Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 91
Re: After The Ides
Date: June 17, 2018 09:50

They'll play it as a hint of them never coming back, you mean?

How do you know that? smoking smiley

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 17, 2018 14:31

I don't think that's the last London show. Even if it's the last European tour they could do one off show in London again some time.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 19:22

It won't be the last London show for sure

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: June 18, 2018 02:13

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 21:28

DandelionPowderman

of cause I don't mean that it is the last time, your correct dude its just a hint as you say. Hey I'm just a fan I know nothing about them except as most on here on this site I've seen them and dig the sounds. that's it . but enjoy twickenham .. Hey forgive an old man... HA..

PS. note to self.. do not post on IORR when your pissed out of your bloody brains... bugger HA

Date: June 20, 2018 08:46

DandelionPowderman

of cause I don't mean that it is the last time, your correct dude its just a hint as you say. Hey I'm just a fan I know nothing about them except as most on here on this site I've seen them and dig the sounds. that's it . but enjoy twickenham .. Hey forgive an old man... HA..

PS. note to self.. do not post on IORR when your pissed out of your bloody brains... bugger HA

He he, don't worry, mate smiling smiley

Best UK show
Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 07:38

I managed to see 4 UK shows and the best for me was Cardiff so I would put them in this order.
Cardiff
Southampton
Edinburgh
London Olympic stadium 2

John Nicholls

Re: Best UK show
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 20, 2018 07:52

1 Edinburgh
2 Southampton.

Only saw 2 shows in the Uk. No 3 will be Prague.

The scottish audience really fired the Stones up i guess.
All in all i must say the Stones are even better than last year.

Jeroen

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 20, 2018 08:10

1. Cardiff (performance & energy)
2. Southampton (atmosphere..amazing..cosy venue)
3. Coventry (a very 'Specials' night!)
Judging from feedback/reports I think Edinburgh got a great one as did Manchester, I believe Richard Ashcroft played his part here also.

A geniune shout out to Croke Park and the London Olympic Stadium for being the pathway/stepping stones to ths Magic that was to follow!

Do I wish we could have a few more gems or 'newer' song played - Yep... Am I disappointed with the songs they chose to play..HELL NO!!..I loved them all.
For what it's worth I believe a balance was struck which contibuted to the flow and energy of these gigs. The masses lapped them up, gave their energy back to the band who then returned it-Ten Fold.

A lot of folks (non die-hards) went along to these shows to see the Legends and their Iconic music. Guess what?..that is exactly what they got!!

Overall it's just been a Great 'See, We still got IT tour'.smiling bouncing smiley

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-20 08:59 by undertheradar.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 08:27

Coventry < First local concert in 40 odd years, plus family & friends seeing them for the first time >

Cardiff < Golden circle >

Edinburgh < Great atmosphere >

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 20, 2018 08:54

Manchester
Cardiff
London I
Edinburgh
(Dublin would be my #5 if it had been in UK)

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 20, 2018 09:36

London 1
Cardiff
Dublin (mainly because of my position rather than the performance)
Coventry
Twickenham
Manchester
Edinburgh (don't know why, but I didn't click with this show the way others seem to have).

Overall, I think the 2018 shows have been of a consistent high quality so far. 2017 was a bit more erratic - but I actually got higher highs from the best bits of 2017 (so London 1 would actually only be my 3rd or 4th favourite No Filter show).

syrel

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 20, 2018 09:44

RollingStonesFan
Manchester
Cardiff
London I
Edinburgh
(Dublin would be my #5 if it had been in UK)

It may not be part of the U.K., but Irish shows are always considered part of a U.K. tour.

Date: June 20, 2018 10:12

Only saw Edinburgh and it was better than Hamburg Dusseldorf and Arnhem last year. They (especially Keith) are so much better than 2017 which was not bad too.

One of the best shows i have ever seen. Based on youtube i really dig London I, that seems like a fantastic show.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 20, 2018 10:55

Cardiff
Coventry
Twickenham

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 20, 2018 11:16

London I
Edinburgh
London II
Manchester
Twickenham

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 20, 2018 12:34

syrel

Edinburgh (don't know why, but I didn't click with this show the way others seem to have).

syrel

+1

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 20, 2018 12:41

Having seen only 2 in the UK, my ranking is easy to make: ...

1. Cardiff
2. Edinburgh

If I'd do a "NO FILTER" ranking (2017-2018), I'd say:

1. Amsterdam
2. Paris #3
3. Paris #1
4. Cardiff
5. Arnhem
6. Hamburg
7. Edinburgh
8. Lucca

Marseille (the last of 3 this year for me) is up next -
hope that one will be at least a serious contender for that n° 1.-spot... smoking smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 20, 2018 13:51

Attended Manchester and Edinburgh.
Of the two, I can say without hesitation, Manchester was better by miles, no contest. Had a blast, was blown away. A stellar performance (especially MR), one of the greatest RS shows I’ve ever been to see.
FYI I saw Düsseldorf 2017, which I rate above Edinburgh but below Manchester.

How subjective, personal and different a concert experience can be depending on each one of us, eh?

