Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:20

Well said, sjs. I wouldn't dream of throwing a ticket away without doing my best to find someone who could use it.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:22

mikehat
sjs12
mikehat
lenurb
[tickets.axs.com]

Doesn't work sadly. none available.

Some available now. You just need to keep trying.

Try this link rather than AXS direct:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edit: I just checked the original link and it works with LD tickets still available.

I've tried that too.
It has a working link, but when you click "find tickets" it says none available at that price point.

Ah OK. In which case keep trying and good luck. Or maybe see if anyone is throwing away some ticets and arrange to be next to the bins when they do confused smiley

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:24

sjs12
mikehat
sjs12
mikehat
lenurb
[tickets.axs.com]

Doesn't work sadly. none available.

Some available now. You just need to keep trying.

Try this link rather than AXS direct:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edit: I just checked the original link and it works with LD tickets still available.

I've tried that too.
It has a working link, but when you click "find tickets" it says none available at that price point.

Ah OK. In which case keep trying and good luck. Or maybe see if anyone is throwing away some ticets and arrange to be next to the bins when they do confused smiley

That's plan B! grinning smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 31, 2018 17:28

sjs12

However, I hate people talking about throwing away tickets when I know people who would dearly love to see the Stones but simply do not have enough money. £30 might be nothing to some people but to people who can't afford to feed their families it is too much.

If you have spare tickets, go out into the crowd outside and make someone's day.

I absolutely agree with this - but it can be hard to find people without a ticket at the stadium. At London 1, I tried to give my nosebleeds away and couldn't find anyone who wanted them!

syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 17:28 by syrel.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 00:14

sjs12
Tekumseh
Me and my girl got only GA in Lucky Dip London 2.
From the beginning we ordered good seats, but when the LD came out at that price we bought them too. We ended up at our seats and throwed the GA tickets away.

The thing with Lucky Dips is that they are half the price of the cheapest "regular" ticket for the show (£60 for two lucky dips vs. £60 per seat at the very back of the stadium). On that basis, every lucky dip ticket is a winner. And particularly so at places like Southampton and Coventry which are so small that the entire stadium is like the golden circle.

However, I hate people talking about throwing away tickets when I know people who would dearly love to see the Stones but simply do not have enough money. £30 might be nothing to some people but to people who can't afford to feed their families it is too much.

If you have spare tickets, go out into the crowd outside and make someone's day. Be kind - just make sure you're not giving them out to a scalper who'll profit from your generosity. Or why not put a message up on this site so you know only real fans will benefit. Just don't throw them away!

thumbs up

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 1, 2018 16:13

They are super good value no doubt. I have em for Manchester, however if I get stuck with seats (which knowing my rotten luck I will) I have no intention of using them. Will try and upgrade if i can. I'm not above begging ! But if no joy and anyone here ends up with a spare field ticket they will sell/swap that will make me happy.

Date: June 1, 2018 20:12

How does that upgrade thing work

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 1, 2018 20:21

PaintMonkeyManBlack

wait for the security to look the other way

Date: June 1, 2018 20:28

slewan
PaintMonkeyManBlack

wait for the security to look the other way
But gc has another entry and i bet security at entrence will be tight

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 1, 2018 22:01

yeah my experience of stadium gigs in Manchester is that security is pretty damn strict. You can sometimes try and change your tickets at the box office or customer service desk. Always worth asking, they might take pitty on you

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 1, 2018 22:29

satisfaction2
sjs12
Tekumseh
...and throwed the GA tickets away.

If you have spare tickets, go out into the crowd outside and make someone's day. Be kind - just make sure you're not giving them out to a scalper who'll profit from your generosity. Or why not put a message up on this site so you know only real fans will benefit. Just don't throw them away!

thumbs up
The thing is that you can not enter with LD-tickets without the LD-stamp on your hand, so there was no point in giving them away. And of course I didn't want to give away our good seat-tickets.

I still got the LD-tickets in my "ticket collection", we didn't throw them away -wrong choice of words- but we didn't use them.

Put it up this way - I gave £60 extra for the show :-) About 3,5 % of that the whole weekend costed in plane, hotel, food and so on.

Date: June 1, 2018 22:33

I have been to three shows on this leg of the tour and nobody ever wanted to see the LD stamp on my hand. At all these shows people with either GC or pit tickets got GC wristbands at the entrance. The pit wristbands were handed out at the entrance of the pit. Thus: in case you make it to the GC you might find a way to get into the pit…

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 1, 2018 22:35

Tekumseh

The thing is that you can not enter with LD-tickets without the LD-stamp on your hand, so there was no point in giving them away.

