Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 24
Re: London England UK travel and show info
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 1, 2018 13:32

Beast
These tactics are an utter disgrace.

Absolutely. They are currently offering Platinum Pit tickets but for c.£650.

The Pit price is £395 plus booking fee.

Absolute bastards.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 1, 2018 13:42

OOOhhh so happy!! Got 6 tickets for GA on the Friday date! So glad I took the risk of waiting. (Got twickenham too)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 1, 2018 13:50

London Stadium (Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park) - Tue, 22-May-2018 :

[www.Ticketmaster.co.uk] -- [Platinum.Ticketmaster.co.uk]

All Platinum-Ticket prices (at the time as posted here):

£740 - No Filter Pit A/B Standing
£450 - Gold Circle Standing
£340 - Middle Tier
£320~£340 - Ambulant Seating
£320~£340 - Wheelchair Area
£290~£340 - Upper Tier
£270~£340 - Lower Tier
£315 - Pitch Standing/ Limited Unreserved Seats

London Stadium (Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park) - Fri, 25-May-2018 :

[www.Ticketmaster.co.uk] -- [Platinum.Ticketmaster.co.uk]

All Platinum-Ticket prices (at the time as posted here):

£540 - No Filter Pit A/B Standing
£340 - Gold Circle Standing
£300 - Middle Tier
£270~£300 - Ambulant Seating
£270~£300 - Wheelchair Area
£250~£300 - Upper Tier
£230~£300 - Lower Tier
£265 - Pitch Standing/ Limited Unreserved Seats

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 1, 2018 14:00

Irix
London Stadium (Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park) - Fri, 25-May-2018 :

All Platinum-Ticket prices:

£540 - No Filter Pit A/B Standing
£340 - Gold Circle Standing
£300 - Middle Tier
£270~£300 - Ambulant Seating
£270~£300 - Wheelchair Area
£250~£300 - Upper Tier
£230~£300 - Lower Tier
£265 - Pitch Standing/ Limited Unreserved Seats

Bear in mind that these prices change though - pit tickets on the 22nd went up to 740. They may well drop in the future.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 14:04

I must be mad but earlier I got a PIT ticket, super lucky.
So now I have tickets for all 3 London shows, goal achieved. No more for me smiling smiley My 5th, 6th and 7th Rolling Stones shows, CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Date: March 1, 2018 14:06

Silver Dagger
Beast

Absolute bastards.

Platinum for the Olympic stadium on Ticketmaster is £540. Where did you find £650?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 1, 2018 14:20

These platinum ticket sales are a complete load of nonsense.The ticket agents claim that the price of platinum tickets will fluctuate depending on demand so how on earth are they already increasing in price on the first day of sales when they probably haven't even sold 10% of total tickets yet.

Has anyone ever actually seen the price of platinum tickets reduced to below the actual face value?

Don't fall for these tactics wait and be patient.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 14:23 by Nate.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: March 1, 2018 14:32

Typical Stones pattern for a UK tour: holding back the announcment of extra dates.
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't more dates at Sheffield, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol or Newcastle, in the days to come.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 15:48

ElGeordie
Typical Stones pattern for a UK tour: holding back the announcment of extra dates.
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't more dates at Sheffield, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol or Newcastle, in the days to come.

There are no credible rumours of the Stones playing any of these cities other than Birmingham - maybe. 12 dates have been anounced and there will be no more than 2 more. Th tour will not exceed 14 dates. These guys are in their mid 70s and youngster Ronnie is 71 in June.

Date: March 1, 2018 16:39

Travman87
Silver Dagger
Beast

Absolute bastards.

Platinum for the Olympic stadium on Ticketmaster is £540. Where did you find £650?

With booking fee. It was over £600.

Date: March 1, 2018 16:46

Yes - the Pit ticket price has dropped from £740 to £540. I'm sure it was c. £640 for a while too. If you hang about the price may go down to the £399 they are supposed to be.

Posted by: smashmark ()
Date: March 1, 2018 16:46

Does anyone know the seat numbers for the 100 level sections at London Stadium?

there are platinum seats in many of the section close to the stage, but just trying to understand how the seat numbers work as the seat numbers are in the 100s

thanx!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 1, 2018 16:57

In for both London Stadium showssmileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 1, 2018 16:59

Silver Dagger
Yes - the Pit ticket price has dropped from £740 to £540. I'm sure it was c. £640 for a while too. If you hang about the price may go down to the £399 they are supposed to be.

The first London show has always been £540 (platinum price), so no change there. The others are still showing the same higher prices as before.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2018 17:36

ElGeordie

Been a long time since they did that.

A couple of extra Wembley Arena shows in 2003 and a third night at the 02 in 2007 are the only recent ones I can remember.

When it last happened for a show outside London I'm genuinely having trouble remembering - probably Leeds in 1982?

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 18:44

Beast
Silver Dagger

The first London show has always been £540 (platinum price), so no change there. The others are still showing the same higher prices as before.

So far LONDON STADIUM:

PIT:

740 pounds + fee TM PLATINUM- May 22
590 pounds + fee TM PLATINUM- May 25 (540 just a few minutes ago)

399 pounds + fee AXS Presale: n.a. May 22
399 pounds + fee AXS Presale: n.a. May 25

GOLD:

400 pounds + fee TM PLATINUM- May 22
340 pounds + fee TM PLATINUM- May 25

249 pounds + fee AXS Presale May 22
249 pounds + fee AXS Presale May 25

Presale still going here (pass code required):
[www.axs.com]

Platimun *:
www.ticketmaster.co.uk

* Changing dynamic prices.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 20:02 by spain73.

