Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 28, 2018 04:32

I miss the days when face value was 30... 40... 80 bucks and when you paid a scalper $200.00-$400.00 you were in the first 3 rows. That worked from around 198x until about 1998... then the gig was up... then fkg bands stated selling crappy balcony seats for $200.00 face value.

I am just happy back in the day I realized what a bargain it was to pay 2-3x face for front row or 3rd row. I saw a lot shows like that... but no more... no more.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 07:21

I really miss the days when I was queueing up at 6 ' clock in the morning

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 28, 2018 07:56

Gazza

I've no experience of LD's and as I havent been at a Stones show since 2014 I'm a bit out of the loop with these, so correct me if I'm wrong with these scenarios

1) You and a friend buy a pair of Lucky Dips each. Ie, four tickets. You agree to take which ever LD is best. Your friend's LD is for Golden Circle. Yours is for an OK seat or GA. Youre obviously going with the Golden Circle - rather than just dump the extra pair, couldnt you just give them to the person behind you in the queue whose LD ended up as nosebleeds?

2) Similar scenario. There isnt any way you could just resell your extras for a knockdown price to some random person outside?

Gazza, officially you can't sell them/give them away (they are non transferrable). It practice, it depends on the venue. At some places (my experience was Berlin 14), you queue up for the tickets right next to a gate and you have to go straight into the venue, so no chance of redistributing. At some other places (Munich and Dusseldorf 2017), the LD collection was miles away from the entrance gates and so you'd be able to do what you wanted with the tickets. My sense is that there was more of the latter in 2017, but I don't think it can be guaranteed.

syrel

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 28, 2018 08:34

I was not able to go to Lucca due to a family emergency but I had LD tickets. A friend from Hungary wanted them. I had an old expired driver's license and I called my credit card company and told them that I lost my credit card (making that number invalid). I sent both to my friend and he was able to collect the tickets at the box office.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 28, 2018 09:40

hockenheim95

Me too.

"Camping" outside ticket offices.

Then "camping" outside the venue when it was all GA .

The only thing that governed whether you got a ticket and then a good FOS position was how much effort and waiting you were prepared to put in.

Wasn't life simple in the old days grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 10:06

Spud
hockenheim95

Me too.

"Camping" outside ticket offices.

Then "camping" outside the venue when it was all GA .

The only thing that governed whether you got a ticket and then a good FOS position was how much effort and waiting you were prepared to put in.

Wasn't life simple in the old days grinning smiley

We got the good old days back for GA at the Hyde Park Shows in 2013. At Show 1 there were already about 30 people there at 6am. Early queuing got you right to the front and tickets were about £110 + postage. Fun times.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2018 10:16

syrel
Gazza

I've no experience of LD's and as I havent been at a Stones show since 2014 I'm a bit out of the loop with these, so correct me if I'm wrong with these scenarios

1) You and a friend buy a pair of Lucky Dips each. Ie, four tickets. You agree to take which ever LD is best. Your friend's LD is for Golden Circle. Yours is for an OK seat or GA. Youre obviously going with the Golden Circle - rather than just dump the extra pair, couldnt you just give them to the person behind you in the queue whose LD ended up as nosebleeds?

2) Similar scenario. There isnt any way you could just resell your extras for a knockdown price to some random person outside?

Gazza, officially you can't sell them/give them away (they are non transferrable). It practice, it depends on the venue. At some places (my experience was Berlin 14), you queue up for the tickets right next to a gate and you have to go straight into the venue, so no chance of redistributing. At some other places (Munich and Dusseldorf 2017), the LD collection was miles away from the entrance gates and so you'd be able to do what you wanted with the tickets. My sense is that there was more of the latter in 2017, but I don't think it can be guaranteed.

syrel

This was my experience during the 50 and Counting Tour. At the Vegas show, tix were distributed in envelope and the gate was right there.
At Staples Center, the tix were distributed away from main entrance, and I was able to give the Lucky Dips to two friends who were waiting to the side.
If the Lucky Dips would have been PIT, I would have kept one and let the other two toss a coin. As it turned out, the LD's were nosebleeds so thats what they got while I kept my original ticket in lower loge.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 28, 2018 10:25

I assume the timeline is: today at 10 am (BERLIN) the Eventim Pre Sale and then at noon the Lucky Dip News from the Rolling Stones. Or tomorrow. Then sale on friday as part of the general sale.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 28, 2018 11:05

schwonek
I assume the timeline is: today at 10 am (BERLIN) the Eventim Pre Sale and then at noon the Lucky Dip News from the Rolling Stones. Or tomorrow. Then sale on friday as part of the general sale.

