Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: May 6, 2018 16:13

Prob pick up a tshirt and programme at the gig

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: May 6, 2018 17:50

hilary
On Ticketmaster there are 677 tickets pattern avlbl, per 8 tickets each pattern.
which makes 5416....so it seems that almost 74000 tickets have been sold...Is it possible?? eye popping smiley

It's possible.

It's also improbable.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: May 7, 2018 13:33

The R.S. plane is on their wat to Dublin !!!!!!!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 7, 2018 14:26

latcho
The R.S. plane is on their wat to Dublin !!!!!!!

Source? Link?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 7, 2018 14:35

actually they (or at least their plane) are now crossing France – heading for ???
see: [www.flightradar24.com]

Date: May 7, 2018 14:47

On the way to Zürich to check the bank account...

Date: May 8, 2018 17:58

only 9 days to go

Ticket still not here but hoping it will arrive by the end of this week

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: May 9, 2018 11:06

Gazza
RollingStonesFan
Gazza
RollingStonesFan
Because of business reasons, I have to take a very late connection from Stuttgart to Dublin. I know that this is very riskful because the plane is scheduled to land at DUB at about 19.15, just right before the show.

Google Maps says that a car (taxi) takes about 25 minutes to get from airport to stadium. There is also a public transport line 700, which drives every 15 minutes to Lr. Drumcondra Road, which takes also about 25 minutes.

Which possibility do you suggest? What about traffic-jams?

Very risky. Even without luggage it'll take you at least half an hour to walk through the terminal building (its a very long walk) and go through passport control/customs. Then you can expect a sizeable queue for a taxi. I doubt you'd be out of the airport terminal before 20.00

As its after rush hour and most people going to the gig will already be in the stadium, traffic mightn't be too bad but even if your plane is on time I wouldn't fancy your chances of getting to the gig before it starts.

Theres a strict 11 pm curfew on this show (from what I recall reading on the licence application) so I guess the Stones would be onstage around 8.30 pm or a bit after.

Thank you for your estimation. I know it's very risky but it's not possible to not trying it. Maybe it works, maybe I miss the most important part of the show concerning opener, variation of setlist etc.

Is the taxi rank right before the terminal?

Yes. There are two terminals. Theyre right outside

Good News: yesterday, my business-date got cancelled and I even got a cheap flight to Dublin one day berfore show-day! So no worries anymore smiling smiley

Date: May 9, 2018 13:21

From looking at Crokepark on Instagram there's seems to be a lot of work going on stage side atm

Damn ticket is still not here

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 14:04

Healy52003
From looking at Crokepark on Instagram there's seems to be a lot of work going on stage side atm

I would expect early prep for the show to have started by now. It had in Hamburg last year. Don't forget there will be 2 lots of rehearsals there so stage will be up for much longer than later shows.

Date: May 9, 2018 14:27

grzegorz67
Healy52003

I would expect early prep for the show to have started by now. It had in Hamburg last year. Don't forget there will be 2 lots of rehearsals there so stage will be up for much longer than later shows.

oh it has...

[www.irishmirror.ie]

Date: May 9, 2018 18:23

ooooh - on the tickets page there's a section called 'Attend' for 70 quid...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 9, 2018 18:23

grzegorz67
Healy52003

I would expect early prep for the show to have started by now. It had in Hamburg last year. Don't forget there will be 2 lots of rehearsals there so stage will be up for much longer than later shows.[/quote

grzegorz67, can you tell me about the details on these 2 rehearsals. I haven't been paying attention to this thread until I decided I could go on tour after all, so I have some catching up to do. Thanks for any info u can provide.

plexi

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 9, 2018 18:24

Today is the first day of Stage Building.

