Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:13

corriecas
terry
Pleased to say my Southampton tickets arrived today ...yay

By mail or email...
Still have none
Jeroen

Hi jeroen my tickets come by mail and i signed for them.
So hopefully you will receive yours soon.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 15, 2018 23:22

Can’t get no satisfaction: Rolling Stones concert not yet sold out

Tickets went on sale in March for between €70.45 and €456

A Rolling Stones mural on the side of JJ Smyth’s pub, a music venue on Dublin’s Aungier Street

[www.irishtimes.com]

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 16, 2018 18:29

I'm sure someone has checked this out somewhere in one of the threads... Because of me not noticing an AXS screw up, my Lucky Dip tickets for next Tuesday's show are listed as 'electronic ticket' rather than box office collection. I'm presuming if I just turn up with my reference number on Tuesday things will be fine, but has anyone in a similar situation contacted AXS to confirm?

syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-17 01:15 by syrel.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 16, 2018 20:08

Just received the first of my tix for the 3 shows I'm going to - eTix for Twickenham. Still waiting patiently for Cardiff (paper, so hope they make it) and Edinburgh. Does make ya wonder why tickets for the 19th June go out before tickets for the 9th...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 16, 2018 20:48

JN99
Just received the first of my tix for the 3 shows I'm going to - eTix for Twickenham. Still waiting patiently for Cardiff (paper, so hope they make it) and Edinburgh. Does make ya wonder why tickets for the 19th June go out before tickets for the 9th...

I received my Twickenham tickets before my Stratford tickets...yep, makes no sense.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: May 16, 2018 21:30

Any pictures of the stage for this leg?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 16, 2018 22:10

swaff

Any pictures of the stage for this leg?

Pictures: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Videos: [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] .

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 16, 2018 23:31

syrel
I'm sure someone has checked this out somewhere in one of the threads... Because of me noticing an AXS screw up, my Lucky Dip tickets for next Tuesday's show are listed as 'electronic ticket' rather than box office collection. I'm presuming if I just turn up with my reference number on Tuesday things will be fine, but has anyone in a similar situation contacted AXS to confirm?

syrel

Hi, syrel, I was in the same boat. Got an email saying need to pick up LD at the box office.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 17, 2018 01:17

Thanks Angee. Actually, just realised that I have had an email like that too - but it's not show specific (I have 4xLDs) so hadn't registered it might be for London. I'm sure everything will be fine. It's just a shame that we know more than the ticket sellers!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 17, 2018 17:06

'People are in for a real treat': Rolling Stones manager Joyce Smyth previews the No Filter UK & Ireland tour

[www.musicweek.com]

by James Hanley
May 17th 2018 at 7:00AM

The Rolling Stones' manager Joyce Smyth has tipped the band's first UK and Ireland tour in five years to evoke "a huge deal of emotion" ahead of tonight's opener at Dublin's Croke Park.

The legendary group, who star on the cover of the latest issue of Music Week, are due to play AEG-promoted nights at London Stadium (May 22/25), Southampton’s St Mary’s Stadium (May 29), Coventry’s Ricoh Stadium (June 2), Old Trafford Football Stadium in Manchester (June 5), Murrayfield in Edinburgh (June 9) and Principality Stadium, Cardiff (June 15) before finishing back in London at Twickenham on June 19.

The No Filter European tour's 14-date first leg, which visited Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, ranked ninth in Pollstar’s Top 100 Worldwide Tours of 2017, moving 755,345 tickets for a total gross of $120m (£89m). But UK and Ireland dates had to be placed on the back burner, with the band tweeting last May: “Sorry to our UK fans there are no UK dates on this run, due to lack of available venues because of sporting fixtures. Hope to be here in 2018."

“We really wanted [the UK] to be part of the 2017 series of gigs, but just couldn’t get the venues,” Smyth told Music Week. “When we sat down again in Paris in October they really wanted to do the UK and I was panicking slightly that it didn’t leave a lot of time. There are only so many gigs these stadiums will allow you and then it’s back to the football, and we were obviously very late coming into the party.

What you will see is the Stones without the filter - just them playing at their very best because I honestly think they're getting better and better

Joyce Smyth

“But I’m very lucky to be the conductor of this magnificent orchestra of people. And everybody really moves fast - including our poor promoters to whom I had to say, ‘Can you make this happen?’ People say to me our tour routing can be a bit illogical and ask why we're doing Scotland, then coming back down south and then up again. It's just the [availability]."

Smyth, who was the band’s lawyer before becoming their manager nine years ago, also commented on a regular source of controversy - the price of tickets for the tour. General sale tickets range from £59.95 for upper tier seats to £249.95 for Gold Circle.

