Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839Next
Current Page: 37 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 15:19

RollingStonesFan
chriseganstar
RollingStonesFan
Still no ticket by post! The hotline is not available for hours now. I tried to mail them but I doubt this will work. What shall i do?
Keep calling them on +353 321 9996 ... Keep pressing 5 during the preamble and you should get through to an operator fairly quickly. Don't wait until they've run through all of the options.

"The number is not asigned..."

Same here. That number seem incorrect or not accessible from the Netherlands. I've been trying +353 818 903 001 since 09.00 [CET] without luck. Reaching out through their website did not help either. I spoke with Ticketmaster UK and Ticketmaster NL, but they cannot help me.

How hard can it be to print the tickets, put them in an envelope and drop 'em in a mailbox. Why can they not send e-ticket copies to all the hard-copy customers just in case.

Why do they wait 'till the very last week before sending. It is not like they have not done this before. The fees are generous enough. Buying tickets through TM is frustrating enough, but having to go through this is even worse.

I have received the Warshaw tickets weeks ago. Eventim seems a lot better organised than TM.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 15:19

Gazza
slewan
TE
zgredzik
is there a song-vote for Dublin gig?
If so, my guess is...

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
Neighbours
XXXXX

And the winner is...

TE
Oslo

unlikely – since there will only be four song in the vote…

Thinking of Neighbours – it might be an appropriante song for Dublin (remember all thse neighbours of Croke Park who didn't want to see the Stones perform there?)

Good point. That may very well be the reason for playing it.

When they played it at Slane in 1982, Mick prefaced it by thanking people from coming from Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick and a few other places and then did his little bit of bridge-building by saying 'remember - you're all neighbours'.

They'll probably ditch it after the first show, then!

And thankfully in the 36 years since that show, many many bridges have been built thumbs up and the island is a far better place for it. I will be visiting both Capitals of the Island, Gazza. I like both. Dublin is a far prettier place but I personally prefer Belfast as it's much cheaper and has far fewer tourist traps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 15:20 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 15, 2018 15:27

Are (were) the neighbours of Croke Park begrudging for the Stones specifically, or for any gig planned to took place there?

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 15:27

on twitter, mick at croke, warming up/dancing superbly, to
the gentle strains of Girls@ by Joey Purp and Chance the Rapper

[twitter.com]

Date: May 15, 2018 15:31

laertisflash
Are (were) the neighbours of Croke Park begrudging for the Stones specifically, or for any gig planned to took place there?

I think it was much more to do with the breaking of the local agreement of allowing a maximum of 3 concerts a year at Croke Park, rather than the specific band which took them over the limit.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: May 15, 2018 15:32

Promoman2
RollingStonesFan
chriseganstar
RollingStonesFan
Still no ticket by post! The hotline is not available for hours now. I tried to mail them but I doubt this will work. What shall i do?
Keep calling them on +353 321 9996 ... Keep pressing 5 during the preamble and you should get through to an operator fairly quickly. Don't wait until they've run through all of the options.

"The number is not asigned..."

Same here. That number seem incorrect or not accessible from the Netherlands. I've been trying +353 818 903 001 since 09.00 [CET] without luck. Reaching out through their website did not help either. I spoke with Ticketmaster UK and Ticketmaster NL, but they cannot help me.

How hard can it be to print the tickets, put them in an envelope and drop 'em in a mailbox. Why can they not send e-ticket copies to all the hard-copy customers just in case.

Why do they wait 'till the very last week before sending. It is not like they have not done this before. The fees are generous enough. Buying tickets through TM is frustrating enough, but having to go through this is even worse.

I have received the Warshaw tickets weeks ago. Eventim seems a lot better organised than TM.

I posted an annoyed post on the Facebook-site of TM. Maybe that works.[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 15:40 by RollingStonesFan.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: May 15, 2018 17:48

Eventim seems a lot better organised than TM

They are German company so they do things in a logical manner .grinning smiley

Sadly the stones or their promoters tend to prefer the blood sucking leeches who take your money and sit on it for months.

For those without a ticket Viagogo is now selling Gold Circle for £92 - £ 115 and I expect they will fall still further in price the closer it gets.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 15, 2018 18:04

Lucky Dip...

Pick-up your tickets at the Will Call venue located opposite Gills pub on the North Circular Road.
Seating locations are pulled at random. The line forms starting at 2:00 pm – do not arrive early. Doors open at 5:00 pm.
We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure that these tickets go to Stones fans and don't end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices. We appreciate your attention to the following, so that you have the best experience possible:
Your picture ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used to make the purchase are required for pick-up. You will not be permitted to pick up your tickets without these three (3) items.
You must pick up your tickets in person, along with your guest.
If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Parking and Driving Directions are found here: www.aikenpromotions.com
Enjoy the show!

