Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2018 19:54

laertisflash
Hairbail, maybe you’re a bit confused....

Cheers laertisflash, and apologies if I ruffled your feathers - didn't intend to.
Keep doing what you're doing (aka defender of the faith) as it makes for an interesting conversation and thread.
Got to keep things in balance between the good the bad and the ugly - but wouldn't that make "the bad" the balance?

From one fan to another, enjoy your upcoming show(s) as I know you will! thumbs up

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 3, 2018 20:07

Thanks Hairball, everything it's OK.

Apologizes if I had been contentious, earlier.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 4, 2018 11:27

Gotta laugh about the ticket sale in Berlin.
They have removed a lot of bad seats, and added lots of better ones.
Also added quite a few "new" seats at 147 Euro.
AND they have added quite a few FOS seats (those expensive ones).

Don't know about what was available in Stuttgart before, probably same there.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 4, 2018 11:29

Pit tickets are now available for both German concerts at list price. But the list price is still 799 Euros, so I'm thinking those tickets will be available, off and on, until the concert starts, unless they start selling some for less.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 4, 2018 11:36

IGTBA
Pit tickets are now available for both German concerts at list price. But the list price is still 799 Euros, so I'm thinking those tickets will be available, off and on, until the concert starts, unless they start selling some for less.

they are nonstop available since a few weeks. They won't sell them. Good for the Lucky Dippers, especially in Stuttgart.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 4, 2018 11:46

hockenheim95
IGTBA

they are nonstop available since a few weeks. They won't sell them. Good for the Lucky Dippers, especially in Stuttgart.

there are even more pit tickets available for Berlin

eventim's repricing is just another indicator that ticket sales are slow (as was to be expected since a lot people already spent their money in Munich last year (the distance between Stuttgart and Munich is just 230 kilometers))

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: May 4, 2018 20:43

slewan

eventim's repricing is just another indicator that ticket sales are slow (as was to be expected since a lot people already spent their money in Munich last year (the distance between Stuttgart and Munich is just 230 kilometers))

they sold more than 90% of the tickets at the original asking price, i would not call that slow ticket sales.

the insane pit ticket price is only there to make the €499 seats look cheep, and so they don't care if they sell any of the pit tickets for €799.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 4, 2018 21:07

chriseganstar
At the end of the day, when the lights go down,they walk on stage and start, I couldn't care less how many people are there. We'll all have a great time !

Here here!

plexi

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 4, 2018 21:10

The Kooks are support for both German dates.

Date: May 4, 2018 21:17

ThinAir
slewan

they sold more than 90% of the tickets at the original asking price, i would not call that slow ticket sales.

I'm not convinced that they really sold all those tickets that aren't available right now. If the really did there must have been a really run for tickets during the last 24 hours… see the picture in the Berlin thread: [iorr.org] (scroll down)
I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets/seat reappear

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: May 5, 2018 14:43

Low attendance effect the performance the guys will put in or are they loyal to the fans who turned up ??

Date: May 5, 2018 15:06

Healy52003
Low attendance effect the performance the guys will put in or are they loyal to the fans who turned up ??

neither of it.

my guess is that at least at some venues they'll close (some of) the upper tier seating sections and offer people who bought those seats an upgrade. Thus everyone will be happy and the stadiums won't look half empty.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: May 5, 2018 23:53

chriseganstar
At the end of the day, when the lights go down,they walk on stage and start, I couldn't care less how many people are there. We'll all have a great time !

ET TU Burtus.., HA, i do get it mate. for all the bollocks that is said here all we wana do is..... see the band live .. and hey as an old man/rocker ive thaken the easy one for me as in twichenham , its a fab gig dude , seen it before at this place.. this could be the end so be there and tell your grand children.. you were there.. hell of a story

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 6, 2018 10:11

chriseganstar
eye popping smileyhot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 6, 2018 11:14

stonehearted
This is perhaps one of the side effects of no longer releasing new material and striving to be a "current" act.

Used to be the Rolling Stones still represented the present moment.

