Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 04:04

Lady Jayne
Everyone around me in Pit B had scored from LD's. I think I was the only idiot who paid full price!

I've had 2 pits out of 7 so far. 1GC, 2GA and 2 side low down seats.

Can't complain, really.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 16, 2018 10:09

Lady Jayne
Everyone around me in Pit B had scored from LD's. I think I was the only idiot who paid full price!

seen those people with the black Stones bags? They payed even more…

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 16, 2018 10:37

I overheard some people in Cardiff saying their buddy picked up his LD tix, didn't like the location, so returned to the window and got a new envelope with pit tickets.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: June 16, 2018 13:43

Does anybody know when I will receive my lucky dip e-tickets for Twickenham?

Date: June 16, 2018 13:51

bertrichards

Never. It was a general message for all ticket buyers. Just print off your confirmation and take photo ID and Psyment Card to the Lucky Dips desk on the day.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 16, 2018 13:56

grzegorz67
crawdaddy
I wish you the very best of luck Gregor in getting into GA or anything more decent than your original LD.

My fingers are crossed for you. thumbs up

grinning smiley I did it thumbs up Took me a wee while to sniff out my chance, but it was my much easier by there being no wristbands for GA tonight. Great show, had fun and about to catch the treacle slow Megabus back to Swindon, arriving 3am but I don't care winking smiley

Had a good feeling you would get GA at least and hope you got a good spot to see the show.

Well done mate............... and more good luck coming your way I'm sure for your next LD gigs. thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 16, 2018 14:00

Got tribune with my LD’s in Cardiff yesterday, together with the good MisterDDD (hope you enjoyed the show, Mike!); but we returned to the ticket office after a while to turn them back in (3 pairs) in exchange for GA field tickets. They happily obliged.

Date: June 16, 2018 14:03

grzegorz67
bertrichards

Never. It was a general message for all ticket buyers. Just print off your confirmation and take photo ID and Psyment Card to the Lucky Dips desk on the day.

Thanks. So easy going this year. Last year in Düsseldorf they sent out a special e-ticket.

Date: June 16, 2018 15:12

DeanGoodman
I overheard some people in Cardiff saying their buddy picked up his LD tix, didn't like the location, so returned to the window and got a new envelope with pit tickets.

I'm pretty sure that this won't work in Germany…

Date: June 16, 2018 16:31

grzegorz67
bertrichards

But the e-Mail with my order confirmation by AXS says: "This e-Mail cannot use for entry"

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 16, 2018 16:56

bertrichards
grzegorz67
bertrichards

But the e-Mail with my order confirmation by AXS says: "This e-Mail cannot use for entry"

You won't be using it for entry. You show it to the staff at the Lucky Dip box office and they will give you hard tickets which you use for entry.

Date: June 16, 2018 17:09

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: June 16, 2018 20:33

did anybody every score reserved seats in the gold circle (Germany only)?

Date: June 16, 2018 21:42

crawdaddy
grzegorz67
crawdaddy
I wish you the very best of luck Gregor in getting into GA or anything more decent than your original LD.

My fingers are crossed for you. thumbs up

grinning smiley I did it thumbs up Took me a wee while to sniff out my chance, but it was my much easier by there being no wristbands for GA tonight. Great show, had fun and about to catch the treacle slow Megabus back to Swindon, arriving 3am but I don't care winking smiley

Had a good feeling you would get GA at least and hope you got a good spot to see the show.

Well done mate............... and more good luck coming your way I'm sure for your next LD gigs. thumbs up

Thank you sir thumbs up. I was 2nd row on Keith’s side over where it bends in sharply towards the stage and front row for rhe last 2 songs. The people around me were excellent- we quickly got chatting and there were lots of first time fans blown away by what they’d seen and heard. Most were Welsh though I had a couple from Vancouver to my right, flying home today.

3 more gigs for me - lucky dipping Twickenham and Prague then full price Gold Standing in Warsaw for the final night of the tour.

Date: June 16, 2018 23:07

Sounds like a night that started off on the wrong foot when you got your LD tix .................turned out to be really great.

You even got to hear and watch that Cloud song for your first time, at the gig . smiling smiley

Dunno if you met a mate of mine, Paul Boyd on the Tour . A real dedicated fan ,like yourself.

He got really lucky meeting Charlie and also Chuck in the VIP area at Cardiff .

Pic is on his Facebook page and he was just in the right place at the right time I guess.

Fans deserve this, but you gotta get lucky to have an experience like that. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 01:25 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 16, 2018 23:20

Charlie's bodyguard said no when the request for a photograph was made but Charlie made the decision to say yes and have the photograph taken.
A great gesture from Charlie.

Nate

Date: June 16, 2018 23:28

Great to hear Nate.

Paul is a great guy and so pleased for him. thumbs up

Date: June 16, 2018 23:41

crawdaddy
Sounds like a night that started off on the wrong foot when you got your LD tix turned out to be really great.

You even got to hear and watch that Cloud song for your first time, at the gig . smiling smiley

Dunno if you met a mate of mine, Paul Boyd on the Tour . A real dedicated fan ,like yourself.

He got really lucky meeting Charlie and also Chuck in the VIP area at Cardiff .

Pic is on his Facebook page and he was just in the right place at the right time I guess.

