Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:37

hilary
Well...one month to No stopping tour first gig...what do you think about ticket's selling? will promoters change something about tickets prices in order to fill unsold shows?

Expect any unsold VIP's to drop to regular prices, and I assume that's already happening with the release of so many pit tickets recently. Closer to show time, you may or may not see official price drops (though there's a good chance you will), but the easy pickin's for cheap tickets will be available on secondary sites such as stubhub, etc. For example and speaking from experience, the days leading up to Desert Trip (both weekends) 3 day PIT passes dropped down to apprx. $350 that were originally/officially sold for apprx. $1600. For the *Vegas show, floor seats were available the day before the show for apprx. $250 that were originally/officially priced at an outrageous $750+ fees. Hard to say what the status is of unsold tickets either officially or on the secondary market for the upcoming shows, but if it's as slow as has been speculated by many herethere's bound to be some great deals on the horizon.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 16, 2018 23:43

Maybe we will see a second sell of LD?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 17, 2018 12:16

MAF
Maybe we will see a second sell of LD?

rather unlikely, I'd say. It's more likely that they lower the prices for regular tickets since LD are something casual fans don't know about. And you can't fill a stadium with IORR members… (especially since most of us already have their tickets)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2018 17:25

Tongue color scheme variations for the tour..?

Not a huge fan of the No Filter tongue, but these color variations for the different venues add some needed flair imo (not sure if they will be official)

Coventry,Manchester,Edinburgh,Southhampton,Twick.. etc [rollingstonestickets.co.uk]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 17, 2018 17:37

STONES ON A ROLL The Rolling Stones set to jet into Ireland a week early to prepare for massive gig at Dublin’s Croke Park

The Irish Sun can exclusively reveal singer Mick Jagger will be holed up in a VIP suite at a top Dublin hotel

By Ken Sweeney, Showbiz Editor
17th April 2018

THE Rolling Stones will jet into Dublin a full week before their massive Croke Park concert.

Mick Jagger & Co will be arriving early to put the final touches to the opening night of their European tour.

Dave Benett

The veteran rockers will also be doing extra press in the capital during the seven-day build up to their date at GAA HQ on May 17, drumming up support for the rest of their concerts across Europe on their No Filter tour.

The Irish Sun can exclusively reveal singer Mick Jagger will be holed up in a VIP suite at a top hotel in the capital.

Keith Richards and the other Stones will lodge in another one nearby with security around them expected to be tight.

A concert insider told the Irish Sun: “Croke Park is the first date on the European tour and The Stones have a lot of work to do making sure the production works.

“Given Ronnie (Wood) has a house in Kildare, it was a no brainer doing pre-production in Dublin and starting the tour here.”

Axeman Ronnie said: “I really love it there. My kids and my family love it. There’s just some magic that the rest of the world don’t know but that happens in Ireland, just the precious few of us I think.”

Bandmate Mick also plans on hanging out with long-time pals such as Paddy Moloney of The Chieftains during his stay.

It is the rockers first date in Ireland since 2007 when they headlined Slane Castle.

Despite a combined age of 294, Mick, 74, Keith, 74, and Charlie Watts, 76, and Wood have promised they they’re “still pretty hot” on stage.

[www.thesun.ie]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 17, 2018 19:36

MisterDDDD
Tongue color scheme variations for the tour..?

Not a huge fan of the No Filter tongue, but these color variations for the different venues add some needed flair imo (not sure if they will be official)

Coventry,Manchester,Edinburgh,Southhampton,Twick.. etc [rollingstonestickets.co.uk]

*I like the coloring! I wonder if there will be RS clothing merchandise paired with the stadiums, example MU RS shirts, Twickenham Rose RS shirts...but currently I am on the No Stopping‘No Shopping’ diet :-(

Date: April 17, 2018 19:41

Four interesting nuggets from the above article.

- A week in advance to make sure everything goes as planned production wise - maybe a surprise club gig isn't that farfetched?

- Mick plans on hanging out with long-time pals such as Paddy Moloney of The Chieftains during his stay - maybe a surprise guest appearance with Paddy at an informal pub gig?

- Doing extra press in the capital - exciting, and maybe Mick and Keith will do an interview and/or be photographed together for the first time in eons. Maybe some news on the supposed new album?

-Jagger staying in a separate hotel while the other Stones stay together at a different hotel...why?

Date: April 17, 2018 19:53

35love
*I like the coloring! I wonder if there will be RS clothing merchandise paired with the stadiums, example MU RS shirts, Twickenham Rose RS shirts...but currently I am on the No Stopping‘No Shopping’ diet :-(

I'm hoping so.. much better than the standard yellow.
The Twickenham one has some pop!

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: April 17, 2018 23:14

bye bye johnny
STONES ON A ROLL The Rolling Stones set to jet into Ireland a week early to prepare for massive gig at Dublin’s Croke Park

The Irish Sun can exclusively reveal singer Mick Jagger will be holed up in a VIP suite at a top Dublin hotel

17th April 2018

THE Rolling Stones will jet into Dublin a full week before their massive Croke Park concert.

Mick Jagger & Co will be arriving early to put the final touches to the opening night of their European tour.

