Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 25, 2018 06:41

Must have been posted before but here's a very nice interview of Charlie Watts : [www.nme.com]

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: April 25, 2018 10:59

kowalski
Must have been posted before but here's a very nice interview of Charlie Watts : [www.nme.com]

great interview. They are pulling out all jokers to get the sales going winking smiley
I really like these rare Charlie interviews.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 25, 2018 13:00

another reason, imo, for sluggish ticket sales across the UK leg is too many midweek shows.
I guarantee you that if London#1 & Twickenham were scheduled at a weekend these would have sold out by now.
Midweek shows in the capital just do not hold the same appeal.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 25, 2018 13:23

Adrian-L
another reason, imo, for sluggish ticket sales across the UK leg is too many midweek shows.
I guarantee you that if London#1 & Twickenham were scheduled at a weekend these would have sold out by now.

They do if you live in northern England and can get a hotel and train sorted for work meetings the day before and after :-)

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 25, 2018 15:30

Adrian-L

What should they do? Play only one show per week? Would radically increase their costs and tickets would be even more expensive. The problem is not the dates of the shows, problem is, there are too many too expensive shows too close together.
It's like they would play 2x Hamburg, Hanover, Bremen, Dortmund within a few weeks. But I think eventually they will all packed, more or less. If ticket sales were really poor, they wouldn't have added three shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-25 23:04 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 26, 2018 01:40

OK, I know this is a really stupid question, but I feel I must ask this of my British ... and my European friends...
and I didn't want to start a thread on this, so I'll ask here...

My son pointed out these YouTube videos saying if I walk around European cities with a graphic shirt, such as a band shirt or a picture of a guitar, I would immediately stand out as an American. Is this true?

I've never noticed any strange reactions on my previous trips.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: April 26, 2018 08:54

BluzDude
My son pointed out these YouTube videos saying if I walk around European cities with a graphic shirt, such as a band shirt or a picture of a guitar, I would immediately stand out as an American. Is this true?

Answer for parts of Germany: in the summertime I wear a lot of shirts with bands or (sometimes) instruments on them and I have never been asked if / treated like I was an American. It m a y depend on the picture on the shirt (The Eagles w/ flags or Bob Seger shirts are not as widespread as Stones / Springsteen / ... ones).
Most people I see in the streets don´t wear shirts that have "elements to show pride" in them (flags!), but simple tourshirts alone won´t give you reactions that make you feel like coming from a different continent.
And what if? In that case you should be treated in a nice and friendly way, as any guest / visitor / friend should be.
So DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT!

cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 26, 2018 12:00

Fillmore
BluzDude

Answer for parts of Germany: in the summertime I wear a lot of shirts with bands or (sometimes) instruments on them and I have never been asked if / treated like I was an American. It m a y depend on the picture on the shirt (The Eagles w/ flags or Bob Seger shirts are not as widespread as Stones / Springsteen / ... ones).
Most people I see in the streets don´t wear shirts that have "elements to show pride" in them (flags!), but simple tourshirts alone won´t give you reactions that make you feel like coming from a different continent.
And what if? In that case you should be treated in a nice and friendly way, as any guest / visitor / friend should be.
So DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT!

cheers, Fillmore

I hardly get any reaction when i wear my shirts, probably the only one is when i wore the blue tongue shirt, people seem to like that one.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: April 26, 2018 19:14

OK want to watch a few Stones Docs before the show

Have a copy of Ole Ole Ole and The 60s Dublin one. Saw Crossfire hurricane on Netflix

anyother ones i should try and watch ??

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 26, 2018 20:09

Healy52003
OK want to watch a few Stones Docs before the show

Have a copy of Ole Ole Ole and The 60s Dublin one. Saw Crossfire hurricane on Netflix

anyother ones i should try and watch ??

Stones in Exile is pretty good

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: April 26, 2018 22:52

LUCKY DIP DUBLIN up for sale NOW on Stones site

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:09

Sorry old news I didn't realise. I can't believe they have been there for a few days !!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2018 03:23

carouslambra
Sorry old news I didn't realise. I can't believe they have been there for a few days !!

Maybe they'll have a price drop for the Lucky Dips? lol

Or maybe lots of giveaways on radio stations, etc.

"The first lucky 100 ...200...erm...500 callers will win a pair of Stones tickets"!!!!

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: April 28, 2018 16:50

An article in the "Irish Sun" basically blames the poor ticket sales at Croker on high prices. Stating that people like Garth Brooks, U2 and others have not had trouble selling out the place.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 28, 2018 16:57

Link to The Irish Sun article:

[www.thesun.ie]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 28, 2018 18:10

Iggyrichards
An article in the "Irish Sun" basically blames the poor ticket sales at Croker on high prices. Stating that people like Garth Brooks, U2 and others have not had trouble selling out the place.

I don’t mean to offend the Irish,
in fact I am wearing a colored green Irish flag RS shirt as I type,

but a claim to fame of selling out Croke 5x Garth Brooks...
maybe the attendees are traumatized never to concert again...
or speaks to preferred country woman lovers who go out with their girlfriends to squeal over a hunky guy cowboy hat? (Not hunky to ME, but many gals)
U2, er... not a fan, they are Irish, ya?

Maybe it speaks to economic situations of populations, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-28 18:13 by 35love.

Date: April 28, 2018 19:51

bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.ie]

The article says nothing, it's pure speculation. We will see.

Date: April 28, 2018 19:55

bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.ie]

Kind of sad really, but they reap what the sow.

When Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Take That, Garth Brooks, and U2 can sell out a stadium, while the Stones can't - there's something wrong with the picture.

"Radio ads have been running all week, so often I now hate the opening riffs to Start Me Up.
Ryan Tubridy gave away tickets on Monday, the very day a “limited number” went on sale".