“I know it’s not a cheap gig, but it’s trying to ensure there is something for everybody in terms of reach and cost,” she said. "There are huge costs involved and they’re actually mounting because we can’t do 85 shows at a time now and amortise it over that period. It’s these batches, and then we’ve got to start again.”

After the UK dates, the tour continues on for stops in Germany, France, Czech Republic and Poland.

Smyth added: "What you will see is the Stones without the filter - just them playing at their very best because I honestly think they're getting better and better. I know Keith [Richards] himself will tell you that, but they really are. The show will include all sorts of genres of music, as well as the hits, and I think people are in for a real treat."

Subscribers can read Music Week's cover story on The Rolling Stones touring machine in full here. Elsewhere, we revisit the band's UK gigs from summer 2013 here and go inside their merchandise empire here.

[www.musicweek.com]

Date: May 17, 2018 19:04

No Filter Tour Merch and City Specific Exclusives!

The Rolling Stones are back out on the road, on the Ireland, UK & European leg of their No Filter Tour!

For every place they visit to play a show, we will be releasing unique, city specific artwork, t-shirts and merch, exclusive to the Stones’ official store and at the tour merch stands.

The brand new merch will be available online, on the day of each show, for a limited time only. Check out web exclusive No Filter merch in the Stones’ store.

Make sure you grab a special piece of memorabilia, while you can!

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: May 18, 2018 12:27

Tickets for both the 22nd and 25th London stadium shows have finally arrived. Boy they are leaving it late with sending the tickets out these days haha

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 18, 2018 18:51

Travman87
Tickets for both the 22nd and 25th London stadium shows have finally arrived. Boy they are leaving it late with sending the tickets out these days haha

The reason tickets are sent out late is to curb the resale market from competing against the box office

Date: May 18, 2018 20:11

DREAMTIME
The reason tickets are sent out late is to curb the resale market from competing against the box office

It's a crying shame if they think most of the ticket buyers are bastards! Tomorrow morning I leave my home in Germany for London I & II, Southampton and Coventry. I have no idea how to get my tickets for Coventry witch I orderd and payed on March 13th! My askings from Monday and Wednesday to AXS being unanswerded to date. I have no mobile pc or cell phone.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 19, 2018 15:37

bye bye johnny
Can’t get no satisfaction: Rolling Stones concert not yet sold out

Tickets went on sale in March for between €70.45 and €456

A Rolling Stones mural on the side of JJ Smyth’s pub, a music venue on Dublin’s Aungier Street

[www.irishtimes.com]

Who's that guy second from right? Is it Mick Taylor? And where is Mick Jagger?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 20, 2018 01:12

Lucky Dips now available for all UK shows.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 20, 2018 13:25

Great stuff. I just scored lucky dips for Coventry!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 20, 2018 18:17

A repost/ reminder/ update on shirts, merchandise:

For every place they visit to play a show, we will be releasing unique, city specific artwork, t-shirts and merch, exclusive to the Stones’ official store and at the tour merch stands.

The brand new merch will be available online, on the day of each show, for a limited time only. Check out web exclusive No Filter merch in the Stones’ store.

Date: May 20, 2018 18:19

Cristiano Radtke
'People are in for a real treat': Rolling Stones manager Joyce Smyth previews the No Filter UK & Ireland tour

[www.musicweek.com]

by James Hanley
May 17th 2018 at 7:00AM

The Rolling Stones' manager Joyce Smyth has tipped the band's first UK and Ireland tour in five years to evoke "a huge deal of emotion" ahead of tonight's opener at Dublin's Croke Park.

The legendary group, who star on the cover of the latest issue of Music Week, are due to play AEG-promoted nights at London Stadium (May 22/25), Southampton’s St Mary’s Stadium (May 29), Coventry’s Ricoh Stadium (June 2), Old Trafford Football Stadium in Manchester (June 5), Murrayfield in Edinburgh (June 9) and Principality Stadium, Cardiff (June 15) before finishing back in London at Twickenham on June 19.

The No Filter European tour's 14-date first leg, which visited Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, ranked ninth in Pollstar’s Top 100 Worldwide Tours of 2017, moving 755,345 tickets for a total gross of $120m (£89m). But UK and Ireland dates had to be placed on the back burner, with the band tweeting last May: “Sorry to our UK fans there are no UK dates on this run, due to lack of available venues because of sporting fixtures. Hope to be here in 2018."

“We really wanted [the UK] to be part of the 2017 series of gigs, but just couldn’t get the venues,” Smyth told Music Week. “When we sat down again in Paris in October they really wanted to do the UK and I was panicking slightly that it didn’t leave a lot of time. There are only so many gigs these stadiums will allow you and then it’s back to the football, and we were obviously very late coming into the party.

