Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: No Filter Pit - Prices 2018
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 08:29

Meise
There were times when those people got front of stage, who were at the venue early enough to be among the first that could get in - counting for Europe, btw.
That ended when FOS was introduced, which was slightly more expensive than normal standing tickets. That went on until last year when the "American model" was introduced: the more you pay the closer you get to the stage. Is this still the deal for real fans? Are those the real fans, which can afford being the most wealthy?

It's truly sad that most if us play this game, paying several hundreds of Euros to sit and watch them play. It's insane.

I've been a fan since about 35 years, and I do admire the Stones. I've seen them at each tour since 1990. But enough is enough. If it's only about emptying our pockets to unseen and unfelt heights, I must admit that I rather step back this time, avoiding to attend any show in 2018. Even if there are LDT, I don't want to end up some hundred meters away from the stage looking at the screen more than watching the band play.

Don't complain, for the real fans, there are the Lucky Dips, because real fans don't care where they are in the venue, filling empty nosebleeds is exactly what are they after. (Sarcasm of course).

For that reason there is an extra special care taken about the Lucky Dips (unlike about any other tickets, like the Pit tickets): "We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure that these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices."

You are absolutely right that it is a game and I absolutely agree that we are insane that we play it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2018 09:23

Meise
There were times when those people got front of stage, who were at the venue early enough to be among the first that could get in - counting for Europe, btw.
That ended when FOS was introduced, which was slightly more expensive than normal standing tickets. That went on until last year when the "American model" was introduced: the more you pay the closer you get to the stage. Is this still the deal for real fans? Are those the real fans, which can afford being the most wealthy?

It's truly sad that most if us play this game, paying several hundreds of Euros to sit and watch them play. It's insane.

I've been a fan since about 35 years, and I do admire the Stones. I've seen them at each tour since 1990. But enough is enough. If it's only about emptying our pockets to unseen and unfelt heights, I must admit that I rather step back this time, avoiding to attend any show in 2018. Even if there are LDT, I don't want to end up some hundred meters away from the stage looking at the screen more than watching the band play.

Good points and it is indeed a bit sad that we're falling over ourselves to have the privilege of buying a 450€ standing ticket!...although not this time as they have been more readily available and even "dropped" a lot earlier than last year. They'll likely all sell though.

As was pointed out it started with the tongue pit in 2012 at the O2 with even more outrageous pricing in the US with $1500 prices.

The fair model would be like HP2013 where you could get FOS either with GA or with a Diamond (or VIP 1?) package. I did it both ways and GA was a struggle but more fun! I think there were a couple more shows like that in 2014 but none in 2017.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 8, 2018 09:39

I can't understand why people would go to a concert to watch a screen, no matter how far away they were (Rio '06 excepted).

The energy comes from the stage, not the screen.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 8, 2018 18:38

mosthigh
I can't understand why people would go to a concert to watch a screen, no matter how far away they were (Rio '06 excepted).

the energy comes from the audience

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 19:13

mosthigh

I am absolutely with you. Pit is the place to be, at least form me. I understand why some people prefer to be a little bit further back and prefer the GC, but watching screens from 100 merets while drinking beer is really not my cup of tea.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 20:23

Sorry, but I can't stand this real fans BS and whining about ticket prices anymore.
Take it or leave, you won't change a thing.

The Stones are no welfare organisation - in fact they never were.

If it's too pricey for you then don't go.

I remember times when a Porsche was the price of a Golf nowadays.

The first Stones show in 1981 I went to, GA was 38 german marks, which was a shitload of money at these times.

It's all a question of supply and demand. If the masses are not willing to pay these prices and don't go to the shows, the band and/or the promotors may rethink the price model next time. MAYBE hahaha.

But as long as there are enough sold out or nearly sold out shows, nothing will change.

I personally would be more than happy with cheaper ticket prices, but that's not the reality. so if I want to see my favorite band I have to pay the price.
It is what it is.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 8, 2018 21:31

Compared to the $750 price for PIT in the States, the 437GBP/$600 I paid for each of the London shows is a bargain.

pit tickets – how do they look like?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 15, 2018 15:44

has anybody seen a genuine pit ticket for this tour? To know they really look like might may it easier for all of us to detect counterfeit tickets offered online/on the streets/etc

Re: pit tickets – how do they look like?
Posted by: rara ()
Date: May 15, 2018 15:54

it depends, they differ across promoters and/or ticket agencies

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 15, 2018 16:15

slewan

has anybody seen a genuine pit ticket for this tour?

In Germany they look like the normal Fan-Tickets by Eventim - but with €797 printed on it ....

