Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738
Current Page: 38 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 15, 2018 00:21

grzegorz67
Nate
flairville
There were also lots of casual fans in Gold Circle who actually had Pit wristbands on but didn’t know how it worked. I directed loads from Gold Circle in Cardiff but gave up in the end as there were too many.

I had a spare pit ticket for the show in Cardiff and I couldn't even give it away for free.

Nate

I know sad smiley Charlie’s mate ( grinning smiley )tried to message me about it but couldn’t because I had no mobile data. Did it still go a begging in the end ?

Unfortunately yes it didn't get used.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-16 19:15 by Nate.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: July 16, 2018 16:49

slewan
ttutone
I think I am posting this to relieve some angst that I have been feeling since I returned from the UK. Not looking for sympathy...just a statement.

I have done the Lucky Dip option many times going back to the 50 and Counting tour when they were first introduced. I always though that at least once I would get pit. Nope. Never even got GC.

I went early, I went late, I went alone, I went with various women...

Yes, I self upgraded sometimes to some decent places, but just wanted to get Lucky at least once.

Don't get me wrong. The shows were still a blast, but after Twickenham I felt really bummed. Especially when I read of all the luck of others. I am happy for the lucky don't get me wrong. Just thought I would be one once.

Just a thought. Thanks for reading and hoping for the next toursmiling smiley

keep on trying – and: pick out concerts with very high ticket prices that take place in rather poor cities. By doing so you will increase your chances to get to the pit. (Berlin is a good example – the city is poor ("poor but sexy" is their inofficial slogan) and pit tickets were 799 Euro. The result was: nearly every Lucky Dipper got pit tickets)

Thanks for the input. Hopefully we all get another shot!

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: July 16, 2018 16:51

PaintMonkeyManBlack
grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Sorry that you where not lucky. But to be lucky there are other people who will not be lucky. But in fact everybody is lucky to get such a cheap ticket. Some people are just luckier than others.

And several people are repeatedly “lucky”, to a degree that is a statistical impossibility without intervention. Good for them, but it makes the whole thing a farce. My guess is that ttutone’s story is not rare. I really wish it was completely random so that it all balanced out a bit more fairly because the result is that those who end up with rubbish seats which would otherwise go unsold altogether are simply subsidising other people’s enjoyment.
The system is not waterproof. Everybody knows this. There are ways to get in the pit without having a pit ticket. Its not difficould to figure out.

Altough this does not affect your lucky dip chances. There is just no way the local staff are selective to the same people over and over. Dont you think if anyone had that influence they would get pit tickets from other sources than lucky dip.

Hey. Out of curiosity PaintMonkeyManBlack What is your secret for finding your way to the pit? Cheers and thanks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738
Current Page: 38 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home