Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: No Filter Pit - Prices 2018
Posted by: stonesR1 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 16:56

Exactly. Just wait as it’s always the case

Posted by: MWasilewski ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:00

Hi,

out of curiosity I compared the No Filter Pit prices for every country to its GDP, just to measure somehow how affordable are the tickets in subsequent countires.
I am aware that the GDP is not the ideal index for wealth of the country, but I don't know any better.

I normalized the outcome such that the ratio for France (the most favorable) equals to 1.
So, these are results:

Country Ratio
UK 1.45
Germany 2.44
France 1
Poland 4.82

As you can see, the statistical Pole has to work almost 5 times harder than the statistical Frenchman to afford the ticket in his/her country. I predict then (but you have more experience, so please share your insights), that the Poland Pit sales will be the smallest one.
Do you think that it means that the Lucky Dips in Poland will have the greatest probability to be the No Filet Pit?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:17

MWasilewski
Hi,

out of curiosity I compared the No Filter Pit prices for every country to its GDP, just to measure somehow how affordable are the tickets in subsequent countires.
I am aware that the GDP is not the ideal index for wealth of the country, but I don't know any better.

I normalized the outcome such that the ratio for France (the most favorable) equals to 1.
So, these are results:

Country Ratio
UK 1.45
Germany 2.44
France 1
Poland 4.82

As you can see, the statistical Pole has to work almost 5 times harder than the statistical Frenchman to afford the ticket in his/her country. I predict then (but you have more experience, so please share your insights), that the Poland Pit sales will be the smallest one.
Do you think that it means that the Lucky Dips in Poland will have the greatest probability to be the No Filet Pit?

Very interesting analysis! I like that sort of thing. You could well be right, but the one thing that messes it up is the number of tourist fans who are likely to visit and it being the last night of the tour. I would have Lucky Dipped this show and I'm planning to Lucky Dip most others but I know from friends that the upper levels at the Narodowy have terrible sound so I'm making an exception for this show and going with Gold Standing. I still think a lot of Lucky Dippers will end up in the pit in Warsaw.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:25

grzegorz67
gotdablouse
sarahunwin
I just want one pit ticket in London! And not the VIP package. It is just wrong that they hold them back and put them in those f---ing packages. So stressful

If the 2017 tour is anything to go by they will drop pit tickets at face down the road. I'm pretty sure it happened for each show, even those like Paris where pit tickets were never offered at face previously (except by accident for one of the shows and they canceled the sales!).

I'm planning on getting a GC, which was really quite good with the 2017 setup (heck even GA was not bad if you went to the side) and sitting it out. If LD was guaranteed to be Pit or GA like it was in Paris I'd probably go for that actually.

GA off to the side in Paris was excellent at the UARENA. I was there for Shows 1 & 2 and it really wasn't all that far from the stage. It was actually closer to the stage than the end of the ramp. I highly recommend. I passed on this advice to other fans I know, they all did it and agreed. How good it is depends on the size of the Golden Circle/Gold Standing behind the Pit.

On the contrary, Fosse (GA) at the Stade de France in 2014 was a very long way from the stage, but Fosse Or fine. It all depends on the venue and where they choose to put up the rails.

Yeah your tip to shoot for the sides was a great one and I made good use of it for Paris II when my LD turned up a GA...Was the UArena setup unique or did similarly configured NF2017 shows (so not Hamburg for instance) also have a great view from the sides ? That could tell us what NF2018 will look like.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:53

grzegorz67
MWasilewski
Hi,

So, these are results:

Country Ratio
UK 1.45
Germany 2.44
France 1
Poland 4.82

Very interesting analysis! I like that sort of thing. You could well be right, but the one thing that messes it up is the number of tourist fans who are likely to visit and it being the last night of the tour. I would have Lucky Dipped this show and I'm planning to Lucky Dip most others but I know from friends that the upper levels at the Narodowy have terrible sound so I'm making an exception for this show and going with Gold Standing. I still think a lot of Lucky Dippers will end up in the pit in Warsaw.

