Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 38
Re: Lucky Dips in 2018?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:50

LD tickets are usually 20-30% less than the cheapest regular ticket. But LD won't appear on ticketmaster, eventim etc directly

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:51

LD prices are usually significantly lower than that. But yeah, that price for a pair might not be far off the mark.

Most of the pitch would be in the 'GA' category, so they wouldnt be LD prices

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:02

zgredzik
What if two pairs will buy Lucky Dip and want to be together? Can I do something? I want Lucky Dip for Warsaw. Hope to see some announcement near Friday

You can not request the LDs together (I am not even sure if one charge card can buy 2 pairs... although I seem to remember someone saying they bought several pairs of LDs on one card with no problems)... but even if your seat are not together you can always find the spot at the show whic (for one reason or another) has sections where not many people are sitting/standing. Meets your other couple there to sit/stand together... then move around if needed.

I have never actually sat in my assigned Lucky Dip seats... but I have not YET gotten the Lucky Pit (I aint pretty... I am down right hideous). I view the the LDs as a way to get in the door and then do the self-serve seat upgrade. Depending on the venue it can be easy or hard... but... you know the deal.

Date: February 26, 2018 21:16

slewan
LD tickets are usually 20-30% less than the cheapest regular ticket. But LD won't appear on ticketmaster, eventim etc directly

The LDs I bought (and recently all I have bought are LDs) I had to go to the official Stones website, find the tickets info page, scroll to my show and wait watch and hope the Lucky Dip button activated... then I clicked it and it sent me to the... where ever they were selling seats... I think it was through ticketbastard.

But tourists (and others who are not "in the know" and/or don't bother to look at IORR or the official website) will never even see the bargain basement lucky dips offered as an option... which is why I say they are are a blessing from the Stones to fans. Of course it is good business... but it is not some greedy promoter thing... it is a way for fans who cant (or dont want to) pay 2 gazillionpoundeuros to see a show affordably.

Date: February 26, 2018 21:21

Leonioid
slewan

The LDs I bought (and recently all I have bought are LDs) I had to go to the official Stones website, find the tickets info page, scroll to my show and wait watch and hope the Lucky Dip button activated... then I clicked it and it sent me to the... where ever they were selling seats... I think it was through ticketbastard.

But tourists (and others who are not "in the know" and/or don't bother to look at IORR or the official website) will never even see the bargain basement lucky dips offered as an option... which is why I say they are are a blessing from the Stones to fans. Of course it is good business... but it is not some greedy promoter thing... it is a way for fans who cant (or dont want to) pay 2 gazillionpoundeuros to see a show affordably.

It's basicly business – they have to fill up the front rows. Empty seats/spots don't look good on video screens…

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:25

That £52 surcharge must be the biggest i can remember.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:26

Leonioid
grzegorz67
Nate
I know people who look like potatoes that scored pit tickets on more than one occasion with lucky dips last year so I'm not sure about the theory of having to look like a supermodel to get pit.

Nate

It depended on how many unsold pit tickets there were. When they're more scarce e.g. Paris, the LD Desk could afford to be choosy.

When they were plentiful e.g. when Full Price was 800 EUR, they were much less choosy, under orders to fill the Pit by whatever means. In Paris when collecting my own and opening the envelope, I could see others opening theirs and those celebrating wildly, having clearly scored Pit were invariably verging on the supermodel end of the spectrum grinning smiley

Uhmmm yeah... you can make uo whatever stories you want to fulfill your desire to be a complaining grumpy whiner... but the facts of the matter are those envelopes are sealed and distributed random;y as people walk up. I have seen these many times. It is random... but go ahead and do your conspiracy whiner thing if it makes you feel better.

What on Earth are you wittering on about?? I’m no such thing and I felt very good before and after the concerts thank you very much. I got GA for both my LD shows and got an excellent viewing spot both times and I was delighted with that. If I knew beforehand that’s what I would get I would still have bought them. I got One of the best possible spots in GA both times for 60% of the regular GA price.

