Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 91
Re: Was any of the shows sold out?
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 10, 2018 21:18

Makes sense to me!!

As a Yank, with a 15-yr old daughter who has somehow taken a fancy to Chelsea, I have no idea if they'd use them or not if the demand was there for a show...

I was just thrilled to be there, though, and really loved my 3 days in Manchester... What I saw of the city, I enjoyed it!!

My guess would be 45-50000 attended in Manchester, not sure I'd take a guess on Coventry... maybe 28-30000. Always like to see the numbers on Boxscore charts, they always amaze me on the results!

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 11, 2018 01:01

StonesSmeth99
Charlie and Matt Clifford are at the Scotland-England cricket match at the Grange, Edinburgh this afternoon

[www.snsgroup.co.uk]

[www.snsgroup.co.uk]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 11, 2018 22:23

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: June 12, 2018 20:49

I purchased tickets for Cardiff last week and haven't received them yet.

If the tickets don't arrive on time, what's the procedure for getting them at the venues box office? Do I just need to take the card they were purchased with?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 13, 2018 08:47

mikehat
I purchased tickets for Cardiff last week and haven't received them yet.

If the tickets don't arrive on time, what's the procedure for getting them at the venues box office? Do I just need to take the card they were purchased with?

You will need to take the credit card that purchased the tickets, and obviously any references to buying the tickets.

It looks like i will be in the same position, received coventry and edinburgh tickets about a week before concerts, just my luck that i chose golden circle for this concert being the most expensive for me and they don't arrive, plus for other people as well.

Not happy.

Seat/Standing upgrades on this Tour
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 11, 2018 22:47

I’ve been to all 7 shows so far, standing at all bar 2. Of the rest, I’ve had 2 GAs, a GC (and 2 Pits. From what I’ve seen, it seems highly likely that people are getting into forward standing sections without tickets.

At Dublin, I stayed on the front row of GA, where I was happy with my excellent view and sound. However, I’ve read many reports of GA people being allowed to fill gaps in GC and GCers in turn Pit after the show began.

I was front row in GA at London 1. However, at London 2 when I was 3rd row GC, right next to Pit B, which looked absolutely rammed, even the entrance path to it at the side which is normally clear.

In Manchester I was in Pit B at the back of the catwalk rail and by the end of the show the pit was packed, which it wasn’t in Pit A in Coventry.

I’ve heard that early GA arrivals in Edinburgh were allowed into GC.

I’m a bit too honest for my own good here and won’t upgrade unless invited though moving to empty seats near the front surely can’t be difficult. There are also huge gaps in GA at every show and I doubt getting there from s nosebleed seat is hard.

I got an upgrade from a nosebleed to GC at London 2, but that was granted by the LD office without me even asking and before entry.

So who’s managed to upgrade by self or by invitation and how did It happen?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-11 22:54 by grzegorz67.

Re: Seat/Standing upgrades on this Tour
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 11, 2018 23:16

I slipped past security into Gold Circle at Edinburgh...no problem getting on the 'wrong' side of 5 people showing their wrist bands and then walking past the 2nd security check when the girl was looking towards the stage...easy !

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 11, 2018 23:23

Hi Gregor,

Like Carouslambra, we walked into GC (via the RHS/Pit B signs) and no-one even wanted to look at tickets or wristbands...and we had a pair of ropey LD nosebleeds!

Really appreciated our good luck- thanks Murrayfield!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 11, 2018 23:45

I upgraded form GC to pit at both London shows by simply slipping to the pit, got a wristband and that's it.
Chances are relatively good with the initial rush right after they opened the door – too many people pushing forward. Thus the security at the pit entrance are not able to inspect all the tickets closely

Date: June 11, 2018 23:59

SimonN
Hi Gregor,

Like Carouslambra, we walked into GC (via the RHS/Pit B signs) and no-one even wanted to look at tickets or wristbands...and we had a pair of ropey LD nosebleeds!

Really appreciated our good luck- thanks Murrayfield!

Cheers,

Simon.

Well done you. Security seemed particularly weak in Edinburgh but still much better than the show at the same venue 19 years ago when security was non existent. Cans, glass bottles and everything got in that day.

