Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Date: May 23, 2018 15:38

Hi All,
I've received incorrect tickets for one of the shows via post. Bought Pit A but received Pit B (AXS website saying I've got Pit A still). I've called that weird company and they told me to pick up from the box office which is another joke. After consideration I'd be happy to keep Pit B though, do you think the tickets I've received would work or do I need to go and collect Pit A?

Btw, what other company would send someone else's tickets to another person, especially considering they are the most expensive ones! Would defo expect better service for this ridiculous price!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 15:51

ihopeyouguessmyname
Hi All,
I've received incorrect tickets for one of the shows via post. Bought Pit A but received Pit B (AXS website saying I've got Pit A still). I've called that weird company and they told me to pick up from the box office which is another joke. After consideration I'd be happy to keep Pit B though, do you think the tickets I've received would work or do I need to go and collect Pit A?

Btw, what other company would send someone else's tickets to another person, especially considering they are the most expensive ones! Would defo expect better service for this ridiculous price!

My football club did.

They sent me cup final tickets by post and there was no way i should have received them, took them back and ticket office did not want to know.

Two days later had a phone call from ticket office threatening the police on me if i don't return them, i just said you had your chance and ignored me, so send the police.
Never heard another word.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 23, 2018 20:53

IMPORTANT SHOW INFO
Could we please remind you that if you are coming to any of The Rolling Stones gigs please try not to bring bags.

Unfortunately there are strict security rules throughout the tour and bringing anything bigger than a clutch size bag will involve having to check them in causing possible delay. We are so sorry for this inconvenience but thank you for your understanding.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 21:56

Cristiano Radtke
IMPORTANT SHOW INFO
Could we please remind you that if you are coming to any of The Rolling Stones gigs please try not to bring bags.

Unfortunately there are strict security rules throughout the tour and bringing anything bigger than a clutch size bag will involve having to check them in causing possible delay. We are so sorry for this inconvenience but thank you for your understanding.

[www.rollingstones.com]

I guess a year after the Ariana Grande bombing in Manchester this will now be the normal security precaution for stadium and arena shows. Anything bigger than an A5 sheet of paper isn't allowed apparently, which is a little restricting if you're out for the day.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 22:24

Actually, according to this article by The Sun it looks like it might have been an issue, hence the alert!

[www.thesun.co.uk]

I have to say that some places "stick rigidly" to the rules where others are maybe a bit more lenient. Don't expect leniency at a big London venue!

I don't know how things panned out at Dublin or how they will at other venues, but it's not worth the risk. No bags for me!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2018 23:57

This is 2018. This is a wake up call. Why would anyone bring a large backpack into a show? For our own security, they have rules, just like thay do have at airports.

Don't bring guns. Don't bring hand granades. Don't bring your killer dogs or your chainsaw. Just bring your ticket, plus a credit card or cash for mechandise and drinks. Plus a small A5 size (that is 15 x 20 cm i.e. 6 by 8 inches) size small bag for stuff you must travel with at all times.

Then queues are smooth, and you will be able to use both your hands for cheering the Stones or shooting an amazing picture or video with your phone.

Enjoy the shows!

Bjornulf

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 24, 2018 00:30

I had a small bag that exceeds A5 size by a cm each way.

I also have a sleeveless fishing jacket that friends jokingly call my "suicide vest". It has tons of pockets, inside and out and an a big pocket along the back. I found it in a charity shop and have worn it to a few outdoor gigs and festivals.

I considered wearing it instead of using the bag, but thought I would be too hot, and frankly it would have taken security much longer to search the vest properly than to check a meduim sized bag.

In the end I took the little bag and it was fine. I did hold it open and took out a couple of larger items (purse, sunglasses case) so that it could be checked quicker and make the job easier for them.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 24, 2018 00:36

picked up the merch booklet at London Stadium last night - misprint on second page with a yellow t shirt showing 'original' planned dates for this tour - includes 3rd night at London Stadium (29th, now Southampton) and 2nd night at Old Trafford (previously rumoured 2nd June, now Coventry) just for you completists out there :-)

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 26, 2018 19:51

Don't know if it as been asked.
What is the logistic for the London-Southampton-Conventry-Manchester part of this tour?
They obviously do not need a plane...
Local hotels seem also not much of use, IMO
However, what is the policy, whatever the distance?
All musicians have to be located in the same place, even some of them have their nearby own lodging?

Date: May 26, 2018 20:04

Re Coventry, there's a hotel actually within the Ricoh Arena complex.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2018 22:38

Puritans Radio on the web: [www.puritansradio.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 28, 2018 04:41

I hope someone captures Ronnie and Keith on the radio tomorrow-

Also a new daily mail article including a pic of Mick London 1 leap ‘SFM’
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 28, 2018 14:54

Three concerts so far - and each having a different opening number. That's radical set list policy... Are they just testing which song works best, or is there altogether a new policy on... Every night a different opening number...grinning smiley

So is it "Start Me Up" next?

Seriously, I liked the idea of starting with "Sympathy For The Devil" - it was altogether a novel idea last year to give some identity to the tour - but seemingly it didn't work out so well in the end (especially now since it's not dark yet by the opening time). Probably it is better to start with some iconic Richards riff to explode the whole place right away... A Telecaster bullet straight between the eyes! No mercy! One cannot much go wrong with "Flash", "Fighting Man", "Start Me Up" or "Brown Sugar". And there are several others.

