Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 34 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 20:30

What are people’s experiences of buying Lucky Dips in numbers other than 2? I did this for 4 shows - singles for London 1 & 2 plus Cardiff and 3 for Twickenham. I think this made for the poorest likely LD outcone, particularly for men.

I got GA for London 1 and nosebleeds for the other 3, but upgraded to GC, GA and Pit B respectively for the 3 nosebleeds.

For my 4 purchased in pairs, I got Pit A, Pit B and side seats (Southampton and Edinburgh).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 15:26 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 23, 2018 20:33

syrel
Unfortunately not: I do have tickets for Prague (GC) and Warsaw (pit) but am having to cancel.

I don't want to make it sound like I had a bad tour; I just didn't get lucky with the LDs. Out of 6 pairs, I got seats 5 times and only got in the pit at Cardiff because I begged the woman the at the counter. It felt to me, from reading the forums, there was a much higher chance of getting bad seats from the LDs in 2018 than 2017. And, while there is a part of me that can say 'it's still half the price of any other ticket', it can still feel a bit of a let down when you've been hoping for the pit all day.

syrel
Cardiff must have been an amazing show to experience from the Pit!
That was the show I pulled GA Pitch, and I believe the best show of my mini-tour. Sorry you have to cancel the others.
Should start a thread to thank everyone for all the help pulling off the fantastic trip I just had, but want to thank you in particular.
Your train/coach/etc help and advise was invaluable! Made it (fairly) easy to navigate around the UK! Thank you.

Date: June 23, 2018 22:12

Would be nice to have someone who workd at the ticket counter for inside info. In 2017 i was sure they enveloppes where random. In 2018 in most cases they certainly were not

Date: June 23, 2018 22:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Would be nice to have someone who workd at the ticket counter for inside info. In 2017 i was sure they enveloppes where random. In 2018 in most cases they certainly were not

I agree. I know of at least 2 individuals who score Pit every time without fail with LD and I’m pretty sure I know who pulls the strings for them too. At Southampton and Edinburgh I was offered a fan of envelopes from which to choose one. My feeling is that all the pairs in these envelopes were of a similar standard of nosebleed seat and it was all done to give the semblance of a random draw and they had different fans of envelopes to offer to those deemed Pitworthy.

At London 1, London 2, Coventry, Manchester and Twickenham, I was handed a single envelope picked out by the staff member.

The worst was Cardiff where an un-enveloped single nosebleed ticket was specifically chosen and handed to me after I was asked if alone.

Posted by: jezz99 ()
Date: June 24, 2018 14:21

This is a really interesting thread, i.e. random/fixed distribution. I'm more of a casual fan and I got 2 pairs of LDs, thanks to a heads-up from a friend who's a bigger fan. For Southampton we got there quite early & got 2 x Pit A which was great, and for Twickenham I took my son to his 1st Stones show and we got Gold Circle which was very good too. For Southampton we too were given a fan of envelopes to pick from, for Twickenham we were given an unsealed envelope with no ID required, and 2 girls just in front of us had got nosebleed seats and were quite upset. I wish I had done more shows now, but maybe there will be more next year? Great value anyhow, really enjoyed the shows.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 24, 2018 15:20

jezz99
This is a really interesting thread, i.e. random/fixed distribution. I'm more of a casual fan and I got 2 pairs of LDs, thanks to a heads-up from a friend who's a bigger fan. For Southampton we got there quite early & got 2 x Pit A which was great, and for Twickenham I took my son to his 1st Stones show and we got Gold Circle which was very good too. For Southampton we too were given a fan of envelopes to pick from, for Twickenham we were given an unsealed envelope with no ID required, and 2 girls just in front of us had got nosebleed seats and were quite upset. I wish I had done more shows now, but maybe there will be more next year? Great value anyhow, really enjoyed the shows.

Interesting. We arrived at the boxoffice at Twickenham around 4pm to pick up my pair of Lucky Dips and there were no queue what so ever.Got a SEALED envelope and had to show them both bookingnumber, id and the creditcard used.We got Pit B.

About Berlin, crazy! I was about number 10 in the queue when they opened and everyone in front of me got Pit B and no envelopes, we could choose what ever we wanted, since the ticketlady held the tickets against the window after id was checked.Got Pit B as well and then about 40-50 more people behind us got Pit B as well. Then they started to give out Pit A instead. Totally crazy but the woman behind the window made many fans very happysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 15:21 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: MWasilewski ()
Date: June 24, 2018 15:38

So how early you propose to go and pick up the tickets? As I understand, the sooner the better, but what does it mean? Three hours before the gig? 4?

Date: June 24, 2018 15:45

JumpinJeppeFlash
jezz99

Interesting. We arrived at the boxoffice at Twickenham around 4pm to pick up my pair of Lucky Dips and there were no queue what so ever.Got a SEALED envelope and had to show them both bookingnumber, id and the creditcard used.We got Pit B.

About Berlin, crazy! I was about number 10 in the queue when they opened and everyone in front of me got Pit B and no envelopes, we could choose what ever we wanted, since the ticketlady held the tickets against the window after id was checked.Got Pit B as well and then about 40-50 more people behind us got Pit B as well. Then they started to give out Pit A instead. Totally crazy but the woman behind the window made many fans very happysmiling smiley

At Twickenham I picked mine up about 3.30. Weren’t interested in ID or Card and gave my paperwork a brief glance only. They knew what they were giving me. My section (U14) was full of Dippers.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: June 27, 2018 13:05

Hello,

I am not quite sure now how it was handled in Berlin:

Do Lucky Dippers have to go inside immediately (as they say all the time), or are you free to go in later (as experienced in the UK by myelf).