For those who don't have tickets yet, or those who have bad seats, tune in to Ryan Tubridy's show for a freebie or an upgrade.
And someone mentioned in the Dublin thread that a hairdresser is giving away free tickets for the venue!
Maybe they should do a massive air drop of unsold tickets over the city...

Date: April 28, 2018 20:04

They are not known for reducing prices, rather play in a half-filled stadium. But it could happen in Dublin because it's the opening show. I can imagine the vicious comments in the press if the stadium is by far not sold out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-28 20:07 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 28, 2018 20:04

“When Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Take That, Garth Brooks, and U2 can sell out a stadium, while the Stones can't - there's something wrong with the picture.”

Right, the Croke Park population has extremely poor taste in music,
that’s what’s wrong with the picture,
sorry/not sorry

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 28, 2018 23:01

Monsoon Ragoon
They are not known for reducing prices, rather play in a half-filled stadium.

Tickets aren't reduced, just "flexed". ; )

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 28, 2018 23:31

"And someone mentioned in the Dublin thread that a hairdresser is giving away free tickets for the venue!..."

Hilary wrote "I've heard that...". Which means it's just a rumor. Fact? Maybe yes, maybe not. Anyway, in a few weeks from now we 'll know whether Stones and their organization have estimated the factors (prices, quantity of gigs in UK, etc) in a seriously wrong way. Some folks here seem to be sure about that. Personally I'm not. Let's see.

But it seems like some "explanations" are limbering up, already, if the venues will be packet (or close to), once again. That's will be happened thanks to hairdressers giving away free tickets, thanks to models giving air tickets free for Dublin and, who knows, maybe thanks to painters massively "creating" fake people on the seats. Oh, I can't wait for "exciting" articles claiming that the whole painting thing was Ronnie's idea...

And what about official gross numbers? Well, I suppose the Stones prefer to pay real tax for fake profits than reveal that they have played in front of 35,000 customers of the mysterious hairdresser and 15,000 paintings.

Some cool head, folks...

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 28, 2018 23:47

They lowered the price of sections of seats at Pittsburgh 2015. They need to cut the prices in half now to come out smelling like roses or it's their goodbye tour to the UK

Date: April 29, 2018 00:33

DREAMTIME
They lowered the price of sections of seats at Pittsburgh 2015. They need to cut the prices in half now to come out smelling like roses or it's their goodbye tour to the UK

They also did so for *Vegas '16 as well as L.A. Staples show '13 - probably many others as well.

Call it "flex" or call it whatever you want, but the fact is the prices of seats have been lowered due to lack of demand and high prices.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 29, 2018 01:02

Hairball
bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.ie]

When Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Take That, Garth Brooks, and U2 can sell out a stadium, while the Stones can't - there's something wrong with the picture.

With the exception of U2 - who are the biggest concert draw in the world added to the fact that Dublin is their home city - its hardly the same audience demographic or prices.

The show has been badly promoted, went on sale far too late, ticket prices for seated tickets and pit tickets are at a level unheard of in Ireland, was scheduled for one of the biggest stadiums in europe on an island of 6 million people on a Thursday night in mid-May and takes place the SAME WEEK as two Ed Sheeran shows which went on sale almost a year ago and which has made getting reasonably priced accommodation (in a city where greedy hotel owners traditionally jack up prices when a major event is on) almost impossible.

Cant think for the life of me why sales could possibly have been slow, can you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-29 01:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 29, 2018 01:21

I can't help but get a glow of satisfaction when i hear these greedy heroes of ours get there fingers slapped for being too greedy.

Lets be honest we are all paying top money for a band that is way past its best.

Ok ok i still love them and will see them at least a couple times this tour but man if the best tickets were a little more reasonable i could have afforded to see them up close.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 29, 2018 01:29

DREAMTIME
It is their farewell tour of England. Hence Twickenham.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 29, 2018 01:41

I know it might sound cynical – but since the ticket sales seem to be slow the chances for club show might rise. If they do a club show it will be in the press all over the UK and Europe and this might boost ticket sales… (maybe, who knows… but they'll have to do some more promotion to sell out these shows)

Date: April 29, 2018 04:23

Gazza
Hairball
bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.ie]

With the exception of U2 - who are the biggest concert draw in the world added to the fact that Dublin is their home city - its hardly the same audience demographic or prices.

The show has been badly promoted, went on sale far too late, ticket prices for seated tickets and pit tickets are at a level unheard of in Ireland, was scheduled for one of the biggest stadiums in europe on an island of 6 million people on a Thursday night in mid-May and takes place the SAME WEEK as two Ed Sheeran shows which went on sale almost a year ago and which has made getting reasonably priced accommodation (in a city where greedy hotel owners traditionally jack up prices when a major event is on) almost impossible.

Cant think for the life of me why sales could possibly have been slow, can you?

Haha well yes to all of that. I was thinking mostly overpriced tickets as the obvious reason for the poor sales, but you've listed many other reasons! Along with all that, add to the fact that many fans who really wanted to see them just did during the No Filter pt. 1 leg, and for many of those that was probably enough, and for some it was more than enough. And then there's the oversaturation of so many stadium shows scheduled within a relatively small time frame and within a relatively small area geographically.

Seems whoever did the planning for this forgot to do some homework and are out of touch with reality- surprised they didn't schedule a show on the moon with the hopes it would sell well.

*But it should be noted, evidently this isn't the only show with slow sales (as has been noted in various show threads)- so it's not just the fine people of Dublin who are holding out!

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: April 29, 2018 06:58

This is the one tour too much, sad but true. I have seen them so many times, the last time was Berlin in 2014. But I´m over it somehow, to be honest I can´t stand listen to Satisfaction, Start me up etc. anymore, it feels so boring now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home