Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 11, 2018 03:09

welshphil
Are lucky dips either wristbands or tickets ? Or can they be a combination of both ?
Had Lucky Dips for Manchester and ended with tickets for lower East tier .
Had a great view, also got Luck dip tickets for Cardiff, anyone know if these will be tickets or wristbands ?

Sorry for any confusion caused by my earlier comment about no wristbands. I think the initial instructions may have said that lucky dippers would be given identifying wristbands of some kind. I was referring to those, meaning that they don’t exist. Wristbands are given only to those who show a ticket - either full-price or lucky dip - for pit, GC or GA.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 11, 2018 13:37

At Edinburgh I had a spare LD and was looking for someone to give it to. There was a guy on a corner with an 'I need a ticket' sign, so I gave it to him. He was completely unexcited about this great gift. As soon as I started walking away, I saw a tout come over and take the ticket off him.

I suspected as much - he didn't seem 'right' when I was sizing him up and his response confirmed he wasn't legit. But it was 7.30 and the seat was commercially worthless so I thought 'what the hell, I'll either make someone's day or lose nothing'. Still, it was annoying to be proved right. Just a cautionary tale for others who may have spare LDs.

syrel

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 11, 2018 13:50

I'm really tempted to go Twickenham but the travel is my main worry especially getting home as it's a weekday too I don't have a ticket but I'd happily pay for a spare LD is anyone travelling from Greenwich south east London?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 11, 2018 17:55

Back on for Cardiff...Good luck dipper's a bargain at 30 pound's a ticket!!

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: June 12, 2018 00:41

Does anyone when or where you can pick up your lucky dips for Cardiff and what time!
Ive heard you can pick them up from the Cardiff Blues box office opposite The Angel Hotel , from 10 am onwards..Is this correct ?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:32

mikey C
Back on for Cardiff...Good luck dipper's a bargain at 30 pound's a ticket!!

TVM. I passed this on to a friend who was my LD partner for Southampton and loved his first time Stones gig at approx 60yo. He’s texted me to say he’s snapped up a pair of Dips for himself and his wife thumbs up

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: June 13, 2018 09:41

CARDIFF Luck Dip tickets back on sale NOW - 13 June 07.40 am British Summer Time.

Cheers,
SonicD

Lucky Dip for Cardiff - now availble at AXS
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 11, 2018 17:02

[tickets.axs.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-11 17:17 by slewan.

Re: Lucky Dip for Cardiff - now availble at AXS
Date: June 11, 2018 17:38

useless for my since it is impossible for me to go Cardiff at a reasonable prize (no cheap flights form Germany to Cardiff…)

Date: June 11, 2018 17:48

RS.com has added the link too.
So it's not just a few LD tickets being released…

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 11, 2018 18:09

slewan
useless for my since it is impossible for me to go Cardiff at a reasonable prize (no cheap flights form Germany to Cardiff…)

Direct flight from Munich for 75 euro:

17:35 MUC =» 18:45 CWL

A bit challenging timeframe to get to the stadium in time...
When does the lucky dip collection close?

Date: June 11, 2018 19:11

Stoneswolf
slewan

Direct flight from Munich for 75 euro:

17:35 MUC =» 18:45 CWL

A bit challenging timeframe to get to the stadium in time...
When does the lucky dip collection close?

much too challenging and not really cheap either (since I don't live too close to Munich airport)

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: June 14, 2018 10:39

Can someone tell me where the Box Officeis to remove his lUCKY DIP tickets in Cardiff.
thanks in advance

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 14, 2018 10:55

MRROLLING

Can someone tell me where the Box Office is to remove his lUCKY DIP tickets in Cardiff.

Maybe at the official Box Office? Have a look at the Event & Venue Guide: [www.wru.co.uk] - (PDF).

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: June 14, 2018 18:52

Are the 2 LD tickets Purchased normally seated together or possibly separate locations?
I bought 2 for London only need one now. Can I exchange the two for a single?
Really want a Pit!

