Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 37 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: July 9, 2018 10:27

G21 - seats like most of Lucky Dip

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 9, 2018 14:19

Mostly there was tribune, I got one but changed for GA with some man. I saw that maybe three people get pit this time. In Prague I got pit B, this time GA was great too, because stage wasn't so far and was much smaller than in Spielberg for example smiling smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 14:21

We got Pit A. What a party! Many VIPs.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 21:49

Had GA in Warszawa

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 12, 2018 10:55

warsaw:

we got 2x GA and 2x G21-seats,

then we changed G21 to GA with a fan,

at least ,when we stayed in the back of GA for some time, a stuff member gave us wristbands for Golden Circle smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-12 10:56 by austrianstones.

Date: July 12, 2018 10:57

So, a great year for the dippers.

Thank you Rolling Stones ! PIT B Edinburgh was awesome. Lifetime memory

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 12, 2018 20:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack

smileys with beer

A smashing success it seems! smileys with beerThe LDs are so awesome and seem to be for real fans who want to go but not spend a kabillion EurosDollars. I think it is very kind of The Stones to do this... and yadda yadda I know I see naysayers always come in after I say that and blah blah it is a business thing... but I dont see other bands doing it... I think The Stones do it for the good fans.

Re: Lucky Dips tickets 20
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 12, 2018 23:24

Leonioid
PaintMonkeyManBlack

smileys with beer

A smashing success it seems! smileys with beerThe LDs are so awesome and seem to be for real fans who want to go but not spend a kabillion EurosDollars. I think it is very kind of The Stones to do this... and yadda yadda I know I see naysayers always come in after I say that and blah blah it is a business thing... but I dont see other bands doing it... I think The Stones do it for the good fans.

They do. But it is far from being a random draw. A select group of the same people seem to get Pits every night or nearly every night. Only Once these people have been taken care of, is the draw random.

I’ve seen 16 shows out of 28 on the No Filter Tour, parts 1 and 2, 11 being lucky Dip. The final score:

2 Pits - Coventry & Manchester
4 GA (one of which was terrible - Prague) : Paris 1 & 2, London 1 & Prague.
5 nosebleeds.

Of the 5 nosebleeds, 1 was upgraded by the LD Office to GC (London 2)
I sneaked past security into a very good GA spot in Cardiff from an awful nosebleed specifically chosen for me and handed to me unenveloped)
I was given a spare Pit by a fellow IORRian (Twickenham)
1 was Southampton, a small stadium so every seat not too bad really.
1 was Edinburgh - a huge stadium and quite far back but okayish.

Prague was the poorest experience by a mile - hot, dusty venue had an attack of hay fever, stupid pay band system, Miles from stage.

Best was Coventry - Pit A, cheapest ticket of the tour and I took my sister to her 1st ever show (very few Dippers got Pits there and she’s easy on the eye so I reckon it was down to her).

Overall, worth it of course, but if you’re not one of the looked after elite, then you have to be patient and prepared for the odd bad ticket, as well as sniff around for opportunities of an upgrade.

Poster Nate, who I’ve met a few times astutely said a while back that gamblers never talk about their losses and people are quicker to tell you good news than bad on LDs. Lots of LD tickets are bad, this was certainly the case at Twickenham.

I personally would prefer LDs to be totally random to give everyone a fair chance of Pit or GC but they clearly aren’t.

It’s certainly the case that people were getting into Pit and GC without tickets for those sections - Pit was packed at London 2 and Manchester yet there was plenty of space in Coventry.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 12, 2018 23:29

you should have come to Berlin – where everybody who didn't come too late got pit tickets (after more than an hour after the began handing out LDs the were still handing out pit tickets!)

Date: July 12, 2018 23:49

slewan
you should have come to Berlin – where everybody who didn't come too late got pit tickets (after more than an hour after the began handing out LDs the were still handing out pit tickets!)

I read about it on here. Unfortunately, word got round and loads of people turned up early at the LD office in Stuttgart and there was chaos and pushing in. I know someone who saw 2 women punching each other!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 12, 2018 23:55

grzegorz67
slewan

I read about it on here. Unfortunately, word got round and loads of people turned up early at the LD office in Stuttgart and there was chaos and pushing in. I know someone who saw 2 women punching each other!

