Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 5, 2018 18:39

kevos
Have picked up lucky dips for Manchester and have got the very worst. Upper tier back corner. If anyone can help who has spare they would sell or swap. Anything nearer. Would appreciate. Please call me Kevos 07967694716

Direct yourself to customer service asap, tell them you suffer from vertigo up there, and they will change your ticket. Worked for me in Dublin winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 5, 2018 18:45

TornFrayedSue
kevos
Have picked up lucky dips for Manchester and have got the very worst. Upper tier back corner. If anyone can help who has spare they would sell or swap. Anything nearer. Would appreciate. Please call me Kevos 07967694716

Direct yourself to customer service asap, tell them you suffer from vertigo up there, and they will change your ticket. Worked for me in Dublin winking smiley

but there was a vertigo warning at ticketmaster.ie concering Croke Park…
(by the way I had the same idea but there was no need to change my LD ticket since I scored pit A)

Date: June 5, 2018 18:56

slewan
TornFrayedSue
kevos

but there was a vertigo warning at ticketmaster.ie concering Croke Park…
(by the way I had the same idea but there was no need to change my LD ticket since I scored pit A)

Correct, and I have to admit I was really scared to death up there. But I found the customer service folks really friendly and helpful, and it is always worth a try .... Good for you that you scored pit. I ended up with a very good seat in the lower tier and all people dancing in the aisles, had a blast cool smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:25

Just settled back into my hotel. Unbelievably, I scored Pit B again, the 2nd Show running and with an even better viewing spot than Coventry. I was on the rail near the back of the catwalk and so got an unobstructed view of the whole stage. Strangely, B was Keith’s side tonight and A Ronnie’s. Great night.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 6, 2018 10:06

Interesting they switched up the sides. Good work Gregor! Back of the catwalk is the best spot to be at, better view, better sound.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 6, 2018 10:10

Erm, B is always Keith's side smiling smiley

Date: June 6, 2018 12:10

Adams
Erm, B is always Keith's side smiling smiley

Oops! I stand corrected. Just checked my Coventry ticket again. It was A after all. Thanks Adams. I put it down to delirium grinning smiley

Date: June 6, 2018 12:12

Topi
Interesting they switched up the sides. Good work Gregor! Back of the catwalk is the best spot to be at, better view, better sound.

I totally agree. On Saturday in Coventry, my sister and I were further forward but still near the catwalk and could only see the top of Mick’s head when he ventured over to the other side.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 6, 2018 12:38

Great stuff again Gregor.

So pleased for you ,Beast ,Silver Dagger and all the others on IORR that have ended up with pit tix with LD at these Stones gigs.

You all deserve it and whatever happens for your next LD gigs, although I reckon you will still do well, it has worked out pretty damn good for you. smileys with beer

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:28

well done for those who got pit. I asked customer service but they wouldn't change my ticket. Still after a few failed attempts we managed to sneak into GA section and got to the barrier. Absolutely fantastic show, loved that they did Shattered and the weather was glorious. If I had the money I would of gone to Edinburgh too. Lets hope they come back again soon.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:42

Hello,

Me and my pal had a nightmare with the LDs yesterday: four seats together in the nosebleeds with an obscured view from one of the sound towers!

Even the steward agreed but said that nothing could be done except for us moving to an un-officially unoccupied free seat.

So that is what we did and we had the best time! Folks around us wanted to dance and sing. There was even a marriage proposal during 'Gimme Shelter' between the couple a few seats down!

Great show!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: June 6, 2018 19:45

SimonN
There was even a marriage proposal during 'Gimme Shelter' between the couple

yeah – war is only s shot away…

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 6, 2018 20:07

slewan
SimonN

Hi Slewan,

Yep, we did raise an eyebrow at his timing...but they were both ecstatic!

IMG_1311 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

IMG_0031 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: June 6, 2018 20:11

SimonN
slewan
SimonN

Hi Slewan,

yeah – war is still a shot away…

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 6, 2018 20:55

slewan
SimonN
slewan
SimonN

Hi Slewan,

yeah – war is still a shot away…

However: Love, sister, it's just a kiss away.

(I do hope she isn't actually his sister, though)

Date: June 7, 2018 17:23

crawdaddy
Great stuff again Gregor.

So pleased for you ,Beast ,Silver Dagger and all the others on IORR that have ended up with pit tix with LD at these Stones gigs.