What you will see is the Stones without the filter - just them playing at their very best because I honestly think they're getting better and better

Joyce Smyth

“But I’m very lucky to be the conductor of this magnificent orchestra of people. And everybody really moves fast - including our poor promoters to whom I had to say, ‘Can you make this happen?’ People say to me our tour routing can be a bit illogical and ask why we're doing Scotland, then coming back down south and then up again. It's just the [availability]."

Smyth, who was the band’s lawyer before becoming their manager nine years ago, also commented on a regular source of controversy - the price of tickets for the tour. General sale tickets range from £59.95 for upper tier seats to £249.95 for Gold Circle.

“I know it’s not a cheap gig, but it’s trying to ensure there is something for everybody in terms of reach and cost,” she said. "There are huge costs involved and they’re actually mounting because we can’t do 85 shows at a time now and amortise it over that period. It’s these batches, and then we’ve got to start again.”

After the UK dates, the tour continues on for stops in Germany, France, Czech Republic and Poland.

Smyth added: "What you will see is the Stones without the filter - just them playing at their very best because I honestly think they're getting better and better. I know Keith [Richards] himself will tell you that, but they really are. The show will include all sorts of genres of music, as well as the hits, and I think people are in for a real treat."

Subscribers can read Music Week's cover story on The Rolling Stones touring machine in full here. Elsewhere, we revisit the band's UK gigs from summer 2013 here and go inside their merchandise empire here.

[www.musicweek.com]

*thanks Cristiano, thanks Ms. Smyth

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 20, 2018 21:33

What is the tongue design for the flags?

Union Jack or English/Scottish/Welsh flag?

Date: May 20, 2018 21:45

TooTough

Looks like these:

[www.Selfridges.com]

Date: May 21, 2018 12:48

Irix
TooTough

Looks like these:

Thanks, Irix! Do you have a link to the English flag as a .jpg?

Date: May 21, 2018 14:15

TooTough

Do you have a link to the English flag as a .jpg?

That's all what I currently have:

[www.Selfridges.com]

Date: May 21, 2018 19:54

Keith Richards: Touring 'one of the few habits I haven't given up'

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 21, 2018 23:21

Irix
TooTough

Do you have a link to the English flag as a .jpg?

That's all what I currently have:

[www.Selfridges.com]

Thanks, that´s already a good one.

Date: May 22, 2018 00:32

bye bye johnny
Keith Richards: Touring 'one of the few habits I haven't given up'

[www.youtube.com]

*Very special, thank you, and Ronnie:
Looking forward to Twickenham too! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: May 22, 2018 19:20

Keith Richards: London will be Rolling Stones’ most critical audience

The guitarist was speaking ahead of the band’s shows at the London Stadium and Twickenham.

(Yui Mok/PA)

By Andrew Arthur, Press Association Entertainment Reporter

May 22 2018

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has said he feels nervous ahead of the band’s first show in London for five years.

They last played live in the capital in 2013 when they headlined two shows at Hyde Park.

Richards, singer Mick Jagger, guitarist Ronnie Wood and drummer Charlie Watts will play two dates at the London Stadium in Stratford and another at Twickenham in June.

When asked about the group’s return to the city in which it formed in 1962, Richards joked about the weather and admitted to a little apprehension about the shows.

Richards said: “Depending on the weather! It will be great, I’m sure.

“I mean, we started there, and they will probably be our most critical audience.

“Playing your home town makes you nervous!”

Richards added that despite more than five decades of playing live together, none of his bandmates are planning to quit anytime soon.

“It’s a habit! Its a lovely habit. It’s one of the few I haven’t given up!

“It’s a joy to play with these guys, you know. And they all want to do it.

“I mean, who’s going to be the first one of us to say ‘I want to get off this bus’?

“Get out of here, right?! ‘Til you drop, you know?”

The Rolling Stones will kick off the UK leg of their No Filter tour with two shows at the home ground of Premier League club West Ham United, having played Dublin’s Croke Park on May 17.

As well as London, the rockers will also play stadiums in Southampton, Coventry, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff.

Richards’ fellow guitarist Wood expressed his excitement about the band’s last UK show of the tour – at the home of English rugby, where his father went to watch the Stones in the 1970s.

Wood said: “I’m really looking forward to Twickenham because my dad came there when he was alive and kicking back in the ’70s.

“I put him with Michael Caine and they had a great time in my dressing room!”

[www.independent.ie]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 22, 2018 20:23

Ahead of their live dates in England, The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts talk about their pre-show rituals. (May 22)

Jagger's Bob Marley dance warm-up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 23, 2018 00:01

Is the video/music intro the same as last year?

Date: May 23, 2018 02:00

Cristiano Radtke
Ahead of their live dates in England, The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts talk about their pre-show rituals. (May 22)

Jagger's Bob Marley dance warm-up

So great, thank you.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home