Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 33 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:59

Had ga but self upgraded to Ga nearly as good as pit b

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 21, 2018 12:43

Happy enough with what I'd got on the two shows I went to.

Dublin - doubled up on Lucky Dips with a friend. Mine were OK seats. His were Pit B. Offloaded the pair of seats for about €60, An added bonus was that another friend had VIP passes.

Twickenham - Bought GA's. Friend got Golden Circle in Lucky Dip. We gave both our GA's away to other people I knew who needed them.

Got a phone call on the way to the stadium on Tuesday from a member on here who offered me his spare pit B ticket but I couldn't in all conscience take it as I was already going into the GC area with friends and didn't want to break things up - but I really appreciated the gesture and hope you found someone deserving.

It was great to see so many people helping others out. This is what fan communities are all about.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 21, 2018 12:48

Gazza
It was great to see so many people helping others out. This is what fan communities are all about.
thumbs up

smileys with beer

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 21, 2018 14:02

Yes, we are a family and help each other out!

It all comes back to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-21 14:41 by Topi.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 21, 2018 14:23

In need for one Lucky Dip (2 persons) for Stuttgart,if a friend can help!
Please contact me: rstoned@gmail.com or send message here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-21 14:29 by dimrstone.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2018 21:47

I decided after No Filter Part 1 that I was going to Lucky Dip the whole UK Tour and I did - all 8 shows for less than 3/4 of the price of a single Pit Ticket and that even included giving my spare for Coventry to my sister for free (I'm sure her presence got me my Pit A winking smiley )

At 3 shows out of 8 I greatly improved on my original rubbish ticket - once by "self upgrading" (Side Nosebleed to GA, Cardiff), once by an act of kindness by the LD Ticket Office (side nosebleed to GC, London 2) and once by an out of the blue act of kindness by a fellow IORRian I'd previously met just once (Opposite end nosebleed to Pit).

The Final Score:

3 Pits(Coventry, Manchester & Twickenham), 1 GC (London 2), 2GAs (London 1 & Cardiff), 2 side lower level side seats back past the half way line, which were still okay really (Southampton and Edinburgh). I would have snapped your hand off for that outcome before the tour.

While a few people on here may know me, I am no 'connected' insider whatsoever. Just an ordinary run of the mill fan who's seen the band 35 times since 1990. If you have a Lucky Dip, you're in the door and anything can happen. Always be alert for opportunities and never give up!

I'm taking a break from the tour now with 1 more Dip to go and that's Prague, followed by GC in Warsaw.

Posted by: nano ()
Date: June 22, 2018 20:43

I’ve a spare lucky dip ticket, face value, stheplatz innerraum.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 22, 2018 20:59

Hi all,
I have a spare LD for Marseille, Please contact me if interested:
+41 76 571 8436

sjouke

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 22, 2018 22:13

I know 6 people who had lucky dip tonight for Berlin and they all got pit A

Nate

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 22, 2018 22:21

Nate

Nate

Our Stonestreff member got ALL Pit B in Berlin. About 14 fans

Date: June 22, 2018 22:22

Nate

Nate

I’m pretty sure I know one of them smiling smiley Good on them. That’s what €800 tickets does. The Pit will be an odd mix of full pricers and Dippers here. Berlin isn’t a particularly wealthy city.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 23, 2018 01:02

Thank you Berlin Lucky Dips .... Pit B !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 23, 2018 01:14

everybody must have scored pit in Berlin!!!!

I was one of the frist few to pick up their LDs. There weren`t even envelops - just one pile of tickets. When I saw this my very first tought was that these are all the same tickets. I scored pit B.
They started handing out LDs at 5:15 p.m. I returned to the LD entrance about an hour later to see what people where getting - and believe it or not - people where still getting pit tickets (pit A now).

Thus I wonder if any Lucky Dipper got anything worse than pit.

(btw. the pit was quite full this time)

Posted by: nano ()
Date: June 23, 2018 02:14

I arrive around 19:00 ,and got G.A.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 02:30

I can confirm that at least the first 60 pairs were all Pit B without an envelope. Crazy night for us dippers. Great show!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 23, 2018 02:56

hockenheim95
I can confirm that at least the first 60 pairs were all Pit B without an envelope. Crazy night for us dippers. Great show!

Apart from the IORR people, I just talked with a friend of mine who went to Berlin and was also one of those lucky dippers.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 04:23

Pit A for 4 of us.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 23, 2018 04:59

Fantastic for all the Lucky Dippers!!
The LD to Pit ticket ratio this tour has been epic!

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 12:34

pit B as well. The luckiest man on earth was among You guys grinning smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 23, 2018 13:59

MisterDDDD

Not for all of us eye rolling smiley

Date: June 23, 2018 14:08

syrel
MisterDDDD

Sincerely sorry to hear that, syrel.. Do you still have a show or two left?

