Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Sici ()
Date: February 28, 2018 15:17

LD are lucky real.
My LD for Paris 25/10/2017 was Pit, a friend of mine last ring of The UArena...
Sici

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 28, 2018 15:41

Sici
LD are lucky real.
My LD for Paris 25/10/2017 was Pit, a friend of mine last ring of The UArena...
Sici
Damn. I only got GA from my LD at that show. Nevertheless - what a fantastic show it was! The boys were soooo much fun!

Posted by: MWasilewski ()
Date: February 28, 2018 16:40

Look at this Eventim link to the Warsaw concert.

I think it confirms that the Lucky Dips are indeed going to be sold.

On the other hand, does it mean that the button to buy the LD tickets is going to be visible from the seller page? That, in my opinion, would spoil all the fun.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 28, 2018 16:54

MWasilewski

On the other hand, does it mean that the button to buy the LD tickets is going to be visible from the seller page? That, in my opinion, would spoil all the fun.

Oh my, this make no sense. I see that Dips will sold out quickly not for IORRs but this who wants to see Stones by cheapest way..

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 16:55

MWasilewski

Lucky Dip Link. It's happening folks, worry not.

[www.eventim.pl]

And 'packages'

[www.eventim.pl]

Good spot MWasilewski. I can imagine that link was not supposed to be visible to the general public smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 17:04 by grzegorz67.

Date: February 28, 2018 16:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 17:00 by zgredzik.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:05

If I was going for Lucky Dips I would look at every possible spot they might pop up...
but I would keep my main eye on this page >>>> [www.rollingstones.com]

This official Stones page is where they appeared when I was looking to buy them.

Look for a red button (similar to the ones appearing today for otehr tickets)
A Lucky Dip button will appear, simply click on that button and it will take you to where you need to go.

But of course (AS I SAID, to avoid any nagging at me)
look at every possible spot where they might pop up just to be sure.

Set up your links on your favorites... and click and click and click until Ignition!

Keep looking there (here on IORR)(everywhere) every day... 4-5 times per day until you get what you need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 17:09 by Leonioid.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:10

In my experience the LD option has only ever shown up on the RS tour page and ONLY a few minutes after the regular onsale has started
For Vegas a couple of years ago, it popped up about 3 minutes after the regular onsale had started

Date: February 28, 2018 17:16

when you will click on eventim.pl site and choose Rolling Stones you won't se the Lucky Dip option, it's available only for those, who have the presale password (which is very, very strange and long and hard to remember for Warsaw eye rolling smiley )

Date: February 28, 2018 17:20

zgredzik
when you will click on eventim.pl site and choose Rolling Stones you won't se the Lucky Dip option, it's available only for those, who have the presale password (which is very, very strange and long and hard to remember for Warsaw eye rolling smiley )

I personally think Eventim's web programmers have made a booboo here and we weren't meant to see it. grinning smiley But now the secret is out...>grinning smiley<

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:20

MWasilewski

yep, and it also say that the show for LD holders will start two minutes late(r) _ at 19:02

As already pointed out LD tickets will only be available by clicking the button on RS.com which will lead you to the ticket seller's website.
It is obiviously a mistake that the LD option is visable at eventim.pl right now

Date: February 28, 2018 17:26

grzegorz67

I personally think Eventim's web programmers have made a booboo here and we weren't meant to see it. grinning smiley But now the secret is out...>grinning smiley<

this is just essence of organisation in Poland.. I am Polish and I can tell you without a doubt - you will be surprised, when you come there for this show. Polish promoter and ticket seller certainly will do something, that you will remember this concert for the rest of your life. not because there will be fun, but maybe they will change the size of sectors etc. or will made you a problem with going into stadium with I dont know, small bottle of water. if there will be 30+ degree

Date: February 28, 2018 17:31

zgredzik
grzegorz67

this is just essence of organisation in Poland.. I am Polish and I can tell you without a doubt - you will be surprised, when you come there for this show. Polish promoter and ticket seller certainly will do something, that you will remember this concert for the rest of your life. not because there will be fun, but maybe they will change the size of sectors etc. or will made you a problem with going into stadium with I dont know, small bottle of water. if there will be 30+ degree

Don't worry zgredik. I know what Poland's like. I've been visiting for over 20 years. I love Poland hence my user name (Jestem Szkot!!) I was at Chorzow 20 years ago. I had a seat but I understand the field sectors and security was a complete shambles that day...

Date: February 28, 2018 17:36

I know it's in Polish, but maybe you want to read it - [www.expressbydgoski.pl]
when Guns N Roses played in Poland last year there was such a mess with seated places and some people took other people seats and they were fighting - really, some men punched some other in faces etc. lot of people had tickets but cannot went inside.

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:59

But GN'R in Gdansk was organized by Live Nation, which is well known for doing sh$% like that- Golden Circle in the size of 3/4 of a whole floor, selling both numbered and not numbered tickets for same seating sector (sic!).
Although this time the promotor is not Live Nation, but something called DM Agency (or something else beside this event agency), and I hope that it will be... normal this time.

