Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 38
Lucky Dips tickets 2018
Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 26, 2018 15:07

Any news on Lucky Dip tickets for this year´s tour? No announcement so far mentions this. I hope they will still continue this great offer which allows hardcore fans to travel to multiple shows at smaller expense!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 21:52 by bv.

Re: Lucky Dips in 2018?
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 15:20

wickerman
Any news on Lucky Dip tickets for this year´s tour? No announcement so far mentions this. I hope they will still continue this great offer which allows hardcore fans to travel to multiple shows at smaller expense!

It HAS to happen at those prices. As I said earlier, not a chance in hell could Poland fill the Narodowy if they HALVED those asking prices. Can't see many Germans attending with Berlin getting its own show at a large stadium.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 26, 2018 15:23

I hope for it!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 26, 2018 15:25

wickerman

Any news on Lucky Dip tickets for this year´s tour?

If there're LD-Tickets again, then there should be an official announcement like in 2017.

Date: February 26, 2018 15:31

Irix
wickerman

If there're LD-Tickets again, then there should be an official announcement like in 2017.

For 14OF in 2014, the Lucky Dips Sale was anounced a week or 2 AFTER the general sale. The General Sale was officially anounced as a crazy fast "Sell Out" (ha ha) and the LD Sale came later. I'm not even going to bother with the Presale tomorrow. I'm confident there will be an LD Sale.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 15:51 by grzegorz67.

Date: February 26, 2018 15:54

grzegorz67
It HAS to happen at those prices. As I said earlier, not a chance in hell could Poland fill the Narodowy if they HALVED those asking prices. Can't see many Germans attending with Berlin getting its own show at a large stadium.

Believe me, Warsaw show will easily sell out even at those prices. There is extreme hype for the Stones right now in Poland. Many people were too young to see them the last time (11 years ago) and now they want to experience the Stones legacy. 2007 poor sales have been affected by late announcement, middle of holiday season as well as less hype. This time this is a completely different story.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2018 16:04

grzegorz67
Irix
wickerman

For 14OF in 2014, the Lucky Dips Sale was anounced a week or 2 AFTER the general sale. The General Sale was officially anounced as a crazy fast "Sell Out" (ha ha) and the LD Sale came later. I'm not even going to bother with the Presale tomorrow. I'm confident there will be an LD Sale.

That link that Irix posted was dated 10/5/17. The tour was announced the day before, so by that yardstick we should be hearing about Lucky Dips tomorrow and certainly ahead of the general sale.

I take it these tickets arent sold in pre-sales?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 26, 2018 16:05

Correct. LD's are only part of the general sale.

Date: February 26, 2018 16:06

wickerman
grzegorz67

Believe me, Warsaw show will easily sell out even at those prices. There is extreme hype for the Stones right now in Poland. Many people were too young to see them the last time (11 years ago) and now they want to experience the Stones legacy. 2007 poor sales have been affected by late announcement, middle of holiday season as well as less hype. This time this is a completely different story.

Really? Wow. In 2007 I think a lot of people were still very pissed off about the planned 2006 show at Lotnisko Bemowo being cancelled at short notice after Keith fell out of the coconut tree. There was a long wait between the accident and the cancellation anouncement when it really should have been cancelled pretty soon after his accident. I had a ticket for that show but didn't return in 2007. My Warsaw friend also had a ticket for Bemowo but listened to the 2007 show outside for free whilst having a barbecue grinning smiley There was also a big jump in prices between 2006 and 2007 which must have put people off.

On the plus side, good for the Polish Economy and people if it can withstand those prices. I like Poland a lot, hence my user name (I'm actually a Scot).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 16:12 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 26, 2018 16:14

If I was them I would not even hint about discount lucky dips until 2-3 weeks after the normal sale. I mean what if on a fluke all tickets sell out at normal prices?

EDIT- or I read above Gazza saying lucky dips are part of the general sale... so I may be wrong about the timing... he is usually correct.... but either way, lucky dips in the past did keep popping up if/when tickets did not sell out. If you want a bargain keep your eyes open for them.

If you are on a budget/can and not afford 400-1000 then wait for lucky dips, they are a fine way to attend the show for a very affordable amount of money.

If you are really really on a budget then wait until 1-2 days before, or the actual day of show and go out find tickets... there will be super bargains. There always is, no matter who the group is when the venues are this HUGE and there are seats which should not even exist (they are so far away)... and it is those tickets will be available for not much money.