One critical comment: the GDP in Poland is -on average- not so high. BUT: in Poland the variance in buying power is huge. The GDP of the Warsaw citizens is comparable to most other EU countries like France or Belgium. But a lot of people living in the outbacks and rural areas of Poland don't have a lot of money to spend. This spread in variance is much bigger in Poland than in France for instance. So my point: PIT tickets will probably be bought mostly by the relatively rich habitants of Warschau (and environment). They are able to pay the huge ticket prices. I think that PIT tickets will be sold out relatively quickly for this reason.

Date: February 28, 2018 18:59

jackflash27
grzegorz67
MWasilewski
Hi,

So, these are results:

Country Ratio
UK 1.45
Germany 2.44
France 1
Poland 4.82

One critical comment: the GDP in Poland is -on average- not so high. BUT: in Poland the variance in buying power is huge. The GDP of the Warsaw citizens is comparable to most other EU countries like France or Belgium. But a lot of people living in the outbacks and rural areas of Poland don't have a lot of money to spend. This spread in variance is much bigger in Poland than in France for instance. So my point: PIT tickets will probably be bought mostly by the relatively rich habitants of Warschau (and environment). They are able to pay the huge ticket prices. I think that PIT tickets will be sold out relatively quickly for this reason.

Another good shout. There's definitely a nouveau-riche elite in Warsaw and possibly enough of them to buy up all the Pit tickets and the novelty of a 1st Stones visit since 2007. I have friends on both sides of that particularly cruel fence.

Date: February 28, 2018 19:50

gotdablouse
grzegorz67
gotdablouse
sarahunwin
I just want one pit ticket in London! And not the VIP package. It is just wrong that they hold them back and put them in those f---ing packages. So stressful

If the 2017 tour is anything to go by they will drop pit tickets at face down the road. I'm pretty sure it happened for each show, even those like Paris where pit tickets were never offered at face previously (except by accident for one of the shows and they canceled the sales!).

I'm planning on getting a GC, which was really quite good with the 2017 setup (heck even GA was not bad if you went to the side) and sitting it out. If LD was guaranteed to be Pit or GA like it was in Paris I'd probably go for that actually.

GA off to the side in Paris was excellent at the UARENA. I was there for Shows 1 & 2 and it really wasn't all that far from the stage. It was actually closer to the stage than the end of the ramp. I highly recommend. I passed on this advice to other fans I know, they all did it and agreed. How good it is depends on the size of the Golden Circle/Gold Standing behind the Pit.

On the contrary, Fosse (GA) at the Stade de France in 2014 was a very long way from the stage, but Fosse Or fine. It all depends on the venue and where they choose to put up the rails.

Yeah your tip to shoot for the sides was a great one and I made good use of it for Paris II when my LD turned up a GA...Was the UArena setup unique or did similarly configured NF2017 shows (so not Hamburg for instance) also have a great view from the sides ? That could tell us what NF2018 will look like.

I 100% agree, didn't take that into consideration. But on the second thought, I think the richest from the richest in Warsaw aren't richer than the richest from the France - which means that the demand in Warsaw should at most equal to the demand in France. Of course, I don't take into account, let's call it, sentiment after 10 years without a concert. I have no idea how much people in Poland are willing to overpay because of that, but from my merely 26 years of experience this willingness is rather low winking smiley

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 06:07

syrel
strat72
You would have to be a fool to pay that sort of money for a two hour concert, even, if like me you can afford it.

Don't be a mug and allow yourself to be taken the piss out of by these avaricious old goats. I love The Stones, but their greed really is something else.

I see the usual scam of pit tickets going on sale at secondary ticket sites before they were on sale anywhere else is alive and well.

The whole thing stinks.......

Sorry, but take your whingeing to the complaints thread and stop preaching to others about how they should spend their money. Yes it is expensive. The Stones have always been expensive. Get over it. If they've gone past your threshold, that's fine, but don't call me a mug for deciding whether two hours in the pit of a Rolling Stones show is worth it or not. To me it most definitely is and, as far as I'm concerned, anyone choosing to spend £450 on anything OTHER than a pit ticket (excluding basic food and shelter needs) - is a fool and/or a joyless cynic.

syrel

I went to watch The Stones during their Voodoo Lounge tour for £25.... I was right at the front. This was before all this pit ticket bullshit started. So you are wrong to say they were always expensive rip off merchants..... They weren't!