I’m solo dipping Cardiff on Friday and as 51yo lone male, I don’t rate my chances highly so I’ll see what I can do. They’ve just put a 3rd tranche of Dips on sale there and full price tickets are still available in every section.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 12, 2018 00:16

Hi Gregor,

I wish you every bit of luck- you’ll have a ball again!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 12, 2018 00:46

grzegorz - I think your chances of getting another good standing ticket for your lucky dip might be pretty good in Cardiff. You deserve one and I'll be crossing fingers tight for you!

I agree that the security in Edinburgh was the poorest yet. On entry to the stadium, I saw no one with a handheld scanner and no pat-down searches were carried out either.

Date: June 12, 2018 01:51

Beast
grzegorz - I think your chances of getting another good standing ticket for your lucky dip might be pretty good in Cardiff. You deserve one and I'll be crossing fingers tight for you!

I agree that the security in Edinburgh was the poorest yet. On entry to the stadium, I saw no one with a handheld scanner and no pat-down searches were carried out either.

Aw thank you Beast winking smiley For the ludicrously cheap price of Dips (who would ever have thought that ‘ludicrously cheap’ and ‘Rolling Stones tickets’ could ever appear in the same sentence!!!?) I am happy with my LD haul to date. I haven’t mastered the art of the ‘self upgrade’ yet but I know a man who has (friendly London trucker, not sure if he posts here but I’m sure you know him winking smiley ).

He’s going to Cardiff so I will seek some guidance from him grinning smiley

No idea why security was so poor up there, especially with the vast quantities of alcohol normslly consumed by the patrons spinning smiley sticking its tongue out It was still a big improvement on that 1999 show which was just barking mad and by a country mile the wildest of my 33 lifetime shows. Whole floor GA and the front was just bonkers. Also on Saturday night, they blocked all access to stadium toilets after the show - what was that all about? Tough on men and downright cruel to women!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 13, 2018 08:42

grzegorz67
Beast

Aw thank you Beast winking smiley For the ludicrously cheap price of Dips (who would ever have thought that ‘ludicrously cheap’ and ‘Rolling Stones tickets’ could ever appear in the same sentence!!!?) I am happy with my LD haul to date. I haven’t mastered the art of the ‘self upgrade’ yet but I know a man who has (friendly London trucker, not sure if he posts here but I’m sure you know him winking smiley ).

He’s going to Cardiff so I will seek some guidance from him grinning smiley

No idea why security was so poor up there, especially with the vast quantities of alcohol normslly consumed by the patrons spinning smiley sticking its tongue out It was still a big improvement on that 1999 show which was just barking mad and by a country mile the wildest of my 33 lifetime shows. Whole floor GA and the front was just bonkers. Also on Saturday night, they blocked all access to stadium toilets after the show - what was that all about? Tough on men and downright cruel to women!

The security was quite tight on the entrance we used, usual scanning etc. I could not understand why the toilets were blocked off at the end, ridiculous decision.

Best of luck, with LD tickets.

Sunset times for the remaining shows
Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 12, 2018 10:21

I made a list of sunset times for the the remaining No Filter Dates this years using timeanddate.com. All remaining shows except Prague and Warsaw will be pretty similar to the previous shows. There will be no more daylight show as there was in Edinburgh. I personally don' t think they will start later in places with a later curfew.

Cardiff: 21:31
Twickenham: 21:20
Berlin: 21:34
Marseille: 21:22
Stuttgart: 21:30
Prague: 21:14
Warsaw: 20:56

Re: Sunset times for the remaining shows
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 11:22

I think they will. They started late in 2014

Date: June 12, 2018 11:41

Sunset Time is irrelevant in Cardiff and Warsaw. Both stadia have retractable roofs which will almost certainly be closed on showday. SFTD is therefore a candidate to start both of those shows.

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 12, 2018 11:51

Stonesfan2146
I think they will. They started late in 2014

That would be great !

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 12, 2018 12:17

Stadium in Warsaw is fully covered. So sunset will not be a problem.