Of course everyone knows all of this...
but it is worth saying to calm the torn and frayed nerves as S-Day approaches

If you want to see the Stones (and you should go every time they are close by) then you can go see them for the price of a couple of dinners. Even the far away tickets are pretty good these days with the way they do the HUGE video screens.

Plus I am true believer that if you are a good fan and buy a lucky dip good things will happen... maybe a pit ticket for you!

Be happy as fk! THE STONES ARE TOURING AGAIN!!!
THAT IS THE GREATEST NEWS WE CAN HOPE FOR!!! THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 16:20 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 26, 2018 16:24

Exactly. What they want you to do now is panic and splurge for expensive ticket. It's smarter to wait it out a little bit.

Date: February 26, 2018 16:27

My Warsaw friend also had a ticket for Bemowo but listened to the 2007 show outside for free whilst having a barbecue
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Also a fine way to go see to a show... if/when money/situations are tight.
But no matter what if they play close by you, get to the show! One way or another.

Anything can happen... someone could come walking by and hand you tickets for free... but you have to be a good fan and a true believer. I am both and have all sorts of crazy good happen to me like this. It is one of the reasons I am a such a devoted fan and have little/no patience for snottyness about this band coming from grumpsters.

Date: February 26, 2018 16:31

My friends got tongue pit tickets FOR FREE just minutes before 1st London O2 show back in 2012. They have travelled in hope to get a cheap tickets at the door and they ended up with the best place in the house FOC! I believe someone from the Band´s team saw they are true fans and had 2 spare tickets. Now this is a LUCKY DIP! smiling smiley

Date: February 26, 2018 16:34

wickerman
My friends got tongue pit tickets FOR FREE just minutes before 1st London O2 show back in 2012. They have travelled in hope to get a cheap tickets at the door and they ended up with the best place in the house FOC! I believe someone from the Band´s team saw they are true fans and had 2 spare tickets. Now this is a LUCKY DIP! smiling smiley

Cholera jasne! grinning smiley smileys with beer

Date: February 26, 2018 16:40

Leonioid
My Warsaw friend also had a ticket for Bemowo but listened to the 2007 show outside for free whilst having a barbecue
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Also a fine way to go see to a show... if/when money/situations are tight.
But no matter what if they play close by you, get to the show! One way or another.

Anything can happen... someone could come walking by and hand you tickets for free... but you have to be a good fan and a true believer. I am both and have all sorts of crazy good happen to me like this. It is one of the reasons I am a such a devoted fan and have little/no patience for snottyness about this band coming from grumpsters.

Money being tight was not the reason he didn't go.

A true believer of what? You certainly have to be very patient, vigilant and, of course, very lucky. I've picked up tickets for Stones gigs on show day 3 times, once at face value, the other 2 at a huge discount.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 16:49 by grzegorz67.

Date: February 26, 2018 16:43

wickerman
smileys with beer
Fkg-a!!! FKG-A!!!have had stuff like that happen to me too, more than once...
All ya gotta do is believe... hope for the best... think positive waves...
leave the grumps at home... AND BELIEVE IN THE STONES!!!
The Stones- One of the few things in my life that have never let me down... NO STOPPING

1) Lucky Dip (or another way) your way inside... 2) Find your best viewing angle... lights go down... 3) PROFIT!!!

STONES!!!

Date: February 26, 2018 17:03

Also, all 6 of us (3 LD pairs) got pit tickets for Hamburg opening night last week. We didn´t have our hopes up and what a surprise when we all opened our envelopes! We were screaming and jumping around like crazy! lol hot smiley And what a night we had - with Mr. D, Under My Thumb and Play With Fire making it an extra special one!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 26, 2018 17:11

Hello,

No LDs = no SimonN at Edinburgh or Manch!

Looking forward to the pre-show meet-ups as much as the show itself, to be honest.

Best of IORR luck to us all!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: February 26, 2018 17:50

wickerman
Also, all 6 of us (3 LD pairs) got pit tickets for Hamburg opening night last week. We didn´t have our hopes up and what a surprise when we all opened our envelopes! We were screaming and jumping around like crazy! lol hot smiley And what a night we had - with Mr. D, Under My Thumb and Play With Fire making it an extra special one!