TE
Oslo

Date: May 15, 2018 18:05

maxx
Eventim seems a lot better organised than TM

They are German company so they do things in a logical manner .grinning smiley

Sadly the stones or their promoters tend to prefer the blood sucking leeches who take your money and sit on it for months.

For those without a ticket Viagogo is now selling Gold Circle for £92 - £ 115 and I expect they will fall still further in price the closer it gets.

Don't forget to add the fees for Viagogo which add 30-40% to their advertised prices.

Date: May 15, 2018 18:06

Better queue up around midnight... (LD that is)

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 18:07 by TE.

Date: May 15, 2018 18:12

RE: Lucky Dips...
The line forms starting at 2:00 pm – do not arrive early. Doors open at 5:00 pm.

So the gates open at the same time as the Box Office. Take a look at the office at Google street walk, add all those people not yet receiving their ticket yet. Will be a ball.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:08

TE
Better queue up around midnight..

completely useless – LD tickets will be handed out randomly

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:54

slewan
TE
Better queue up around midnight..

completely useless – LD tickets will be handed out randomly
Information by Aiken Promotions:

PLEASE NOTE: EARLY QUEUING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE STREETS AROUND CROKE PARK. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU
ARRIVE EARLY, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY. THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL AREA AND WE ASK TICKET HOLDERS TO PLEASE
RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF THE RESIDENTS AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 20:01

TE
Lucky Dip...

Pick-up your tickets at the Will Call venue located opposite Gills pub on the North Circular Road.
Seating locations are pulled at random. The line forms starting at 2:00 pm – do not arrive early. Doors open at 5:00 pm.
We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure that these tickets go to Stones fans and don't end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices. We appreciate your attention to the following, so that you have the best experience possible:
Your picture ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used to make the purchase are required for pick-up. You will not be permitted to pick up your tickets without these three (3) items.
You must pick up your tickets in person, along with your guest.
If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Parking and Driving Directions are found here: www.aikenpromotions.com
Enjoy the show!

TE
Oslo
Does it mean we line up from 2 to 5? Or does it mean we get our tickets from 2. I am a bit confused.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: May 15, 2018 20:06

It means we should not expect that tm place to open doors before 2 pm I guess

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 15, 2018 20:12

Song Vote up now..

Far Away Eyes
Angie
Moonlight Mile
Wild Horses

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 20:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 15, 2018 20:24

On Facebook

Mine was FE and MM

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 15, 2018 21:08

If it's Angie, my cue to go buy a beer and a T-shirt. Moonlight Mile for me !

Satisfied since 1976

Date: May 15, 2018 21:18

Love Angie. One of their best songs and not to often played. Anything but wild horses really.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:03

Did anyone check the Stones shirts in a Primark store?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:05

You can still do a skyline tour ,and see the stage , tomorrow !

Please note our Stadium and Ericsson Skyline tours will not operate on Thursday due to the Rolling Stones concert.

Tomorrow, there will be a Stadium Tour at 11am and Ericsson Skyline Tour at 11.30am. Rolling Stones fans, get a sneak preview - book now: [crokepark.ie]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 22:11 by Lien.

Date: May 15, 2018 22:13

Lien
You can still do a stadium tour ,and see the stage , tomorrow !

Please note our Stadium and Ericsson Skyline tours will not operate on Thursday due to the Rolling Stones concert.

Tomorrow, there will be a Stadium Tour at 11am and Ericsson Skyline Tour at 11.30am. Rolling Stones fans, get a sneak preview - book now: [crokepark.ie]

And hide in the restroom, and wait. Like XXXXXXXXXX did, lol...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out OK, was a better gig. And not overnight.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 15, 2018 22:39

TE
Lien
You can still do a stadium tour ,and see the stage , tomorrow !

And hide in the restroom, and wait. Like XXXXXXXXXX did, lol...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out OK, was a better gig. And not overnight.

TE
Oslo

...I know someone who did something today

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:05

"Hello from Dublin"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: May 15, 2018 23:09

Midnight Rambler snippet from the rehearsals: [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:16

TE
Better queue up around midnight... (LD that is)

TE
Oslo
lol, see you in London smiling smiley)))

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: May 15, 2018 23:33

Date: May 16, 2018 00:50

Useful infos for those going to this concert can be found here:

[business.facebook.com]

The Rolling Stones

17 May 2018

Croke Park, Dublin

On 17th May doors open at 5pm.

The support will be The Academic.

The Academic will be on stage at 7pm followed by The Rolling Stones.

Early queuing will not be permitted in the streets around Croke Park.

This is a residential area and we ask ticket holders to please respect the privacy of the residents and the local community.