- Doxa

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 28, 2018 15:30

Sympathy works as an opener when it's dark, but this is northern Europe in May and it isn't really dark until at least 9.15, so all the light effects are wasted. I don't think we'll get that again. Of the 3 we've had so far I liked Street Fighting Man best, but of course when I was there they didn't play it at all, anywhere. Bring back SFM - preferably at Cardiff or Twickenham when I'll be there to hear it!

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 28, 2018 15:44

It's possible we may get Sympathy as opener at Cardiff as they often close the roof for shows..so daylight wont be a problem. However, if they open with 'my granny got her tits caught in the mangle' the Radar family will still be welcoming them at the top of our lungs.. xhot smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 28, 2018 20:01

On the bag issue

I went to a sold out Wembley Stadium on Saturday (85k) and they didn't seem to have any bother searching bags

Probably just another ruse to get you to buy some merch and get a free carrier bag with it smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 28, 2018 20:14

andy js
On the bag issue

I went to a sold out Wembley Stadium on Saturday (85k) and they didn't seem to have any bother searching bags

Probably just another ruse to get you to buy some merch and get a free carrier bag with it smiling smiley

The woman in front of me at London #2 had a handbag with three zippered compartments. Security unzipped, checked, and zipped up each compartment. Try and keep it simple, folks.

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:44

bv

Don't bring guns. Don't bring hand granades. Don't bring your killer dogs or your chainsaw.

I was debating about my chainsaw - better leave it at home and not take it to Twickenham! smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2018 21:56

German Edition of the Rolling Stone - June 2018:

Keith-Interview: "As long we live, we will go on"

25 Stones-Live-Albums rated by Wolfgang Doebeling

[www.RollingStone.de]

Including a CD with Cover-Versions - [www.RollingStone.de] :

1. The Vibrators "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2. Josefus "Gimme Shelter"
3. Band Of Susans "Paint It Black"
4. Alien Sex Fiend "Satisfaction"
5. 1000 GRAM "Start Me Up"
6. Pranke "Tumbling Dice"
7. The Dynamics "Miss You" (7"-Version)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2018 22:08

Samples of the Cover-Versions:

1. The Vibrators "Jumpin' Jack Flash" - [iTunes.apple.com]

2. Josefus "Gimme Shelter" - [iTunes.apple.com]

3. Band Of Susans "Paint It Black" - [iTunes.apple.com]

4. Alien Sex Fiend "Satisfaction" - [iTunes.apple.com]

5. 1000 GRAM "Start Me Up" - (exclusively played for the Rolling Stone)

6. Pranke "Tumbling Dice" - (exclusively played for the Rolling Stone)

7. The Dynamics "Miss You" (7"-Version) - [iTunes.apple.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 30, 2018 23:21

Twickenham seems to be sold out (at least there are no more tickets available at AXS). Seems to be the only show on this tour that is sold out before the day of the show

Date: May 31, 2018 00:29

slewan
Twickenham seems to be sold out (at least there are no more tickets available at AXS). Seems to be the only show on this tour that is sold out before the day of the show

I had a similar result when looking at Southampton tickets on Monday, but it clearly wasn't sold out as the box office was doing good business on the day.

Date: May 31, 2018 10:01

As IORR states 55.000 people in Twickenham. Seems very low knowing that stadium.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 31, 2018 10:08

The Joker
Don't know if it as been asked.
What is the logistic for the London-Southampton-Conventry-Manchester part of this tour?
They obviously do not need a plane...
Local hotels seem also not much of use, IMO
However, what is the policy, whatever the distance?
All musicians have to be located in the same place, even some of them have their nearby own lodging?

Good question. At Southampton they drove up behind the stage in vans right before showtime, so obviously they weren't using dressing rooms at the stadium. Perhaps they just drove straight there from London? Or perhaps they had used a local hotel for dressing rooms? Perhaps they were all staying at Keith's place (Redlands)!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 31, 2018 12:14

Last two shows they skipped the second Blue And Lonesome song (Ride ‘Em On Down) and only played Just Your Fool. Wish they play Hate To See You go, which they only played on a few occasions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 12:15 by Christiaan.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 31, 2018 13:06

nobodyimportant
slewan

I had a similar result when looking at Southampton tickets on Monday, but it clearly wasn't sold out as the box office was doing good business on the day.

Both Manchester and Edingburgh have sold good in the last few days. Only once category (seated) in each that you can get more than one ticket for.

Date: May 31, 2018 13:27

tiffanyblu
nobodyimportant
slewan

Both Manchester and Edingburgh have sold good in the last few days. Only once category (seated) in each that you can get more than one ticket for.
ticket sales are def not as bad as some expected.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 31, 2018 13:30

PaintMonkeyManBlack
tiffanyblu
nobodyimportant
slewan

ticket sales are def not as bad as some expected.

Thats true. Fun thing : read the review of the latest show in Edinburgh (1999) . It starts with that UK media had reported Very bad ticket Sales and everyone is worried. Turns out the places were packedsmiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 31, 2018 20:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack
As IORR states 55.000 people in Twickenham. Seems very low knowing that stadium.

The full capacity for a sold out rugby match is 82,000, but there is some building work going on at the stadium which might affect things a bit (I haven't been inside so I don't know for sure).

The capacity for the two Eminem shows in July is also 55,000.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 20:49 by Green Lady.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 31, 2018 20:55

Green Lady
PaintMonkeyManBlack

The full capacity for a sold out rugby match is 82,000, but there is some building work going on at the stadium which might affect things a bit (I haven't been inside so I don't know for sure).

The capacity for the two Eminem shows in July is also 55,000.

I haven't been inside either (lately) but happy to be a Tally Marker for the price of a ticket thumbs up... 1,2, miss a few.. oh the stones are on.smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home