As far as I’m concerned, I got lucky, seeing 2 Stones shows for 50 quid each. The Pit Lucky dippers were even luckier and good luck to them. If the Stones decide they’d rather fill the Pit with eye candy than the likes of me and my friend (both 50) then that’s their business. I’d probably want the same in their shoes. Will gladly do Lucky Dip again and will not ‘whine’ regardless of where I end up.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:39

Leonioid
slewan

Thank you, Leonioid. I was in Spielberg last year with Lucky Dip, get expensive sitting ticket - end in GA. It was better for me and I was very pleased with that. This time I wanted to buy Lucky Dip for all concert I am going - Prague and Warsaw. Hope to get them, really! I can't go for both concerts without them sad smiley So this is very important to me.

Date: February 26, 2018 21:59

zgredzik
Leonioid
slewan

Thank you, Leonioid. I was in Spielberg last year with Lucky Dip, get expensive sitting ticket - end in GA. It was better for me and I was very pleased with that. This time I wanted to buy Lucky Dip for all concert I am going - Prague and Warsaw. Hope to get them, really! I can't go for both concerts without them sad smiley So this is very important to me.
You will get them... cool smiley

One of the coolest things about the lucky dips if they are actually easy to get for people like us... people who it is important to. If we stay ready and watch and read here and read over on the official website... the day will come and it is not stressful... just so sweet to grab such an affordable ticket.

Back in the day ( Voodoo Lounge and B2B ) when face value was still affordable (for me) I went to 7-8 shows per tour... and it was stressful getting tickets because I was doing everything I could to get the best seats... sometimes waiting at ticket seller location or the venue... sometimes using 3-4 phone lines from work to try to get through the second it was 10:00AM... trying buy the best seats available the moment they came on sale. LOL.... looking back it was pretty funny..... but it worked and we sat close all the time.

Now with the lucky dips it is just keeping track (several times a day) and waiting and looking and grabbing the LDs when they pop up.... and when they do there is not a mad scramble... they are usually available for several days.... but I grab them ASAP... cuz a man has gots to have his tickets!grinning smiley

Day of the show at the venue I have no expectations (some hopes for pit... but nope) All I want is like you said ""I can't go for so many concerts without them sad smiley So this is very important to me""... I just want inside as many shows as I can afford and I will do the work from in there.

Good luck on getting Lucky Pits zgredzik!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 22:01 by Leonioid.

Date: February 26, 2018 22:07

Leonioid

Back in the day ( Voodoo Lounge and B2B ) when face value was still affordable (for me) I went to 7-8 shows per tour... and it was stressful getting tickets because I was doing everything I could to get the best seats... sometimes waiting at ticket seller location or the venue... sometimes using 3-4 phone lines from work to try to get through the second it was 10:00AM... trying buy the best seats available the moment they came on sale. LOL.... looking back it was pretty funny..... but it worked and we sat close all the time.

but I grab them ASAP... cuz a man has gots to have his tickets!grinning smiley

Good luck on getting Lucky Pits zgredzik!

Haha, it had to be hard to get tickets nearly 30 years ago! Right now with Internet you can buy them with one "click!". But it's more stressful cause more people want and can have them in such easy way. Thank you,I hope that I will find information about Lucky Dips here day before they'll appear! grinning smiley Last time I bought them on the first day of sale, 12nd May on 10:02, haha. I won't forget this moment because I was soo excited. It was my first concert of Stones smiling smiley

Re: Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: BikeDude ()
Date: February 27, 2018 12:13

...there is no possibility to trade down?

Last time around, in Stockholm, my dad and I scored the very best tickets and got to almost touch Mick's feet (we didn't, because he probably would not have liked that).

A week or two earlier I got nosebleed seats in Copenhagen.

But anyway, my dad had an incident in December and he is not going to be able to stand for two hours straight.

Any idea if they will let us swap LD tickets with somebody who has seats?

