Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 91
Re: Doors open and merch booth
Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 3, 2018 16:30

Here in the UK at stadium shows they usually have outdoor stalls on the grounds of the venue as well as inside. Best course of action is to secure your place in the queue for the show and when the stalls open (usually about 3 or 4 pm) ask someone to mind your place for a few minuets whilst you buy some merch.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 16:33

I was at the Ricoh around 17.45 and the outside and inside stalls were open.

It was quite easy to get served at that time and that is a first for me.

Posted by: HB93NL ()
Date: June 3, 2018 16:41

doors at coventry went open at four. you could buy merch before the doors went open

London you went in 2 phases first into the ring and after an hour into the stadium.

In london we had a lot of people around us who couldn't bring their merch bags inside, in coventry this was no problem.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 3, 2018 16:44

picked up LDs at about 2pm at coventry yesterday, march stands outside the stadium were open then

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 16:59

Thanks. At what time doors for stadium are open usually?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 3, 2018 17:06

jackflash27
Thanks. At what time doors for stadium are open usually?
it was 4pm for coventry i think, tho we headed to the city to check in to a hotel after collecting LDs and came back around 6.30pm

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 17:30

HB93NL
doors at coventry went open at four. you could buy merch before the doors went open

London you went in 2 phases first into the ring and after an hour into the stadium.

In london we had a lot of people around us who couldn't bring their merch bags inside, in coventry this was no problem.

My sister who had to get a letter from the arena to carry medical items in for her daughter, was not even asked about her bag.

The queue i was in a lady was stopped with a fairly large bag and was not happy with being turned away.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 4, 2018 07:30

London 2, they were open as soon as the "island" was open and with very few customers at that time so whilst waiting in the pit line on the "island" and the missus holding down the spot, i went out and went to four (4) merchandise stands til I found what I needed -- a size 2XL venue shirt. So, not all merchandise stands are created equal. Try to find out which one is the main one and go to that to get what u need if u cannot find it elsewhere. that's what I had to do.

I also found it interesting that they had two different venue shirts, one for each London Olympic show -- the first yellow and the second blue. This is new in my experience. Usually, one shirt covers all the shows at a particular venue which includes all the dates, but this is a new level (of greed??). I got one of each, tho that was not my original plan. I intended to trade in my first show XL yellow shirt for a 2XL, but after reading the comments on this board about them not letting people in with any sort of bag, I left it at the AirBnB. So, I ended up with two shirts. And thereby had a good reason/excuse to justify my guilt over purchasing excessive amounts of Stones stuff.

Then after getting the t shirts, we bought more merchandise to bring home to give away as gifts and accumulated three bags between the missus and I. We figured that the bag issue had been dealt with at the "bridge" entrance to the "island" and this proved to be correct. They didn't even check any bags once the gates opened which was in fact maybe fifteen minutes after five.

On a happier note, we shared a rail spot with the lovely and charming Beast of this board for the show.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-04 07:35 by timbernardis.

No Filter (part 2) , reminds me of..??
Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 6, 2018 08:09

Cocoon, the movie...
On this leg of the tour the boys have been to the pool and swam in the magic waters. - Talk about a New Lease of Life... Ok, the wrinkles are still there but they all seem so fresh and up for it! hot smiley

Most of the press reviews are no longer saying could/should be the Last Time but are praising their vigour and enthusiasm and long may it continue. (my interpretation)

Hell...they are even making me feel younger drinking smiley

...What if anything, does 'This Leg' of No Filter,.. bring to mind for you?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 08:31 by undertheradar.

Re: No Filter (part 2) , reminds me of..??
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 6, 2018 09:56

undertheradar
Cocoon, the movie...
On this leg of the tour the boys have been to the pool and swam in the magic waters. - Talk about a New Lease of Life... Ok, the wrinkles are still there but they all seem so fresh and up for it! hot smiley

Most of the press reviews are no longer saying could/should be the Last Time but are praising their vigour and enthusiasm and long may it continue. (my interpretation)

Hell...they are even making me feel younger drinking smiley

...What if anything, does 'This Leg' of No Filter,.. bring to mind for you?

Well I completely agree with you, that is exactly how I interpret the countless press reports too ........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 7, 2018 10:57

Thanks to jenny's post on the Prague thread we can watch these four interviews with the Stones, which were posted on a nice online edition of the July 2018 issue of Czech magazine Headliner.

Keith

Mick

Charlie

Ronnie

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 7, 2018 13:18

timbernardis
I also found it interesting that they had two different venue shirts, one for each London Olympic show -- the first yellow and the second blue. This is new in my experience. Usually, one shirt covers all the shows at a particular venue which includes all the dates, but this is a new level (of greed??).

It's hardly "greed" to give people a choice!

I didn't buy either as it happens, but if I'd wanted to I would have got the blue one as that shade of yellow wouldn't suit me at all.