Date: June 14, 2018 19:30

leftbank
Are the 2 LD tickets Purchased normally seated together or possibly separate locations?
I bought 2 for London only need one now. Can I exchange the two for a single?
Really want a Pit!

a. usually the seat are together
b. changing two for a single doesn't make sense – it will be easy to find someone who wants the other ticket, try: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 14, 2018 19:55

Leftbank; I will have my friend e-mail you. He is looking for a single LD.

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: June 14, 2018 23:03

Lucky dips to Cardiff available now!!!

Date: June 15, 2018 17:37

A very different sort of Lucky Dip experience here. I went to Box Office B as usual and handed over my paperwork and ID. I was served by a very pleasant fellow Scot who noticed my place of birth in my passport (same as him) and indulged in a bit of friendly chit chat. Off he went to confer with his colleagues and he returned with a single ticket, not marked Lucky Dip or anything and not in an envelope. So it had been chosen for me after a conference of some sort. It is, of course a nosebleed, so far up that I might as well not be there. Plan B coming up....

Date: June 15, 2018 18:12

They want the Scots far up enough so you guys don't cause trouble! winking smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 15, 2018 18:36

We were at the box office around 1 pm. I told the lady that I was unlucky the last few times and hope for a little bit of luck today. She gave me an envelope and asked if I wanted these kind of tickets. I said "No, I would have preferred other". Then she asked what tickets I want. I said "Pit or Golden Circle would have been nice". She turned around and gave me a pair of PIT A tickets for me and my girlfriend. My friend just asked kindly if she could change his seats as well - no problem. What a great day!

Date: June 15, 2018 18:50

hockenheim95
We were at the box office around 1 pm. I told the lady that I was unlucky the last few times and hope for a little bit of luck today. She gave me an envelope and asked if I wanted these kind of tickets. I said "No, I would have preferred other". Then she asked what tickets I want. I said "Pit or Golden Circle would have been nice". She turned around and gave me a pair of PIT A tickets for me and my girlfriend. My friend just asked kindly if she could change his seats as well - no problem. What a great day!

Good for you Hockenheim. No such luck for me. The guy who served me seemed to be on a real power trip, taking delight in giving me a crap ticket. What a wa*ker! I'm sitting at Cardiff Central Station trying to decide what to do. This show has sold poorly so I might try my luck with the touts and wait until nearer showtime.

Date: June 15, 2018 18:55

Topi
They want the Scots far up enough so you guys don't cause trouble! winking smiley

It was a Scot who served me. I'm not a big drinker at all so don't conform to the stereotype.

He made insulting comments about my home town. Very odd as his town is an absolute dump.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 15, 2018 18:59

I wish you the very best of luck Gregor in getting into GA or anything more decent than your original LD.

My fingers are crossed for you. thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2018 19:12

Yeah, good luck, Gregor!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 15, 2018 19:38

grzegorz67
Topi

It was a Scot who served me. I'm not a big drinker at all so don't conform to the stereotype.

He made insulting comments about my home town. Very odd as his town is an absolute dump.

Take a walk around LD boxes and ask around. It seems people on this forum sometimes have spares they don't know what to do with

Date: June 16, 2018 00:25

hockenheim95

the must really had problems selling tickets – even LD tickets! Strange…

Date: June 16, 2018 01:51

crawdaddy
I wish you the very best of luck Gregor in getting into GA or anything more decent than your original LD.

My fingers are crossed for you. thumbs up

grinning smiley I did it thumbs up Took me a wee while to sniff out my chance, but it was my much easier by there being no wristbands for GA tonight. Great show, had fun and about to catch the treacle slow Megabus back to Swindon, arriving 3am but I don't care winking smiley

sad smileyRe: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:20

My lovely friends scored pit tickets for their LDs tonight, first time seeing the Stones. My four cousins also got pit at an earlier show, so everyone who got LDs on my recommendation was lucky!

Me, got good seats at London 1, GC at London 2, and nosebleeds at Southampton - but that was all right there. I have no complaints.

Just wish I'd bought LDs for Twickenham now! Want to go again! grinning smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:40

Everyone around me in Pit B had scored from LD's. I think I was the only idiot who paid full price!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home