Rune

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 27, 2018 12:33

wickerman
My friends got tongue pit tickets FOR FREE just minutes before 1st London O2 show back in 2012. They have travelled in hope to get a cheap tickets at the door and they ended up with the best place in the house FOC! I believe someone from the Band´s team saw they are true fans and had 2 spare tickets. Now this is a LUCKY DIP! smiling smiley

That is what happened to me for the 1st Beacon show in 2006 -- but I got 4!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 27, 2018 12:38

grzegorz67
wickerman
grzegorz67
It HAS to happen at those prices. As I said earlier, not a chance in hell could Poland fill the Narodowy if they HALVED those asking prices. Can't see many Germans attending with Berlin getting its own show at a large stadium.

Believe me, Warsaw show will easily sell out even at those prices. There is extreme hype for the Stones right now in Poland. Many people were too young to see them the last time (11 years ago) and now they want to experience the Stones legacy. 2007 poor sales have been affected by late announcement, middle of holiday season as well as less hype. This time this is a completely different story.

Really? Wow. In 2007 I think a lot of people were still very pissed off about the planned 2006 show at Lotnisko Bemowo being cancelled at short notice after Keith fell out of the coconut tree. There was a long wait between the accident and the cancellation anouncement when it really should have been cancelled pretty soon after his accident. I had a ticket for that show but didn't return in 2007. My Warsaw friend also had a ticket for Bemowo but listened to the 2007 show outside for free whilst having a barbecue grinning smiley There was also a big jump in prices between 2006 and 2007 which must have put people off.

On the plus side, good for the Polish Economy and people if it can withstand those prices. I like Poland a lot, hence my user name (I'm actually a Scot).

As a Scot, do you think Edinburgh will be prime to buy tix at high prices (like London high?).

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:39

Are there any news about Lucky Dips???

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:49

Not yet

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:52

How much were LD's on last years No Filter tour....hoping to bag some for Manchester and London 2nd shows.

Date: February 27, 2018 13:53

carouslambra
How much were LD's on last years No Filter tour....hoping to bag some for Manchester and London 2nd shows.

200 pairs a show (at least that's what I was told in Hamburg

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:54

Many thanks!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 27, 2018 13:55

Spielberg was 100 euro you got 2 ticket's a fine deal

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 14:02

little queenie
grzegorz67
wickerman
grzegorz67
It HAS to happen at those prices. As I said earlier, not a chance in hell could Poland fill the Narodowy if they HALVED those asking prices. Can't see many Germans attending with Berlin getting its own show at a large stadium.

Believe me, Warsaw show will easily sell out even at those prices. There is extreme hype for the Stones right now in Poland. Many people were too young to see them the last time (11 years ago) and now they want to experience the Stones legacy. 2007 poor sales have been affected by late announcement, middle of holiday season as well as less hype. This time this is a completely different story.

Really? Wow. In 2007 I think a lot of people were still very pissed off about the planned 2006 show at Lotnisko Bemowo being cancelled at short notice after Keith fell out of the coconut tree. There was a long wait between the accident and the cancellation anouncement when it really should have been cancelled pretty soon after his accident. I had a ticket for that show but didn't return in 2007. My Warsaw friend also had a ticket for Bemowo but listened to the 2007 show outside for free whilst having a barbecue grinning smiley There was also a big jump in prices between 2006 and 2007 which must have put people off.

On the plus side, good for the Polish Economy and people if it can withstand those prices. I like Poland a lot, hence my user name (I'm actually a Scot).

As a Scot, do you think Edinburgh will be prime to buy tix at high prices (like London high?).

Not quite like London but Edinburgh's quite a wealthy city these days.

Date: February 27, 2018 15:38

Still no info about Dips?

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 27, 2018 16:23

zgredzik
Doesn't look like it. I'm not surprised (at least for UK shows) The whole industry here is @#$%&. Maybe they will do some if ticket sales are slow. That's what I'm hoping for. Not gonna pay nearly £300 to be halfway back on a rainy Tuesday night in Manchester

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: February 27, 2018 16:43

After over 2 hours of waiting on a friend I have decided to hang fire for any LD tickets. If not, I will take the advice of some of the more experienced members of this site and turn up on the day at Twickenham and hope for the best.

