Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 27, 2018 20:58

My tickets were charged today, so it seems everything went through just right. I am relieved smiling smiley

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 27, 2018 21:04

TornFrayedSue
My tickets were charged today, so it seems everything went through just right. I am relieved smiling smiley

Me too, along with a foreign transaction fee....I think I need to change credit cardsgrinning smiley

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 27, 2018 21:46

BluzDude
TornFrayedSue

Me too, along with a foreign transaction fee....I think I need to change credit cardsgrinning smiley

sorry, for your fee sad smiley I am lucky that Ireland has euros smiling smiley

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2018 23:25

Parisrambler
Anyone got this Mail? Spam?

Dear Customer
Your attempted booking for the Lucky Dip tickets for The Rolling Stones rejected at the payment stage. Can you please confirm if still need the tickets or can we can cancel them?
Kind regards,

Ticketmaster

It came with Email 'important notice'

Its not spam. It will probably be followed up by a phone call.

Uncharacteristically good customer service by Ticketmaster. We really are living in the end times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-27 23:27 by Gazza.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 30, 2018 00:52

For anyone interested, GA is available again - €77.30 all in for an e-ticket. Cheapest GA of the tour and comparatively very good value.

The front of GA will be a very good spot for this show if the floor plan’s accurate and that’s where I plan to be.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 31, 2018 12:01

Morning Everyone...Anyone get there ticket via E-Mail Yet?....M

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: March 31, 2018 12:07

Two days ago I was able to add 50 pit tickets to my basket. Today I cannot get more than 20. I’m not sure how reliable this method is for testing the remainder of available tickets but it seems they are selling out any day now. I was waiting for pit to come available under the 500 Euro mark, but that seem unlikely now.

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: April 2, 2018 12:07

Today I can add to basket 50 tickets without any problem.
But I don't have enough money, so still waiting for the PIT at face value. Maybe it will be availible befor week to the show or so.. I can remember somethong similar at Barcelona last year.

Date: April 3, 2018 04:02

Dublin Sold Out?.....M

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 3, 2018 04:41

I just saw that "suddenly" there are no more tix to be sold for Dublin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 04:41 by StonesSoCal.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 3, 2018 05:38

I just added 8 Gold Circle tix to my basket. The cleaning lady at TM must have accidentally unplugged something earlier.

Date: April 3, 2018 06:43

DeanGoodman
I just added 8 Gold Circle tix to my basket. The cleaning lady at TM must have accidentally unplugged something earlier.

smileys with beer

Date: April 3, 2018 17:02

mikey C

Still can't download my GA e-ticket..

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 3, 2018 17:55

longvehicle
mikey C

Still can't download my GA e-ticket..
The same here. Still waiting for another mail for the download...

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: April 3, 2018 23:28

hi
do you have any information about the pit ticket for dublin cause i'm still waiting for ...
many thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: April 3, 2018 23:46

StonesSoCal

Gig called off due to low ticket sales smiling smiley

Prob just working on tech issues at TM

Date: April 3, 2018 23:54

Healy52003
StonesSoCal

Just checked -- plenty (face value) tickets available for Dublin

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: April 5, 2018 08:18

Because of business reasons, I have to take a very late connection from Stuttgart to Dublin. I know that this is very riskful because the plane is scheduled to land at DUB at about 19.15, just right before the show.

Google Maps says that a car (taxi) takes about 25 minutes to get from airport to stadium. There is also a public transport line 700, which drives every 15 minutes to Lr. Drumcondra Road, which takes also about 25 minutes.

Which possibility do you suggest? What about traffic-jams?

Date: April 5, 2018 12:55

RollingStonesFan
Because of business reasons, I have to take a very late connection from Stuttgart to Dublin. I know that this is very riskful because the plane is scheduled to land at DUB at about 19.15, just right before the show.

Google Maps says that a car (taxi) takes about 25 minutes to get from airport to stadium. There is also a public transport line 700, which drives every 15 minutes to Lr. Drumcondra Road, which takes also about 25 minutes.