I read a few different experiences about that point.

Cheers !

Josef

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 27, 2018 13:09

majomuc
Hello,

Do Lucky Dippers have to go inside immediately (as they say all the time), or are you free to go in later (as experienced in the UK by myelf).

Cheers !

Josef

Lieber Josef,

you go in directly. There is no way to leave after you get the tickets.

Cheers
schwanke

Posted by: kwoznica ()
Date: June 27, 2018 13:47

Any reports how successful were dippers in Marseille ? smiling smiley

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: June 27, 2018 13:57

Not very....
Most of us pulled Tribune w far away opposite corner of the stadium.
Seen 3 lucky couples pulling pit
It s all a matter of ....lucky dip

Date: June 27, 2018 14:07

damnation
Not very....
Most of us pulled Tribune w far away opposite corner of the stadium.
Seen 3 lucky couples pulling pit
It s all a matter of ....lucky dip

Thank you for your honesty. We hear plenty from those who pull GC & Pit as they're always quick to tell us about their big wins. But in reality, many, many dippers pull very poor tickets. Almost certainly the majority too.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 27, 2018 14:15

Went in directly in Berlin after you get your ticket.Then you have to go get your wristband right at the entry of The pit....

Date: June 27, 2018 14:25

I think it was well organized in Berlin staff/security/bartender's..etc...Well done Berlin thank you

Date: June 27, 2018 14:50

Thanks for your update.

I wanted to get them quite early to try my luck, but hoped to get a meal with my family before show starts.

If you are forced to get into the stadium immediately, that plan won't work ;-)

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: June 27, 2018 15:35

It's true!!

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 27, 2018 15:48

kwoznica
Any reports how successful were dippers in Marseille ? smiling smiley

I think vast majority were disappointed...expected as Marseille's Pit tix were apparently amongst the cheapest (THE cheapest?) on this tour (287€, vs 799€ in Germany) and so there were fewer pits left for LuckyDippers...

My LD partner had bought several pairs, one of which was Pit A (Ronnie!), so I lucked out immensely!!! Thanks to Ben for making this show the best of my 5 so far!!!

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: June 27, 2018 16:04

schwonek
majomuc
Hello,

Cheers !

Josef

Lieber Josef,

you go in directly. There is no way to leave after you get the tickets.

Cheers
schwanke

It's varied by each show. In Southampton, the LD gate was across the street from
the stadium so they didn't make you go directly into the stadium. In Berlin, the entrance gate was right in front of the LD window, but I left to try to sell an extra GA I had, so they didn't make me go in right away. As for inventory - I got Pit for Southampton and Berlin with LDs. Seemed like lots of people got Pit in Southampton and in Berlin, as others have reported, they had a stack of pits at the pickup window and everyone in line with us got pits - there were no envelopes, they just handed them out. In Southampton, they had me pick an envelope randomly. Last night in Marseilles, I bought a pit ticket during the onsale bc they relatively less expensive and i heard that LDs were getting seats - I assume the pit inventory was lower last night bc of the lower pit price point.

Date: June 27, 2018 16:17

So it seems that not everybody was forced to get inside in Berlin ...

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: June 27, 2018 20:17

In Edinburgh you could pick up your LD tickets from late morning and leave the area completely.

I got mine around 5:00pm and was left to make my own way into the stadium.

Date: June 27, 2018 20:22

GuessWho
In Edinburgh you could pick up your LD tickets from late morning and leave the area completely.

It was the same for all 8 UK shows. I LD'd the lot and wasn't forced to enter immediately at any of them.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 27, 2018 23:06

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Lucky dip allocation is random but that could change in Stuttgart Saturday if you're wearing a South Korea football jersey.

Nate grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 23:07 by Nate.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 27, 2018 23:16

In Berlin nothing was random – nearly everybody got pit (on a 'first come, first serve'-basis). At least for those who arrived before 18.30

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 27, 2018 23:22

grzegorz67
GuessWho

It was the same for all 8 UK shows. I LD'd the lot and wasn't forced to enter immediately at any of them.

Seems only Germany is different.

Date: June 28, 2018 14:48

Very quiet on The Marseille front not to many dipper's there? South of France could not imagine cost of hotel's/beer there ..had perfect weather for the concert nice...

Date: June 28, 2018 15:34

mikey C
Very quiet on The Marseille front not to many dipper's there? South of France could not imagine cost of hotel's/beer there ..had perfect weather for the concert nice...

Dips were only 40EUR each here, the cheapest of the tour after the UK shows. They took a little while to sell out too. The lack of comment suggests that most Dippers did poorly here. Cheapest full price floor tickets of the whole tour were here, probably not leaving much for Dippers.

Date: June 28, 2018 16:21

I had lucky dips for Marseille but then later managed to book a couple of pit tickets. I offered my spare lucky dips on the ticket trader section here but no takers. On the day, I collected the lucky dips anyway and pulled out......a pair of pit tickets!
Happy to report I bumped into a fellow IORR member in the GC and the spare pit tickets did not go to waste!

Re: Lucky Dips tig u ickets 2018
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 29, 2018 11:30

Manofwealthandtaste
I had lucky dips for Marseille but then later managed to book a couple of pit tickets. I offered my spare lucky dips on the ticket trader section here but no takers. On the day, I collected the lucky dips anyway and pulled out......a pair of pit tickets!
Happy to report I bumped into a fellow IORR member in the GC and the spare pit tickets did not go to waste!

Brilliant. And such good karma for future gigs!

Date: June 29, 2018 12:18

Manofwealthandtaste

Well done MOWAT. What goes around generally comes around. In the main, we IORRians look out for each other.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 34 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home