Date: June 23, 2018 15:20

syrel
MisterDDDD

Definitely not. Very few LD in Pit At Twickenham I believe. Only those and such as those winking smiley

My strike rate for the U.K. was 2 out of 8, 1 GA and the rest nosebleeds. Some shows definitely better than others for Dippers.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 23, 2018 15:45

I bought lucky dips for shows where I thought the chances of drawing a pit ticket might be better and was lucky that my gamble paid off.

But yes - the lady in the Berlin LD booth was just hugging a wad of tickets and handing them out. I could already see before it was my turn that they had no filter pit written on them. So when my turn came I checked what she was holding before I handed over my ID and was ready to stand back if they weren’t pit tickets. But they were!

Some people even asked them to swap the pit tickets they’d been given for the other side and their requests were fulfilled.

This scenario wasn’t surprising, given the eye-watering cost of a pit ticket. It will be interesting to see if the same happens In Stuttgart.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 23, 2018 15:51

Met up with Mr.Jimmy at 6pm lucky dip's stand had a beer first then went for the Ticket's...BING PIT A....My 2nd show this tour nice changes from Dublin..It was crowded but not to bad.. room to dance..Nice girl from Brazil who flew all the way over..Took the bus back to Prague after at 2am nice and easy....This was the same venue at my 2nd Stones gig June 6th 1990...Prague next....May try to arrange a meet up will keep you posted...

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 23, 2018 15:56

And Once we got the Ticket's we went right in...Lot's of dipper's in Berlin and yes it seemed like everyone was getting Pit's....Big smiles all around Thank you Rolling Stones..And Mr Jimmy had a blast!!!!!

Date: June 23, 2018 16:03

Beast
I bought lucky dips for shows where I thought the chances of drawing a pit ticket might be better and was lucky that my gamble paid off.

But yes - the lady in the Berlin LD booth was just hugging a wad of tickets and handing them out. I could already see before it was my turn that they had no filter pit written on them. So when my turn came I checked what she was holding before I handed over my ID and was ready to stand back if they weren’t pit tickets. But they were!

Some people even asked them to swap the pit tickets they’d been given for the other side and their requests were fulfilled.

This scenario wasn’t surprising, given the eye-watering cost of a pit ticket. It will be interesting to see if the same happens In Stuttgart.

While many Dippers will no doubt get Pits in Stuttgart, I'm pretty sure they'll sell far more at full price there because Stuttgart is a far wealthier city than Berlin. I believe few Dippers got Pit in Dusseldorf last year, also a wealthy city.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 23, 2018 18:49

5 shows in 2018 so far – and made it to the pit at all five

Date: June 23, 2018 19:36

I got two Lucky Dips of the four shows I attended (and bought two GC) and scored Pit once and the box office swapped a not horrible seat in the stands for GA pitch for the other.

The pit was of course fantastic(!!), but I absolutely fell in love with the Golden Circle tix- having never experienced them before.
Being able to see the whole stage, band members, screens, and being closer due to the shorter catwalk stage was fantastic!

The GA pitch was also very impressive as I queued early and got front row there as well. If they bring this tour back to NA, would LOVE to see this seating structure there, but unfortunately not what they do here.. I Would Lucky Dip every show and be happy with the same "worse case scenario" GA standing that I maneuvered on this run.

Date: June 23, 2018 19:43

MisterDDDD
I got two Lucky Dips of the four shows I attended (and bought two GC) and scored Pit once and the box office swapped a not horrible seat in the stands for GA pitch for the other.

The pit was of course fantastic(!!), but I absolutely fell in love with the Golden Circle tix- having never experienced them before.
Being able to see the whole stage, band members, screens, and being closer due to the shorter catwalk stage was fantastic!

The GA pitch was also very impressive as I queued early and got front row there as well. If they bring this tour back to NA, would LOVE to see this seating structure there, but unfortunately not what they do here.. I Would Lucky Dip every show and be happy with the same "worse case scenario" GA standing that I maneuvered on this run.

I like the front of GA. The sound is usually very good there and so too the crowd atmosphere. Pit is excellent of course, but for me, no way worth £435 or even half of that. You can also see the whole stage from GA. If there was no such thing as Lucky Dips, that’s where I’d buy my tickets and I would only go to a handful of shows and not the 8 shows I’ve dipped so far.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 23, 2018 20:04

MisterDDDD
syrel
MisterDDDD

Sincerely sorry to hear that, syrel.. Do you still have a show or two left?

Unfortunately not: I do have tickets for Prague (GC) and Warsaw (pit) but am having to cancel.

I don't want to make it sound like I had a bad tour; I just didn't get lucky with the LDs. Out of 6 pairs, I got seats 5 times and only got in the pit at Cardiff because I begged the woman the at the counter. It felt to me, from reading the forums, there was a much higher chance of getting bad seats from the LDs in 2018 than 2017. And, while there is a part of me that can say 'it's still half the price of any other ticket', it can still feel a bit of a let down when you've been hoping for the pit all day.

syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738Next
Current Page: 33 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home