Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Date: June 25, 2018 12:52

Hamburg, 100 euro ticket,100 euro hotel, 100 euro drinks =300
Arnhem, 100 euro ticket, 100 euro drinks =200
Dusseldorf, 400 euro (2 tickets, 2 dips), sold 2 tickets -200, 100 euro drinks =300
Edinburg, 275 euro (2 tickets, 2 dips), sold 2 tickets -200, , + 1000 euro drinks, hotel, flights etc. = 1075

totaal euro 1.875 for 4 great shows, 1 day leave.

Worth every penny.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 25, 2018 13:08

4 shows in 2017 and 3 shows in 2018. Together roughly E 4000.0

And a great time was had !!!
Jeroen

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 25, 2018 21:20

Sorry to go off topic but i was going through pictures of Keith around the time of 09' at various awards ceremonies, and forgive me if i'm wrong but his fingers definitely looked worse than they do now.
I've been looking at footage of the No Filter Tour and it looks as if Keith had either had treatment of medication for them.

I have been looking at his hands recently and thinking they look good but it didn't occur to me until i saw these pics.

I thought it strange that all of a sudden Keith can play Sympathy solo and all the other ones so well, not only that but he is playing full on all the way through each show even in the cold in Germany the other night.

Also sobriety alone could not achieve this i don't think, its not like Keith was drunk every night on previous tours, that's just BS, Keith has never been drunk every show even when he was at his worse in 07'

Another Red Herring is the mysterious skulls head ring missing.
Mmm food for thought winking smiley

This is from 2015, i can't find a pic anywhere on this tour where Keiths fingers look this severe.
[infotel.ca]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-29 17:50 by keithsman.

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: June 25, 2018 22:20

For eating

Bistrot o Prado

1 boulevard Perier

13008 Marseille

Cuisine mediterraneene
Prix raisonnable

A must !

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 26, 2018 12:17

Mojo magazine - August 2018

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 26, 2018 20:15

Great ^ can’t wait to read the article, thanks!

I had an epiphany after 2 shows in Pit B No Filter:
The beauty of the Rail/ the Waiting and running for a Rail spot:
You can assure yourself you can do no better.
You have closed the door on maneuvering/ complete focus
The Holy Rail

Date: June 27, 2018 04:59

Cristiano Radtke

Mojo magazine - August 2018

*insightful high quality writing, imo

Current Live version of Satisfaction
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 26, 2018 15:45

Listening to the Twickenham gig this morning I was struck by two things
1. It was definitely Charlie who restarted the song
2. They have taken this warhorse back to its 60's roots by having three people (I think) play tambourines all the way through. So what you hear live is a blend of Charlie's drums and this extra percussion a la Motown
Simple, but to my mind very effective
Do others agree?

Re: Current Live version of Satisfaction
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2018 01:43

I wouldn't know. I haven't listened to the song in ages (at least not live). The same goes for JJFlash, Brown Sugar and HTW I'm afraid. But maybe there are others here who will agree with you?

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: June 27, 2018 01:53

Stoneage
I wouldn't know. I haven't listened to the song in ages (at least not live). The same goes for JJFlash, Brown Sugar and HTW I'm afraid. But maybe there are others here who will agree with you?

That's helpful.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 27, 2018 01:59

What I don't like about the current version is at the end the "He! he! he!" singing from, I think, Bernard and Sasha. It sounds more like a dance/house track. I hate that.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 02:05

It was Charlie that restarted the song. You're right about that.

3 teleprompters?
Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 26, 2018 23:48

Looking at the photos it appears there’s 3 teleprompters (1 by Keith’s side pit and two by Ronnie side pit)..

The one from Keith side appears to show the lyrics, the one nearest te atwalk on ronnies side shows the setlist and lines for mick to read to the crowd (good evening, and his usual banter/jokes) but my question is...

What is the third screen for... the one on ronnies side furthest from the catwalk?

Re: 3 teleprompters?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 26, 2018 23:50

GJB
Looking at the photos it appears there’s 3 teleprompters (1 by Keith’s side pit and two by Ronnie side pit)..

The one from Keith side appears to show the lyrics, the one nearest te atwalk on ronnies side shows the setlist and lines for mick to read to the crowd (good evening, and his usual banter/jokes) but my question is...

What is the third screen for... the one on ronnies side furthest from the catwalk?
saying "end of the stage"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-26 23:50 by slewan.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 26, 2018 23:55

Says Dont stop

Date: June 27, 2018 00:06

Redhotcarpet
Says Dont stop

thumbs up

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 06:47

35love
Redhotcarpet
Says Dont stop

thumbs up

Maybe Mick will get confused and think that's the next song!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 27, 2018 07:44

Check out the blond in the third row wearing the I LOVE CHUCK T-shirt ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 27, 2018 10:12

For the backing singers?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 15:03

Rockman
Check out the blond in the third row wearing the I LOVE CHUCK T-shirt ….

In WHAT photo??

Rod

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 27, 2018 16:35

The teleprompters can't be that much use to Mick given the distances he travels away from them on stage. An aide-memoire between songs perhaps.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 27, 2018 19:37

That promoter on Keith's side is a right pain in the rear when you're in Pit B as it hides Charlie. Not to mention Robbie who mans the camera to get closeups of the guys on Keith's side! JK of course ;-)

Mick did read quite a few things from that promoter last night, for FTC but also another song where it seemed to me the lyrics should be more familiar, TD maybe? I saw him reading stuff off of a prompter on the ramp, the third one?

On the plus side there were none of the huge fans of the indoor UArena shows.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 19:39 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: June 27, 2018 22:32

GJB
lines for mick to read to the crowd (good evening, and his usual banter/jokes) but my question is...
Mick has a teleprompter for that?! Wow, that is the lamest thing I've ever heard.

Date: June 28, 2018 00:52

Boognish
GJB
lines for mick to read to the crowd (good evening, and his usual banter/jokes) but my question is...
Mick has a teleprompter for that?! Wow, that is the lamest thing I've ever heard.

He doesn't really master all the languages he speaks on stage, right? Hence he (understandably) needs some help with his german, dutch etc. smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 28, 2018 16:40

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

London Stadium v Twickenham
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 28, 2018 16:27

As an attendee at all 3 London gigs I really did prefer London Stadium. Anyone else care to chip in? Also BV lists London Stadium as 80,000 and Twickenham as 60,000 can this be right? Certainly by the size of queues at Twickenham it felt much bigger to me.

Re: London Stadium v Twickenham
Date: June 28, 2018 16:53

My understanding is that London Stadium's capacity is 66k and large sections would have been off limits for the Stones. I thought Twickenham was the largest stadium in the UK but I may be out of date. But London Stadium is definitely way below 80k.

That said, although I didn't go to the London Stadium gigs, the organisation at Twickenham was very sub-par so that will have contributed to the size of the queues. It was my least favourite of the three I went to (Coventry and Cardiff)

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 28, 2018 17:08

The big difference makes the field. London Olympic Stadium is an Athletics Venue.
The field size with running tracks is nearly twice a large in length and width compared to pure soccer or rugby grounds.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 17:10 by samMuc.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 28, 2018 17:20

samMuc
The big difference makes the field. London Olympic Stadium is an Athletics Venue.
The field size with running tracks is nearly twice a large in length and width compared to pure soccer or rugby grounds.

The running track was removed, I think, when West Ham United moved in. They put in extra seating to make it closer to the pitch.

Date: June 28, 2018 17:43

samMuc

But it's now a football stadium isn't it? And crowd capacity is not in any event dependant on size per se but set by fairly stringent laws here in the uk due to previous disasters including ratio of standing to seating areas.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home