The release of a new album was itself cause for widespread media speculation, and you were wondering if it would live up to all the expectation.

Then the big press conference, an event in itself, would ensure that everyone knew that the boys were out on the road again.

But at some point, time stood still for the Rolling Stones.

They stopped being associated with anything present.

Now they are but rusty reminders of yesteryear.

So when Ireland hears that the venerable Stones are planning a gig, it's like a lost great uncle who's dropping by for tea in the garden to tell stories from long ago, ones you've already heard many times.

For many it would be more fun to meet with generational peers for a raucous time down at the pub, laughing and trading gossip of current goings-on, thinking about the things more centered on your day to day.

Because for the Rolling Stones time is standing still.

It was their staying power as recording artists, as an album-generating rock band, that gave them license to become the industry's premiere big concert live act.

But lately it seems they thought they could have one without the other.

Perhaps the Rolling Stones even take themselves for granted.

In my opinion, the issue in Ireland is they have simply booked a venue that is far too big. If a 20,000 to 30,000 seater had been booked we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 6, 2018 11:25

chriseganstar

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 6, 2018 12:52

timbernardis
chriseganstar

Here here!

plexi

Hear, hear...
(just voicing my agreement here. smoking smiley )

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: May 6, 2018 21:06

re The Dublin gig.

Just noticed that standing tickets are 77 euro - Edinburgh comes in at the equivalent of 114 euro.

Bit of a bargain to be had in Ireland then.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 6, 2018 22:36

All the overpriced packages have now been removed from the ticket sale pages on AXS.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 7, 2018 07:53

RoughJusticeOnYa
timbernardis
chriseganstar

Here here!

plexi

Hear, hear...
(just voicing my agreement here. smoking smiley )

Yeah, was wondering about the spelling. Thanks for the correction. But very clever here.

plexi

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 7, 2018 07:53

GuessWho
re The Dublin gig.

Just noticed that standing tickets are 77 euro - Edinburgh comes in at the equivalent of 114 euro.

Bit of a bargain to be had in Ireland then.
As expected. Lowering the prices closer to concert time. 10 days and first show is on
Be happy.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 7, 2018 08:46

Standing tickets for Dublin has been 77 euro since the start of the ticket sales.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: May 7, 2018 13:37

R.S. plane is on their way to Dublin !!!!!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 7, 2018 15:11

Luckily it´s about time this thread is leaving the endless "Sell out, not sell out, ticket price"-discussion and comes back what it is made for and we are made for:

Awaiting ANOTHER Rolling Stones tour start just 10 days away.

TOUR NR. 6 IN 6 YEARS!!!!!!!

Or in other words:

Every year a tiny tour since 2012.

56 and counting.....

Go & See. Rock & Enjoy.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 7, 2018 16:27

"Every year a tiny tour since 2012.56 and counting....."

Yes. And by these tiny tours the Stones have attracted 4.4 millions people, at their concerts, since 2012. And counting...

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 7, 2018 19:20

Hmmmmm.......haven't had my tickets yet for Twickers. Wonder what's going on ? I've already paid up for the bus from Reading to Twickers, though.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 7, 2018 22:22

tomcasagranda
Hmmmmm.......haven't had my tickets yet for Twickers. Wonder what's going on ? I've already paid up for the bus from Reading to Twickers, though.

I'm travelling from maidenhead and still waiting on my tickets for twicks and
Southampton.
I'm hoping tickets will arrive either this week or next.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 8, 2018 00:00

No tickets yet for Southampton,Edinburgh, and Prague.
Shit. getting a bit @#$%& up about it.
Jeroen

Posted by: HB93NL ()
Date: May 8, 2018 13:24

still waiting for the tickets in the Netherlands 22nd of may, anyone else?
neither did i receive the tickets for Edinburgh or info about the LD Coventry and Twickenham.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 8, 2018 15:12

Different agencies are sending them out at different times. My London 2 ticket arrived last week (bought from Ticketbastard).
I have not received any of my AXS tickets yet, although they did send me an email a few days ago re my Lucky dIPS.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home