I hope you are right.. I am not going to pay those ridiculous prices for a pit ticket (799 euro's!)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2018 11:58

Thanks for the advice, everyone. So, basically, going in with a group of other 'Lucky Dippers' who have bought a pair each and agreeing in advance to redistribute your extras improves the chances of everyone getting an upgrade. Cheers.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:38

schwonek

Still nothing.. sad smiley Last year we knew one day after announcement of tour

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:38

There's nothing to be gained if you're likely to be going by yourself, is there?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:44

the later they go on sale, the better! (the more people already have the tickets, the fewer will ever be aware of LD)

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:46

nobodyimportant
There's nothing to be gained if you're likely to be going by yourself, is there?

there were a few people looking for 'lucky dip partners' on here last year, if yoou can swing that it's likely a 50 quid ticket which is a bargain. I almost plumped for a spare lucky dip with another brit who had a pair for Dusseldorf last year, but someone beat me to it :-)

Date: February 28, 2018 13:49

yorkshirestone
nobodyimportant

there were a few people looking for 'lucky dip partners' on here last year, if yoou can swing that it's likely a 50 quid ticket which is a bargain. I almost plumped for a spare lucky dip with another brit who had a pair for Dusseldorf last year, but someone beat me to it :-)

That was probably me (with the pair) - it ended up in the pit too!

syrel

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:57

syrel
yorkshirestone
nobodyimportant

syrel

I (yet another Brit) saw your ad too Syrel and thought about it but someone else snaffled it and you clearly hit the jackpot grinning smiley

Date: February 28, 2018 13:59

yorkshirestone
nobodyimportant

Oh, is it two for the price of one? I was thinking you had to buy two.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:07

Buy one you get 2

Date: February 28, 2018 14:09

nobodyimportant
yorkshirestone
nobodyimportant

Oh, is it two for the price of one? I was thinking you had to buy two.
It’s 100 Euro/quid for two (they come as two) but my point was flog a spare one to someone on here (or pick up a spare one on here) for face value

Date: February 28, 2018 14:10

syrel
yorkshirestone
nobodyimportant

syrel
Ah good for you man! I’m not jealous at all ;-)

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:12

RG
schwonek

I hope you are right.. I am not going to pay those ridiculous prices for a pit ticket (799 euro's!)
Sometime they'll give a concert and nobody will come.
Last time for me was 2017. I'm not going to pay some hundred euros again for the same songs, same stage-design, same mistakes... The Stones are the band of my life, but they are old and start to become ridiculous - it's time to stop now. Of course that's just my personal opinion.

Date: February 28, 2018 14:15

bernard90mike

Sometime they'll give a concert and nobody will come.
Last time for me was 2017. I'm not going to pay some hundred euros again for the same songs, same stage-design, same mistakes... The Stones are the band of my life, but they are old and start to become ridiculous - it's time to stop now. Of course that's just my personal opinion.

Yeah, well take your opinions over to the complaints thread - we're having fun here!grinning smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:15

If some of you need to give someone spare Lucky Dip to Warsaw call me, haha!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:17

Can i get LD tickets as I have smallish kids and they dont seem to be allowed in the Pit or GA areas? What happens if the LD ends up being there?

Also, when will the LDs for Twickenham go on sale? Is there some kind of presale for those?

Thank you!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:18

yorkshirestone
nobodyimportant

there were a few people looking for 'lucky dip partners' on here last year,

me for example – I offered my LD for Hamburg and Munich on this very forum

Date: February 28, 2018 14:24

yorkshirestone
It’s 100 Euro/quid for two (they come as two) but my point was flog a spare one to someone on here (or pick up a spare one on here) for face value

Aha, in that case I have nothing to lose by having a go. Thanks!

Date: February 28, 2018 14:35

peoplewitheyes
Can i get LD tickets as I have smallish kids and they dont seem to be allowed in the Pit or GA areas? What happens if the LD ends up being there?

Also, when will the LDs for Twickenham go on sale? Is there some kind of presale for those?

Thank you!

I’m taking my kids to Manchester - bit of a risk with ld I think as no under 14s on the pitch (they’re 13 and 10) so plumped for 3 nosebleeds at 60 quid each instead.
Not sure when/if lucky dips go live for uk dates there has been talk of Friday or sometime after fri

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:47

Gazza
Thanks for the advice, everyone. So, basically, going in with a group of other 'Lucky Dippers' who have bought a pair each and agreeing in advance to redistribute your extras improves the chances of everyone getting an upgrade. Cheers.

Yes I am happy to redistribute my spare to someone on this site.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:50

If they have them for Dublin and I get a pair will have a spare....Let's see what happen's...

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 28, 2018 15:08

thanks YorkshireStone!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home