As has been stated, I don't think these UK dates will sell out by any means. Too many people still anxious about the Aftermath of Brexit and would rather spend their money on a holiday in Spain.

Date: February 27, 2018 16:44

BikeDude
...there is no possibility to trade down?

Last time around, in Stockholm, my dad and I scored the very best tickets and got to almost touch Mick's feet (we didn't, because he probably would not have liked that).

A week or two earlier I got nosebleed seats in Copenhagen.

But anyway, my dad had an incident in December and he is not going to be able to stand for two hours straight.

Any idea if they will let us swap LD tickets with somebody who has seats?

I doubt they will let you swap seats. The way it went for us (and as you probably saw too when you had LDs) is you line up in the lucky dip line, show your IDs... and by the time you are handed your random envelope you are basically inside... there is no going back. ( smoking smiley it gave me chills to think of being there again...HEADED INSIDE to a Stones show!!! )

zgredzik

As far as when they will release the Lucky Dips... some said early in the thread they come with regular sale... but I said it seemed like they were released 2 weeks after... which is how I would do it if I was them. If the show sells out why offer discount tickets?

But if it goes like it has gone for the previous tours, these massive stadium show will NOT sellout. There will still be tickets available at the box office the night of the show. That is how it has gone for the last 5 tours.

People waiting for LDs... keep your eyes open... keep looking here and on the official web site. They will drop... maybe leter today... maybe tomorrow ... maybe later in the week... maybe in 2 weeks... and when they do... GET EM WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD!

In the mean time Lucky Dips people should not panic. No stress.

There is plenty of time before the shows.

Plan on going to the shows (get your airbnb room, hotel, car, train, plane, horse, wife ready to go) and even if lucky dips never show up ( but they will ) there will be cheap tickets available day of the show. You can bank on that. We have seen this for a long long long time. It is the way things are.

In mean time... put on some Stones music and crank it up to 11 and get YOUR ROCKS OFF!

STONES!!!

Good luck!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 16:48 by Leonioid.

Date: February 27, 2018 17:00

Leonioid
I doubt they will let you swap seats. The way it went for us (and as you probably saw too when you had LDs) is you line up in the lucky dip line, show your IDs... and by the time you are handed your random envelope you are basically inside... there is no going back. ( smoking smiley it gave me chills to think of being there again...HEADED INSIDE to a Stones show!!! )

It was a little bit different in Stockholm (and Copenhagen). They put wristbands on us and we had to go stand in the normal queue outside. Quite a walk and a lot of waiting.

I don't think anybody actually checked our wristbands, but it took a bit of effort to remove them (the CPH one was relatively easy to remove and, in theory, tag somebody else).

Leonioid
As far as when they will release the Lucky Dips... some said early in the thread they come with regular sale... but I said it seemed like they were released 2 weeks after... which is how I would do it if I was them. If the show sells out why offer discount tickets?

Last time around, it seemed to me that as the regular sale started, there was an hour (or two) delay and then the lucky dips started showing.

Rune

Date: February 27, 2018 17:15

It was a little bit different in Stockholm (and Copenhagen). They put wristbands on us and we had to go stand in the normal queue outside. Quite a walk and a lot of waiting.

I don't think anybody actually checked our wristbands, but it took a bit of effort to remove them (the CPH one was relatively easy to remove and, in theory, tag somebody else).

If it goes like that... if they give you tickets and send you on your way to enter when you want... then you could sure try to offer a swap to someone... or heck, you could out right sell them... and then buy some other tickets with a seat. There are tons of tickets available before stadium shows.

I guess the key would be read reports from the shows and see how it goes.
I have read others say over time usually LDs are forced to go immediately inside with no hope of selling/swapping and that is how it went every time I had them).

