Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 19, 2018 18:15

There will be $50 tickets outside every show!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2018 20:18

Gazza
DandelionPowderman
Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball
will send a message to other bands who attempt to rob people.

It-Is-Not-The-Band(s)-That-Set-The-Price(s)-And-Rob-People.

-Oh-yes-it-is-because-the-band-insists-on-a-guaranteed-amount-which-means-the-ticket-prices-have-to-be-so-high-or-the-promoter-wont-make-money

But-do-we-know-for-a-fact-that-the-promoters-need-to-set-the-prices-this-high-to-be-able-to-make-a-profit? -Or-do-they-get-a-wee-greedy-since-they-know-that-stones-fans-will-pay-anything-to-see-their-band?

If a act is getting about $5 million a show as a guarantee in a 40,000 seater stadium, then something obviously has to give. Its a high risk for any promoter and a significant factor in why the band plays so few arena shows anymore.

Jagger admitted in an interview with Forbes magazine in October 2002 that the band decide on their own ticket prices. I doubt that's changed since then. Its likely that a promoter will decide what to charge for each category (and how many tickets to make available in each category) in order to get the best return on their investment but I seriously doubt the Stones leave the whole thing to the whim of the promoter. Both parties are obviously aware that some people are willing and/or able to pay ten times more for a ticket than others.

But yes, a promoter will take a chance on being greedy if they can get away with it - when they realise they cant, that's when you'll see something akin to a firesale to get rid of what tickets are left over.

For what its worth, aside from pit tickets and the middle ranges of seated tickets, I don't think the prices are that bad on this tour and the Lucky Dip system is a very good move.

Bingo. thumbs up

And yes there are some fair priced tickets (and the Lucky Dips system is great especially if the person who buys gets very lucky).
That said, it seems that tickets in Europe have always been less expensive than in the US. In the past I've seen people complain about how high the prices are at European shows and have to laugh because they're really getting a great deal when compared to US shows. Seems this time though, the Stones/promoters have broken the barrier of common sense and rational thinking and somehow thought outrageous prices ala US ticket prices would work in Europe - even raising it beyond the highest US prices (*Vegas '16 being the highest I've ever seen at $750+ fees). While still outrageous by any definition, at least those were in an arena (and a very mini tour of two shows - one cancelled), so you would think these giant outdoor stadium shows should be less expensive. But noooooooooooo....they're more expensive which is really a head scratcher, and this time around those who complain about the high priced tickets have every right to. Seems the poor sales are the result of this and rightfully so, and the voice of the people will hopefully not go unnoticed when other major bands (along with their promoters) contemplate the prices they set in the future.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 19, 2018 20:30

Hairball
Gazza
DandelionPowderman
Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball

-Oh-yes-it-is-because-the-band-insists-on-a-guaranteed-amount-which-means-the-ticket-prices-have-to-be-so-high-or-the-promoter-wont-make-money

But-do-we-know-for-a-fact-that-the-promoters-need-to-set-the-prices-this-high-to-be-able-to-make-a-profit? -Or-do-they-get-a-wee-greedy-since-they-know-that-stones-fans-will-pay-anything-to-see-their-band?

If a act is getting about $5 million a show as a guarantee in a 40,000 seater stadium, then something obviously has to give. Its a high risk for any promoter and a significant factor in why the band plays so few arena shows anymore.

Jagger admitted in an interview with Forbes magazine in October 2002 that the band decide on their own ticket prices. I doubt that's changed since then. Its likely that a promoter will decide what to charge for each category (and how many tickets to make available in each category) in order to get the best return on their investment but I seriously doubt the Stones leave the whole thing to the whim of the promoter. Both parties are obviously aware that some people are willing and/or able to pay ten times more for a ticket than others.

But yes, a promoter will take a chance on being greedy if they can get away with it - when they realise they cant, that's when you'll see something akin to a firesale to get rid of what tickets are left over.

