Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24
Re: London England UK travel and show info
Posted by: rstass ()
Date: March 2, 2018 12:54

Beast
JumpinJeppeFlash
Pit for London Stadium 1 available right now at axs:

[tickets.axs.com]

Anyone have any luck with pits on this page? Although they show as available, nothing comes up when you try.

Same here...

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: March 2, 2018 14:36

Lucky Dips for Twickenham! I am so excited!

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 20:41

We're in for Cardiff and Twickenham!!! Woooo Woooo

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:06

I just booked my flight for the London May shows. Normally I fly in & out between every show, even if the shows are in the same city, but for the two London shows in May, I am staying the whole week, I hope. Five days in London, two shows with The Rolling Stones, five days with fans and friends, fish'n'ships, London Pride Best Bitter or whatever they serve in the pubs. I am ready, the countown has started. It is 80 days to go. And before that, Dublin.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 2, 2018 22:11

Wonder if the big Royal Wedding now to be held on May 19th will impact things much. Seems likely flights hotels may go up again (?)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 2, 2018 22:31

MisterDDDD
Wonder if the big Royal Wedding now to be held on May 19th will impact things much. Seems likely flights hotels may go up again (?)

I don't think anyone flying in from abroad to attend this wedding will be looking at Ryanair flights and Travelodge hotels.
The only interesting thing about this wedding will be seeing if prince Harry's father Major James Hewwitt aka SuperCad turns up.

Nate

Date: March 2, 2018 22:38

Nate
MisterDDDD

I don't think anyone flying in from abroad to attend this wedding will be looking at Ryanair flights and Travelodge hotels.
The only interesting thing about this wedding will be seeing if prince Harry's father Major James Hewwitt aka SuperCad turns up.

Nate
Of course not.
Just read a header in US about public being invited and to book air/hotels now.
Likely a joke I suppose.

Thats as much of it as I will follow as doesn't interest or impact my travel.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 2, 2018 22:41

I believe that 1000 people carefully chosen from the U.K public have been invited to the grounds of Windsor castle on the day but not to attend the actual ceremony.This won't impact airline fares or hotel rates at all.

Nate

Date: March 2, 2018 22:53

Nate
I believe that 1000 people carefully chosen from the U.K public have been invited to the grounds of Windsor castle on the day but not to attend the actual ceremony.This won't impact airline fares or hotel rates at all.

Nate
Yeah.. 2400 people total.. joke header got me.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:15

bv
I just booked my flight for the London May shows. Normally I fly in & out between every show, even if the shows are in the same city, but for the two London shows in May, I am staying the whole week, I hope. Five days in London, two shows with The Rolling Stones, five days with fans and friends, fish'n'ships, London Pride Best Bitter or whatever they serve in the pubs. I am ready, the countown has started. It is 80 days to go. And before that, Dublin.

I'm in London from 5/20-5/27, two shows, exploring London with old and new friends, experiencing everything to the hilt! Hope to have the pleasure of meeting you, Bjornulf!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 3, 2018 06:30

Good to know you'll be hanging around town, Bjornulf. I will be there as well.
Hope to see you and a whole lot of IORR blokes and dames!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 06:30 by angee.

Date: March 3, 2018 10:00

Nate
MisterDDDD

Nate

grinning smiley

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 3, 2018 10:38

3 massive stadium shows in London we are so lucky. Not a bad way to end their 50+ year career if it indeed does ever end. I can't imagine them ever saying "this is the final tour or the final show" but realistically I don't see them doing stadium tours in their 80s (even though it was probably said about their 70s!).

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 14:05

Potential for an interesting guest appearance?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:17

Rollin92
Potential for an interesting guest appearance?

Certainly, and opening acts too. No point to endless speculation though. They'll either announce the details or we'll see on the night.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 3, 2018 17:22

stereomanic
3 massive stadium shows in London we are so lucky. Not a bad way to end their 50+ year career if it indeed does ever end. I can't imagine them ever saying "this is the final tour or the final show" but realistically I don't see them doing stadium tours in their 80s (even though it was probably said about their 70s!).

70s? It was said about them in their 30's that it was inconceivable they could be running around football stadiums when they hit 40!

Back then, we seemed to be under the impression that, like sportsmen, once you got beyond about 35 you were on borrowed time for doing anything that strenuous.

