Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:15

Healy52003

One intresting point that if this is granted than the precidence of 3 concerts per year rule is abolished and whats stopping promoters applying for more than the legal number each year ???

In Hamburg Stadtpark there played in 1987 David Bowie, in 1989 Pink Floyd and in 2017 The Rolling Stones - but Hamburg's City Council said clearly there will be no concerts in the next time in the Stadtpark.

The Dublin City Council could handle the 4th concert as a single exception from the rule - because it's The Rolling Stones ....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:17

Healy52003
[www.independent.ie]

"It's like a big outdoor nightclub, 80,000 people coming to and from and that brings its own vibe to the area.

"It's atmosphere is very, very different than you would expect living next to a stadium where there are football games being played."

Those on the residents' association insisted they were not anti-GAA or anti-Croke Park.

A number who spoke at the meeting had mixed views on whether the concert should go ahead.

Eddie Traynor, who was vocal throughout the meeting, said allowing a fourth concert to take place would set a dangerous precedent.

"If we let them away once, if you don't hold your ground and you let them away once, it's four this year, it'll be five next year and before you know it, it'll be 10," he said.

"People say we shouldn't live there... our families were there long before that monstrosity was built," he added.

...Ahhh! The old Slippery Slope argumentgrinning smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:19

RE: Berlin

Everything 'cept for the pit is available again through the Eventim pre-sale.
Just like last year in Germany I guess. Pit will also be available again, and again.

While typing this, GA is gone again... Just keep trying.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: doorStone ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:36

Any news about a possible second concert in Manchester?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:43

doorStone
Any news about a possible second concert in Manchester?

They won't make that decision until they see how the general sales go on Friday.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:47

Just been a TV advert for the tour on ITV UK

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2018 21:18

Healy52003
[www.independent.ie]

"It's like a big outdoor nightclub, 80,000 people coming to and from and that brings its own vibe to the area.

"It's atmosphere is very, very different than you would expect living next to a stadium where there are football games being played."

Those on the residents' association insisted they were not anti-GAA or anti-Croke Park.

A number who spoke at the meeting had mixed views on whether the concert should go ahead.

Eddie Traynor, who was vocal throughout the meeting, said allowing a fourth concert to take place would set a dangerous precedent.

"If we let them away once, if you don't hold your ground and you let them away once, it's four this year, it'll be five next year and before you know it, it'll be 10," he said.

"People say we shouldn't live there... our families were there long before that monstrosity was built," he added.

You could have moved if the 'monstrosity' was that much of a problem.Its only been there for 134 years ffs!! Personally, I'd never buy a house anywhere near a sports stadium of any kind, and certainly not one that holds over 80,000 people.

They had four concerts in 2009 (one by Take That and three by U2) so there IS a precedent - and guess what, there wasnt 5 or 10 annually after that.

They should make a compromise and insist that there are only two shows maximum in 2019. Think that would be fair enough to everyone.

Date: February 28, 2018 21:20

I just got an email from AEG announcing a presale tomorrow but they include no code or other specific details. If there's no code required, it will be no different from the Friday general onsale. Guess we will all just have to log in to see what happens.

Date: February 28, 2018 21:21

Healy52003
Gazza
Healy52003
IrelandCalling4
Gazza
Healy52003
according to an Irish paper the following are the prices for the Croke Park gig

€71,€90,€136 and €181 (+€6.85 TM fee)

I imagine GA is €90 and no listed prices for Golden Circle and pit yet

Not bad, if thats the case - and those prices would make sense if they're going to fill a stadium of that size in an island of 6 million people. Most of whom will be the sort of event junkies that turn up to any large scale gig.

I'd be surprised if the best seats are 'only' €181, going by the UK prices though and I would assume all of those prices are without the booking fee, which is calculated against the ticket price. €6.85 looks more like a standard fee for posting the tickets, surely.

It'd be such a shame if Dublin doesn't go ahead.

Seeing them in Edinburgh will be great but to see them at home also in Ireland would be wonderful smiling smiley

yeah its 50/50 really

the DCC could get scared by the residents objection and concerns and decided nah its worth it and wont licence the show. I doubt the band have a back up venue lined up either

If the ticket sale does go ahead on the 23rd March than its anyones guess

The promoter lines up the back up venue, not the band. And a council isnt going to get 'scared' by a few residents if theres MILLIONS of Euro in tourism to be made. Its not as if Irish politicians have no previous history in bending regulations.