For what its worth, aside from pit tickets and the middle ranges of seated tickets, I don't think the prices are that bad on this tour and the Lucky Dip system is a very good move.

Bingo. thumbs up

And yes there are some fair priced tickets (and the Lucky Dips system is great especially if the person who buys gets very lucky).
That said, it seems that tickets in Europe have always been less expensive than in the US. In the past I've seen people complain about how high the prices are at European shows and have to laugh because they're really getting a great deal when compared to US shows. Seems this time though, the Stones/promoters have broken the barrier of common sense and rational thinking and somehow thought outrageous prices ala US ticket prices would work in Europe - even raising it beyond the highest US prices (*Vegas '16 being the highest I've ever seen at $750+ fees). While still outrageous by any definition, at least those were in an arena (and a very mini tour of two shows - one cancelled), so you would think these giant outdoor stadium shows should be less expensive. But noooooooooooo....they're more expensive which is really a head scratcher, and this time around those who complain about the high priced tickets have every right to. Seems the poor sales are the result of this and rightfully so, and the voice of the people will hopefully not go unnoticed when other major bands (along with their promoters) contemplate the prices they set in the future.

Of course the overhead associated with putting on these shows is high to say the least and is one legit reason for their fee and the overall ticket prices. They spend a grip leap-frogging stages from city to city with an entourage of 200+ people. Besides hotels and food and per-diems, I'd be very curious to know what their crew payroll looks like.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 19, 2018 20:30

£400 for the pit in London will always sell but for the shows in the other parts of the U.K maybe they are a harder sell but I would still expect all shows to be full or very close to full at showtime.

Nate

Date: April 19, 2018 20:37

I don't know how on earth they came up with 799 Euros for PIT in Berlin. Absolutely nuts.

Date: April 19, 2018 20:40

GAFF
I don't know how on earth they came up with 799 Euros for PIT in Berlin. Absolutely nuts.

Someone mentioned before that there are higher taxes for them to pay in Germany which in theory should reduce the ticket prices in Ireland because artists don't pay tax in Ireland I believe or at least that used to be the case.

Nate

Date: April 19, 2018 20:47

Nate
GAFF

Someone mentioned before that there are higher taxes for them to pay in Germany which in theory should reduce the ticket prices in Ireland because artists don't pay tax in Ireland I believe or at least that used to be the case.

Nate

If taxes are the issue, then they're getting raped. The UK has a VAT added to the price, but PIT still came in at a reasonable 437 GBP.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 19, 2018 20:53

DREAMTIME

If that's the case its worth me driving between 3 and 5 hours to go to all the England shows.

In fact if that's true i will, certainly worth a try for 50 bucks.

It would also mean that the Stones are getting it wrong with ticket prices, maybe it would pay for them to drop the prices of all the dearer tickets and keep the price on the cheaper ones, that way they would all sell and there's no need to sell silly grab a bargain ones because they didn't all sell out.

Date: April 19, 2018 21:39

GAFF

Yes it's nuts, and the post about Berlin Pit prices on previous page was what initiated my rant lol.
While £437 for Pit in London is much better, that still equates to 487 euro which equates to $615 US...still a bit hefty for a stadium show, but at least somewhat reasonable compared to Berlin.
Have fun Gaff - the Stones in London!!!smileys with beer Looking forward to seeing some of your great pics. thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 19, 2018 21:45

keithsman
DREAMTIME

If that's the case its worth me driving between 3 and 5 hours to go to all the England shows.

In fact if that's true i will, certainly worth a try for 50 bucks.

It would also mean that the Stones are getting it wrong with ticket prices, maybe it would pay for them to drop the prices of all the dearer tickets and keep the price on the cheaper ones, that way they would all sell and there's no need to sell silly grab a bargain ones because they didn't all sell out.

It's already true.
Especially for those in the loop here.