I believe that incident was due to an argument regarding the set list.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Date: July 13, 2018 00:00

Nate
grzegorz67
slewan

I believe that incident was due to an argument regarding the set list.

Nate >grinning smiley<

grinning smiley

Like they were in any position to influence it! 18 songs out of 19 were fixed by then anyway and the song vote's about as democratic as a Russian Election. Do you know anyone who saw it????

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 13, 2018 01:21

I was very lucky - I had lucky dips that I used for four shows and ended up with pit B each time, even though each scenario was quite different. At one of the shows, I was simply handed an envelope. At another, I was asked to pick an envelope at random. At another, I was given a pair of the many pit tickets being handed out from a pile (no envelopes). And at another I was asked what kind of ticket I wanted and voiced my preference.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: July 13, 2018 09:27

Beast
I was very lucky - I had lucky dips that I used for four shows and ended up with pit B each time, even though each scenario was quite different. At one of the shows, I was simply handed an envelope. At another, I was asked to pick an envelope at random. At another, I was given a pair of the many pit tickets being handed out from a pile (no envelopes). And at another I was asked what kind of ticket I wanted and voiced my preference.

I like that last option :-)

sjouke

Date: July 13, 2018 12:47

grzegorz67
slewan

I've been there – it was chaotic and dangerous. I got GC seats very close to the pit rail on Keith's side. But by using an old pit wristband I made it to the pit

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: July 13, 2018 16:59

I think I am posting this to relieve some angst that I have been feeling since I returned from the UK. Not looking for sympathy...just a statement.

I have done the Lucky Dip option many times going back to the 50 and Counting tour when they were first introduced. I always though that at least once I would get pit. Nope. Never even got GC.

I went early, I went late, I went alone, I went with various women...

Yes, I self upgraded sometimes to some decent places, but just wanted to get Lucky at least once.

Don't get me wrong. The shows were still a blast, but after Twickenham I felt really bummed. Especially when I read of all the luck of others. I am happy for the lucky don't get me wrong. Just thought I would be one once.

Just a thought. Thanks for reading and hoping for the next toursmiling smiley

Date: July 13, 2018 17:20

Sorry that you where not lucky. But to be lucky there are other people who will not be lucky. But in fact everybody is lucky to get such a cheap ticket. Some people are just luckier than others.

Date: July 13, 2018 17:53

ttutone
I think I am posting this to relieve some angst that I have been feeling since I returned from the UK. Not looking for sympathy...just a statement.

I have done the Lucky Dip option many times going back to the 50 and Counting tour when they were first introduced. I always though that at least once I would get pit. Nope. Never even got GC.

I went early, I went late, I went alone, I went with various women...

Yes, I self upgraded sometimes to some decent places, but just wanted to get Lucky at least once.

Don't get me wrong. The shows were still a blast, but after Twickenham I felt really bummed. Especially when I read of all the luck of others. I am happy for the lucky don't get me wrong. Just thought I would be one once.

Just a thought. Thanks for reading and hoping for the next toursmiling smiley

keep on trying – and: pick out concerts with very high ticket prices that take place in rather poor cities. By doing so you will increase your chances to get to the pit. (Berlin is a good example – the city is poor ("poor but sexy" is their inofficial slogan) and pit tickets were 799 Euro. The result was: nearly every Lucky Dipper got pit tickets)

Date: July 13, 2018 21:29

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Sorry that you where not lucky. But to be lucky there are other people who will not be lucky. But in fact everybody is lucky to get such a cheap ticket. Some people are just luckier than others.

And several people are repeatedly “lucky”, to a degree that is a statistical impossibility without intervention. Good for them, but it makes the whole thing a farce. My guess is that ttutone’s story is not rare. I really wish it was completely random so that it all balanced out a bit more fairly because the result is that those who end up with rubbish seats which would otherwise go unsold altogether are simply subsidising other people’s enjoyment.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 13, 2018 21:36

At Twickenham they let me swap my envelope over 20 times and they were all Mid tier or Lower tier. Found a way into the Pit though and so did a few others!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 13, 2018 21:48

grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack

And several people are repeatedly “lucky”, to a degree that is a statistical impossibility without intervention. Good for them, but it makes the whole thing a farce. My guess is that ttutone’s story is not rare. I really wish it was completely random so that it all balanced out a bit more fairly because the result is that those who end up with rubbish seats which would otherwise go unsold altogether are simply subsidising other people’s enjoyment.

Not sure what type of "intervention" you are referring to (?) but it seemsthe ones that have been repeatedly lucky are ones that have also learned to put themselves in the best possible position to be so. From choosing concerts with low pit sales, to engaging the ticket attendant trying to win their favor, to assessing what other fans were getting at the box office and lining up accordingly in addition to buying multiple pairs etc.

After trying Lucky Dips on many shows since their initial offering, I finally scored my first Pit in Manchester. While not all shows may be completely random in the way they distribute them- most are, making the overall process (nearly 100%) completely random. When you consider the amount of pit tickets vs the amount of GA and nosebleeds left unsold, it's no surprise that the majority of fans get the latter. Randomly.

Date: July 13, 2018 22:05

flairville
At Twickenham they let me swap my envelope over 20 times and they were all Mid tier or Lower tier. Found a way into the Pit though and so did a few others!

grinning smiley smileys with beer

Date: July 13, 2018 22:47

grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack

The system is not waterproof. Everybody knows this. There are ways to get in the pit without having a pit ticket. Its not difficould to figure out.

Altough this does not affect your lucky dip chances. There is just no way the local staff are selective to the same people over and over. Dont you think if anyone had that influence they would get pit tickets from other sources than lucky dip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-13 22:49 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: July 13, 2018 23:19

PaintMonkeyManBlack
There is just no way the local staff are selective to the same people over and over.

most likely you are right – although there might be some exceptions: good looking blonde girls (rather rare in LD queue), model-look-a-like-guys (rare, too) etc.
I neiter female, nor blonde, nor looking like a model, nor young etc etc and I still got very good results with mit LD (and I'm not too charming either)

Date: July 14, 2018 20:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack

The system is not waterproof. Everybody knows this. There are ways to get in the pit without having a pit ticket. Its not difficould to figure out.

Altough this does not affect your lucky dip chances. There is just no way the local staff are selective to the same people over and over. Dont you think if anyone had that influence they would get pit tickets from other sources than lucky dip.

You have a fair point about people getting into better sections than their original tickets permitted. Pit B at London Show 2 was absolutely ridiculous. I was at the front of GC, right in at the corner and it looked packed. At Manchester, I was legitimately in Pit B with a Lucky Dip and the section filled further as the show progressed.

I am also aware of a number of venues allowing early arrivals to GA into GC - Edinburgh and Manchester amongst them. After the show began in Dublin, I read they were letting people into GC from GA. I was front row there with a great view and crowd around me so happy to stay there. Finding empty seats further forward seems to be quite easy too - known as ‘self upgrading’.

And the usual bit of crew members handing out GC & Pits to those of their choosIng.

Date: July 14, 2018 21:36

There were also lots of casual fans in Gold Circle who actually had Pit wristbands on but didn’t know how it worked. I directed loads from Gold Circle in Cardiff but gave up in the end as there were too many.

Date: July 14, 2018 21:50

flairville
There were also lots of casual fans in Gold Circle who actually had Pit wristbands on but didn’t know how it worked. I directed loads from Gold Circle in Cardiff but gave up in the end as there were too many.

And in so doIng, they self DOWNGraded!! That’s just bonkers. Cardiff was the one show where I managed to self upgrade - by sneaking past security into GA after getting s crappy nosebleed for LD. Achieved an hour after the place opened and I got 2nd row Keith’s side where the rail bent towards the stage.

Date: July 14, 2018 22:03

Perfect! There’s always a way!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 15, 2018 00:10

flairville

I had a spare pit ticket for the show in Cardiff and I couldn't even give it away for free.

Nate

Date: July 15, 2018 00:15

Nate
flairville

I had a spare pit ticket for the show in Cardiff and I couldn't even give it away for free.

Nate

I know sad smiley Charlie’s mate ( grinning smiley )tried to message me about it but couldn’t because I had no mobile data. Did it still go a begging in the end ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 37 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home