Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Hopiman ()
Date: May 8, 2018 11:03

How many Lucky Dips there are?
There'll be as many as they need to fill all the places that (in the worst case) didn't sell in front of stage.
So it must depend on the size of the venue.

It's a smart strategy to raise prices but never to play in front of an emtpy pit.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: May 8, 2018 11:37

slewan
for those who missed the LD sale – I have spare LD tickets for Dublin and both London shows –> [iorr.org]

Can LD tickets be transferred if the Credit Card used to book them must be produced?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 8, 2018 13:10

textmonkey
slewan
for those who missed the LD sale – I have spare LD tickets for Dublin and both London shows –> [iorr.org]

Can LD tickets be transferred if the Credit Card used to book them must be produced?

the only secure way to transfer one(!) Lucky Dip ticket is to become a guest of the original LD ticket purchaser.
A rather unsafe and risky way is to lend the credit card from the original purchaser

Posted by: rara ()
Date: May 8, 2018 14:41

slewan
textmonkey
slewan

the only secure way to transfer one(!) Lucky Dip ticket is to become a guest of the original LD ticket purchaser.
A rather unsafe and risky way is to lend the credit card from the original purchaser

I had troubles paying with my own credit card, so I used my dad's. I entered myself for the invoice details and my dad for the payment details and I will bring my ID and my dad's credit card. This hopefully won't be a problem, right?

Date: May 8, 2018 14:54

rara
slewan
textmonkey
slewan

I had troubles paying with my own credit card, so I used my dad's. I entered myself for the invoice details and my dad for the payment details and I will bring my ID and my dad's credit card. This hopefully won't be a problem, right?

as long as you are able (and willing) to pretend that you are your dad everything will be fine (I guess they don't check the date of birth…)

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 8, 2018 16:36

slewan
rara
slewan
textmonkey
slewan

as long as you are able (and willing) to pretend that you are your dad everything will be fine (I guess they don't check the date of birth…)

hot smiley

Posted by: rara ()
Date: May 8, 2018 16:48

satisfaction2
slewan
rara
slewan
textmonkey
slewan

hot smiley

do you really think they'd bother otherwise? it's obvious by the name that he's my dad and I'll bring the card. Also the invoice and billing adresses have always been stated accordingly. It doesn't say in the conditions that ID must equal credit card, it just says you have to bring the ID and credit card you used for purchase but y'all are getting me nervous confused smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 8, 2018 17:11

rara
do you really think they'd bother otherwise? it's obvious by the name that he's my dad and I'll bring the card. Also the invoice and billing adresses have always been stated accordingly. It doesn't say in the conditions that ID must equal credit card, it just says you have to bring the ID and credit card you used for purchase but y'all are getting me nervous confused smiley

You've met their criteria imo and wouldn't worry.
I'd print out the confirmation etc. to have quick reference to it if needed.

Taking it a bit to the extreme, I might bring along a notarized letter from dad stating you are authorized on credit card.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: May 8, 2018 17:35

Last year Hamburg I had to pass on my LD to my daughter and her husband. After some nervetaking debate with the counter guy and the manager it finally worked out for them, but only as they could show my original credit card used for ordering, a copy of may passport, and a signed letter of explanation. So better be prepared. They ended general standing but were happy to be in.

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: May 8, 2018 17:45

MisterDDDD
rara

You've met their criteria imo and wouldn't worry.
I'd print out the confirmation etc. to have quick reference to it if needed.

Taking it a bit to the extreme, I might bring along a notarized letter from dad stating you are authorized on credit card.

my reason for asking is that I see a fair few people offering LDs for sale and I find myself wondering to myself "is that a good idea? Is a purchaser definitely getting in?"

I've Noel Gallagher tickets for a gig i can't go to and the venue will require CCard and ID which I'm not willing to give somebody just so i can recoup my €120!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 8, 2018 17:59

textmonkey
my reason for asking is that I see a fair few people offering LDs for sale and I find myself wondering to myself "is that a good idea? Is a purchaser definitely getting in?"
I think most (if not all) the LDs being offered for sale are sold with the purchaser planning on going in with the buyer. I teamed up with someone to sell a pair as we both had extra singles, but we are all meeting and walking in together.