Date: May 15, 2018 16:16

rara
it depends, they differ across promoters and/or ticket agencies

I know, but I think it might be useful to know the most common ones

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:01

Irix
slewan

In Germany they look like the normal Fan-Tickets by Eventim - but with €797 printed on it ....

Could this possibly be the most expensive regular face value concert ticket ever in history?
And if so, will the record ever be broken?

The came close to that for the *Vegas '16 arena show (at $750+fees), but this is quite a bit more.

Date: May 15, 2018 19:07

Hairball
Irix
slewan

Could this possibly be the most expensive regular face value concert ticket ever in history?

The came close to that for the *Vegas '16 arena show (at $750+fees), but this is quite a bit more.

After the rate of exchange, mind came to $637 each. I don't mind. To be right up front in London, it's well worth it to me.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2018 19:21

GAFF
Hairball
Irix
slewan

After the rate of exchange, mind came to $637 each. I don't mind. To be right up front in London, it's well worth it to me.

Yeah Gaff - not bad for London if you deem it worth it, but I'm specifically referring to the ticket posted above at EUR 797 which at the current exchange rate equals $944.80!
And not criticizing anyone whose willing to pay that, just wondering if that's the most expensive regular face value concert ticket ever in history.

Date: May 15, 2018 19:23

I think i know what you are doing slewan. Very smart smiling smiley

Date: May 15, 2018 19:27

acctually I'm reflecting on buying some pit ticket on the street if someone offers it at a fair/affordable price and I want to make sure that I'm not ripped off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-15 19:39 by slewan.

Date: May 15, 2018 20:32

Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
Irix
slewan

Yeah Gaff - not bad for London if you deem it worth it, but I'm specifically referring to the ticket posted above at EUR 797 which at the current exchange rate equals $944.80!
And not criticizing anyone whose willing to pay that, just wondering if that's the most expensive regular face value concert ticket ever in history.

Probably the spendiest ever. I would not have paid that amount.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 15, 2018 21:35

Pit tickets for Dublin and Warsaw just look like normal tickets, except for the high prices printed on em...

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 16, 2018 05:01

My e-tickets for both London Stadium have the event info and price and the No Filter tongue.

Date: May 24, 2018 12:27

Couldn't find another recent pit thread so I'll try here, in the end were Pit A and B connected before the show like during NF 2017? Thanks!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: May 24, 2018 12:45

Not at the Olympic Stadium
You were either A (Ronnie) or B (Keith)
We were given a Golden Circle wristband at the main entrance and then a second Pit wristband at the entrance to the Pit - looks like this [onlyrockandroll.london]

Date: May 24, 2018 12:55

Thanks so that's consistent with the separate naming and recent rumours (as often !) were unfounded ;-)

So A or B, that's the question ! More stuff going on the A side but then Keith is on the B side and he's the "real" deal ;-)

--------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 24, 2018 13:15

johnnythunders

We were given a Golden Circle wristband at the main entrance and then a second Pit wristband at the entrance to the Pit - looks like this

[www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 24, 2018 13:52

gotdablouse
Thanks so that's consistent with the separate naming and recent rumours (as often !) were unfounded ;-)

So A or B, that's the question ! More stuff going on the A side but then Keith is on the B side and he's the "real" deal ;-)

Yeah, "more stuff" if you want to look at a couple of backing singers and a plinky-plink piano player. There's only one choice gotdablouse smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 24, 2018 13:53

gotdablouse
Couldn't find another recent pit thread so I'll try here, in the end were Pit A and B connected before the show like during NF 2017? Thanks!

The simple answer is NO!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 24, 2018 13:58

797 Euro? For real? And what does a lucky dip ending up in the pit cost? 79 Euro?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 24, 2018 14:08

slewan
has anybody seen a genuine pit ticket for this tour? To know they really look like might may it easier for all of us to detect counterfeit tickets offered online/on the streets/etc

If a picture of a ticket was posted then it would be easy for anyone including you to make a variation of your own ticket for various reasons. I would never post a picture of any ticket online.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 24, 2018 14:12

The U.S. 2013 tongue pit face value was US $1500 as far as I remember.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 24, 2018 15:24

syrel
gotdablouse

Yeah, "more stuff" if you want to look at a couple of backing singers and a plinky-plink piano player. There's only one choice gotdablouse smoking smiley

I thought the same, I always went to Keith's side in the past, but I ended in Pit A on Tuesday, as I could not get B, and I think I saw more of Keith than ever before.

Re: No Filter Pit tickets 2018
Posted by: raphph ()
Date: May 24, 2018 15:29

I had a great time in London 1 for Gold Circle - if I could snab a decent priced Pit ticket I'd go to Coventry...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home