Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 12, 2018 19:54

I really think it is time for a decision! Wonder what takes so long .....

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 21:25

it's getting beyond a joke at this stage

It's a simple yes the show can go ahead or no 3 shows per year show can't go ahead

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2018 21:52

Wonder what the plan would be now if the residents deny it this late in the game.
Thinking London-1 would become opener? (now officially "sold out" per RS.com)

Doubt they'll roll with only 13 concerts though, most likely add on a date at the end of tour, or (for purely selfish reasons) perhaps add a date in the UK for the only open slot (Tuesday, June 12th) in their two a week schedule.

Have the open dates booked to stay in DT London between Edinburgh and Cardiff, nice five day break- but could very easily switch that up if a Manchester 2 or Birmingham were to reappear cool smiley Already able to hit four shows in a two week+1 day visit, but five would be fantastic!Rooting for Dublin though and think it will go!

Date: March 12, 2018 22:00

Healy52003
it's getting beyond a joke at this stage

It's a simple yes the show can go ahead or no 3 shows per year show can't go ahead

Geez, I cannot even imagine what is going on behind their doors, and i still can hardly imagine the Stones or the promotor does announce a show with the first release of the tour dates, if they are not damn sure they get a go ahead.

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 13, 2018 01:09

I noticed on the facebook video for new dates Northern Ireland is coloured in but Ireland is not. Probably just to show the UNITED KINGDOM but could they possibly be planning a show in Belfast if Dublin can not be done ?

Date: March 13, 2018 01:48

kevos
I noticed on the facebook video for new dates Northern Ireland is coloured in but Ireland is not. Probably just to show the UNITED KINGDOM but could they possibly be planning a show in Belfast if Dublin can not be done ?

Dublin and the republic of Ireland are not in the UK. Maybe it was just highlighting the UK shows. The other euro shows were not shown either

really getting nervy now, have the residents won ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 13, 2018 03:35

kevos

No, its simply highlighting the difference in the two countries, as Healy says above.

There's nothing to suggest there'll be a show in Northern Ireland.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 13, 2018 12:20

As another poster said in a different thread, Dublin appears to now be ON. It's no longer showing as 'Subject to License'

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2018 12:30

grzegorz67

As another poster said in a different thread, Dublin appears to now be ON. It's no longer showing as 'Subject to License'

[www.rollingstones.com]

No - on the RS-Tour-Page it looked liked this since 26-Feb-2018: [iorr.org] .

Date: March 13, 2018 12:33

Irix
grzegorz67

[www.rollingstones.com]

No - on the RS-Tour-Page it looked liked this since 26-Feb-2018: [iorr.org] .
#

Oh. Thanks sad smiley

Date: March 14, 2018 11:02

[www.facebook.com]

read the comments under the pinned event

one resident thinks they won

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2018 11:53

Mary R? Looks like it yes...
I wonder if the French guy pleading with her is on IORR ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 14, 2018 11:57

sounding like there going to get there way and Ronnie sounded like a fool on the radio

really stupid decision and MCD have to take the blame for putting on an extra Taylor Swift concert when the first date didn't come close to selling out. @#$%&

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 14, 2018 12:04

And yet on stereo board, the list of Dublin shows, [www.stereoboard.com], they have tickets on sale 15th March.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 14, 2018 12:09

chriseganstar
And yet on stereo board, the list of Dublin shows, [www.stereoboard.com], they have tickets on sale 15th March.

prob a typo or they got mixed up with the French on sale date

Date: March 14, 2018 12:20

gotdablouse

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-14 13:04 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: March 14, 2018 12:59

grzegorz67
gotdablouse

He does.

He's theresmileys with beer>grinning smiley<

Date: March 14, 2018 13:08

justeillusion
grzegorz67
gotdablouse

He does.

Yes I knew it was you grinning smiley - I thought I'd let you choose whether to identify yourself. You really need to speak to them in English. I know you can speak it just fine.

[Il vous faut parler avec eux en anglais. Je sais que vous pouvez le parler (et l'ecrire) tres bien]

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-14 13:08 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:18

Healy52003
sounding like there going to get there way and Ronnie sounded like a fool on the radio

really stupid decision and MCD have to take the blame for putting on an extra Taylor Swift concert when the first date didn't come close to selling out. @#$%&

One person commenting saying people power etc means absolutely nothing.

