Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:26

kwoznica
grzegorz, nobodyimportant,

what time did you collect your tickets?

4.30 for me. What's people's thinking on LDs? Is it the case that the earlier you turn up, the luckier you're likely to be?

So far in UK.

London 1 : GA
London 2: Distant Nosebleed, but upgraded to GC by fabulous tocket office staff as I was with a family of 4.

Southampton: Side side quite far back but still good experience due to small venue. I was allowed to pick my ticket from a pile. Whether that pile was limited to seats similar to the one I drew, I don't know.

I'm clearly not (yet) part of the LD Pit/GC Elite winking smiley Some people seem to keep getting them and others not.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:59

grzegorz67
kwoznica
grzegorz, nobodyimportant,

what time did you collect your tickets?

4.30 for me. What's people's thinking on LDs? Is it the case that the earlier you turn up, the luckier you're likely to be?

So far in UK.

London 1 : GA
London 2: Distant Nosebleed, but upgraded to GC by fabulous tocket office staff as I was with a family of 4.

Southampton: Side side quite far back but still good experience due to small venue. I was allowed to pick my ticket from a pile. Whether that pile was limited to seats similar to the one I drew, I don't know.

I'm clearly not (yet) part of the LD Pit/GC Elite winking smiley Some people seem to keep getting them and others not.

We were badly delayed by traffic and didn't get there till after 6.

Was supposed to meet up with four friends at their home just outside Southampton, but eventually they left without us because they had a lift organised which couldn't wait any longer. Turns out they all got pit, but on different sides. They won't have collected them very early though, as they waited for us at home before leaving for the stadium.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:01

Does anyone have a link for Coventry Lucky Dip tickets or are they no longer available?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 15:05 by mikehat.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:07

mikehat
Does anyone have a link for Coventry Lucky Dip tickets or are they no longer available?

[tickets.axs.com]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:29

My only experience of LD tickets on the current tour, so far, is from London #2

Walking up to the LD portakabins at approx. 16.45, as the band were sound checking 'Dead Flowers', I was directed to the separate cabin window for LD Singles, where I was asked for Credit Card authorisation & booking confirmation but when I volunteered photo ID I was told it wasn't necessary.

A fan of envelopes was waved infront of me, I was told 'good luck' and promptly pulled out a nosebleed....ho-hum.

This seemed to be the trend for the single LD window. I hung around for 10-15 minutes out of curiosity & this was repeated continuously.
Everyone I saw was walking away resigned & disappointed. Where as the folk at the other windows for the LD pairs were getting much better success. Everyone seemed to be pulling GC or GA.

Maybe us single LD buyers were 'punished' for our audacity but i suspect it was just a trend of bad luck.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 15:31 by Adrian-L.

Date: May 30, 2018 15:53

Adrian-L
My only experience of LD tickets on the current tour, so far, is from London #2

Walking up to the LD portakabins at approx. 16.45, as the band were sound checking 'Dead Flowers', I was directed to the separate cabin window for LD Singles, where I was asked for Credit Card authorisation & booking confirmation but when I volunteered photo ID I was told it wasn't necessary.

A fan of envelopes was waved infront of me, I was told 'good luck' and promptly pulled out a nosebleed....ho-hum.

This seemed to be the trend for the single LD window. I hung around for 10-15 minutes out of curiosity & this was repeated continuously.
Everyone I saw was walking away resigned & disappointed. Where as the folk at the other windows for the LD pairs were getting much better success. Everyone seemed to be pulling GC or GA.

Maybe us single LD buyers were 'punished' for our audacity but i suspect it was just a trend of bad luck.....

I have one more solo dip to come - Cardiff. The Stadium's massive so a nosebleed there would be grim. It's the only show still selling dips by the way.

I'm triple dipping Twickenham, another non standard number so perhaps I'll be similarly 'punished'.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 16:54

Anyone got a spare Twickenham dip? I'm debating to go

Date: May 30, 2018 17:10

philrock90

If you can't get one, turn up on the day and sniff around. There are always loads of spare tickets on show day and as the clock runs down, prices plummet. You will get in easily for a good price.

Twickenham was the only UK show which didn't put a 2nd batch of dips for sale, probably because it's the last show.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 30, 2018 17:19

Spare Lucky Dip tickets where fans have bought a few pairs as they're cheap and a good chance of being Pit were being given away yesterday for free. Worth a shot!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 30, 2018 17:20

grzegorz67
philrock90

If you can't get one, turn up on the day and sniff around. There are always loads of spare tickets on show day and as the clock runs down, prices plummet. You will get in easily for a good price.

Twickenham was the only UK show which didn't put a 2nd batch of dips for sale, probably because it's the last show.

rather because it seems to be the only show that they didn't have difficulties in selling tickets (only GC tickets are still available)

Date: May 30, 2018 17:24

It's just getting home that puts me off abit as it's a weekday I'd need to get back to Greenwich

Date: May 30, 2018 17:26

flairville
Spare Lucky Dip tickets where fans have bought a few pairs as they're cheap and a good chance of being Pit were being given away yesterday for free. Worth a shot!

Hi Flairville, congratulations on getting your Pit winking smiley He could try simply hanging around the Lucky Dips counter as someone's bound to have a spare based on your story. Given how cheap they are, I can well imagine people treating thwem as lottery tickets and buying a few.

I've still never been in the Pit after 5 Dips. 3 GAs, A nosebleed very fortuitously upgraded to GC and a Southampton nosebleed (which is good for anywhere else) is my story to date.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 30, 2018 17:37

However, you have seen loads of shows for hardly any money and who would have thought anyone could say that?!
I couldn’t believe it when I had Pit B in the envelope yesterday! I was fully prepared for the worst but the stadium was so small I don’t think there was a bad seat in the house.
You’ll get Pit next time!