Fans deserve this, but you gotta get lucky to have an experience like that. smileys with beer

I do indeed know Paul and I’ve heard the whole story and seen the photos. A fabulous story and Paul’s level of dedication far exceeds mine. He’s master of the fine art of what he calls the ‘self upgrade’ in the event of LD tickets turning out to be bad and it was his stories which inspired me to slip into GA grinning smiley GC/Pit would have been a bridge too far, but I’ve always found that if you can somehow manoeuvre yourself into the front and side of GA, where it bends sharply towards the stage, it’s a great place to see the whole stage, while enjoying the party atmosphere in GA and there was plenty of that last night with 1st time fans aplenty grinning from ear to ear.

Date: June 16, 2018 23:48

Nate
Charlie's bodyguard said no when the request for a photograph was made but Charlie made the decision to say yes and have the photograph taken.
A great gesture from Charlie.

Nate

I didn’t know that bit Nate. Charlie just oozes gentlemanly class in everything he does, in the most humble and understated way. The consensus is that he hates being famous, but at the same time, he knows what butters his bread and makes time for the fans. In Edinburgh, Mick referred to him as ‘Bonnie Prince Charlie’.

Date: June 17, 2018 13:12

DeanGoodman

Yep, that was me......a very cool guy at the ticket office gave us the surprise of our lives! The tickets weren't even in an envelope, he just picked a pair up off the table and said "enjoy the gig" .........which we duly did!

Date: June 17, 2018 13:14

Great to hear these Good Luck stories of fans with Lucky Dips. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Date: June 17, 2018 18:57

crawdaddy
Great to hear these Good Luck stories of fans with Lucky Dips. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Some are luckier than others and I am certain that a select few particular individuals who seem to score Pit every show are being looked after. Gender and physical appearance seems to make a difference too. If you were the Stones, why wouldn’t you want a bit of eye candy in the Pit?

That said, if you Dip and I’ve done 7 so far with 2 left then you accept all the vagaries that come with it. So far I’ve had :

London 1 :GA (front row)
London 2 : Nosebleed (upgraded to GC by LD Office so I could join my friends)
Southampton: Side Seats (right) quite far back (level with speaker towers)but good view.
Coventry : Pit A
Manchester: Pit B
Edinburgh : Lower Tier Seats(left) quite far back lower level, good view.
Cardiff: Nosebleed right up in the roof specifically chosen for me after I was asked if I was alone and given out to me un enveloped. However, I sneaked into GA and got 2nd row Keith’s side grinning smiley

At all 7 shows I had fun and on the very cheap. No complaints at all.

Twickenham and Prague remain for Dips then I’m Gold Standing (full price, shock horror) in Warsaw. Strangely I think Warsaw will be tough for Dippers. The show has sold very well and Dips were over €80 each, the most expensive of the tour.

Date: June 17, 2018 20:17

grzegorz67
crawdaddy

Some are luckier than others and I am certain that a select few particular individuals who seem to score Pit every show are being looked after. Gender and physical appearance seems to make a difference too.

As far as I am concerned: I'm neither female, nor blonde (at least not since I was five years old; now I 'm rather getting bald), nor young. And I don't look like a model etc etc. Still I scored pit in Hamburg, Munich, Dublin; GC in London I+II (but made it to the pit)…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 20:18 by slewan.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 18, 2018 12:34

My record so far...

London 1: Pit B (had two pairs (teamed up with someone) other pair were seats)
London 2: Gold Circle
Southampton: Pit B
Coventry: Gold Circle (had two pairs (teamed up with someone)other pair were seats)
Cardiff: Pit A (had 3 pairs, (teamed up with someone) both others were seats)
Twickenham: ???

Managed to sell/recoup some money on the spare pairs so overall I think the LD strategy has been a huge success.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-18 12:35 by GJB.

Date: June 18, 2018 12:38

GJB
My record so far...

London 1: Pit B (had two pairs (teamed up with someone) other pair were seats)
London 2: Gold Circle
Southampton: Pit B
Coventry: Gold Circle (had two pairs (teamed up with someone)other pair were seats)
Cardiff: Pit A (had 3 pairs, (teamed up with someone) both others were seats)
Twickenham: ???

Managed to sell/recoup some money on the spare pairs so overall I think the LD strategy has been a huge success.

If you or anyone else will have spare LDs for Twickenham, I would love to take them off your hands! Would be very grateful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-20 13:28 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 20, 2018 12:32

Any possibility for new Lucky Dips to become available ?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 20, 2018 12:58

dimrstone

I don't think so. Still "sold out" - the LDs.
[www.eventim.de]

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 20, 2018 13:10

schwonek
dimrstone

[www.eventim.de]

True but Pit tickets are still available.
They have to fill the Pit somehow right?
I think there is a chance

Posted by: Hopiman ()
Date: June 20, 2018 13:55

dimrstone
schwonek
dimrstone

[www.eventim.de]

True but Pit tickets are still available.
They have to fill the Pit somehow right?
I think there is a chance

I was hoping for this last year in Hamburg, but it didn't happen.
Surely they've sold enough LDs alreaddy to fill the pit.
If there should be more then only to fill some more of those seats...
But it doesn't make sense really because so few people know of these tickets and there's so many of the (now) cheap tickets left

Date: June 20, 2018 15:50

I was hoping for some late LDs for Twickenham, since Gold Circle was still on sale and there was also a dedicated AXS page for Twickenham LDs right up till yesterday.
But it didn't happen. sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home