:48

Got gold circle for night 1 London Stadium and Pit B for night 2. So f***ing stoked smiling smiley

Date: March 8, 2018 00:04

Topi
Golden Circle here as well. Plan is to get there with no rush and just get the farthest back fence at the soundboard, lean against it and enjoy the music. Girlfriend in tow, her first show, she's not that tall and not that into crowds either. This is why we'll aim for that spot.

I didn't do half of the shows last year, I only did 5. And I was in the Stockholm pit, but Ronnie's side (along with Sami Yaffa and Jo Wood winking smiley)
Thats a good plan.

Only five shows grinning smiley

It must have been somebodyelse then.

Date: March 8, 2018 00:32

For London locals and experienced visitors, a question.... Would a Visitor Oyster Card be the right option for tube fare, etc?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 8, 2018 00:51

grzegorz67
latvianinexile
Avoid Twickenham Guest House!

Had booked a single room incl. breakfast well in advance for GBP 67 via booking.com. Was allowed to cancel that up to a few days prior to event. So no need to pay now also. Today the guest house canceled my booking claiming my CC data was not valid and that they could not charge my card. That's BS of course. Card is OK, have other bookings with same card and same portal. Now they are selling a room (one person in double) for GBP 265.

I think a lot of that kind of thing goes on Latvian. Shameless profiteering. I got a single room for 2 nights in Manchester for £27 a night, a 45 minute walk from Old Trafford. If they do the same to me, I'll just drive there and back and not bother staying over, though that's clearly not an option for you. Plenty of accomodation in London so you'll easily get somewhere for much less than 265GBP, though you'll probably need to travel a few miles.

Learnt tonight that exactly the same happened to two other other people I know. So much about business ethics.

Date: March 8, 2018 00:55

latvianinexile
grzegorz67
latvianinexile

Had booked a single room incl. breakfast well in advance for GBP 67 via booking.com. Was allowed to cancel that up to a few days prior to event. So no need to pay now also. Today the guest house canceled my booking claiming my CC data was not valid and that they could not charge my card. That's BS of course. Card is OK, have other bookings with same card and same portal. Now they are selling a room (one person in double) for GBP 265.

I think a lot of that kind of thing goes on Latvian. Shameless profiteering. I got a single room for 2 nights in Manchester for £27 a night, a 45 minute walk from Old Trafford. If they do the same to me, I'll just drive there and back and not bother staying over, though that's clearly not an option for you. Plenty of accomodation in London so you'll easily get somewhere for much less than 265GBP, though you'll probably need to travel a few miles.

Learnt tonight that exactly the same happened to two other other people I know. So much about business ethics.

St. Giles Hotel in Bedford Ave, London, has reasonable rates for small single rooms with Wi-Fi and breakfast included. I'm there for a week at less than 90 quid per night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 01:00 by GAFF.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 01:24

GAFF
For London locals and experienced visitors, a question.... Would a Visitor Oyster Card be the right option for tube fare, etc?

If you have a debit card (as opposed to a credit card), All tfl (Transport for London) services and modes of transport accept contactless Payments. If you do so, you are charged the same rates as Oyster Card holders.

Don’t forget to touch out when you exit tube stations, even if the barrier’s open or else you’ll be charged for The maximum possible fare for the maximum possible price I.e about 5 gbp. I’ve been caught out with that before.

Date: March 8, 2018 01:26

grzegorz67
GAFF

If you have a debit card (as opposed to a credit card), All tfl (Transport for London) services and modes of transport accept contactless Payments. If you do so, you are charged the same rates as Oyster Card holders.

Don’t forget to touch out when you exit tube stations, even if the barrier’s open or else you’ll be charged for The maximum possible fare for the maximum possible price I.e about 5 gbp. I’ve been caught out with that before.

Excellent! Thank you very much!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 8, 2018 01:40

GAFF

The Transport London site recommends Oyster for tourists. I use it on my visits. The trick - I belatedly learned - is to try to avoid peak pricing, i.e. start the journey after 9:30 a.m., etc.

Date: March 8, 2018 01:43

DeanGoodman
GAFF

The Transport London site recommends Oyster for tourists. I use it on my visits. The trick - I belatedly learned - is to try to avoid peak pricing, i.e. start the journey after 9:30 a.m., etc.

Thanks, Dean! Hope to make your acquaintance there!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 8, 2018 02:09

GAFF
latvianinexile
grzegorz67
latvianinexile

St. Giles Hotel in Bedford Ave, London, has reasonable rates for small single rooms with Wi-Fi and breakfast included. I'm there for a week at less than 90 quid per night.

Thanks GAFF, I have a room in London. Yeah, the St. Giles has been hosting one or two Stones parties. The bar is open until late. Have stayed there.

Date: March 8, 2018 02:16

latvianinexile
GAFF
latvianinexile
grzegorz67
latvianinexile

Thanks GAFF, I have a room in London. Yeah, the St. Giles has been hosting one or two Stones parties. The bar is open until late. Have stayed there.

Good to know cos late night drinking will be go on this trip!

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 16:55

DeanGoodman
GAFF

Yup if you can, avoid going during peak times as those will be the most expensive. Peak times are 6.30 to 9.30am amd 4 to 7pm during the week. Weekends are non peak fares so don’t worry then.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 9, 2018 11:40

Saw this advert in this weeks Timeout grinning smiley

Can't believe im seeing them 3 times in London this year!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 12:06 by stereomanic.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 9, 2018 16:24

For anyone looking to book train travel, (especially those coming from overseas) 'Advance' tickets (the cheapest kind, but tied to specific trains) have just gone on sale for 22/23 May.

They are supposed to be available 12 weeks beforehand, but in practice it's more like 10.5/11. So Advance tickets for 25/6th May will likely go on sale in a few days.

syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home