But who knows... and I guess that is all part of the fun

PS
as far as wrist bands... those damned things... When ever I am getting mine (for any event anywhere anytime anything) I always mention/say/insist(try to insist) NOT TOO TIGHT!! DONT STICK MY ARM HAIR!! GRRRRR!!!!!... lol... and they put it on looser... and then I can Houdini slip it on and off as needed. Damned wrist bands.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 17:23 by Leonioid.

Date: February 27, 2018 21:09

Yeah, I was surprised at the time, because I had read similar reports. I expected to be whisked away through some VIP entrance or similar, but instead I joined the plebs outside! smiling smiley

Still... Bloody good fun was had once inside. I really despise travelling (airports especially), but totally worth all the hassle when there is a Stones show at the end of the journey.

Rune

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 27, 2018 21:28

stonesrick
After over 2 hours of waiting on a friend I have decided to hang fire for any LD tickets. If not, I will take the advice of some of the more experienced members of this site and turn up on the day at Twickenham and hope for the best.

As has been stated, I don't think these UK dates will sell out by any means. Too many people still anxious about the Aftermath of Brexit and would rather spend their money on a holiday in Spain.

The bigger impact will be on the 20- 40yr old concert goers who already have a busy summer with Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Foo Fighters etc all touring May/June.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2018 03:57

Leonioid

If it goes like that... if they give you tickets and send you on your way to enter when you want... then you could sure try to offer a swap to someone... or heck, you could out right sell them... and then buy some other tickets with a seat. There are tons of tickets available before stadium shows.

I have read others say over time usually LDs are forced to go immediately inside with no hope of selling/swapping and that is how it went every time I had them).

I've no experience of LD's and as I havent been at a Stones show since 2014 I'm a bit out of the loop with these, so correct me if I'm wrong with these scenarios

1) You and a friend buy a pair of Lucky Dips each. Ie, four tickets. You agree to take which ever LD is best. Your friend's LD is for Golden Circle. Yours is for an OK seat or GA. Youre obviously going with the Golden Circle - rather than just dump the extra pair, couldnt you just give them to the person behind you in the queue whose LD ended up as nosebleeds?

2) Similar scenario. There isnt any way you could just resell your extras for a knockdown price to some random person outside?

Date: February 28, 2018 04:18

Gazza
Leonioid

I've no experience of LD's and as I havent been at a Stones show since 2014 I'm a bit out of the loop with these, so correct me if I'm wrong with these scenarios

1) You and a friend buy a pair of Lucky Dips each. Ie, four tickets. You agree to take which ever LD is best. Your friend's LD is for Golden Circle. Yours is for an OK seat or GA. Youre obviously going with the Golden Circle - rather than just dump the extra pair, couldnt you just give them to the person behind you in the queue whose LD ended up as nosebleeds?

2) Similar scenario. There isnt any way you could just resell your extras for a knockdown price to some random person outside?

Every time I used them on the Zipper tour in the states we had to line up in the zig zag ropes and there was no going back. You went up to the front showed ID and they handed us the envelope and then we had to go in. period. Unless there was a sneaky way to sneak out of there, which I didnt see (and I did kind of scope it out) there was no selling them off to a random.

Of course if someone in line behind you got nose bleed....

As we get our tickets we head in the stadium there is no more showing IDs and if as you said we had the extra pair of good seats whcih we were not using we could stop and ask the people what tickets they got, and if they were nosebleeds, there was nothing/no one stopping us from handing them "better than that" tickets.

But I will say... when I got nose bleeds in the lucky dips we had no intention of going "up there"... and I would suggest no one should (I mean someone has to go "up there"... but not you or I)... we are going to check out the inside layout and see where we land.

I have always been like that. If I didn't own real estate upfront then I am floating. There is no way in hell I am sitting upstairs in hell. And that has always worked. We may have had to move a couple of times... but we were happy and never caused trouble... were just rocking and rolling... singing and dancin and havin fun!... walkin (to our new seats) before they make us run... I was just happy to be inside a Stones show for 50 bucks... and for that I say THANK YOU MICK JAGGER! drinking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 04:44 by Leonioid.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home