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 14:09

No doubt about it:
1. Coventry
2. Dusseldorf

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 20, 2018 14:28

"How subjective, personal and different a concert experience can be depending on each one of us, eh?"

Oh, yes RisingStone... The sound, at the exact point/section you are standing or siting. Your favorite song they played or not. People around you...
Band's overall performances are usually solid. No big differences between them,I think. But so many subjective, personal factors make us disagree. Sometimes, strongly..

Date: June 20, 2018 15:36

OK, let's make this harder. RoughJustice got me thinking about a full No Filter ranking...

1. Dusseldorf
2. Arnhem
3. London 1
4. Paris 3
5. Cardiff
6. Paris 2
7. Coventry *already swapped Cov and Dublin from this morning :-)
8. Dublin
9. Zurich
10. Twickenham
11. Munich
12. Manchester
13. Edinburgh
14. Stockholm

In terms of my experience, there is a notable drop off after #5

syrel

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 20, 2018 16:36

syrel
OK, let's make this harder. RoughJustice got me thinking about a full No Filter ranking...

1. Dusseldorf

This is in relation with the post above yours.
One of my least favorite Stones shows of the past couple of years.

After one hell of a car ride I was standing in between drunken “fans”. Never was so annoyed in my life. Also my only GA of that tour, with an aweful sound. Very chaotic. I was glad that show was over.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:16

All to do with my position and people around,,,,

Twickenham

Cardiff

Dublin - weirdly this was the most expensive ticket and closest to the front - still great though........

Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:56

Southampton
Twickenham London 1

Wish they had played Mr D at one of the London sbows6

Date: June 20, 2018 20:11

BowieStone
syrel

1. Dusseldorf

This is in relation with the post above yours.
One of my least favorite Stones shows of the past couple of years.

After one hell of a car ride I was standing in between drunken “fans”. Never was so annoyed in my life. Also my only GA of that tour, with an aweful sound. Very chaotic. I was glad that show was over.

Yeah, I remember us having a conversation about it at the time. I definitely think that most Stones shows are *pretty much* the same and so how one responds to it is dependent upon various types of 'ambience' (position, people around you, acoustics etc).

The other thing I realised when compiling my list is that there is a pretty strong negative correlation with how much I spent on my ticket and how much I enjoyed the show (perhaps more precisely, it's not about absolute costs but related to what I perceive as the fair value of the ticket: so for Arnhem I had a normal price pit ticket, but was about £250 which I think is completely reasonable. Stockholm I idiotically bought a platinum ticket at way more than I had to. The UK pit tickets have been more expensive than most venues last year but have felt much more crowded to me, so less good value). I'm not sure what personal lessons I need to take from that...

syrel

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: June 20, 2018 20:36

RoughJusticeOnYa
Having seen only 2 in the UK, my ranking is easy to make: ...

1. Cardiff
2. Edinburgh

If I'd do a "NO FILTER" ranking (2017-2018), I'd say:

1. Amsterdam
2. Paris #3
3. Paris #1
4. Cardiff
5. Arnhem
6. Hamburg
7. Edinburgh
8. Lucca

Marseille (the last of 3 this year for me) is up next -
hope that one will be at least a serious contender for that n° 1.-spot... smoking smiley

Amsterdam was just amazing!smileys with beer

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 20, 2018 20:40

It’s a tough call, London 2, Southampton, Manchester or Twix.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:44

I’ve been to the whole Tour so far and will miss the next 3 shows. The first Stones shows I’ll have missed since Arnhem last year! I was at all 3 in Paris.

London 2 was definitely a step up from London 1.

Dublin was a strong effort for a tour opener but suffered from a rather subdued crowd. It was clearly positioned as tour opener so that they could hit the ground running for the U.K. It effectively served as a public warm up gig.

When all is said and done, I would put Coventry as my Number 1, with Manchester at 2 and Southampton 3rd.

Apart from a couple of Festivsl shows, these 3 were their 1st U.K. shows outside London in a ridiculous 12 years.

Edinburgh was by far the most enthusiastic audience as Scottish audiences usually are in Northern Europe. However, there is an underbelly to this. Much of this enthusiasm is fuelled by drink and it’s usually accompanied by some arsehole anti-social behaviour from some individuals , which occasionally turns to violence. I am a Scot myself and there are/were problem drinkers in my own family. Thankfully I’m not one of them. Security was very poor at this show.

Cardiff delivered a strong showing too, with the band showing their ability to quickly recover from poor starts to a couple of tracks. I just love the Principality Stadium, which for me is by far the best big venue in the U.K. I had a great crowd of people around me here too.

Twickenham was somewhat emotional as very possibly their final ever U.K. show. The less said about organisation and transport, the better!

In summary, they were all special in their own way and I’ve loved every minute.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 21, 2018 03:41

Of the shows I was at:

London 2 (possibly as I was sitting and could really listen)
Coventry (epic)
Southampton (pit ticket in the LD sways this for me)
London 1 (Solid)
Dublin, Ireland (Great gig, shit crowd)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home