And I would bet the band's tour management company and promoters would have foreseen this. They covered that eventuality in 2006 when Wembley wasnt ready and they used Twickenham.

This is the most high profile show of the tour, being the opener. After the Garth Brooks fiasco, it would be catastrophic for Aiken Promotions' reputation and that of Dublin as a concert attraction if the show didnt take place at all. Right now, if I was a betting man, I'd give the Croke show a 70% chance of going ahead and a Dublin show anywhere at at least 90%.

Paddypower have since got rid of the bet but earlier in the week they had a croke park 4th concert special bet

Croke Park will 4 concerts take place there in 2018
Yes- 1/5
No- 4/1

LOL - we'd bet on anything even if it was two flies climbing a wall!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 28, 2018 21:24

If the bookies have closed the betting then that's a very good sign that the concert will go ahead.

Nate

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 21:24

Gazza
Healy52003
Gazza
Healy52003
IrelandCalling4
Gazza
Healy52003
according to an Irish paper the following are the prices for the Croke Park gig

€71,€90,€136 and €181 (+€6.85 TM fee)

I imagine GA is €90 and no listed prices for Golden Circle and pit yet

Not bad, if thats the case - and those prices would make sense if they're going to fill a stadium of that size in an island of 6 million people. Most of whom will be the sort of event junkies that turn up to any large scale gig.

I'd be surprised if the best seats are 'only' €181, going by the UK prices though and I would assume all of those prices are without the booking fee, which is calculated against the ticket price. €6.85 looks more like a standard fee for posting the tickets, surely.

It'd be such a shame if Dublin doesn't go ahead.

Seeing them in Edinburgh will be great but to see them at home also in Ireland would be wonderful smiling smiley

yeah its 50/50 really

the DCC could get scared by the residents objection and concerns and decided nah its worth it and wont licence the show. I doubt the band have a back up venue lined up either

If the ticket sale does go ahead on the 23rd March than its anyones guess

The promoter lines up the back up venue, not the band. And a council isnt going to get 'scared' by a few residents if theres MILLIONS of Euro in tourism to be made. Its not as if Irish politicians have no previous history in bending regulations.

And I would bet the band's tour management company and promoters would have foreseen this. They covered that eventuality in 2006 when Wembley wasnt ready and they used Twickenham.

This is the most high profile show of the tour, being the opener. After the Garth Brooks fiasco, it would be catastrophic for Aiken Promotions' reputation and that of Dublin as a concert attraction if the show didnt take place at all. Right now, if I was a betting man, I'd give the Croke show a 70% chance of going ahead and a Dublin show anywhere at at least 90%.

Paddypower have since got rid of the bet but earlier in the week they had a croke park 4th concert special bet

Croke Park will 4 concerts take place there in 2018
Yes- 1/5
No- 4/1

LOL - we'd bet on anything even if it was two flies climbing a wall!

sure theres beast from the east beta up now

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:24

Ticketbastard pre sale email just dropped in for tomorrow's sales.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:29

For who's interested: PIT tickets Warsaw available with the presale link

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:51

Well I hope the tour is not in jeopardy...

[twitter.com]

"I deeply regret the comments I made about Mick in the WSJ which were completely out of line. I have of course apologised to him in person."

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:57

carouslambra

How did you get the email, did you sign up previously? Could you share the link please?

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:59

Yes, can someone explain how to get the TM presale email please. Do I need a code?

syrel

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:01

syrel

[twitter.com]

"I deeply regret the comments I made about Mick in the WSJ which were completely out of line. I have of course apologised to him in person."

Not a chance, too much money on the line and contracts already signed. Surprising he had to issue an apology, nothing to apologize for and he was actually extremely complementary of Jagger...

Date: March 1, 2018 00:06

A lot of this makes no sense. I, signed up on 3 email accounts to get advance notice of ticket sales. Yesterday, one of my accounts received a pre-sale code and I bought my ticket for London show (May 22). Just a little while ago I received 2 different emails - both to the same account, but different than the email I received yesterday morning, letting me know of the pre-sale tomorrow. Both of these emails were from AEG and not from TM. No codes were given.