Date: February 28, 2018 18:05

DM Agency, whose owner is Darek Maciborek from RMF.FM, polish radio station. We don't know too much about DM Agency, we will see, because they are very new on polish market. Live Nation was promoter of GNR, but it's very likely that there will be some problems with so many sectors, I won't be surprised if some people who will buy GA ticket will get to Pit because no one will head up them to their sector. time will tell.

Date: February 28, 2018 18:16

zgredzik
I know it's in Polish, but maybe you want to read it - [www.expressbydgoski.pl]
when Guns N Roses played in Poland last year there was such a mess with seated places and some people took other people seats and they were fighting - really, some men punched some other in faces etc. lot of people had tickets but cannot went inside.

Cholera jasne zgredzik!!! I'll have a read of that later. Fun. - NOT!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:45

I went to see AC DC at the national stadium in Warsaw and even though I had a ticket for the show I was able to walk into the stadium and straight to the front of stage area without anyone asking to see my ticket.

Nate

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 21:09

Nate
I went to see AC DC at the national stadium in Warsaw and even though I had a ticket for the show I was able to walk into the stadium and straight to the front of stage area without anyone asking to see my ticket.

Nate

It used to be like that in UK. VL 2nd Wembley show I had tickets for a seat at the back but just walked down to the front a dozen rows back from FOS in the crowd. The first Wembley I had GA and turned up very early, waiting all day to get down the front. Those were the days - sitting outside the venue for hours with other fans, drinking, partying and then running to the front. You had to be a dedicated fan to be in the front - now you just need to have enough money...

Date: February 28, 2018 21:19

sjs12
now you just need to have enough money...
sad but true

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:22

slewan
MWasilewski

yep, and it also say that the show for LD holders will start two minutes late(r) _ at 19:02

As already pointed out LD tickets will only be available by clicking the button on RS.com which will lead you to the ticket seller's website.
It is obiviously a mistake that the LD option is visable at eventim.pl right now

the lucky dip option on eventim.pl as now disappeared

Date: February 28, 2018 23:30

sjs12
Nate

Nate

It used to be like that in UK. VL 2nd Wembley show I had tickets for a seat at the back but just walked down to the front a dozen rows back from FOS in the crowd. The first Wembley I had GA and turned up very early, waiting all day to get down the front. Those were the days - sitting outside the venue for hours with other fans, drinking, partying and then running to the front. You had to be a dedicated fan to be in the front - now you just need to have enough money...

It was still like that here for most artists until about 10 years ago. Back in the days when it worked as you describe very well, it was a way of ensuring that the most dedicated fans, willing to put themselves through hardship got the front, and those most likely to create an atmosphere.

Nowadays, it’s all exclusive pits and packages requiring silly sums of money and it has got very elitist, excluding those who cannot afford. Elitism and Rock and Roll are a complete contradiction, imho and much of the angst and edge of the live gigging experience has been lost. There are certainly still genuine fans in those front sections but they are also increasingly being populated by big ticket event junkies and box tickers with no specific interest in the Stones (or whatever band is playing). To make matters worse, even if you are not in the Pit and queue all day for your floor section, you will invariably find that all the spaces in the front row are already taken up by Early Entry Package people, rendering early queueing pretty pointless.

Don’t get me wrong - I still go to the gigs and still enjoy them but I do sorely miss the days of whole floor GA.

Bring on the Lucky Dips! The Stones are at least to be commended for this innovation. I don’t know of any other artists who do it so fair play there.

Posted by: Cade ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:03

It seems today no LD tickets were available. Is it possible that they would be available tomorrow with "general on sale"?

Date: March 1, 2018 12:10

Cade
It seems today no LD tickets were available. Is it possible that they would be available tomorrow with "general on sale"?

Yes. That's what usually happens. Either then or a week or 2 later when they can gauge sales. eventim.pl accidentally displayed a link for Lucky Dips that they later deleted so I would take that as a cue that it's happening.

Posted by: Cade ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:14

I just spoke with my friend who works at eventim and he confirmed that there will be LD tickets indeed, but they don't know when yet...

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: March 1, 2018 14:02

sjs12
Nate

Nate

Those were the days. I remember paying £10.50 for a ticket for Wembley 1982 access throughout the stadium.

Even if you were not dedicated enough to run to the front when the gates opened you could still get very close to the stage. If you walked down the side of the pitch and then worked your way in once the Stones hit the stage.

We were all a lot younger then so people used to jump around to the music and gaps would appear in the crowd which you could jump into.

By the end of the show you would be more or less in the front 10 rows. Happy times.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 1, 2018 17:41

More red boxes popping up here [www.rollingstones.com]... just a matter of time before the Lucky Dip button appears... keep watching

Date: March 1, 2018 17:51

What's the craic with lucky dip tickets, can you get them in pairs?

Sounds a daft question - and I'm probably going mad - but I'm sure I read somewhere that you can be allocated different locations in the stadium.

Is that right?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2018 17:55

scoreboardpaddock

Sounds a daft question - and I'm probably going mad - but I'm sure I read somewhere that you can be allocated different locations in the stadium.

Is that right?

You ONLY get them in pairs.

And yes, theoretically you can be allocated them for anywhere.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2018 17:55

scoreboardpaddock

Is that right?
Yes. Actually only sold in pairs. Can end up anywhere in stadium.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home