Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 7, 2018 14:13

Plenty of Pit B tickets still available. Too pricey for me and I don't like seeing half the stage half of the time. Best pit was the 2007 tour "semicircular" pit imo which we had for the O2 shows. Could see all of the band all of the time. Been in the divided pit a few times since and ended up moving further back so that I could see better. If you've never been in the pit before though, it's great to be that close, but now I prefer GC, which I think is way better value. Personal choice of course.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 7, 2018 15:19

Pit A now available on Ticketmaster for 456 euros.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 7, 2018 15:28

ChrisL

Back to Pit B, for some reason.

Date: April 7, 2018 17:57

ChrisL
ChrisL

Back to Pit B, for some reason.
Probably because Matt has got all of the pit tickets on Ronnie's side !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: April 8, 2018 14:33

Pit A available again now.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: April 9, 2018 17:07

Pit A still available ... just had 5 in my basket, but let them go winking smiley

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: April 10, 2018 14:18

My Gold Circle tickets arrived in the post from TM this morning.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 10, 2018 17:29

oxegen
My Gold Circle tickets arrived in the post from TM this morning.

I can’t believe how close it is (soundcheck reports!)

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: April 11, 2018 16:05

Finally got my Pit B ticket last friday and now looking forward to the open night!
And it was very easy to sell my insurance GA ticket with ViaGoGo.

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: April 11, 2018 22:24

I have one (even 3 if I count my friends) GC ticket for sale, face value. Eticket. PM me!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 12, 2018 14:01

5 week's to go....still waiting on my ticket...via e-mail

Date: April 12, 2018 14:22

They don't send you an e-mail....So, check your Ticketmaster.ie account and your ticket should be there just got mine...Off to print it out!!!!!!!!!! looking forward....arriving the day before both my accommodation's are 15/20 minute walk to Croke Park...Think it's close to The Miner's Pub which I missed last time around will look that up....M

Date: April 12, 2018 14:41

Got my Miner's and Gravedigger's mixed up....John Kavanagh Pub known as ''The Gravedigger's'' 6 generations Family owned very nice...Next to The Glasnevim Cemetery make's sense...20 minute walk to Croke Park...Est 1833....It get's very good review's...Will check this one out show day early afternoon...

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 15:28

Murray's and the living room located at the top of O Connell Street are good spots and about 15 min walk from Croke Park. Few other notable match pubs around CP include the big tree,gills and Quinn's (by God these places could be busy but it's a Thursday so might not be bad)

Getting 11am train from Waterford and should be in Dublin for 13.30pm. Have a lift back home thankfully

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-12 15:30 by Healy52003.

Date: April 12, 2018 16:06

All printed on Green paper look's very cool I must say....

Date: April 12, 2018 21:59

Still waiting on my ticket

Not worrying yet still 5 weeks away (exactly this time)

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 13, 2018 01:25

mikey C
Got my Miner's and Gravedigger's mixed up....John Kavanagh Pub known as ''The Gravedigger's'' 6 generations Family owned very nice...Next to The Glasnevim Cemetery make's sense...20 minute walk to Croke Park...Est 1833....It get's very good review's...Will check this one out show day early afternoon...

It's a lovely pub. Good choice.

Date: April 13, 2018 03:08

Might take a visit to the cemetery myself. Suppose to be an amazing place with an obvious tremendous history

There's a doc out there called 'one million Dubliners' and it's gives the history of the place and has a pretty shocking twist

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: April 17, 2018 19:02

ONE MONTH TO DUBLIN!!!

Date: April 17, 2018 19:03

hilary
ONE MONTH TO DUBLIN!!!

yeah cant wait

Really need to announce the support act

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 17, 2018 19:20

Healy52003
hilary

ONE MONTH TO DUBLIN!!!

yeah cant wait

smileys with beer

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 17, 2018 21:52

Arriving the morning of the 16th....The plan is to do the Guinness tour then the Jameson tour (or maybe the other way around). Jet lag never seems to affect me until I arrive back home.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: April 18, 2018 09:54

Pit B and Gold available for Dublin since last night, still there smiling smiley

Date: April 18, 2018 12:10

TornFrayedSue
Pit B and Gold available for Dublin since last night, still there smiling smiley

There's a lot still available...

Date: April 18, 2018 15:32

damn Tears for Fears cancelled there Dublin gig on the 2nd may so Stones will be my first concert of the summer

Please stones dont get sick or anything

Date: April 19, 2018 14:30

Date: April 19, 2018 16:42

EXTRA SEATS ADDED....(to a gig not sold out...)

[blog.ticketmaster.ie]

I'm not sure if hubris is the right word but...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 19, 2018 18:12

'Rolling Stones always wanted to kick off tour in Ireland and Croke Park will be longest set,' says production manager
Limited extra seating and standing tickets on sale Monday

Sean O'Grady
April 19 2018 2:00 PM

The Rolling Stones' production manager Dale Skjerseth has told how the legendary rockers always wanted Ireland to be the place they kick off the 2018 leg of their Stones - No Filter tour.
The iconic band will perform in Croke Park on May 17, their first performance on Irish soil since they took to the stage at Slane Castle in 2007 in front of more than 68,000 fans.
"They've always wanted to kick off here, they felt good about it and this is where they have picked. It's been a little while since they have been here," said Mr Skjerseth.

"We start rehearsals next week and we are getting ready. It's a big show, we have 25 production trucks and we're around two hundred people touring with the entourage. All the excitement is around the beginning, especially the guys."
Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts will start rehearsals for the show soon and are still yet to decide on what the final set will be.

"They're getting ready. They're working out and doing their routines. Band rehearsals go on for two weeks where they will play for a good four or five hours and play many different songs.

"They don't have a permanent set yet. There are always the favourites and then they will add in. They keep themselves fit," said Mr Skjerseth.

Mr Skjerseth, who has worked with The Rolling Stones since 1994 and has also worked with Guns n' Roses and Black Sabbath, said their Dublin show could likely be their longest set of the tour.
"I haven't gotten length yet. It will be their longest set because they will try out different things. We figure two hours to two and a half hours," he told independent.ie.

"For the respect of how long they have toured, they've been doing it for so long and so well. It's their art, it's their craft. They have perfected it for so many years and so many have tried to follow it, but not a lot can. Everything is perfect.
"They bring all that history [to the stage]. The energy they put out at their age, some people can't put out at half their age."

A limited number of extra seated and standing tickets will go on sale on Monday April 23 at 9am from ticketmaster.ie.

[www.independent.ie]

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: April 20, 2018 09:36

BluzDude
Arriving the morning of the 16th....The plan is to do the Guinness tour then the Jameson tour (or maybe the other way around). Jet lag never seems to affect me until I arrive back home.

If I can make one suggestion...the Jameson tour is only a museum not an actually functioning distillery. You still get the samples at the end but there’s a place called Teelings, which is the only distillery operating in Dublin city so a little more authentic than the Jameson tour.

And the whiskey is pretty good too!

Date: April 20, 2018 15:34

still waiting on my collector ticket to arrive

'Dispatch Status
Your tickets haven’t been dispatched just yet'…

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home