Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 6, 2018 15:08

Given RS.com's record on these things it wouldn't surprise me if they announced the Dublin presales on March 17th !

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 15:18

even more more uncertain now since the interview and change if ticket date on the site but Ronnie seems very excited about the Dublin gig

You never hear about licences been granted/refused in the media unless it's a huge deal

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 6, 2018 15:21

grinning smileyYou may be right, Chris. No doubt with a hideous bit of marketing complete with every cheesy cliche they can think of...!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 15:22 by Gazza.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 6, 2018 15:23

Healy52003
even more more uncertain now since the interview and change if ticket date on the site but Ronnie seems very excited about the Dublin gig

You never hear about licences been granted/refused in the media unless it's a huge deal

Thats because in most cases its a mere formality.

what 'change of ticket date on the site' ? It seems there hasnt been one.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 6, 2018 16:36

spunky
On ticketmaster: [www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

I'm surprised a non-UK gig would be sold on Ticketmaster UK. I was hoping for a different set of non-UK prices....

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 6, 2018 16:38

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: March 6, 2018 17:43

On Sale March 23? Ugh. What to do until then.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 6, 2018 17:48

glmmr_twn
On Sale March 23? Ugh. What to do until then.

e.g.: 17th St. Patrick’s Day smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 17:49 by MAF.

Date: March 6, 2018 17:57

just want to get the ticket money out of my bank acccount so i can plan for the gig then

Paddys day is a sat so doubt the pre sale will start then and the Monday after that (19th Mar) is a bank holiday in Ireland. Possibly pre sale is Tues 20th March ???

Actually going to a concert at home on the 23rd March, Christy Moore. A lot of non irish people prob never heard of him but hes an irish folk singer who sings songs about a lot of irish issues etc. Well worth checking him out on youtube. Be a good celebration after hopefully securing RS Croke Park tickets

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 7, 2018 00:20

thank you....and i guess with high hotel prices, the economy is good in ireland (and so prices will probably be the same as UK) -- but i see that ireland uses the euro so at least the rate of exchange will be better for me.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:10

On Thur, 8-Mar-2018 the City Council has a meeting according to Dublin Councillor Niall Ring:

"We have a Dublin City Council meeting every month, which takes three and a quarter hours, we get a 360 page fact of items we have to go through to discuss items. [...] Tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock I have to go to committee meetings, I have to get across town from Ballybough to City Hall, I'll have to leave at around 7 o'clock to make sure I'm on time for that meeting, that could go on until 11 and that's a half day gone. I'm on a commemoration committee, naming committee and fire brigade meetings, then in your own local area - which takes up most of your time - you've got residents association meetings.

For example in Croke Park we had meetings over whether we'll have The Rolling Stones, in our area we have the gang feuds going on so you have taskforces going on that involve a huge number of meetings, the Magdalene Launderies situation."

[www.Independent.ie]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:24

The Lidl Looters and the Rolling Stones! Lots of things happening in Dublin town.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 7, 2018 14:13

For this show is it possible to pick up Ticket's at the venue? I was in Ireland twice now in the last 15 month's...I picked up ticket's to 3 show's..And very cool they print your name on the Ticket thought that was a nice touch...Never had that before...M

Date: March 7, 2018 14:20

Irix
On Thur, 8-Mar-2018 the City Council has a meeting according to Dublin Councillor Niall Ring:

"We have a Dublin City Council meeting every month, which takes three and a quarter hours, we get a 360 page fact of items we have to go through to discuss items. [...] Tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock I have to go to committee meetings, I have to get across town from Ballybough to City Hall, I'll have to leave at around 7 o'clock to make sure I'm on time for that meeting, that could go on until 11 and that's a half day gone. I'm on a commemoration committee, naming committee and fire brigade meetings, then in your own local area - which takes up most of your time - you've got residents association meetings.

For example in Croke Park we had meetings over whether we'll have The Rolling Stones, in our area we have the gang feuds going on so you have taskforces going on that involve a huge number of meetings, the Magdalene Launderies situation."

[www.Independent.ie]

Thurs 8th is 2morruw though ???

Date: March 7, 2018 14:46

Correctamundo!

Date: March 7, 2018 15:18

hard to knw what stage the talks are at right now but hopefully there in a good place

If those old farts of residents win i swear lol

Date: March 7, 2018 15:37

Is it really a negotiable issue? I read somewhere that the residents don't even have the right to appeal.

City Council has the legal standing to reject or approve the application, that's it. What is there to negotiate about?

Date: March 7, 2018 16:14

Topi
Is it really a negotiable issue? I read somewhere that the residents don't even have the right to appeal.

City Council has the legal standing to reject or approve the application, that's it. What is there to negotiate about?

these guys are dragging all excuses into blocking it

[www.dublinpeople.com]

'But Pat Gates, chairperson of C&CPARA, says locals are adamant that no more than three events should be allowed.

"Our position has been consistent and clear,” he said.

“Three concerts is the maximum number of concerts allowed under planning permission granted by An Bord Pleanála – this cap should be respected.

“The reason for the cap is to maintain a reasonable quality of life for those who live in this part of the city and the amenities of the area.”

Colm Stephens, PRO of the residents' association, outlined what it’s like in the area when a concert is held.

"Living next to Croke Park during a concert is like living next to nightclub with 80,000 people in it,” he said.

“On top of that, there will be 18 continuous days, including weekends, of construction work between the hours of 8am and as late as 1am before and after the concert.

“The resulting noise and disruption is an unacceptable intrusion into ordinary people’s lives and is made worse by the fact that this concert is planned for a school night when many young people are preparing for Leaving and Junior Cert or college exams.

“The traffic plan for the concert calls for the closing of various roads on a weekday.