Date: March 1, 2018 18:58

smashmark

there are platinum seats in many of the section close to the stage, but just trying to understand how the seat numbers work as the seat numbers are in the 100s

thanx!

If you are unsure about exact seat location then click on the London Stadium name (open in another tab/web page) and it will show all the events for that stadium, then find one that shows the interactive seat map and that way you can see exact locations.

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: March 1, 2018 19:56

We are in the "NoFilter Pit" Ronnie's side. Took forever to purchase yesterday. Booked Holiday Inn Express Stratford. Any one know it?

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:31

Nate
These platinum ticket sales are a complete load of nonsense.The ticket agents claim that the price of platinum tickets will fluctuate depending on demand so how on earth are they already increasing in price on the first day of sales when they probably haven't even sold 10% of total tickets yet.

Has anyone ever actually seen the price of platinum tickets reduced to below the actual face value?

Nate

I have never seen premium type tickets (VIP, Platimum, etc.) reduced to anywhere close to the official ticket only list price. However, later in the process (usually less than a month before the concerts), if they still have a lot of unsold tickets, they will put them on the market as regular priced tickets and sell them for list price.

For example, I bought two Platinum Pits for Twickenham for 540 BP each, since that's not ridiculous compared to the official price for pits - and I didn't want to have to keep constantly checking for regular priced pits. Now the Platinum pit price is much higher than 540 BP each. It's possible the price will eventually (but not soon) drop back to 540 BP, but I doubt the Platinum pit price ever drops below 540 BP (although perhaps 500 is possible) for Twickenham. However, it's likely regular priced pits will become available sporadically between now and the concert. BTW, there is no difference between Platinum and regular tickets, except for a higher price and no additional handling fee added to the Platinum price (only a reasonable shipping fee is added to the Platinum price). You don't get anything extra with Platinum tickets, unlike the VIP deals (which are much more expensive).

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:43

Try to order tickets for Cardiff by AXS ...only possible for the UK. The other shows is possible to order for other European countries.

Anybody have the same experience?

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 20:59

IGTBA
Nate

Nate

I have never seen premium type tickets (VIP, Platimum, etc.) reduced to anywhere close to the official ticket only list price. However, later in the process (usually less than a month before the concerts), if they still have a lot of unsold tickets, they will put them on the market as regular priced tickets and sell them for list price.

For example, I bought two Platinum Pits for Twickenham for 540 BP each, since that's not ridiculous compared to the official price for pits - and I didn't want to have to keep constantly checking for regular priced pits. Now the Platinum pit price is much higher than 540 BP each. It's possible the price will eventually (but not soon) drop back to 540 BP, but I doubt the Platinum pit price ever drops below 540 BP (although perhaps 500 is possible) for Twickenham. However, it's likely regular priced pits will become available sporadically between now and the concert. BTW, there is no difference between Platinum and regular tickets, except for a higher price and no additional handling fee added to the Platinum price (only a reasonable shipping fee is added to the Platinum price). You don't get anything extra with Platinum tickets, unlike the VIP deals (which are much more expensive).

Last year in Paris I got two Pit tickets in the very , very last minute.
I was checking my computer 24/7.
This time I got my Pit tickets for London May 25, Platinum.
I know the price I pay, but this time I don't want any stress in my life.
Getting pit tickets last year in Paris was insane.
And after all, how many more Stones' shows will we have?

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 22:05

Well lets say they left it another 5 years they will be late 70s or 80 by then and i really will be surprised if their still going at 80 years old

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 23:04

John&Trish
We are in the "NoFilter Pit" Ronnie's side. Took forever to purchase yesterday. Booked Holiday Inn Express Stratford. Any one know it?

If i remember correctly its not too far from the stadium a walkable distance

Posted by: glen ()
Date: March 1, 2018 23:55

smashmark

thanx!

Yeah i'm a West Ham season ticket holder for my sins.

Seat numbers start at 1 and the numbers run around the entire stadium so don't be put off by having a high seat number. It doesnt just relate to the number of seats in that block

Posted by: glen ()
Date: March 1, 2018 23:59

John&Trish

Yeah its probably a 10 minute walk at the most from the stadium, very close to Stratford International DLR and less that 5 minutes from Stratford mainline station.

Date: March 2, 2018 11:07

Have all the Pit tickets for the 2 London Stadium shows gone or are they releasing them slowly?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 2, 2018 11:27

Silver Dagger
Have all the Pit tickets for the 2 London Stadium shows gone or are they releasing them slowly?

Mike, at this early juncture the pits will be tied up in all these absurd Brown Sugar and Gimme Shelter packages and also the likes of "Event Travel" packages. Some probably WILL be drip-fed in singles and at face value (£451 plus fees), but over the next few weeks/months. So the moral of the story (from this point onwards) is that you need to check first thing in the morning, last thing at night, and as often as you can in between !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 2, 2018 12:06

Pit for London Stadium 1 available right now at axs:

[tickets.axs.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 2, 2018 12:15

Lucky Dips still there. Only in pairs now for both London Stadium shows, I think.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 2, 2018 12:42

JumpinJeppeFlash
Pit for London Stadium 1 available right now at axs:

[tickets.axs.com]

Anyone have any luck with pits on this page? Although they show as available, nothing comes up when you try.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 24

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home