Your just the sort of person that these greedy artists/promoters/ticket agents rely upon. You are free to spend your money as you see fit, and I hope you have a good time. I really do.... However, I am also free to express my belief that you are a mug for paying those prices.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 1, 2018 08:48

strat72
syrel
strat72
You would have to be a fool to pay that sort of money for a two hour concert, even, if like me you can afford it.

Don't be a mug and allow yourself to be taken the piss out of by these avaricious old goats. I love The Stones, but their greed really is something else.

I see the usual scam of pit tickets going on sale at secondary ticket sites before they were on sale anywhere else is alive and well.

The whole thing stinks.......

Sorry, but take your whingeing to the complaints thread and stop preaching to others about how they should spend their money. Yes it is expensive. The Stones have always been expensive. Get over it. If they've gone past your threshold, that's fine, but don't call me a mug for deciding whether two hours in the pit of a Rolling Stones show is worth it or not. To me it most definitely is and, as far as I'm concerned, anyone choosing to spend £450 on anything OTHER than a pit ticket (excluding basic food and shelter needs) - is a fool and/or a joyless cynic.

syrel

I went to watch The Stones during their Voodoo Lounge tour for £25.... I was right at the front. This was before all this pit ticket bullshit started. So you are wrong to say they were always expensive rip off merchants..... They weren't!

Your just the sort of person that these greedy artists/promoters/ticket agents rely upon. You are free to spend your money as you see fit, and I hope you have a good time. I really do.... However, I am also free to express my belief that you are a mug for paying those prices.

You are certainly free to express your opinion, but go and do it in the appropriate place - which is here [iorr.org] - rather than spoiling other people's fun in other threads. Some of us use these threads to share information (and excitement) and having to scroll through moany posts about how it is all a big ripoff is tedious.

And the Stones have always been expensive. One of the reasons The Stones organised the Altamont concert was because they were under pressure about high ticket prices. It was said in 1972 that ticket prices were ridiculous and priced 'real fans' out of the market. If I had the time, I could find exactly the same narrative in 1995. Plus ALL entertainment has got a lot more expensive in the **quarter of a century** since you saw Voodoo Lounge. Seeing a single NHL game in Toronto can cost $400 or so, and Premier League football prices can be similar. A little under half of the tickets at a Stones stadium show are available for about £90, which strikes me as a reasonable market rate. The 1000 or so tickets at the front, you gotta pay up. That's fine with me.

Date: March 6, 2018 10:57

MWasilewski
Hi,

So, these are results:

Country Ratio
UK 1.45
Germany 2.44
France 1
Poland 4.82

As the polish official states, the Warsaw gig is sold out, so my fancy analysis was totally wrong. Too bad, because I hoped that bad sales of the No filter pit tickets will somehow increase probability of the good spot on my lucky dip tickets. I wonder if better seats are at least more probable than these nosebleed ones. On the other hand I hadn't got enough money to buy anything more expensive, so I have to take what is given, I suppose.

Date: March 6, 2018 11:09

MWasilewski
MWasilewski
Hi,

So, these are results:

Country Ratio
UK 1.45
Germany 2.44
France 1
Poland 4.82

As the polish official states, the Warsaw gig is sold out, so my fancy analysis was totally wrong. Too bad, because I hoped that bad sales of the No filter pit tickets will somehow increase probability of the good spot on my lucky dip tickets. I wonder if better seats are at least more probable than these nosebleed ones. On the other hand I hadn't got enough money to buy anything more expensive, so I have to take what is given, I suppose.

jackflash27

Told ya winking smiley Didn't expect the whole show to be sold out that quickly though.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 6, 2018 11:45

Every year its different. I’ve generally found Sweden, a very wealthy country to be an easy place to get good tickets for shows. Paris was fairly easy as well. Not sure why. There are still quite a few pit tickets unsold in hotel packages and VIP packages. I would be on the lookout for ticket drops. Good luck everyone.