Easiest Lucky Dips to get ever (at $49.30 US) for those that wanted, this tour.
Many already going to as many as they want at that price. Can't imagine not hitting many if that close.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 20, 2018 00:33

Tour after tour, year by year, more people gain an understanding of the "modern" selling tactics. Which means that more people are waiting for lower prices, until they see some of them. But the current "policy" is still profitable for both, band and promoters. (Whether we must call it fair policy, that's a different issue...). Because the grosses will be for sure bigger, than what they would be, if the prices were all reasonable, from the first days/weeks of the selling game. That's my opinion.

And if the stadiums will be packed again, the fact that the sales have been "slow" until the last weeks (or even the last days) I thing that means a big, loud "nothing"...

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 08:16

laertisflash
Tour after tour, year by year, more people gain an understanding of the "modern" selling tactics. Which means that more people are waiting for lower prices, until they see some of them. But the current "policy" is still profitable for both, band and promoters. (Whether we must call it fair policy, that's a different issue...). Because the grosses will be for sure bigger, than what they would be, if the prices were all reasonable, from the first days/weeks of the selling game. That's my opinion.

And if the stadiums will be packed again, the fact that the sales have been "slow" until the last weeks (or even the last days) I thing that means a big, loud "nothing"...

it means no money to tge scalpers. Remember that we used to complain about scalpers before? winking smiley

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: April 20, 2018 10:52

shattered1978
laertisflash

it means no money to tge scalpers. Remember that we used to complain about scalpers before? winking smiley
This is great news if this means that the scalpers are the ones losing this time!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 20, 2018 11:47

Nate
£400 for the pit in London will always sell but for the shows in the other parts of the U.K maybe they are a harder sell but I would still expect all shows to be full or very close to full at showtime.

Nate

There are still pit tickets available for London.

Date: April 20, 2018 12:57

monkeymantoo
shattered1978
laertisflash

This is great news if this means that the scalpers are the ones losing this time!

I guess it comes down to it's the lesser of two evils to have the Stones and their promoters rob the fans instead of scalpers.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 20, 2018 13:21

Hairball
monkeymantoo
shattered1978
laertisflash

I guess it comes down to it's the lesser of two evils to have the Stones and their promoters rob the fans instead of scalpers.
That is fine ; at least the stones and the promoters work hard for it. The scalpers are just unnecessary parasites.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 20, 2018 13:31

rollmops

The scalpers are just unnecessary parasites.

Yeah - but they've shown how much money can really be made .... winking smiley

I remember the Soccer World Cup 2006 in Germany: a Ticket on the Black Market was €800. That was already a lot of money, also the official €450 of the RS-Ticket for the loge built into the Bigger-Bang-Stage in 2006. Since 2017 the NoFilter-Pit-Ticket is €799 in Germany ....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2018 19:59

PhotoFuckIt

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:57

DREAMTIME

Is that what you’ll be selling yours for?

Date: April 21, 2018 00:00

grzegorz67
DREAMTIME

Is that what you’ll be selling yours for?

haha add a zero

Nate

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: April 21, 2018 15:00

GAFF

not nuts. it's just the use of very simple psychology to sell the €499 Seats in Front of the Stage. I guess they don't care if the sell any of these Pit tickets at that price... but they will, and it's a nice bonus winking smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 21, 2018 17:06

ThinAir
GAFF

not nuts. it's just the use of very simple psychology to sell the €499 Seats in Front of the Stage. I guess they don't care if the sell any of these Pit tickets at that price... but they will, and it's a nice bonus winking smiley

During the night they "sold" (eh, removed) almost all the €499 seats in Berlin.
Let's-remove-them-so-they-buy-pit-instead.
They probably have lots of GA tickets hidden as well.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 18:35

TE
ThinAir
GAFF

During the night they "sold" (eh, removed) almost all the €499 seats in Berlin.
Let's-remove-them-so-they-buy-pit-instead.
They probably have lots of GA tickets hidden as well.

