Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 20:27

Im going to have a few drinks anyway on Sat (paddys day) but if they announce the licene has been granted the day before than i have to drink more lol

us Irish going over to collect our 6 Nations in Twic Stadium, come on England dont disapoint us and let us win, ye have the stones to make ye happy in the stadium later in the year lol

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: March 14, 2018 20:56

This Link was already sent out via eMail by The Rolling Stones (Universal Music) on 1-Mar-2018: [iorr.org] .

That's right Irix but it was with the Marseille and Prague link, this is a new one with only Dublin. Even if Dublin is the only show waiting for pre-sale for me it's a very good news, THE SHOW MUST GO ON !

françois

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 15, 2018 00:32

Healy52003
Im going to have a few drinks anyway on Sat (paddys day) but if they announce the licene has been granted the day before than i have to drink more lol

smileys with beer

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 20:12

According this article in the Sun The show is definitively going on and the residents did not win the argument.

[www.thesun.ie]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 20:24 by Promoman2.

Date: March 15, 2018 21:03

Promoman2
According this article in the Sun The show is definitively going on and the residents did not win the argument.

[www.thesun.ie]

Hopefully there right but it's the sun who are known for there bull shit and getting into wrong

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 15, 2018 21:27

Healy52003
Promoman2

[www.thesun.ie]

Hopefully there right but it's the sun who are known for there bull shit and getting into wrong
If it's true:
Regular sale Friday March 23rd, 9 am.
Presale: ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 15, 2018 21:39

Healy52003
Promoman2

[www.thesun.ie]

And very often they get it right due to good inside info. They wouldnt be sticking their neck out with an article in this amount of detail if they werent pretty sure about it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 15, 2018 21:50

MAF

Presale: ?

Will be announced via eMail by The Rolling Stones (Universal Music): [iorr.org] .

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 15, 2018 22:16

Gazza
Healy52003
Promoman2

[www.thesun.ie]

And very often they get it right due to good inside info. They wouldnt be sticking their neck out with an article in this amount of detail if they werent pretty sure about it.

It seems the paper got spoon-fed the press release from the Stones camp, so it's probably a safe bet at this point

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 15, 2018 22:18

Gazza
Healy52003
Promoman2

[www.thesun.ie]

I do not really trust the yellow press, but really hope it is true... as sometimes they do have good inside connections, but will not really believe until it is an official confirmation....

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: March 15, 2018 22:21

Exactly.

It's one thing to speculate on a tour stop that might swing by Dublin. Calling a license application isn't the kind of thing you speculate on. Nobody wants *that* egg on face

Date: March 15, 2018 23:30

Still, it might hint that we are up for an official statement by tomorrow, at least I hope so, as the whole issue is wrecking my nerves.
Was tempted today to buy Ld for Southampton as alternative, but no luck due to log in issues and timing....

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 15, 2018 23:35

whatever they're doing – I just reserved a bed at Dublin youth hostel…
But I'm still waiting with flight booking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 23:36 by slewan.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 15, 2018 23:42

I went to create an account at Ticketmaster Ireland. When I filled everything out, it said I have an account at Ticketmaster UK, which I do. It wouldn't let make a separate account for Ireland. Are they operating together?

Date: March 16, 2018 00:27

some noticeable things from the sun article

'All going to plan, the gig at Croke Park on May 17 will be the Stones’ fifth time to play in Ireland'

they seem to be retracting themselves a bit near the end. The article is just speculating cause the ticket sale date is the 23rd March ??

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2018 00:49

BluzDude
I went to create an account at Ticketmaster Ireland. When I filled everything out, it said I have an account at Ticketmaster UK, which I do. It wouldn't let make a separate account for Ireland. Are they operating together?

Yes. If you have a UK Account, that will be fine. If your try logging in to the .ie site with your .uk login, it will let you in. I tested it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 16, 2018 01:23

BluzDude

Yes. I regularly use both sites and my account with one works with the other.

Its pretty much the same company. For example, theres a weird anomaly in that Ticketmaster Ireland handle tickets for shows in NI even though we're UK.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 16, 2018 02:05

See you all there.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 16, 2018 02:23

this time 9 weeks it will be all over after a great night of rock n roll

hoping I will pick up tickets in the presale so I don't have to worry about getting a good ticket in the general sale

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: March 16, 2018 02:39

Gazza
BluzDude

Yes. I regularly use both sites and my account with one works with the other.

Its pretty much the same company. For example, theres a weird anomaly in that Ticketmaster Ireland handle tickets for shows in NI even though we're UK.

I use both sites quite regularly as well. Just be careful when going through the booking process to indicate that you are in the UK. From memory, the header on one of the pages will automatically default to “Republic of Ireland”. You will need to change it. If I make a booking for a show in Belfast, I have to change the header to the “Republic of Ireland”. Be patient when going through the booking process in case you miss it.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 16, 2018 08:37

Interview with Ronnie: [www.thetimes.co.uk]

Date: March 16, 2018 10:01

Actually, still no official confirmation. The Times and the rs.com page still mentions "subject to license" ....

Sue in Spain

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 16, 2018 10:08

And here I am waiting with ciders in cold and a Jameson ready to be opened!

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking"

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: March 16, 2018 11:46

Topi

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking"

There will never be a time when I don’t find that line funny

Date: March 16, 2018 15:53

dont think we will get offical word today

I think the offical word will be the email for the presale ?? maybe early next week

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 16, 2018 16:10

I would think they are going to announce the show (if it's on) and not just send the presale passwords. Well, another week gone by. Announcement Monday surely, if general ticket sale is to begin Friday next week?

Date: March 16, 2018 19:30

ahhhhh @#$%& it thats all i have to say

Next week up to general sale day on the 23rd will be nervy as an answer will have to be given and then the ticket sale itself

Be stupid to sell the tickets and a few weeks later turn around and say 'the licence has not been granted'. It happend before with the same venue, same council and same promoters

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: March 16, 2018 19:50

On? Still says ‘Subject to Licence’ Stones at Croke

Date: March 16, 2018 20:18

[www.dublincity.ie]

[www.dublincity.ie]

going by this the following sections will be empty due to no stage view

Lower Hogan Stand Sections 336/335 (may be a small few seats avail in this section)
Lower Cusack Stand sections 301/302 (may be a small few seats avail in this section)
Upper Hogan Stand sections 736/735 (may be a small few seats avail in this section)
Upper Cusack Stand Sections 701/702 (may be a small few seats avail in this section)

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 16, 2018 20:37

On twitter: [twitter.com]
Looks like everyones favourite residents association have failed in their attempts and #RollingStones tickets for #CrokePark go on sale as planned.
Good try but you can't always get what you want.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home