Date: March 6, 2018 12:52

drbryant
Every year its different. I’ve generally found Sweden, a very wealthy country to be an easy place to get good tickets for shows. Paris was fairly easy as well. Not sure why. There are still quite a few pit tickets unsold in hotel packages and VIP packages. I would be on the lookout for ticket drops. Good luck everyone.

Warsaw, officially at least, (ha bloody ha) is sold out of both tickets and VIP packages.

Date: March 7, 2018 05:54

grzegorz67
drbryant

Warsaw, officially at least, (ha bloody ha) is sold out of both tickets and VIP packages.

The travel packages for Warsaw are still available, and they may have allocated more tickets there given the unfamiliarity of many foreign travelers with Warsaw. Anyway, most of the time good tickets eventually show up at face price but there are exceptions. San Diego in 2014 and the second London show in 2012 were in very high demand. People who went to the venue hoping to snag a ticket were left listening from outside. That’s rare, though.

There are still pit tickets with hotel packages (starting at £799) at Www.eventtravel.com.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 06:50

MWasilewski

Excellent analysis. But I DO THINK THE STONES, as you did not mean to say above, HAVE indeed FILETed the fans with their outrageous pricing strategy sad smiley

I'd LOVE to attend from Australia, but after airfares, meals and basic accommodation, it's be a stretch to then afford a ticket to the show...not to worry!

I sincerely hope all you guys and gals lucky enough to go, enjoy your shows, as I did in Australia in 2014!

Rod

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 7, 2018 09:47

I'm waiting to hear the prices for Dublin.

I'm thinking of making a sign that says "this is the only show i can afford to see" to guilt-trip the band. winking smiley -- whatever show that is (marseille pit or edinburgh LD if i get pit)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 7, 2018 09:59

LQ, the Dublin price range is known. €70.45 - €456.00

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 7, 2018 10:04

Topi

oh, thank you topi -- i had not seen that...ok, about the same as the UK (with fees). i guess i'll be cancelling my dublin hotel.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:35

what really comes as a surprise is that the pit tickets for the shows in Germany sold out so quickly. Last year there were a lot of pit tickets still available a few days before the show. The price was the same, i.e. 799 Euros

In fact I believe they're holding back a lot of pit tickets to create the impression that they are sold out

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:43

slewan
what really comes as a surprise is that the pit tickets for the shows in Germany sold out so quickly. Last year there were a lot of pit tickets still available a few days before the show. The price was the same, i.e. 799 Euros

In fact I believe they're holding back a lot of pit tickets to create the impression that they are sold out

It was the same last year. They were not available after a few minutes and were only sold in packages (1200€) for many weeks. They reappeared for the regular price a few weeks before the shows and were available in high numbers until show time. The tickets that were not sold were given to the Lucky Dip people.

Date: March 7, 2018 12:58

hockenheim95
The tickets that were not sold were given to the Lucky Dip people.

right, that's what Lucky Dip tickets are for

Date: March 7, 2018 13:34

Interesting price strategy in Poland (and probably everywhere)... I have been watching the 'Platinum tickets' site ticketpaster.pl for a while now. And I noticed that PIT tickets started at 2100 Zloty after the tickets went on sale. Pit tickets were 'sold out' at Eventim and every day TM increased the price of the platinum tickets. Today, it's 2749 zsloty! The original price was 1950 zsloty by the way.

Looks like Eventim and Ticketmaster are working together. Eventim sells only a few tickets at regular price, creates demand by making it look like they are sold, which boosts the ticketmaster prices. After a few weeks the 'momentum' is gone and demand drops. Eventim throws in a fresh batch of PIT tickets at original prices and creates demand again, etc. A smart strategy actually from business perspective.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 7, 2018 13:43

Topi
Where did you find these prices?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 7, 2018 13:53

drbryant
grzegorz67
drbryant

The travel packages for Warsaw are still available, and they may have allocated more tickets there given the unfamiliarity of many foreign travelers with Warsaw. Anyway, most of the time good tickets eventually show up at face price but there are exceptions. San Diego in 2014 and the second London show in 2012 were in very high demand. People who went to the venue hoping to snag a ticket were left listening from outside. That’s rare, though.