You all deserve it and whatever happens for your next LD gigs, although I reckon you will still do well, it has worked out pretty damn good for you. smileys with beer

Not kidding Tony. So far for me, it’s been:

London 1 : GA front row
London 2 : GC, 3rd from front in corner beside pit
Southampton: Side Seats level with the lighting and speaker masts with an excellent view of stage and whole event.
Coventry: Pit A
Manchester : Pit B

I’m absolutely delighted with it so far. Much better than expected. I still have the 3 UK Mainland International Rugby Stadiums And Prague to come.

The next show is my home national Capital so very special to me.

Date: June 7, 2018 23:20

Fantastic Gregor ..................and I know that many other fans on IORR have had similar luck on the Tour.
Have a great time in Edinburgh...............one of my fave cities in the U.K.
Makes me sad thinking of a few others, maybe just going for one or two LD gigs ,and getting nosebleeds or not getting much better upgrades when they try.
Luckily this hasn't happened too often.

Wish I could join you all , but not in best of health at the moment.

Have a great time all of you on IORR. smileys with beer

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 9, 2018 16:27

Nice to hear about so many getting Pit Tix's....Have a grand time tonight know you will!!!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 9, 2018 17:41

crawdaddy

Wish I could join you all , but not in best of health at the moment.

Have a great time all of you on IORR. smileys with beer

Hang in there, crawdaddy...
Music has special healing powers.

All the best to you,
Keep Going and Keep Smiling.

Date: June 9, 2018 19:02

Pit A Coventry
Pit B Manchester
Lower level seats Section 11, Murray field, opposite stage.

Best wishes to Crawdaddy.

Date: June 9, 2018 19:38

I hope that isn't section 11 right at the back.

I can see there are two other section 11 on the sides which aren't bad.

If it is at the back, I hope you manage to get an upgrade Gregor.

Keepin' my fingers crossed for you. smileys with beer

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:58

What are people's experiences on picking up the LDs ? Are they asking for ID and Credit card ? I've got a GC for Twickenham and LDs for my daughter and friend and was hoping she'd be able to pick them up without me having to be there as she's arriving later than me.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:55

I've collected LDs three times (London 1 & 2, Southampton).
ID has been required every time, but nobody was interested in the credit card.
I also picked up the Southampton LDs without my companion in tow.

Date: June 10, 2018 13:19

In Dublin they asked for email ticket confirmation and ID , no credit card, but they asked for my partner and put the wristband on both of us.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:28

I’ve picked up lucky dips three times on this tour. Each time I just walked up and showed them the email confirmation on my phone. No one asked me for anything else. They just ticked my name off the list and that was it. No photo ID, no credit card, no wristband.

Date: June 10, 2018 13:34

crawdaddy
I hope that isn't section 11 right at the back.

I can see there are two other section 11 on the sides which aren't bad.

If it is at the back, I hope you manage to get an upgrade Gregor.

Keepin' my fingers crossed for you. smileys with beer

I got one of the not too bad side sections so relatively pleased. Definitely can't complain at the price. I was given a fan of 30 or 40 envelopes to choose from. Most A5 and a few small standard self sealers randomly amongst them. Were they the pits?

The forward seated sections were pretty much full and early GA arrivals were allowed into GC so I'm guessing all LDs were either Pit or side seats.

A good few GA wristbanders were sitting around me, sheltering from the rain, including 3 very drunk Edinburgh men in their 30s behaving like dickheads, spilling drinks on their neighbours and blocking everyone's view. I will never comprehend why anyone gets into that state before attending a paid entertainment event of any kind.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: June 10, 2018 16:44

Are lucky dips either wristbands or tickets ? Or can they be a combination of both ?
Had Lucky Dips for Manchester and ended with tickets for lower East tier .
Had a great view, also got Luck dip tickets for Cardiff, anyone know if these will be tickets or wristbands ?

Date: June 10, 2018 17:18

welshphil
Are lucky dips either wristbands or tickets ? Or can they be a combination of both ?
Had Lucky Dips for Manchester and ended with tickets for lower East tier .
Had a great view, also got Luck dip tickets for Cardiff, anyone know if these will be tickets or wristbands ?

You will always get tickets regardless of where you are. You will get a wristband in addition, if you draw a standing ticket, in order that security staff can see your entitlement to be there.

Date: June 10, 2018 17:18

LD's are hard tickets. You only get the applicable wristband as you enter the venye

Had SIX Lucky Dips for Edinburgh. All seats. Oh well. Gave 5 away for free...and karma worked. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 17:21 by Topi.

Date: June 10, 2018 17:20

chriseganstar
What are people's experiences on picking up the LDs ? Are they asking for ID and Credit card ? I've got a GC for Twickenham and LDs for my daughter and friend and was hoping she'd be able to pick them up without me having to be there as she's arriving later than me.

Sometimes ask ID, sometimes not.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home