I'm more disappointed by the absence of 2XL in the store. I could squeeze my ample bosom into an XL, but prefer a looser fit. So I haven't bought the one I really wanted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 16:29 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 7, 2018 15:48

On The Stones web site the News section has not been updated since May 27th...Guess someone is on Holiday but the tour/ticket part is updated...no big deal either way...Stones private jet landed in Greece...Not the big one the other one.....Easy to zip around europe flight's are hardly more then 2 hour's anyway enjoy your day...cheer's.M

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 7, 2018 23:08

Starting to panic, as Twickers ticket hasn't arrived yet.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 8, 2018 04:05

Mine neither, tomcasagranda... Just about 11 days from the event

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 8, 2018 04:52

Not sure if this or anything like this has been posted... but...
I wonder why they would fly the jet when these shows are so close together?

footage supposedly from June 3rd 2018
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 04:53 by Leonioid.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 8, 2018 14:28

Yes! Twicks tix arrived this morning! hot smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:11

Wow, hard tix? Guess there is still hope...traveling Sunday morning next week so I'd need mine by Friday.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:13

Leonioid
Not sure if this or anything like this has been posted... but...

footage supposedly from June 3rd 2018
[www.youtube.com]

No offense, Leonioid, but the answer is a tad obvious...
Why not?!

They're THE GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:25

Leonioid

Because the time flies .... they're now average 75 years old and don't take the overnight Tour-bus anymore smiling smiley

See the time table here: [iorr.org] .

Date: June 8, 2018 19:19

Well... let me ask it a different way, is ANYONE here (on IORR), who lives over there (uk), flying to ANY shows on the same island?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 19:26 by Leonioid.

Date: June 8, 2018 19:23

Irix
Leonioid

Because the time flies .... they're now average 75 years old and don't take the overnight Tour-bus anymore smiling smiley

See the time table here: [iorr.org] .

I have not mapped it out for a while, but it seems like the shows are only a 3-4 hour ride apart, aren't they?

When I was planning on seeing this UK shows, the plan was not going to include any inter-UK flights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 19:25 by Leonioid.

Date: June 8, 2018 19:25

Kurt
They're THE GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD UNIVERSE!

You can say that again!smileys with beer

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 8, 2018 21:53

Leonioid
Kurt

You can say that again!smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 8, 2018 22:50

Leonioid
Well... let me ask it a different way, is ANYONE here (on IORR), who lives over there (uk), flying to ANY shows on the same island?

Would if I could, in a NY minute. smoking smiley

ETA: Fonda 2015 Blu Ray Ronnie Wood recanted Mick Jagger’s question
Do you want to join the RS?
Ronnie says YES, in a New York minute!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 23:59 by 35love.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 9, 2018 04:02

Being chauffered to a private jet bypassing all the hassle is a piece of cake , but for normal people it's a battle getting to any airport and dealing with traffic, security, luggage, etc., etc., etc.
That said, I did share a flight with Charlie on British Airways from Amsterdam to London in '03. He was just like the rest of us travelers/peasants lol, even waiting for his own luggage with his bodyguard when we arrived, and graciously signing a few autographs for those who wanted one. He even posed for a picture with my friend, and I was the lucky photographer which was a good enough memory for me. Respect to Charlie! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 04:03 by Hairball.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 9, 2018 05:20

Hairball
Being chauffered to a private jet bypassing all the hassle is a piece of cake , but for normal people it's a battle getting to any airport and dealing with traffic, security, luggage, etc., etc., etc.
That said, I did share a flight with Charlie on British Airways from Amsterdam to London in '03. He was just like the rest of us travelers/peasants lol, even waiting for his own luggage with his bodyguard when we arrived, and graciously signing a few autographs for those who wanted one. He even posed for a picture with my friend, and I was the lucky photographer which was a good enough memory for me. Respect to Charlie! thumbs up

I am in personal agreement w/ you
but some on IORR seem to have international travel down and handled/ on the ‘normal’ level
I give respect

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 9, 2018 05:58

35love
Hairball

I am in personal agreement w/ you
but some on IORR seem to have international travel down and handled/ on the ‘normal’ level
I give respect

Well the main point was flying from city to city within the UK which is easy enough for the Stones w/their private jet, chaufer, etc,
But for the normal traveler, all the time and hassle it takes to deal w/an airport, it's easier and in some cases quicker just to take a train or even a bus.
Long distance international flights are another story when time is of the essence, and no real way of getting around airports - you just have to accept and deal with it.

Date: June 9, 2018 07:22

Those inter-UK are how long... 20-25 minutes max...
which is... after converting from metric to US... about... uhm... a NY minute?

edit- so I looked it up and it seems flights are...
London - Manchester 1 hour
London - Edinburough 1 hour 40 minutes...

so... longer than... a NY minute

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 07:30 by Leonioid.

Date: June 9, 2018 07:24

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 07:30 by Leonioid.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home