That is freekin awesome!
I really appreciate The Stones doing this... making life time, good time memories.

And there are many other stories like that... gotta love it!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 18:01

SimonN
Hello,

Looking forward to the pre-show meet-ups as much as the show itself, to be honest.

Cheers,

Simon.

Looks like cardiff for me, Simon.

Hopefully a Friday or Saturday one in london would be nice.

Date: February 26, 2018 19:03

Leonioid
wickerman

That is freekin awesome!
I really appreciate The Stones doing this... making life time, good time memories.

And there are many other stories like that... gotta love it!

It's not the Stones doing it. It's their Promoters as they have a brief to ensure the sections closest to the stage are all full. The more expensive full price tickets are, the greater the chance you'll score Pit with LD.

In Paris, the people staffing the Lucky Dip desks had 2 piles of tickets. If you are young, attractive and female, or your LD Partner is, your chances of Pit are far higher.

I got GA with both my Paris LDs but it was still excellent as I was right at the front.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 26, 2018 19:12

I know people who look like potatoes that scored pit tickets on more than one occasion with lucky dips last year so I'm not sure about the theory of having to look like a supermodel to get pit.

Nate

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 26, 2018 19:17

odean73
SimonN
Hello,
Cheers,
Simon.

Looks like cardiff for me, Simon.

Hopefully a Friday or Saturday one in london would be nice.

Wotcha Mike,

Cardiff will be a blast, no doubt! I'll see how the tour list fills as they add shows and see if London is a go-er...

As much as I hate the stupid ticket prices and the safe set-lists, I am pretty excited at this happening!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 26, 2018 19:34

What if two pairs will buy Lucky Dip and want to be together? Can I do something? I want Lucky Dip for Warsaw. Hope to see some announcement near Friday

Date: February 26, 2018 19:37

Nate
I know people who look like potatoes that scored pit tickets on more than one occasion with lucky dips last year so I'm not sure about the theory of having to look like a supermodel to get pit.

Nate

It depended on how many unsold pit tickets there were. When they're more scarce e.g. Paris, the LD Desk could afford to be choosy.

When they were plentiful e.g. when Full Price was 800 EUR, they were much less choosy, under orders to fill the Pit by whatever means. In Paris when collecting my own and opening the envelope, I could see others opening theirs and those celebrating wildly, having clearly scored Pit were invariably verging on the supermodel end of the spectrum grinning smiley

Date: February 26, 2018 20:13

grzegorz67
Nate

Nate

It depended on how many unsold pit tickets there were. When they're more scarce e.g. Paris, the LD Desk could afford to be choosy.

When they were plentiful e.g. when Full Price was 800 EUR, they were much less choosy, under orders to fill the Pit by whatever means. In Paris when collecting my own and opening the envelope, I could see others opening theirs and those celebrating wildly, having clearly scored Pit were invariably verging on the supermodel end of the spectrum grinning smiley

Uhmmm yeah... you can make uo whatever stories you want to fulfill your desire to be a complaining grumpy whiner... but the facts of the matter are those envelopes are sealed and distributed random;y as people walk up. I have seen these many times. It is random... but go ahead and do your conspiracy whiner thing if it makes you feel better.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:35

Nate

Nate

Harsh. bv is a handsome man. And I'm not gay.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:39

Nate

Nate

I'm neither a supermodel nor a potatoe (rather slim like a french fry) but I got 66% success in getting Lucky Dip tickets… (I used to be blond – some 45 years ago, when I still had hair).
But I guess it depends on the venue – for example: In Hamburg everbody got their LD tickets from the same box. In Dusseldorf on the other hand I had the feeling that the lady handing out the envelops had two piles of them (altought I could not see them)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 20:42 by slewan.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:47

Manchester price range:
£89.95* - £451.95*
£451.95 (£399.95 Ticket + £52.00 Fees)

£89.95.. sound like LD pricing to me.. anyone know if that's what last years ran?
Per pair, I believe (?)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:49

MisterDDDD
Manchester price range:
£89.95* - £451.95*
£451.95 (£399.95 Ticket + £52.00 Fees)

£89.95.. sound like LD pricing to me.. anyone know if that's what last years ran?
Per pair, I believe (?)

Last year LD tickets didn't appear in the price range because they were sold in an separate sale.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home