Date: March 1, 2018 00:10

carouslambra

Is there a code???

Date: March 1, 2018 00:39

JN99
syrel

[twitter.com]

Not a chance, too much money on the line and contracts already signed. Surprising he had to issue an apology, nothing to apologize for and he was actually extremely complementary of Jagger...

Jane Rose or someone probably had a panic attack and issued that. Considering what hes said about Mick in the past, to apologise for that interview is pretty laughable. I had to actually go back through the interview and look hard to find the comment in question as I initially hadnt seen anything that anyone other than a snowflake would have been offended at.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:40

GAFF
carouslambra

Is there a code???

Someone must know surely?

Date: March 1, 2018 00:48

No. There was no code with the e-mail.

Actually, the e-mail I got about tomorrows pre-sale was from AXS, not TM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 00:49 by Gazza.

Date: March 1, 2018 00:50

AEG email about tomorrow's presale just says 9:00 AM, but does not specify if GMT or CET time zones. Guess I'll be up in time for CET just in case. Why do presaless have to be such a sh*t show?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:51

Got one email for a presale tomorrow from Stereoboard, no code but links thru to here -
[www.axs.com]

And one from AEG, pointing to same place by the looks, no code -
[www.axs.com]

hope that helps

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:55

GAFF
AEG email about tomorrow's presale just says 9:00 AM, but does not specify if GMT or CET time zones. Guess I'll be up in time for CET just in case. Why do presaless have to be such a sh*t show?

I'd go 9am GMT

Date: March 1, 2018 00:58

yorkshirestone
Got one email for a presale tomorrow from Stereoboard, no code but links thru to here -
[www.axs.com]

And one from AEG, pointing to same place by the looks, no code -
[www.axs.com]

hope that helps

My guess is that all of these 9:00 AM presales, including TM, will reroute to AXS anyway. Though they did not state so in today's email, I would think they will send out a fresh code at some point tomorrow prior to the sale.

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: March 1, 2018 01:12

I would not concern myself too much about what is said on Boards. A lot of people on that particular forum are ill informed and have no solid evidence to back up their opinions.

I have family and acquaintances who live very close to the stadium and none of them is getting in a tizzy about this gig.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 1, 2018 01:17

Pit tickets for Warsaw now available on eventim.pl (link from RS)

Date: March 1, 2018 01:29

Out of curiosity just checked -- StubHub has about 1,700 ticket available for 7 shows

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2018 02:12

GAFF
My guess is that all of these 9:00 AM presales, including TM, will reroute to AXS anyway. Though they did not state so in today's email, I would think they will send out a fresh code at some point tomorrow prior to the sale.

Doesn't appear that way from the Ticketmaster page...
They list the ones that will be sold through the partner sites and the rest I'm sure will be sold by them directly. Good news for those in other countries looking for Cardiff tix as TM has shipping option for will call..
[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Great Britain (1 - 10 of 15)
Date Location Event Details Find Tickets
MAY
TUE
London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
London, GB

The Rolling Stones - No Filter Tour
Details: Rolling Stones View Tickets
MAY
TUE
London, GB

The Rolling Stones - No Filter Tour - VIP Packages
Details: Rolling Stones
presale begins:Thu 01/03/18
09:00
More Info
MAY
TUE
London, GB
18:31
Rolling Stones Official VIP Ticket + Hotel Experiences
on Partner Site
JUN
TUE
Old Trafford
Manchester, GB
16:00
More Info
Info
Old Trafford
Manchester, GB
Date TBA
More Info
JUN
TUE
Old Trafford
Manchester, GB
on Partner Site
JUN
SAT
BT Murrayfield Stadium
Edinburgh, GB
18:30
More Info
JUN
SAT
BT Murrayfield Stadium
Edinburgh, GB
18:30
More Info
JUN
SAT
BT Murrayfield Stadium
Edinburgh, GB
on Partner Site
JUN
FRI
Principality Stadium Cardiff & Cardiff City Stadium
Cardiff, GB

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home