Date: May 30, 2018 17:42

flairville
However, you have seen loads of shows for hardly any money and who would have thought anyone could say that?!
I couldn’t believe it when I had Pit B in the envelope yesterday! I was fully prepared for the worst but the stadium was so small I don’t think there was a bad seat in the house.

I paid for a GA ticket for London 1 then I got lucky dips for London 2 which got me GA again I was abit worried for far seats but I thought for the price I can't complain

Date: May 30, 2018 18:02

flairville

I said exactly that to my LD gig buddy last night. I am expecting Coventry to be similar. I think St Mary's is an excellent venue - easy transport and small enough to feel like an arena show. I thought the stage was pushed quite far out from the unused end of the stadium and there was plenty of space behind the stage for large vehicles to enter, park and turn. I still thoroughly enjoyed myself last night. When you're a bit further back there are compensations - you can see the whole stage clearly and get a sense of the whole event. Mick is absolutely peerless in his ability to reach out to a stadium and the crowd around me in Section 35 were very into it and respectful of one another too.

Seats also meant my gigbuddy (an old work colleague) and I could take our time about entering and watch the very diverse crowd roll up. I saw a few familiar faces, including Bjornulf who entered just along from me.

So would I do it again even if I knew I would draw Section 35? Every time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 18:27 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 30, 2018 19:06

grzegorz67
flairville

I said exactly that to my LD gig buddy last night. I am expecting Coventry to be similar. I think St Mary's is an excellent venue - easy transport and small enough to feel like an arena show. I thought the stage was pushed quite far out from the unused end of the stadium and there was plenty of space behind the stage for large vehicles to enter, park and turn. I still thoroughly enjoyed myself last night. When you're a bit further back there are compensations - you can see the whole stage clearly and get a sense of the whole event. Mick is absolutely peerless in his ability to reach out to a stadium and the crowd around me in Section 35 were very into it and respectful of one another too.

Seats also meant my gigbuddy (an old work colleague) and I could take our time about entering and watch the very diverse crowd roll up. I saw a few familiar faces, including Bjornulf who entered just along from me.

So would I do it again even if I knew I would draw Section 35? Every time.

I couldn't agree more. The furthest seats from the stage are equivalent to decent seats in the big stadiums. Only one tier so nobody's very far away from the action.

I thought it was very well organised with transport and catering. Would like to see them stage more concerts. The only downside for me is not being able to catch a train home afterwards, but that's true of everywhere except London for me.

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: May 30, 2018 20:19

For people saying the "upgraded" their LD, how did you do it?
Was it complimentary? Bribing involved?

Date: May 30, 2018 20:48

Can you go into gc with pit dip? If i pull pit it would be nice to go to gc since i think i like the athmosphere, show and lighting better there.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 30, 2018 21:10

Me and my girl got only GA in Lucky Dip London 2.
From the beginning we ordered good seats, but when the LD came out at that price we bought them too. We ended up at our seats and throwed the GA tickets away.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 30, 2018 21:11

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Can you go into gc with pit dip? If i pull pit it would be nice to go to gc since i think i like the athmosphere, show and lighting better there.

When you first enter the pit you will be given a wristband to wear which enables you to leave and return to the pit anytime and if you wish to do so then go and watch the show from the golden circle.

Nate

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 30, 2018 21:13

walterD
For people saying the "upgraded" their LD, how did you do it?
Was it complimentary? Bribing involved?

£50,000 in a sealed envelope should be sufficient.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 31, 2018 00:47

slewan
grzegorz67
philrock90

rather because it seems to be the only show that they didn't have difficulties in selling tickets (only GC tickets are still available)

you're wrong. i got my twick LD's in a second batch

Date: May 31, 2018 01:17

LDs no available for any show. Cardiff link is still lit up in red but a search for tickets will be fruitless. It could, of course, come back later.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 03:20

Lucky Dips on sale for Cardiff now!

Date: May 31, 2018 12:56

Shawn20
Lucky Dips on sale for Cardiff now!

Do you have a link?
No luck here.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: May 31, 2018 15:05

Date: May 31, 2018 15:33

lenurb
[tickets.axs.com]

Doesn't work sadly. none available.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:17

Tekumseh
Me and my girl got only GA in Lucky Dip London 2.
From the beginning we ordered good seats, but when the LD came out at that price we bought them too. We ended up at our seats and throwed the GA tickets away.

The thing with Lucky Dips is that they are half the price of the cheapest "regular" ticket for the show (£60 for two lucky dips vs. £60 per seat at the very back of the stadium). On that basis, every lucky dip ticket is a winner. And particularly so at places like Southampton and Coventry which are so small that the entire stadium is like the golden circle.

However, I hate people talking about throwing away tickets when I know people who would dearly love to see the Stones but simply do not have enough money. £30 might be nothing to some people but to people who can't afford to feed their families it is too much.

If you have spare tickets, go out into the crowd outside and make someone's day. Be kind - just make sure you're not giving them out to a scalper who'll profit from your generosity. Or why not put a message up on this site so you know only real fans will benefit. Just don't throw them away!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 16:20 by sjs12.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:18

mikehat
lenurb
[tickets.axs.com]

Some available now. You just need to keep trying.

Try this link rather than AXS direct:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edit: I just checked the original link and it works with LD tickets still available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 16:19 by sjs12.

Date: May 31, 2018 16:20

sjs12
mikehat
lenurb
[tickets.axs.com]

Some available now. You just need to keep trying.

Try this link rather than AXS direct:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edit: I just checked the original link and it works with LD tickets still available.

I've tried that too.
It has a working link, but when you click "find tickets" it says none available at that price point.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home