Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 12, 2018 07:16

"Gearing up for Dublin!"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 12, 2018 07:25

Cristiano Radtke
"Gearing up for Dublin!"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 12, 2018 13:24

Happy days ! My collector ticket finally arrived this morning !! Posted from Manchester to my UK address !

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 12, 2018 13:33

BluzDude
TornFrayedSue
Any Lucky Dippers have yet received details on where to collect tickets and when?

I wouldn't worry if you don't hear from them....on the original confirmation order, in small print is says pick up tickets at box office.

Anyone familiar with the area could indicate where to find the box office?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 12, 2018 13:37

I still got a spare Luck Dip Ticket for Dublin => [iorr.org]

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 12, 2018 14:01

TornFrayedSue
BluzDude
TornFrayedSue
Any Lucky Dippers have yet received details on where to collect tickets and when?

I wouldn't worry if you don't hear from them....on the original confirmation order, in small print is says pick up tickets at box office.

It says "The Ticketmaster Box Office is located opposite Gill's Pub on the junction of the North Circular Road and Russell St.".
Find it hard to believe that Lucky Dips will be handed out there, away from the stadium.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 12, 2018 14:06

TE
TornFrayedSue
BluzDude
TornFrayedSue

It says "The Ticketmaster Box Office is located opposite Gill's Pub on the junction of the North Circular Road and Russell St.".
Find it hard to believe that Lucky Dips will be handed out there, away from the stadium.

TE
Oslo

That is exactly the info I found, but could not imagine you would pick up LDs there.....

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 12, 2018 15:00

Any information given by Aiken about the security checks and what's allowed to bring into the venue and what's not?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 12, 2018 15:20

MAF

Any information given by Aiken about the security checks and what's allowed to bring into the venue and what's not?

If you look at [CrokePark.ie] - (Health & Safety) it says: "Oops! Page not found...". And their Concert-FAQ is from the year 2017 .... eye rolling smiley

Date: May 12, 2018 16:05

Please see the "ROLLING STONES FAQ'S" for security advices:

[www.AikenPromotions.com]

Small excerpt:

"Q: CAN I BRING AN UMBRELLA?
A: No, umbrellas are not permitted in the stadium. In the event of adverse weather conditions, we would advise wearing a rain mac or disposable rain coat.

Q: IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAKE VIDEOS & PHOTOS AT THE SHOW?
A: Cameras in excess of 3mm lens, Cameras which cannot fit in A5 (11.45cm x 15.25cm or 4.5 in x 6.0in) size bag and video recorders WILL NOT be admitted. Laser pointers are strictly prohibited.

Q: CAN I BRING POSTERS/BANNERS TO THE CONCERT?
A: Flag poles or sticks for banners are not allowed. Only small banners of either A4 or A3 size will be permitted into the venue as anything larger can obstruct the views of other customers.

Q: WHAT CAN I BRING OR NOT BRING TO THE CONCERT?
A: Prohibited articles and items are as follows: any article that may be used as a weapon, any person deemed to be offensive or abusive or who may compromise public safety, will not be admitted and be reported to the Gardai. Professional cameras and recording devices (this applies to cameras that have detachable lenses), bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks, frisbees and similar items, dangerous or hazardous illegal substances, skateboards or other skates, flag poles, selfie sticks, flares, laser devices, prams/push chairs, inflatable and folding chairs, large suitcases/rucksacks, laptops illegal merchandise items, umbrellas, hampers and cold boxes, airhorns, alcohol, drinks, food and animals (except service dogs and guide dogs).

Q. WHAT SIZE BAG CAN I BRING TO THE CONCERT?
A: Please do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary. People without bags will be fast-tracked. If you must bring a bag it needs to be smaller than A5 (11.45cm x 15.25cm or 4.5 in x 6.0in) size – Yes, that small!. Bags under A5 (11.45cm x 15.25cm or 4.5in x 6.0in) size will be subject to a search which will result in unnecessary queueing.

This means no backpacks, brief cases, computer cases, camera bags. Cases or luggage of any kind will not be allowed beyond the outer cordon/ticket check. A further check will occur at all entry point to the venue.

Left luggage facilities are available throughout the city:
- The Abbey Court Hostel, 29 Bachelor's Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin 24hrs
- Ned Kelly Sports club, 43 O' Connell Street Upper 24hrs
- Tipperary House, 7 Parkgate Street, Dublin, Ireland. (Opp. Heuston Train Station) 8am to 1am
- Excess Baggage Group Ltd, Car Park Atrium, Terminal 1, Dublin Airport 5am to 1am

Q: WILL I BE SEARCHED BEFORE ENTRY TO CROKE PARK?
A: All patrons will be subject to a ‘pat-down’ search in as is permissible under the law before being admitted to the venue.

NOTE: There will be plenty security staff at the concert. The security staff are there for your protection, to direct and to help you. Please do not hesitate to ask them for help at any point throughout the event. We ask you to co-operate with the security staff as their job is to make the whole experience go as smoothly as possible for all The Rolling Stones fans."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-12 16:16 by Irix.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 12, 2018 16:25

My collector's ticket for Dublin arrived today!! Very excited!'

Date: May 12, 2018 18:29

Irix

Small excerpt:

A: Cameras in excess of 3mm lens, Cameras which cannot fit in A5 (11.45cm x 15.25cm or 4.5 in x 6.0in) size bag and video recorders WILL NOT be admitted. Laser pointers are strictly prohibited.