Date: May 8, 2018 18:28

MisterDDDD
textmonkey
I think most (if not all) the LDs being offered for sale are sold with the purchaser planning on going in with the buyer. I teamed up with someone to sell a pair as we both had extra singles, but we are all meeting and walking in together.

thumbs up

gotcha!

Date: May 8, 2018 19:03

if you want to play it safe: come with me – I got a spare LD ticket for Dublin to offer (face value) => [iorr.org]

deleted
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 8, 2018 20:02

deleted

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 00:21 by MononoM.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 15, 2018 12:08

Did anyone recieved a email about where you can collect the Lucky Dip tickets for Dublin?

Date: May 15, 2018 12:51

spunky
Did anyone recieved a email about where you can collect the Lucky Dip tickets for Dublin?

the original confirmation email for your booking says: tickets are to be collected at the box office

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 16, 2018 18:32

I'm sure someone has checked this out somewhere in one of the threads... Because of me noticing an AXS screw up, my Lucky Dip tickets for next Tuesday's show are listed as 'electronic ticket' rather than box office collection. I'm presuming if I just turn up with my reference number on Tuesday things will be fine, but has anyone in a similar situation contacted AXS to confirm?

syrel

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 16, 2018 22:26

syrel
I'm sure someone has checked this out somewhere in one of the threads... Because of me noticing an AXS screw up, my Lucky Dip tickets for next Tuesday's show are listed as 'electronic ticket' rather than box office collection. I'm presuming if I just turn up with my reference number on Tuesday things will be fine, but has anyone in a similar situation contacted AXS to confirm?

syrel

So are mine. All I did was print off the email. Not concerned in the slightest.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 16, 2018 22:32

PaintMonkeyManBlack
20.000 for Dublin winking smiley

Last year there circulated numbers. Not sure what they where. They were under the 1000. But then again i don't know if it was (for example) 500 tickets of 500 sets of 2 tickets.

Considering theres been quite a few of these tickets on sale, and having just seen a photo on facebook of the will-call 'office' - which appears to be a serving hatch on a street corner which could barely fit two people inside - I shudder to think how theyre going to cope tomorrow, especially considering the fact that theyre wanting 3 forms of identification. It sounds like it'll be utter chaos.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: May 17, 2018 18:54

Does anybody tried to enter alone with a pair of lucky ?
Due to missing friend for any reason
Is there any risk to be ejected ?

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 17, 2018 19:08

Well, they directly asked who my partner is put the bands on our wrists. Not sure if they accept if you come alone

Date: May 17, 2018 19:11

Has anyone ever managed to get an upgrade on an LD? I have drawn upper tier, but not sure if I can go up there, sound stupid but I am extremely afraid of height and thinking about asking for a change or buy another ticket

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 17, 2018 19:17

TornFrayedSue
Has anyone ever managed to get an upgrade on an LD? I have drawn upper tier, but not sure if I can go up there, sound stupid but I am extremely afraid of height and thinking about asking for a change or buy another ticket

Find a customer service station and politely and honestly plead your case...the sooner the better. I wouldn't buy another ticket if I were you. Good Luck!
I think it will work out.

Either way, don't worry...you are seeing THE ROLLING STONES for a ridiculously low price!

Date: May 17, 2018 19:23

Thanks a lot, will try smileys with beer

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: May 17, 2018 22:48

so... based on Dublin a LD pair CANNOT be transferred after pick up?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 17, 2018 22:49

They never could be

Date: May 17, 2018 22:50

How are you getting on Sue?

Date: May 17, 2018 22:53

vertigojoe
They never could be
they could very easy on most gigs. You would just get an envelope with tickets and you could do what you want

Date: May 17, 2018 22:56

Oh right. Apologies I was under the impression in an anti scalping move they chaperoned you inside to avoid people selling them.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 13:38

So how did all the Dippers fare in Dublin? I had GA from the presale and got an excellent viewing and listening spot on the rail just off Centre where it starts to bend in the way, Ronnie’s side. I was very pleased with that. I’m now on Lucky Dips for my next 9 Shows, being the whole UK plus Prague.

From what I could see, there appeared to be a lot of space in GC, in front of me, especially at the sides, although it filled up pretty well towards the end. Did any Dippers end up here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 13:40 by grzegorz67.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home