Did this happen to you? It's the first I've heard of this kind of thing. It didn't happen to me at London 1 - no one checked my hand stamp, and the ticket office allowed me to pick up my pair without my friend there, so he wouldn't have had a stamp anyway.

syrel

Date: June 1, 2018 23:52

syrel
Tekumseh

The thing is that you can not enter with LD-tickets without the LD-stamp on your hand, so there was no point in giving them away.

Did this happen to you? It's the first I've heard of this kind of thing. It didn't happen to me at London 1 - no one checked my hand stamp, and the ticket office allowed me to pick up my pair without my friend there, so he wouldn't have had a stamp anyway.

syrel

Same here, I wasn't aware of anyone looking for the handstamp, and at both London shows and Southampton we only had to show our tickets once. Plus we were running late at Southampton so I went ahead to get the LD tickets alone while my companion found somewhere to park. No problems at all.

Date: June 2, 2018 00:19

slewan
I have been to three shows on this leg of the tour and nobody ever wanted to see the LD stamp on my hand. At all these shows people with either GC or pit tickets got GC wristbands at the entrance. The pit wristbands were handed out at the entrance of the pit. Thus: in case you make it to the GC you might find a way to get into the pit…
Yes now find someone in edinburgh who can help me winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 2, 2018 00:20

If I had spare tickets to give away then I would simply look for the touts and wait to find someone asking touts for tickets then give the person a free ticket and reduce the touts income at the same time.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 2, 2018 01:20

Nate
If I had spare tickets to give away then I would simply look for the touts and wait to find someone asking touts for tickets then give the person a free ticket and reduce the touts income at the same time.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I like thst thinking grinning smiley

Date: June 2, 2018 10:43

Nate

and maybe reduce the number of your teeth at the very same time…

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: June 2, 2018 11:24

Hi, i'm trying to buy LD for Cardiff which seem to be available on www.rollingstones.com, but once i selected,it says "no seats were found..."

Do you think there will be some LD in the next days on sell again?

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 2, 2018 13:04

Just keep trying!

Date: June 2, 2018 13:36

I'm hoping against hope that there might be some late LDs for Twickenham, or that some kind soul will have a spare.

Posted by: HB93NL ()
Date: June 2, 2018 14:37

Bought ld for coventry but there are 1700 envelopes . Pulled seats so thats not great, anyone got spars?

Posted by: JoolsH ()
Date: June 2, 2018 14:45

Phew. Saw both London shows and now pining for more so we have Lucky Dips for Cardiff. Wish we were at Coventry tonight too. Happy Birthday Charlie!!! After Cardiff we have one more show, Twickenham GA. Now wish we could swap for 2 LDs and I know it's pot luck but after 2 nights in GC.. would love to see one Pit show! Been a fan for over 30 years & had a very bad year last year, but just can't afford £400! Y'all order as the only LDs now available are Cardiff (already secured those) so if anyone wants to meet at Twickenham for a swap can you please PM me? Have a great show all at Coventry today!!!

Posted by: JoolsH ()
Date: June 2, 2018 14:49

That should have said tall order not y'all order. Predictive text. Bah.

Anyway, 2 GA swap for 2 LDs which could be nosebleed seats, but!!! Twickenham show.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 2, 2018 15:34

What's the biggest stadium their playing is it twickenham

Posted by: WarrenB70 ()
Date: June 2, 2018 17:16

My wife taking her Dad to the show today just pulled Block 34 Row T - They travelled from Cambridgeshire to try and get good LD's like I did in Southampton!

So gutted for them - but congrats to the guys behind them in the que who got Pit B!

Apparently the envelopes are being handed over specifically from the counter rather than picking them...

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 2, 2018 18:09

Block 25 for me, handed from top of pile

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 11:58

On my 6th Lucky Dip, accompanied by my sister attending her 1st ever Stones gig...

NO FILTER PIT A !!!!!!

Didn’t think I’d ever experience it but it finally happened.

Collected our tickets at 5.30. I sank to my knees when I opened my envelope and let out a huge squawk of joy. My sister says my reaction was something to behold and claims I started to well up. She’s winding me up though. She enjoyed herself and nearly bought a Stones Tee but baulked at the prices. The drive to and from the show from Nottingham was horrendous and I’m glad I wasn’t driving.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 3, 2018 12:04

grzegorz67
On my 6th Lucky Dip, accompanied by my sister attending her 1st ever Stones gig...

NO FILTER PIT A !!!!!!

Collected our tickets at 5.30. I sank to my knees when I opened my envelope and let out a huge squawk of joy. My sister says my reaction was something to behold and claims I started to well up. She’s winding me up though. She enjoyed herself and nearly bought a Stones Tee but baulked at the prices. The drive to and from the show from Nottingham was horrendous and I’m glad I wasn’t driving.
Really pleased for you mate! That’s great :-)

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 3, 2018 12:12

grzegorz67

NO FILTER PIT A !!!!!!

So pleased for you. You cant always get what you want,..but if try six times you get what you need.smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home