The way I see it, DCC will have to have a decision made by end of the week. Until then it’s anyones guess as to what the outcome will be.

But I certainly won’t believing someone on fb. Especially someone whose profile picture is a cat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-14 13:18 by CallM.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:24

I am sure the Dublin gig will happen.patience please.i wont be there but the Stones will crack this nut.
Jeroen

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:25

grzegorz67
justeillusion
grzegorz67
gotdablouse

He does.

Yes I knew it was you grinning smiley - I thought I'd let you choose whether to identify yourself. You really need to speak to them in English. I know you can speak it just fine.

[Il vous faut parler avec eux en anglais. Je sais que vous pouvez le parler (et l'ecrire) tres bien]

thumbs up

google translate is my best friend!!smileys with beer

Date: March 14, 2018 13:33

justeillusion
grzegorz67
justeillusion
grzegorz67
gotdablouse

He does.

thumbs up

google translate is my best friend!!smileys with beer
#

And Facebook translate is THEIR best friend thumbs up

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 14, 2018 14:55

Maybe Saint Patrick's day ......2 day's to go would be a nice touch...Waiting

Date: March 14, 2018 15:57

CallM
Healy52003

The way I see it, DCC will have to have a decision made by end of the week. Until then it’s anyones guess as to what the outcome will be.

But I certainly won’t believing someone on fb. Especially someone whose profile picture is a cat
smileys with beer

Sue in Spain

Date: March 14, 2018 18:51

CallM
Healy52003

Dublin City council can make the decision regarding the Outside Event Licence OEL 0011-2018 at any time after the Consultation period has ended, but are not obliged to give a definitive answer until 4 weeks before the planned show. The residents of Drumcondra don't have any right of appeal against the DCC decision once made, which is good news. As I've said before, I would expect the DCC to make the decision by close of play this Friday, which fits with the planned General onsale on Friday 23rd and allows RS.com to announce presales for Monday 19th. The real question here is how long Aiken Promotions can wait before getting a definitive answer from DCC. It is out of their hands at the moment, but I'm sure "pressure" is being brought to bear for a decision this week. By the way, I don't think that posting antagonistic responses on social media to the residents objections is at all helpful.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 14, 2018 18:55

!

Satisfied since 1976

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-14 18:57 by chriseganstar.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2018 19:04

I haven't been following this closely but like a resident posted on FB, "4 shows this year, why not 10 next year?" (or something like that)...I suppose I can see their point if there's nothing in it for them apart from the nuisance..It's not like they're being asked to bend their rules for a good cause or something ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: March 14, 2018 19:26

chriseganstar
CallM
Healy52003

Dublin City council can make the decision regarding the Outside Event Licence OEL 0011-2018 at any time after the Consultation period has ended, but are not obliged to give a definitive answer until 4 weeks before the planned show. The residents of Drumcondra don't have any right of appeal against the DCC decision once made, which is good news. As I've said before, I would expect the DCC to make the decision by close of play this Friday, which fits with the planned General onsale on Friday 23rd and allows RS.com to announce presales for Monday 19th. The real question here is how long Aiken Promotions can wait before getting a definitive answer from DCC. It is out of their hands at the moment, but I'm sure "pressure" is being brought to bear for a decision this week. By the way, I don't think that posting antagonistic responses on social media to the residents objections is at all helpful.

Nail head, there, Chris; I know that I posted a link to the Residents Assoc. FB page but it wasn't my intention that anybody should post there. That's totall out of order, and more likely to stiffen resolve *against* than anything else.

Think you're timeline stuff is on the nose; get the announcment (ideally) onto the app/social meeja Friday evening, announce pre-sales later in the weekend and kick them off Tuesday/Wednesday with General Sale Friday.

I also think that the gig will get the green light from the council.

Fingers crossed for a decent lucky dip in May!

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: March 14, 2018 20:11

Just got the link to get register for the pre-sale acess Dublin

François

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 14, 2018 20:22

fanch

Just got the link to get register for the pre-sale acess Dublin

This Link was already sent out via eMail by The Rolling Stones (Universal Music) on 1-Mar-2018: [iorr.org] .

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home