[/i]
3mm lens?

Date: May 12, 2018 19:25

MAF

3mm lens?

Maybe they refer to Smartphones and similar Camera devices (Tablets, iPod touch, etc) ....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 12, 2018 19:32

slewan

You know times are tough when you can't even sell a Lucky Dip!
Even though I'm not going, I almost want to buy it from you just to keep as a souvenir. winking smiley

Date: May 12, 2018 19:52

Hairball
slewan

Even though I'm not going, I almost want to buy it from you just to keep as a souvenir. winking smiley

I haven't even bothered trying to sell my spare... LOL
Got Gold as backup so only going for 'Pit with the Dip'

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 12, 2018 20:03

TE
Hairball
slewan

TE
Oslo

Willing to get it off you if it's pit smiling smiley
Got myself a GC too.
I thought too much of a price difference between pit and GC and when I bought GC pit was not yet available anyway...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 12, 2018 22:05

MAF
Irix

Small excerpt:

[/i]
3mm lens?

I’m sure any kind of a compact camera will be fine. If it can fit into an A5 bag and doesn’t have a detachable lens, you’ll be fine.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 12, 2018 23:12

Date: May 12, 2018 23:42

Adams
TE
Hairball
slewan

TE
Oslo

Got myself a GC too.
I thought too much of a price difference between pit and GC and when I bought GC pit was not yet available anyway...

smiling smiley
I'll try find someone else with a spare LD, try to double the chances.
Just have to wait for another one who maybe wants to buy it.
But I'll scream if I end up alone Thursday.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-13 00:32 by TE.

Date: May 12, 2018 23:52

grzegorz67
MAF
Irix

Small excerpt:

[/i]
3mm lens?

I’m sure any kind of a compact camera will be fine. If it can fit into an A5 bag and doesn’t have a detachable lens, you’ll be fine.
Yep, I will bring my compact camera which was okay for the shows in Vienna 2014 and last year in the Netherlands, Stockholm and Paris. No problem there.

Date: May 13, 2018 00:27

MAF
grzegorz67
MAF
Irix

Small excerpt:

[/i]
3mm lens?

Yep, I will bring my compact camera which was okay for the shows in Vienna 2014 and last year in the Netherlands, Stockholm and Paris. No problem there.

They weren’t allowed at any of last year’s German shows and in Barcelona they let them in on the day after I left mine at my hostel. I got my compact camera into the 3 Paris shows no problem at all. According to everything I’ve seen, No cameras are allowed in Prague and I’m going to that show. I imagine Berlin and Stuttgart won’t allow cameras as per last year’s German shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-13 00:29 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 13, 2018 00:37

TE
Adams
TE
Hairball
slewan

TE
Oslo

Got myself a GC too.

smiling smiley
I'll try find someone else with a spare LD, try to double the chances.
Just have to wait for another one wants wants to buy it.
But I'll scream if I end up alone Thursday.

TE
Oslo

Yeah, hooking up with someone who has a spare LD is a very good idea. I did that in Lucca however Lucca was not successful concerning pit entry. At least I could sell the ticket for what I paid for.It took me about 10 seconds on Facebook. The show was sold out and the guy was so happy he scored a ticket.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2018 02:28

TE
TornFrayedSue
BluzDude
TornFrayedSue

TE
Oslo

To be precise

Box Office Collection Accepted
The Ticketmaster Box Office is located opposite Gill's Pub on the junction of the North Circular Road and Russell St.

The North Circular Road is at the Canal End side of Croke Park. Please refer to the Ticketmaster Box Office Directions Map located with the Seating Chart Maps.

Two minute walk, going by google maps.

Which means that if you have spare lucky dips, you'll have a chance to offload them rather than be taken straight into the stadium.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 13, 2018 11:10

Gold circle available for £124 with fees included on Viagogo.

Date: May 13, 2018 12:11

weather forecast for 17th:
sunny, up to 13° during the day, 8°in the evening, no rain.

Date: May 13, 2018 12:37

Gazza
TE
TornFrayedSue
BluzDude
TornFrayedSue

TE
Oslo

To be precise

Box Office Collection Accepted
The Ticketmaster Box Office is located opposite Gill's Pub on the junction of the North Circular Road and Russell St.

The North Circular Road is at the Canal End side of Croke Park. Please refer to the Ticketmaster Box Office Directions Map located with the Seating Chart Maps.

Two minute walk, going by google maps.

Which means that if you have spare lucky dips, you'll have a chance to offload them rather than be taken straight into the stadium.

Yeah, just a strange way to do it.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 13, 2018 16:04

Long shot i know but any chance of a club show in Dublin? M

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 13, 2018 16:10

I don't think so.

Date: May 13, 2018 17:45

mikey C

Long shot i know but any chance of a club show in Dublin?

Probably not when they're rehearsing at Croke Park on Mon+Tue - [iorr.org] - and the Tour starts on Thursday ....

Date: May 13, 2018 17:49

flairville
Gold circle available for £124 with fees included on Viagogo.

And still. Prices are now dropping like a stone, especially in the upper seats. The only section holding firm is GA, where I’ll be. Surely they’ll let the first few arrivals for GA into GC with the latter selling so poorly?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home