“Some of these are roads that are important as commuter routes and they want to close them during the rush hour leading on to the day of the concert – a large portion of the north side of the city is going to come to a standstill if this concert goes ahead.”

Date: March 7, 2018 16:39

I know all that, but it's not the resident's decision is it? It's not a contract, it's a license.

Date: March 7, 2018 16:55

Topi
I know all that, but it's not the resident's decision is it? It's not a contract, it's a license.

They can be very influential in the decison made by the Dublin city manager. The residents were deff a factor in the Garth Brooks saga in 2014

Theres danager the residents could try and get a court injunction cause the limit is being broken

For all the residents that are against it can they not go for a night away or leave the house while the show is on and go to the cinema, for a meal, visit family or something. 150 people ruining all the fun for the rest of us

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 16:56

Healy52003
hard to knw what stage the talks are at right now but hopefully there in a good place

If those old farts of residents win i swear lol

What a bunch of miserable killjoys. As someone said, it's a poor show when a bunch of senior citizens can't have a one off sing song in Dublin. I wish this would just be sorted once and for all.

Date: March 7, 2018 17:00

looking at TM there

the residents could go and see Titanic the musical at the BG Theatre or Derren Brown in the Gaiety, Narcos Capturing Pablo in the Olympia or Andy Summers of the police in Vicar Strret on the 17th May when the stones are playing. Go out for a walk on the beach, go for a meal, cinema etc or sit in there living rooms with there arms foled with a disgusted look on there faces lol

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 7, 2018 17:12

According to Wikipedia there has been 4 concerts at Croke Park in 2009, which is more than 3...

Unless there is a dress rehearsal the day/evening before the show I don't really understand all the fuss about one more date.
It can indeed be a mess in the neighborhood on showday or even the day before, but not 10 days prior to the show...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: March 7, 2018 17:22

Doc
According to Wikipedia there has been 4 concerts at Croke Park in 2009, which is more than 3...

Unless there is a dress rehearsal the day/evening before the show I don't really understand all the fuss about one more date.
It can indeed be a mess in the neighborhood on showday or even the day before, but not 10 days prior to the show...

going by the licence document

the band will be in town from Mon 14th May doing 2 days of rehersals (15.00-22.00 Mon 14th and Tues 15th May) and Weds 16th May is a tech day

Work starting on Sun 6th May with the stage been built from Weds 9th May. 1am finishes are on the following days Mon 14th- Thurs 17th, rest of the days are 10pm or earlier finishes.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 7, 2018 17:22

The first time I heard Mick Jagger’s voice ‘live’
was San Diego 2015 soundcheck thru an open window from my hotel room next door.
A chill ran under my skin up my arms and I was hanging out the window in bliss.

Have a BBQ Dubliners for Christ sake!!

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: March 7, 2018 17:53

Healy52003
looking at TM there

the residents could go and see Titanic the musical at the BG Theatre or Derren Brown in the Gaiety, Narcos Capturing Pablo in the Olympia or Andy Summers of the police in Vicar Strret on the 17th May when the stones are playing. Go out for a walk on the beach, go for a meal, cinema etc or sit in there living rooms with there arms foled with a disgusted look on there faces lol

Easy on the critism of residents. I have relatives living in the shadow of Croke Park and you are effectively locked whenever an event is held in Croke Park. Many people in the area have no objection to The Stones gig. It was a very different scenario having to listen to some cowboy playing five nights in a row in your back garden. Not to mention having to deal with the pink hat brigade, especially after the show.

The final decision rests with DCC. My own view is that the gig will go ahead.

Date: March 7, 2018 18:11

oxegen
Healy52003
looking at TM there

Easy on the critism of residents. I have relatives living in the shadow of Croke Park and you are effectively locked whenever an event is held in Croke Park. Many people in the area have no objection to The Stones gig. It was a very different scenario having to listen to some cowboy playing five nights in a row in your back garden. Not to mention having to deal with the pink hat brigade, especially after the show.

The final decision rests with DCC. My own view is that the gig will go ahead.

all of us here mean no personal offence to the residents, were all just a little nervy about this cause its a sensitive issue

Had a ticket to the opening night of the GB shows myself but i imagine it would of been hell for all around the area, Mothers on the loose, drunk groups who only jumped on the bandwagon screaming and shouting etc. He has some great songs dont get me wrong but his massive fame in Ireland is a bit of a mystery ??. I imagine it stems from Irish folk music and he says his roots come from Ireland (like a lot of artists say)

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 7, 2018 18:59

Not overly familiar with Brooks but I know his gigs are mega popular. He often does 2 shows a day. And I read the other day he makes a point of keeping his tickets as affordable as possible and making every ticket the same price regardless of what section you are in.

Date: March 7, 2018 19:21

kevos
Not overly familiar with Brooks but I know his gigs are mega popular. He often does 2 shows a day. And I read the other day he makes a point of keeping his tickets as affordable as possible and making every ticket the same price regardless of what section you are in.

he got offered to 2 gigs in one day in Croke Park but refused to as it was impossible and he was prob right as it would be a logistical nightmare for Croke Park staff and event staff

He's to country music what the stones are to rock n roll. He's a pretty big deal in the US and has made millions on this tour there

anyway back to Stones talk, is there a possibility the band may be told they have to rehearse indoors somewhere instead of at Croke Park

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 7, 2018 21:52

I didn’t mean to shade any residents around Croke with my joke.
I sincerely say
The Rolling Stones
are an institution
55 65 however many years
it certainly will be the last time we ask
please an exception for
The greatest of all time passing through ——
and hearing the classic RS songs that everyone knows and loves
and Mick Jagger singing
instead of the birds
it’s a gas gas gas

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext