Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 36 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 4, 2018 21:25

You can exit.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 4, 2018 21:52

Could someone explain what it means to top up the wristbands, if you had Lucky Dip and landed in the Pit?
Didn't you already pay for the LDs? (Sorry if i missed that somewhere.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 5, 2018 04:42

The RFID wristband can be loaded up with money to purchase drink, food, merchandise , should make paying quicker and saves staff looking for change.

Some places like a cashless bar not just for change but hygiene, money is covered in germs and handling food or drink and money are not a good combination.

The Idea is good when it works but there is usually a minimum amount you can load up on to it,also if you have money left at the end you either got to try spend it unless its over x amount then you can get some of it back but there is usually a charge.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 5, 2018 07:05

maxx
The RFID wristband can be loaded up with money to purchase drink, food, merchandise , should make paying quicker and saves staff looking for change.

Some places like a cashless bar not just for change but hygiene, money is covered in germs and handling food or drink and money are not a good combination.

The Idea is good when it works but there is usually a minimum amount you can load up on to it,also if you have money left at the end you either got to try spend it unless its over x amount then you can get some of it back but there is usually a charge.

Entered late and didn’t take part. My friend did and the queues for food and drink were very slow. In fact the queues for most things were very slow. Absolutely no idea why they couldn’t just accept contactless debit card payment when the country is already very well geared up for that. A thoroughly pointless overcomplication.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 5, 2018 10:23

In Prague there was nothing random with the LD collection. When I arrived (relatively late, i.e. 16.30) they just had a bag with GA wristbands and that is was everybody did get. Anybody with better results?
For me it was the worst for this year (after having been to the pit for five shows)

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: July 5, 2018 10:46

slewan
In Prague there was nothing random with the LD collection. When I arrived (relatively late, i.e. 16.30) they just had a bag with GA wristbands and that is was everybody did get. Anybody with better results?
For me it was the worst for this year (after having been to the pit for five shows)

I was lucky with my friend. We got No Filter Pit A cool smiley

Date: July 5, 2018 11:17

slewan

Yes, me and my friend plus a few others got Pit B at around 18:15 after having complained for a long time about them not having anything else than GA left. Of course both sides of the table bent the rules here but hey, you gotta try. By that point I also saw some LD people get the red RFID bands = Front of Stage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-05 11:18 by Topi.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 5, 2018 15:19

Me and my friend get Pit B, but there was such a mess with picking "at random". This box was full of GA and FOS, crew said to pull two pieces of paper with name of sectors on it. Crew was young and didn't get the idea of Lucky Dip, so.. But ended in Pit B. I don't know if you noticed it - why there was so many people in Pit with wristbands from other sectors, it was looking like they were upgraded by somebody to get to the Pit. It was happening in past somewhere?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 5, 2018 15:48

I watched some of the show by pit b....Stones had lot's of guest...Alot

Date: July 5, 2018 16:05

Yes B was packed. And yes I saw people with yellow GA RFID bands in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-05 16:15 by Topi.

Date: July 5, 2018 16:25

They all had different wristband's and wearing either guest pass/vip/ or other's

Date: July 5, 2018 16:32

Yep. Lots of comps.

Date: July 5, 2018 16:37

mikey C
They all had different wristband's and wearing either guest pass/vip/ or other's

Hi Mikey,

Good to meet you on the 25 tram last night after the big squash in the Metro. I get the feeling nearly everyone got GA with Lucky Dips apart from a few exceptions. I didn’t enter until after 7 although I was outside for about an hour before. I wasn’t keen on the Support Acts at all. As a result, I got a very bad spot and saw very little. What fool decided to have no toilets outside the entrance ??

Date: July 5, 2018 22:43

maxx, and others, thanks for answering about the topping up the bands.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 5, 2018 22:43

maxx, and others, thanks for answering about the topping up the bands with money.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 6, 2018 03:42

Hope you made the Bus......on to the next one....!!!!!!

Date: July 6, 2018 11:03

mikey C
Hope you made the Bus......on to the next one....!!!!!!

Hi Mikey, I caught it by the tip of its tail. 3 hours sleep, up and packed in a mad rush and luckily the bus was still boarding when I arrived at Florenc. I asked some locals the way when I got off the tram at Florenc in Polish, which I know is similar to Czech and I speak a bit. They correctly directed me there. What relief that was. I crashed out as soon as I got here in Warsaw and slept through to 6. Coach to Warsaw was full and all the later coaches were fully booked so good job!

Date: July 6, 2018 11:13

Good on you...You were dealt a good hand...Have a great one in Warsaw!!!!!! you dipping this one?...Check out the old town today... beautiful...Reconstructed as good as they could after WW2.... Weather good?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:35

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 11:36 by MAF.

Date: July 6, 2018 12:22

mikey C
Good on you...You were dealt a good hand...Have a great one in Warsaw!!!!!! you dipping this one?...Check out the old town today... beautiful...Reconstructed as good as they could after WW2.... Weather good?

I’ve been visiting Warsaw for 23 years Mikey and know it well. It’s like a 2nd home to me, though This is my 1st time in 4 years. The weather is warm and sunny here and I’ll venture out soon and stroll around and enjoy it, Old Town included. I’m staying right in the centre so I can get to everything easily.

Shock, horror - I am in full price Gold Standing this time. I don’t think this will be a good show for Dippers as it seems to be genuinely sold out.

Date: July 6, 2018 14:05

Last gig of the tour so will be a popular one!

Date: July 6, 2018 14:10

Manofwealthandtaste
Last gig of the tour so will be a popular one!

It is. Most of my Polish friends are going. The landlady of my Airbnb is going. Local interest is huge and the last night of the tour is always a USP.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 6, 2018 14:17

Topi

I saw a stage tech giving out pit wristbands to pretty girls in GA smiling smiley

Date: July 6, 2018 14:36

OK so same thing as in Stuttgart.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 6, 2018 15:02

unfortunately, I was not lucky enough to get THE PIT - Holy Grail, but then again, the fact that I am in Prague at THE STONES show was incredible...

I just hope, that it will be one more chance for me in the future, and this time to actually buy the f**** PIT ticket ,even if I would have to get another bank loan....

IT'S THE STONES , MAN !!!!!!

Date: July 6, 2018 15:48

Adams
Topi

I saw a stage tech giving out pit wristbands to pretty girls in GA smiling smiley

Surprise surprise!

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 6, 2018 17:35

So if show is sold out - it means that what I likely get from LD? grinning smiley

Date: July 6, 2018 18:45

Not necessarily.

Date: July 9, 2018 10:07

Warsaw ?

Posted by: MWasilewski ()
Date: July 9, 2018 10:11

I picked up around noon, sealed envelopes, lady at the counter picked, not me. I had General Admission.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 36 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home