TE
Oslo

They did the same in Stuttgart

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 22, 2018 09:44

Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball

thumbs up

Uk Openers
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 23, 2018 04:15

NO FILTER - UK SUPPORT ACTS

The Rolling Stones have just announced the world-class acts who will be supporting them on the upcoming UK leg of their No Filter tour!

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher

25 May – LONDON – Florence + the Machine

29 May – SOUTHAMPTON – The Vaccines

02 Jun – COVENTRY – The Specials

05 Jun – MANCHESTER – Richard Ashcroft

09 Jun – EDINBURGH – Richard Ashcroft

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

19 Jun – TWICKENHAM – James Bay

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 23, 2018 04:34

The 2018 tour tickets are cheap!

2012 prices
GOLD VIP PACKAGE
Package package price $2,450 (inclusive of PL1 ticket cost $753.50)
Package to include:
• One premium reserved PL1 ticket (floor center rows 6-10)
• VIP entrance
• Pre-show buffet dinner – specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages), wait staff service
• Exclusive merchandise item
• Official tour program
• Collectible laminate
• Onsite event management staff
• One admission ticket to the Rolling Stones New York City Exhibit (separate event not at venue)

HOSPITALITY PACKAGE
Package price $1,950 (inclusive of PL1 ticket cost $753.50)
Package to include:
• One premium reserved PL1 ticket (lower loge sections 9-10 and 17-18)
• VIP entrance
• Pre-show buffet dinner – specially selected menu, bar (wine, beer, beverages), wait staff service
• Official tour program
• Collectible laminate
• One admission ticket to the Rolling Stones New York City Exhibit (separate event not at venue)

TONGUE PIT PACKAGE
Package price $1,850 (inclusive of PL1 ticket cost $753.50)
Package to include:
• One General Admission Tongue Pit ticket with early entry before general public
• Official tour program
• Collectible laminate

SILVER HOT SEAT PACKAGE
Package price $1,350 (inclusive of PL1 ticket cost $753.50)
Package to include:
• One premium reserved PL1 ticket
• Official tour program
• Collectible laminate

BRONZE HOT SEAT PACKAGE
Package price $950 (inclusive of PL2 ticket cost $453.50)
Package to include:
• One premium reserved PL2 ticket
• Official tour program
• Collectible laminate

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2018 11:20

artedm

The 2018 tour tickets are cheap!

TONGUE PIT PACKAGE
Package price $1,850 (inclusive of PL1 ticket cost $753.50)
Package to include:
• One General Admission Tongue Pit ticket with early entry before general public
• Official tour program
• Collectible laminate

Not really - $1,850 is approx. €1,505:

Germany - VIP Package 1 - ‘START ME UP’ - €1,249 - [www.Eventim.de] :

One Incredible Category 1 General Admission Floor Ticket [€799] in the ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit

One Limited Edition The Rolling Stones Tour Lithograph
* Limited Edition Tour Lithograph Based Upon Original The Rolling Stones Artwork
* All Limited Edition Lithographs Printed on Heavy Weight, Acid Free Fine Art Paper

The Rolling Stones VIP Travel Pack
* Created Exclusively For VIP Package Purchasers - Includes Items You’d Take “On the Road”
* Travel Pack Contains an Assortment of Exclusive The Rolling Stones Themed Merchandise
* Includes a Commemorative VIP Laminate & Matching Lanyard

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 24, 2018 12:46

Any commercial sponsors supporting the No Filter 2018 Tour?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 24, 2018 12:52

rollmops
Any commercial sponsors supporting the No Filter 2018 Tour?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Yes, it will be Jeep again [www.jeep.de]

I love to see the commercial again on the big screen. Because then I know I'm going to see the Stones. I hope they keep the music before the Stones come on stage too.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 25, 2018 02:10

The tour starts in about 3 weeks, I hope we get our e-tickets for the UK shows sooner than later.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home