Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: March 16, 2018 20:44

glmmr_twn
On? Still says ‘Subject to Licence’ Stones at Croke

I'm still skeptical. Can't believe so few people retweeted/liked the tweet.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 17, 2018 10:42

Good morning Ireland!

Happy St Patrick's Day!

smileys with beer

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 17, 2018 10:54

Will they eventually sell the tickets without confirmation of the license?

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 17, 2018 12:09

For Garth Brooks they did, but doubtful Aiken Promotions would want to make that mistake again.

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: March 17, 2018 13:54

TornFrayedSue

Tickets are due to go on general sale on Friday, 23 March. I expect the sale will go ahead even if the licence is not in place.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 17, 2018 16:12

TICKET ON SALE DATES

MARCH 15TH SOUTHAMPTON, COVENTRY
MARCH 16TH MARSEILLE
MARCH 23RD DUBLIN
ALL OTHER DATES ON SALE NOW

[therollingstonesshop.com]
((DISTRESSED IRISH TONGUE GREEN T-SHIRT in stock))
^^^^^from official RS website

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2018 17:25

TornFrayedSue

Looks like there's at least no Fan-Presale on Monday morning, 19-Mar-2018, since there's no eMail from Universal Music yet ....

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 18, 2018 19:27

Irix
TornFrayedSue

Looks like there's at least no Fan-Presale on Monday morning, 19-Mar-2018, since there's no eMail from Universal Music yet ....
And of course it's a public holiday in Ireland tomorrow, so I expect Tuesday (earliest).

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 18, 2018 20:00

chriseganstar

And of course it's a public holiday in Ireland tomorrow, so I expect Tuesday (earliest).

It's still St. Patrick's Day - "If 17 March falls on a weekend, the following Monday will be a holiday".

Didn't know that before .... thanks for clarifying.

Date: March 18, 2018 20:29

Irix
TornFrayedSue

Which source announced a fan presale for Monday?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 01:16 by MAF.

Date: March 18, 2018 20:36

MAF

Which source announced a fan presale für Monday?

None.

It was only a guess due to the Marseille Fan-Presale on Monday, 12-Mar-2018 ....

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 18, 2018 20:39

MAF
Irix
TornFrayedSue

I did not see anything. I think it's just based on Marseilles patern. The thing is that as long as they don't have a license I'm not buying a ticket not to mention flights. This Aiken company does not seem reliable

Date: March 19, 2018 02:13

Adams
MAF
Irix
TornFrayedSue

I did not see anything. I think it's just based on Marseilles patern. The thing is that as long as they don't have a license I'm not buying a ticket not to mention flights. This Aiken company does not seem reliable

Aiken Promotions are a very reputable company and have been running concerts in Ireland for many years. The decision to grant the licence rests solely with Dublin City Council. It’s not unusual to advertise and sell tickets for concerts in Ireland without the prior approval of the local council. The difficulty here is that Croke Park has prior approval for three events a yeat. Three concerts are already booked (June - Taylor Swift x 2 and July - Michael Bublé x 1), Aiken Promotions have applied for a licence for the proposed concert on 17 May. Dublin City Council has yet to make a decision on whether to grant the licence. If the council’s decision is not finalized before this Friday, I expect that the sale of tickets will still go ahead as planned. There is no mention of a pre-sale on Ticketmaster as yet.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 19, 2018 07:53

oxegen
Adams
MAF
Irix
TornFrayedSue

Aiken Promotions are a very reputable company and have been running concerts in Ireland for many years. The decision to grant the licence rests solely with Dublin City Council. It’s not unusual to advertise and sell tickets for concerts in Ireland without the prior approval of the local council. The difficulty here is that Croke Park has prior approval for three events a yeat. Three concerts are already booked (June - Taylor Swift x 2 and July - Michael Bublé x 1), Aiken Promotions have applied for a licence for the proposed concert on 17 May. Dublin City Council has yet to make a decision on whether to grant the licence. If the council’s decision is not finalized before this Friday, I expect that the sale of tickets will still go ahead as planned. There is no mention of a pre-sale on Ticketmaster as yet.

I know the situation and I'm basing my opinion on Garth Brooks situation. To me selling tickets before getting the license is not normal at all. Good if they get one but at the moment it's a gamble.

Date: March 19, 2018 08:29

Would think they don't want any more administrative costs than is necessary. They'd have to refund everyone's tickets if the show is not a go. Perhaps put the money on an overnight account somewhere first tho? winking smiley

Date: March 19, 2018 11:06

On rst.com still listed: "Fan pre-sale coming soon"

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 19, 2018 13:19

this is getting ridiculous at this stage

Date: March 19, 2018 13:29

Dubliners are either snowed out or too hung over to make decisions at this time.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 19, 2018 13:30

Topi
Dubliners are either snowed out or too hung over to make decisions at this time.

it's a bank holiday today in Ireland

pre sale could be Weds I'd say

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 19, 2018 13:30

On May 17, in Dublin, the Rolling Stones will resume the No Filter European Tour which they started last September in Hamburg. With them, a host of Jeep vehicles will tour six countries in three months.
[www.autoevolution.com]

Date: March 19, 2018 13:40

I know about the bank Holiday, hence the mention of hangover winking smiley

I'm a believer...so, announcement Tuesday, presales Wednesday/Thursday, general sale Friday?

Date: March 19, 2018 14:00

Adams
oxegen
Adams
MAF
Irix
TornFrayedSue

I know the situation and I'm basing my opinion on Garth Brooks situation. To me selling tickets before getting the license is not normal at all. Good if they get one but at the moment it's a gamble.

I am just summarizing the position for everyone’s information. GB looked for five consecutive nights, so the situation with The Stones is very different. However, there is no guarantee that the council will make a decision before this Friday.

Date: March 19, 2018 14:25

Were the Stones already displayed on Croke Park's website or is this new?

[CrokePark.ie]

Edit: it must have been already there for a while since Coventry and Southampton are missing in the list.

Nevertheless a Stones-related article (19-Mar-2018) in the [www.Independent.ie] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 14:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 19, 2018 14:35

Irix
Were the Stones already displayed on Croke Park's website or is this new?

[CrokePark.ie]

Edit: it must already be there a while since Coventry and Southampton are missing in the list.

Still subject to licence on the stadiums page...
My guess is the show will be on.
It's a shame for a city like Dublin not to be able to give an answer over 4 weeks after the application was submitted... The later they give their answer the harder it will be to say no

Date: March 19, 2018 14:45

Doc

The later they give their answer the harder it will be to say no

Maybe that's what they're speculating on .... winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 19, 2018 15:18

Doc
It's a shame for a city like Dublin not to be able to give an answer over 4 weeks after the application was submitted...

it's called democrazy

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 20, 2018 11:19

Ticketmaster.ie lists March 23 as sale start... [m.ticketmaster.ie]

Wonder if there will be a presale and how much NFP will be...

Date: March 20, 2018 11:29

NFP will be the max price in the price range, no?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 20, 2018 11:36

slewan
Doc
It's a shame for a city like Dublin not to be able to give an answer over 4 weeks after the application was submitted...

it's called democrazy

It's a city/ community; nót a company.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 20, 2018 11:44

Topi
NFP will be the max price in the price range, no?

Did you yet find a price range for Dublin?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home