Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 91
Re: Doors open and merch booth
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 9, 2018 07:34

timbernardis
I also found it interesting that they had two different venue shirts, one for each London Olympic show -- the first yellow and the second blue. This is new in my experience. Usually, one shirt covers all the shows at a particular venue which includes all the dates, but this is a new level (of greed??). I got one of each, tho that was not my original plan.
I didnt bought the shirts because of this. I wanted a shirt with both dates. I bought me a shirt anyway, but one with all dates of the tour.

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 9, 2018 15:00

Does somebody know if they will throw in a club show on the 12th of June?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 9, 2018 16:25

Stonesfan2146

They hadn't on 6-Oct-2017 - why should they now ....

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 9, 2018 16:38

Irix
Stonesfan2146

They hadn't on 6-Oct-2017 - why should they now ....

Thought about '17 too, but now they are so close to London with many great clubs. It happened before in 1999...
But I believe it won't happen because Micks voice needs every day off it can get.

Would be so great though.

Oh, and they've got so many great old songs rehearsed, along with monkey man, heartbreaker, fool to cry some stuff from between the Buttons so that would fit at least..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 16:39 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 9, 2018 17:03

Stonesfan2146

In the unlikely event that they did, it would almost certainly be a corporate show and theres been no whispers of one.

Club shows are usually done in advance of a tour to get them into shape. Theres no motivation for them to do one in the middle of this tour. They're more likely to simply want a week off mid-tour

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 9, 2018 17:15

Stonesfan2146

But I believe it won't happen because Micks voice needs every day off it can get.

And Charlie's 77-year-old hands too smiling smiley

Btw: 12th of June is already in 3 days .... Ticket-sale for a Club-show must have already been started .... there're no 2000 IORRs who can spontaneous travel to London ....

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 10, 2018 19:51

Charlie and Matt Clifford are at the Scotland-England cricket match at the Grange, Edinburgh this afternoon

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 10, 2018 20:05

What no Mick ? What could be more important than cricket ?

Was any of the shows sold out?
Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: June 8, 2018 13:16

We#ve talked a lot about the weak ticket sales and in some of the youtube videos we can see some empty seats.
So was any of their shows sold out?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Re: Was any of the shows sold out?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 8, 2018 13:22

Gangster-of-love
We#ve talked a lot about the weak ticket sales and in some of the youtube videos we can see some empty seats.
So was any of their shows sold out?

Yup, all of them .......... grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 8, 2018 13:23

Ain't no such thing as a sold out stadium show, never has been and never will be ..........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 8, 2018 13:25

It depends what you mean by 'sold out'. It's always possible to pick up spare tickets for stadium shows on the day of the show because of the size of the venue. In the four shows I've seen so far (Dublin, London 1, Coventry and Manchester), I'd say they were 'pretty sold out' - the only significant spare spaces were in the upper tiers (I'd guess 5k or so empty seats in Dublin and Manchester, a few hundred in Cov, don't know London). General admission was pretty packed in Cov and Manc; I was in the pit for the other two so couldn't see GA.

Overall, my reading is that ticket sales have been pretty strong - maybe 90% capacity, but then it is impossible to know how much people paid for their tickets, how many got upgraded, how many LDs etc (I saw a mention of 3400 LD tickets at Cov, which is 10% of capacity).

There certainly does not seem to be a story about the shows failing to sell.

syrel

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 13:26

well an almost sold out tour with extreamly high prices, the gross will be more than satisfying IMO

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:19

No, but when the attendance figures are posted. you can bet that they'll be announced as such!

considering the fact that with the lucky dip system, several people bought surplus tickets with the intent to resell them its hard to describe any show as genuinely sold out anyway.

it really doesn't matter. If you're a promoter and reckon you can sell 30,000 tickets and have the option of a 40,000 seat stadium or a 12,000 seat arena, then you go for the stadium.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:20

I think Warsaw must be pretty close. They’ve just put 200 extra tickets on sale- Nosebleeds at the front with a probable restricted view and crap sound.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:23

paulywaul
Ain't no such thing as a sold out stadium show, never has been and never will be ..........

That’s factual and actual! Even $atisfactual...
There’s always room for one more!