[www.google.pl]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2018 13:35

20 years ago: Start of the European leg of the 'Bridges to Babylon'-Tour, 13-Jun-1998, Zeppelinfeld Nuremberg:

From Sat.1 blitz spezial

The originally planned start of the European leg of the 'Bridges to Babylon'-Tour was 22-May-1998 in Berlin Olympic Stadium, but shortly before Keith fell off the ladder in his Library ....

Nevertheless: Happy Anniversary smileys with beer

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: June 14, 2018 00:38

do you know what is available in official merchandise store? I know that t-shirts, but are they selling for example - mugs?

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: June 14, 2018 03:04

Beast

I was the third person through one of the turnstiles in Edinburgh and the pat-down search was very rigorous in my case. I had a GC ticket. There was no proper queuing system in place outside the stadium and the standard of stewarding was very poor. The supervisor at the gate I entered said that GC and Pit ticket holders would be given one wrist band after entering the stadium and a second wrist band on entering the GC/Pit area. Clearly not the case. Once inside the stadium, fans were left to their own devises to find the location of the GC and Pit areas. Signage was also very poor.

Legitimate complaints to stewards about the rowdy behavior of people pushing their way to the front of the GC barrier were also ignored.

Date: June 14, 2018 08:05

zgredzik

do you know what is available in official merchandise store?

See here: [iorr.org] .

Ticket pick up question?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 14, 2018 04:32

Hi. I don’t know the answer to this, I am wondering if anyone can definitively answer.

If Axs doesn’t hold up their end of the bargain
I have no hard copy by 3rd day before show,
and my 2 attempts at writing customer service with order #, etc.
remain unanswered, therefore no e-ticket either,

Do I show up to a ticket window w/ ID, order # receipt printout, and they’ll let me in?
Am I gonna be the girl crying on the curb?

Thanks.

Re: Ticket pick up question?
Date: June 14, 2018 04:52

I had all my info with me for shows in Coventry and Manchester... Only informed by AXS that I was to pick up the ticket for Manchester at the box office rather than by mail, as was the original transaction.

I had no notification whatsoever regarding Coventry, and my tickets were waiting for me at the box office, with countless others in the AXS envelopes... they had mine pulled when I told them my last name before I could even get my US passport out to prove my identity!

I was nervous, as you undoubtedly are, right up until that moment that they were in my hands... I opened the envelope to double-check that there were indeed 2 GC tickets in there before I ever stepped away from the counter. Seems so simple that they could have merely sent an email saying to pick them up at the box office...

As far as Manchester goes, I was notified by email on 5-24 I think it was, to pick up my ticket at the box office. The security guy asked me there who I had bought the ticket through, and said AXS had their tix in the center portion of the counter. I also showed ID and got my AXS envelope, and double-checked it promptly.

I was only ever refunded mail charges for one of the orders, presumably the Manchester gig, which was credited on 5-10, 2 weeks before I was notified of the change to box office collection.

I don't mind the $6 US I was not refunded, as I got 2 great shows by The Rolling Stones. But... it was a poor process courtesy of AXS, albeit with satisfactory results.

Date: June 14, 2018 04:59

One other small point...

The "seat number" showing for the tickets ordered on my AXS page were obviously just a quantity-count since they were essentially GA tickets, but the numbers on my account page were not matched on the tickets when I picked each order up at the venue box office.

No real problem with that, as I suspected that would be the case when I hopefully/finally got my tickets in hand. Just a little more detail for those curious...

I would say be cautiously optimistic about your tickets... Have your transaction paperwork copy, your ID, and the credit card used to purchase, as AXS requested. I only really needed my ID, as the folks handing them out were venue employees and I don't think they wanted to do anything but make the paying customer happy!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 14, 2018 05:47

Okay. Thanks.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 19, 2018 17:01

Date: June 21, 2018 22:15

In Germany there's since 20-Jun-2018 a special Edition of the Rock Classics Magazine.

It has 100 pages and costs €9.90. Content is among others: Interviews, rare Photos, Review of all Studio-Albums, Articles about Books / Films / Collector items, Concert-review London 2018, Raffles.

[www.Slam-zine.de] - [www.Amazon.de]

After The Ides
Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 02:01

I don't want to be a so called downer here, but hey if ya have tickets to twickers then ya will see the last time in London.. enjoy...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home