Date: May 9, 2018 18:43

This email went out today...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 19:15

[/quote]

timbernardis
grzegorz67
Healy52003

I would expect early prep for the show to have started by now. It had in Hamburg last year. Don't forget there will be 2 lots of rehearsals there so stage will be up for much longer than later shows

grzegorz67, can you tell me about the details on these 2 rehearsals. I haven't been paying attention to this thread until I decided I could go on tour after all, so I have some catching up to do. Thanks for any info u can provide.

plexi

They usually have 1 set of rehearsals 2 days before the show and a full day of rest before the show itself so Tuesday 15th is likely. Can't comment on anything prior though. I was at both Oslo on 14OF & Hamburg last year and final venue rehearsals were 2 days before show day for both, and at the venue itself so served as a soundcheck. It tends to be late afternoon/early evening too. In Oslo we got a full show with what turned out to be the setlist. In Hamburg we got 9 songs, including all the 'deep cuts' they did at the actual show. Hamburg rehearsals were great fun, with pockets of fans all around the perimeter of the park. I won't be repeating that this time though as I'm arriving at 10pm the night before the show itself. I'm doing the whole UK tour and I'm already very short of leave!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-09 19:32 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 9, 2018 19:32

textmonkey
ooooh - on the tickets page there's a section called 'Attend' for 70 quid...

I contacted TM and they answered these are for people in wheelchairs. Not that I trust TM...

Date: May 9, 2018 19:41

timbernardis
grzegorz67
Healy52003

I would expect early prep for the show to have started by now. It had in Hamburg last year. Don't forget there will be 2 lots of rehearsals there so stage will be up for much longer than later shows.[/quote

plexi

all the information you want (and much more) is to be found here:
[www.dublincity.ie]
filed under: OEL 0011-2018

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 9, 2018 20:05

slewan

[www.dublincity.ie]

You're not kidding! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"During the concert, performers will be advised to avoid any action which may over excite the audience or endanger public safety. The performers will be advised accordingly."

Date: May 9, 2018 20:14

Kurt
slewan

[www.dublincity.ie]

You're not kidding! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"During the concert, performers will be advised to avoid any action which may over excite the audience or endanger public safety. The performers will be advised accordingly."

I guess we are all glad to know thatgrinning smiley

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 10, 2018 15:13

One week to go!!!!!! any meet up's planned? or anything else? arriving the day before...Already packed...M

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 10, 2018 15:21

Dublin 2018 A4 No Filter Poster.
A4 Poster on HP A4 Everyday Photo Paper Glossy.

Date: May 10, 2018 16:59

The poster: What's the special reference to Dublin?

Date: May 10, 2018 17:03

1 week to go hardly believe it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Still waiting on my ticket, if it doesnt come Monday than ill email them ??. Already didnt recieve a ticket for an event 2morrow night and they had to send me an E ticket. Ordered plenty of tickets off TM in the past and they all arrived very unlike them ??

train leaving Waterford at 11am next thursday and should arrive in Dublin for 13.30. food and pints on the way to Croker for me. The Living Room pub is a great spot

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 10, 2018 17:50

Healy52003
1 week to go hardly believe it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Still waiting on my ticket, if it doesnt come Monday than ill email them ??. Already didnt recieve a ticket for an event 2morrow night and they had to send me an E ticket. Ordered plenty of tickets off TM in the past and they all arrived very unlike them ??

train leaving Waterford at 11am next thursday and should arrive in Dublin for 13.30. food and pints on the way to Croker for me. The Living Room pub is a great spot
Still waiting on my collector ticket. Rang them today and was told they were sent out in 2 batches, last Friday and Tuesday this week. I'm in the UK, my cousin in Dublin received his "normal" tickets 5 or 6 weeks ago. Ridiculous. My collector tickets for Berlin arrived 3 days after purchase in the presale.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 10, 2018 17:51

mikey C
One week to go!!!!!! any meet up's planned? or anything else? arriving the day before...Already packed...M

I second this request. Anything planned for the day of the gig?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 10, 2018 17:57

Gazza
mikey C

I second this request. Anything planned for the day of the gig?

Well, what's the best pub in Dublin where we can all walk (or stagger) over to Croke Part after putting away a few pints?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 10, 2018 18:08

Date: May 10, 2018 19:03

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

AFAIK that pic is from section 334/333 of the hogan stand

im in 333 Row X and better have an amazing view cause i pad €197 for the ticket. I was in that section last year for u2 and had a good view but im too the right a good bit for the stones than i was for that show

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 10, 2018 21:17

Things are starting to get exciting. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home