We want everyone to have a great night in Croke Park with The Rolling Stones in a safe and friendly environment, help us and yourself by travelling light.

Please just bring your ticket, phone and some cash or card.

If you must bring a bag, it needs to be small, very small, no bigger than A5, just enough to carry some money/cards, phone and life’s essentials.

Bags over A5 size will not be permitted. Please do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary.

People without bags will be fast-tracked. If you must bring a bag it needs to be smaller than A5 (11.45cm x 15.25cm or 4.5 in x 6.0in) size - approximately the size of a small book. Bags under A5 size will be subject to a search which will result in unnecessary queueing.

Only cameras smaller than A5 will be admitted.

All patrons will be subject to a ‘pat-down’ search before being admitted to the venue.

There are left luggage facilities available throughout the city, these include:

- The Abbey Court Hostel, 29 Bachelor's Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin 24hrs
- Ned Kelly Sports club, 43 O' Connell Street Upper 24hrs
- Tipperary House, 7 Parkgate Street, Dublin, Ireland. (Opp. Heuston Train Station) 8am to 1am
- Excess Baggage Group Ltd, Car Park Atrium, Terminal 1, Dublin Airport 5am to 1am
Luggage is left at owners risk.

For more / up to date information go to The Rolling Stones FAQs on [www.aikenpromotions.com]

A limited number of tickets are available from Ticketmaster outlets Nationwide and [www.ticketmaster.ie] and some may be available at the box office on the day. Credit Card Bookings 0818 719 300 (ROI) / 0844 277 445 (NI) / 00353 818 903 001 (INTL)

Ticketmaster is the official ticket seller for this event. Please don’t fall victim to bogus tickets. Only purchase tickets from Ticketmaster / [www.ticketmaster.ie] which is the authorised seller of tickets for this event. Anyone presenting a bogus ticket will be refused entry to the concert.

This is an outdoor event please keep watch on the weather forecast and dress accordingly. Umbrellas will not be allowed inside the venue.
Under 16's must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian attending the event who will remain with them and take full responsibility for them throughout the duration of the concert. Under 14's are NOT allowed on the pitch either accompanied or unaccompanied. Anyone aged 14? 16 years with Pitch standing Tickets must be accompanied by an adult to gain access to the Pitch standing area.

There will be FREE TAG-A-CHILD safety wristbands which will be available at all the customer care points both outside and inside the venue.

Parents/guardians attending with young children are encouraged to avail of these white wristbands which have space for parents/guardians to write a contact number and seat number. The purpose of these wristbands is to help reuniting lost children with parent/guardian should your child become separated from you within the venue.

We strongly advise the use of public transport. Bus, Rail, DART and LUAS transport options can all bring you within 15 minutes’ walk of the stadium. Plan your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to Croke Park via the Croke Park Journey Planner [crokepark.ie] Bear in mind that the extension of the LUAS Green Line from the South of the City to O’Connell Street and Parnell Street is very close to Croke Park.

An Garda Siochana have devised a traffic management plan for this concert. For full details please check the following website:

[www.garda.ie]

Please use city centre car parks: details of which can be found on the parking and taxis section of [www.dublintown.ie]

For further information on public transport, please visit: [www.dublinbus.ie], [www.luas.ie], [www.irishrail.ie]

Please check the following websites for all the latest event details:
[www.aikenpromotions.com]
[www.ticketmaster.ie]
[www.crokepark.ie]
[www.garda.ie]

[business.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 00:51 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 16, 2018 03:42

Keep an eye out for Jack Nicholson in or near the pit.
At least that's where he was when I was near him at a MSG show circa 2002 cool smiley
Gotta love Jack, like the "boys" he just keeps on rockin'...

PAINT IT, JACK Hollywood legend and Rolling Stones superfan Jack Nicholson expected to watch Mick Jagger and pals play Dublin’s Croke Park
The 81-year-old Hollywood A-lister, who‘s best pals with Mick Jagger, 74, is a major fan of the veteran band.
[www.thesun.ie]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 16, 2018 03:55

MisterDDDD
Keep an eye out for Jack Nicholson in or near the pit.
At least that's where he was when I was near him at a MSG show circa 2002 cool smiley
Gotta love Jack, like the "boys" he just keeps on rockin'...

PAINT IT, JACK Hollywood legend and Rolling Stones superfan Jack Nicholson expected to watch Mick Jagger and pals play Dublin’s Croke Park
The 81-year-old Hollywood A-lister, who‘s best pals with Mick Jagger, 74, is a major fan of the veteran band.
[www.thesun.ie]

I seriously doubt an 81 year old Jack Nicholson will be in the pit. Last I heard a couple years ago he was ill. He has been out of sight for a while now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839Next
Current Page: 37 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home