Very risky. Even without luggage it'll take you at least half an hour to walk through the terminal building (its a very long walk) and go through passport control/customs. Then you can expect a sizeable queue for a taxi. I doubt you'd be out of the airport terminal before 20.00

As its after rush hour and most people going to the gig will already be in the stadium, traffic mightn't be too bad but even if your plane is on time I wouldn't fancy your chances of getting to the gig before it starts.

Theres a strict 11 pm curfew on this show (from what I recall reading on the licence application) so I guess the Stones would be onstage around 8.30 pm or a bit after.

Date: April 5, 2018 12:56

Healy52003
StonesSoCal

That's what happened in 1990. Don't tempt fate!! grinning smiley

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 5, 2018 13:51

Or, there could be very few tickets left. When GNR played Slane Castle last year, the tickets were gone in about 2 months. I had to buy mine from someone who, at the last minute, couldn't attend the concert.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 5, 2018 14:20

Countdown to Tour-start:

Only 6 weeks from now (Thu, 5-Apr-2018) until the first Concert on Thu, 17-May-2018 .... smileys with beer

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: April 5, 2018 14:35

Gazza
RollingStonesFan

Very risky. Even without luggage it'll take you at least half an hour to walk through the terminal building (its a very long walk) and go through passport control/customs. Then you can expect a sizeable queue for a taxi. I doubt you'd be out of the airport terminal before 20.00

As its after rush hour and most people going to the gig will already be in the stadium, traffic mightn't be too bad but even if your plane is on time I wouldn't fancy your chances of getting to the gig before it starts.

Theres a strict 11 pm curfew on this show (from what I recall reading on the licence application) so I guess the Stones would be onstage around 8.30 pm or a bit after.

Thank you for your estimation. I know it's very risky but it's not possible to not trying it. Maybe it works, maybe I miss the most important part of the show concerning opener, variation of setlist etc.

Is the taxi rank right before the terminal?

Date: April 5, 2018 14:35

What about Sir Van the Man Morrison....As the opener? That would give it a nice Irish touch...80,000 people singing"Brown eyed Girl"....Would make for a very memorable night...Just a thought....M

Date: April 5, 2018 15:08

RollingStonesFan
Gazza
RollingStonesFan

Thank you for your estimation. I know it's very risky but it's not possible to not trying it. Maybe it works, maybe I miss the most important part of the show concerning opener, variation of setlist etc.

Yes. There are two terminals. Theyre right outside

Date: April 5, 2018 15:13

glmmr_twn
Or, there could be very few tickets left. When GNR played Slane Castle last year, the tickets were gone in about 2 months. I had to buy mine from someone who, at the last minute, couldn't attend the concert.

world of difference between a GA show at (presumably) normal prices and a gig where youre expected to pay about £150 for a nosebleed sideview of a video screen from about 120-150 yards away

there'll be no problem getting tickets for this show regardless of what spin the Stones, Aikens or TM put on it.

Date: April 5, 2018 16:42

Gold for Pit price.
How do you like it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-05 16:43 by longvehicle.

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: April 5, 2018 16:53

If Yyou put it in the basket, normal price of 180 appears. It's some error I suppose, but my heart started beating harder when I first saw itwinking smiley

Date: April 5, 2018 17:01

pospi
If Yyou put it in the basket, normal price of 180 appears. It's some error I suppose, but my heart started beating harder when I first saw itwinking smiley

Me too!
I think they need something to test before Pit tickets will be availible smiling smiley
Also Pit ticket availible today for Berlin and Stuttgart, this is a good sign! Still hoping!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 5, 2018 22:08

Gazza
RollingStonesFan
Gazza
RollingStonesFan

Yes. There are two terminals. Theyre right outside

Im not sure how close to Croke Park the taxi will be able to get you, they close off a lot of roads round the area for the gig. As Gazza mentioned, it will be likely 8pm before you get out of the terminal. Godspeed my good man.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home