Date: June 8, 2018 17:09

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:00

Thanks a lot for all those comments. But sold out shows are still possible . Like most of the shows last year.
So sold out is more synonymous with „all tickets are sold out“ than with a packed stadium.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:16

Sold out stadiums do exist.

For instance Paris 2014.
The fact that guests don't show up does not mean that tickets were still considered available.

U Arena shows last year were announced as sellouts, as many other dates if I remember well

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:17

Looks pretty much sold out to me. A success ticket wise I would say. I was fearing empty spots in the stadiums. Doesn't look like that so far.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:55

When picking up my LD in Manchester, dude manning the queue at guest services told a guy who walked up looking for regular tickets that it was sold out..
He may not have known for certain, but for what it's worth..

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 8, 2018 20:15

Can anyone help me, if someone just turn's up at a venue on this tour without a ticket, how much would they expect to pay on the day for a GA ticket.
I have my tickets but have a friend who has decided he wants to come along with us and said he will try his luck on the day. Thinks he will get a bargain eye rolling smiley
Cardiff and Twicks in particular.
I'm not so sure it's a sure fire thing, just wondered if any of you have had experience of getting a ticket on show day this tour.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 20:20

Pretty much sold out. I hope they learn their lesson and double the ticket prices for the next tour. hot smiley

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 9, 2018 03:08

At Old Trafford, they didn't sell any of the tix up in the 4400 sections, in Sir Alex's stand. They all had a see-through black scrim material on them, rather than the heavier black tarps I've seen at games and shows here in the US at times...

In the back, can't remember the name without checkin' some pictures(cool smiley, they had a line about 2/3 of the way up where there was nobody sitting... then as showtime neared, I saw folks starting to sit in several of the rows going up from there, no doubt the walk-up business for the lowest prices.

Could have sold more seats there with views, but I'd say 90% at least were sold, and the GC was much more crowded for me than in Coventry...

I apparently had the best standing spot there, because someone always had to come and stand 3" from me! Then as the crowd moved, they're in the spot I was just in!!

My approach was to line up my old ringing ears with the inner PA stack hanging over Keith's side... great sound and a great view to match!

Had a grand time, and hope they keep it on the road so I can see them again, somewhere, somehow...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 03:11 by TKinOH.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 9, 2018 19:19

No tickets left for Berlin atm.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 9, 2018 19:24

Stuttgart?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 9, 2018 20:06

EVERY seat that was worth sitting in (or standing in) was sold out.

Why are some people so obsessed with this? They sold 30,000-70,000 to every show. Very impressive, they are doing great.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 9, 2018 20:26

I can't speak for others, but I'm obsessed with it because it's a business and I'm interested in how the business is doing. Along with the music, one of the things that makes The Stones so interesting is their commercial practices.

One other thing I meant to post, they are 'selling out' on Stubhub too, which I find interesting. I don't remember that happening in 15 or 17.

syrel

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 9, 2018 22:04

Have to say both London Stadium gigs seemed rammed to me. I was GA and got to around the centre spot at London 1 and a bit further to the front London 2. I actually started to make my way to the back at London 1 before the encores (just tired and an early start) and it took ages. I remember seeing U2 at Twickenham and it was much sparser at the back of the pitch.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 10, 2018 19:40

TKinOH
At Old Trafford, they didn't sell any of the tix up in the 4400 sections, in Sir Alex's stand. They all had a see-through black scrim material on them, rather than the heavier black tarps I've seen at games and shows here in the US at times...

In the back, can't remember the name without checkin' some pictures(cool smiley, they had a line about 2/3 of the way up where there was nobody sitting... then as showtime neared, I saw folks starting to sit in several of the rows going up from there, no doubt the walk-up business for the lowest prices.

Could have sold more seats there with views, but I'd say 90% at least were sold, and the GC was much more crowded for me than in Coventry...

I apparently had the best standing spot there, because someone always had to come and stand 3" from me! Then as the crowd moved, they're in the spot I was just in!!

My approach was to line up my old ringing ears with the inner PA stack hanging over Keith's side... great sound and a great view to match!

Had a grand time, and hope they keep it on the road so I can see them again, somewhere, somehow...
Don’t think the upper tier on keith’s Side were saleable. Was pretty near the back of the stand underneath it and the roof of the stadium obscured maybe a third of the screens. Upstairs, would have been worse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home