Even the Stones thought that themselves. I remember Jagger being asked in a BBC radio interview in 1980 how long he thought the Stones could keep doing this and feeling relieved when he said "I cant see us going on much beyond....1990" because I thought at least they had quite a few years left

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 23:05

bv

BV, i would love to meet you man. I have tickets for both London shows and live in London so would be awesome to meet you sometime during that week smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:51

No Filter Pit A for 399 available right now

[tickets.axs.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:10

Yes, pulling single pits if you don't choose the side but choose "best available" instead.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:34

Pit tickets available for Twickenham Stadium now at axs.com. Just got one, Keith side.

Posted by: jaggerzita ()
Date: March 5, 2018 15:07

Pit tickets available for the second London show at axs. Just got them!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: diana ()
Date: March 6, 2018 13:16

Hi everyone,

I would like to share some experience with you for buying my 2 e-tickets for the date 25th May in London, and to check if someone else got such an issue?

On the 2nd of March, I managed to buy 2 tickets Golden Circle from AXS using my presale code, and I received purchase confirmation by email but they didn’t send me the e-tickets attached. I contacted the customer service and they said the tickets are not released yet with the following message included:

"The e-tickets for this event have not yet been released. Tickets may be received at any point up until the week of the event, but are usually sent out around 2 weeks before. Unfortunately we are not given any prior information about when tickets will be issued by the promoter so we are unable to provide an estimated delivery date in advance."

Could you please share your opinion on this topic as I am not sure that this is the regular way of buying e-tickets compared to my previous experience?

Does anybody managed to collect and download tickets bought from AXS?

Thank you so much in advance for your prompt reply in this matter.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 13:20

diana
Hi everyone,

I would like to share some experience with you for buying my 2 e-tickets for the date 25th May in London, and to check if someone else got such an issue?

On the 2nd of March, I managed to buy 2 tickets Golden Circle from AXS using my presale code, and I received purchase confirmation by email but they didn’t send me the e-tickets attached. I contacted the customer service and they said the tickets are not released yet with the following message included:

"The e-tickets for this event have not yet been released. Tickets may be received at any point up until the week of the event, but are usually sent out around 2 weeks before. Unfortunately we are not given any prior information about when tickets will be issued by the promoter so we are unable to provide an estimated delivery date in advance."

Could you please share your opinion on this topic as I am not sure that this is the regular way of buying e-tickets compared to my previous experience?

Does anybody managed to collect and download tickets bought from AXS?

Thank you so much in advance for your prompt reply in this matter.

Completely normal for AXS. They email you a pdf of your ticket a week or 2 before show day. It's happened for me several times for different artists.

Posted by: diana ()
Date: March 6, 2018 14:00

Thank you so much for your reply as I bought already my flight tickets too, and I wasn't sure about the tickets for the show. Normally when I order e-tickets, I receive them generated immediately at the moment of the purchase and this is my first time for such a long delay...
I hope it is not a scam!

Date: March 6, 2018 14:53

Not a scam Diana, Got the same message when i booked as Grz says.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 6, 2018 15:19

Avoid Twickenham Guest House!

Had booked a single room incl. breakfast well in advance for GBP 67 via booking.com. Was allowed to cancel that up to a few days prior to event. So no need to pay now also. Today the guest house canceled my booking claiming my CC data was not valid and that they could not charge my card. That's BS of course. Card is OK, have other bookings with same card and same portal. Now they are selling a room (one person in double) for GBP 265.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 15:47

latvianinexile
Avoid Twickenham Guest House!

Had booked a single room incl. breakfast well in advance for GBP 67 via booking.com. Was allowed to cancel that up to a few days prior to event. So no need to pay now also. Today the guest house canceled my booking claiming my CC data was not valid and that they could not charge my card. That's BS of course. Card is OK, have other bookings with same card and same portal. Now they are selling a room (one person in double) for GBP 265.

I think a lot of that kind of thing goes on Latvian. Shameless profiteering. I got a single room for 2 nights in Manchester for £27 a night, a 45 minute walk from Old Trafford. If they do the same to me, I'll just drive there and back and not bother staying over, though that's clearly not an option for you. Plenty of accomodation in London so you'll easily get somewhere for much less than 265GBP, though you'll probably need to travel a few miles.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:21

Have a question about taking the train after the show in Cardiff

Is it possible to take a train from Cardiff to London after the concert or until the next day?

Thanks for help

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:39

Has anyone been able to get Pit tickets for May 22nd through AXS? It always shows like their not sold out but nothing ever comes up.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:41

I got one during the presale

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home