There are still pit tickets with hotel packages (starting at £799) at Www.eventtravel.com.

Pit tickets for this show are £400 so someone would have to be pretty lazy or stupid to pay an extra £400 because they are unfamiliar with the city and can't be bothered to search the internet for a hotel.
Why would anyone want to pay £400 to a company to find them a £50 hotel room.
Wait for other regular price pit tickets to become available.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 13:54 by Nate.

Date: March 7, 2018 14:06

Nate
drbryant
grzegorz67
drbryant

Pit tickets for this show are £400 so someone would have to be pretty lazy or stupid to pay an extra £400 because they are unfamiliar with the city and can't be bothered to search the internet for a hotel.
Why would anyone want to pay £400 to a company to find them a £50 hotel room.
Wait for other regular price pit tickets to become available.

just for the same reason some people pay an additional £400+ to get some shitty bag with cheap merchandise stuff

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 7, 2018 14:47

spunky
Topi
Where did you find these prices?

Ticketmaster Ireland

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 7, 2018 15:38

There were times when those people got front of stage, who were at the venue early enough to be among the first that could get in - counting for Europe, btw.
That ended when FOS was introduced, which was slightly more expensive than normal standing tickets. That went on until last year when the "American model" was introduced: the more you pay the closer you get to the stage. Is this still the deal for real fans? Are those the real fans, which can afford being the most wealthy?

It's truly sad that most if us play this game, paying several hundreds of Euros to sit and watch them play. It's insane.

I've been a fan since about 35 years, and I do admire the Stones. I've seen them at each tour since 1990. But enough is enough. If it's only about emptying our pockets to unseen and unfelt heights, I must admit that I rather step back this time, avoiding to attend any show in 2018. Even if there are LDT, I don't want to end up some hundred meters away from the stage looking at the screen more than watching the band play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 15:41 by Meise.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 7, 2018 21:44

Meise . YOU ARE 100% CORRECT.

SC UK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 23:18 by straycatuk.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 8, 2018 00:33

Really wanted a pit ticket and even though last years price was too much I decided I would go for it here in UK as I wouldn't have the added cost of travel/hotel... Then they announced the price for this year. £400 is just going way too far not to mention I physically cant afford it.
I went with a Lucky Dip. If they end up being up in the Gods I wont bother, Ill maybe try to see if I can pick up a better ticket at a good price outside, failing that I will miss out this time.

To Anyone that could afford it. Good luck to you. Nobody should make you feel bad or foolish for paying it. If ya can do it why the hell not !

Date: March 8, 2018 07:19

Meise
There were times when those people got front of stage, who were at the venue early enough to be among the first that could get in - counting for Europe, btw.
That ended when FOS was introduced, which was slightly more expensive than normal standing tickets. That went on until last year when the "American model" was introduced: the more you pay the closer you get to the stage. Is this still the deal for real fans? Are those the real fans, which can afford being the most wealthy?

It's truly sad that most if us play this game, paying several hundreds of Euros to sit and watch them play. It's insane.

I've been a fan since about 35 years, and I do admire the Stones. I've seen them at each tour since 1990. But enough is enough. If it's only about emptying our pockets to unseen and unfelt heights, I must admit that I rather step back this time, avoiding to attend any show in 2018. Even if there are LDT, I don't want to end up some hundred meters away from the stage looking at the screen more than watching the band play.

I would do the lucky dip, but yes, it all started with the "tongue pit". On Bigger Bang, most of the FOS areas were reasonably priced, and in many cities, you didn't really have to line up. Just go a few minutes before gates opened and you ended up very close to the stage or the rail. But those days are gone.

In 1990 the Stones played 10 shows in 2 weeks at Tokyo Dome. I went to 8 of them - the Tokyo Dome was 15 minutes from my office, so every other day for two weeks, I would get on the subway after work and see the Stones. It was such an amazing experience I went into a deep depression when it ended. Total cost - about $592, or less than the price of one pit ticket today.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home