Dave Benett

The veteran rockers will also be doing extra press in the capital during the seven-day build up to their date at GAA HQ on May 17, drumming up support for the rest of their concerts across Europe on their No Filter tour.

The Irish Sun can exclusively reveal singer Mick Jagger will be holed up in a VIP suite at a top hotel in the capital.

Keith Richards and the other Stones will lodge in another one nearby with security around them expected to be tight.

A concert insider told the Irish Sun: “Croke Park is the first date on the European tour and The Stones have a lot of work to do making sure the production works.

“Given Ronnie (Wood) has a house in Kildare, it was a no brainer doing pre-production in Dublin and starting the tour here.”

Axeman Ronnie said: “I really love it there. My kids and my family love it. There’s just some magic that the rest of the world don’t know but that happens in Ireland, just the precious few of us I think.”

Bandmate Mick also plans on hanging out with long-time pals such as Paddy Moloney of The Chieftains during his stay.

It is the rockers first date in Ireland since 2007 when they headlined Slane Castle.

Despite a combined age of 294, Mick, 74, Keith, 74, and Charlie Watts, 76, and Wood have promised they they’re “still pretty hot” on stage.

[www.thesun.ie]

Does this mean all rehearsals are in Dublin or are they still rehearsing in London first?

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 18, 2018 02:37

how come they never talk about ticket sales totals, either from the beginning or from 1989 forward? or how many hot supermodels mick has nailed over the years?
hot chicks and loads of cash; the two great benefits of being a rolling stone. oh yeah, they also have released a bunch of historic rock and roll records, too.

Date: April 18, 2018 13:26

ticket sales for Germany seem to be quite poor – right now there are 102 pit tickets available for Stuttgart and 355(!) for Berlin

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2018 13:50

slewan

ticket sales for Germany seem to be quite poor – right now there are 102 pit tickets available for Stuttgart and 355(!) for Berlin

It's high time then for the next LuckyDip-Ticket batch .... winking smiley

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: April 18, 2018 13:54

There seems to be lots and lots of tickets available...Pit / Gold Standing etc...I think all the UK fans who wanted to see them trekked to Europe last year

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: April 18, 2018 14:21

Irix
slewan

If it's true that only 200 lucky dips are sold per concert the pit in Berlin might end up being quite empty

Date: April 18, 2018 15:32

Stoneswolf
Irix
slewan

If it's true that only 200 lucky dips are sold per concert the pit in Berlin might end up being quite empty

it's usually 200 pairs of LD ticket – thus everything's gonna fit

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 18, 2018 16:21

slewan

Not bloody surprised there's 355 tickets left for the pit in Berlin, what the hell were they thinking by pricing them at €799 ?

IDIOTS !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 18, 2018 16:30

paulywaul
slewan

Not bloody surprised there's 355 tickets left for the pit in Berlin, what the hell were they thinking by pricing them at €799 ?

IDIOTS !!

Quite. It's not an especially wealthy city either. Not even remotely close to Stuttgart,Cologne, Hamburg or Munich.

Date: April 18, 2018 17:37

grzegorz67
paulywaul
slewan

IDIOTS !!

Quite. It's not an especially wealthy city either. Not even remotely close to Stuttgart,Cologne, Hamburg or Munich.

Yes, it's outrageous. €799 is the most expensive I've ever seen.
That equates to $990.00 US dollars...eye popping smiley...maybe the poor sales will send a message to other bands who attempt to rob people.

Date: April 18, 2018 18:38

Dusseldorf last year had hundreds pit tickets avaibable day before show. But a lot of LD scored GA. And the pit was full on show day.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 19, 2018 02:00

I can tell you that there are still plenty of pit tickets available for each show, they are playing the same spin and win game as always.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 19, 2018 02:54

monkeymantoo
bye bye johnny

17th April 2018

Dave Benett

[www.thesun.ie]

Does this mean all rehearsals are in Dublin or are they still rehearsing in London first?

I bloody hope not as that would only mean about 4-5 days rehearsals.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 19, 2018 11:19

Hairball
will send a message to other bands who attempt to rob people.

It-Is-Not-The-Band(s)-That-Set-The-Price(s)-And-Rob-People.

Date: April 19, 2018 11:27

RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball

thumbs up

Date: April 19, 2018 11:29

Gazza
monkeymantoo
bye bye johnny

17th April 2018

Dave Benett

[www.thesun.ie]

I bloody hope not as that would only mean about 4-5 days rehearsals.

I hope they learned from 2017. They need to be more rehearsed.

Date: April 19, 2018 12:31

RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball

-Oh-yes-it-is-because-the-band-insists-on-a-guaranteed-amount-which-means-the-ticket-prices-have-to-be-so-high-or-the-promoter-wont-make-money

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 19, 2018 12:49

Lets face it the Stones don't need promoting, but they refuse to back up a tour with their own money.

Its greed from the Stones and the promoters that decide on ticket prices.

I've seen a lot of top acts in recent years at the front of the stage and the tickets rarely cost more than £150 each. What's it going to cost me to see the Stones up close in an Arena or Stadium ? a lot more than £150.

But these other acts still make good profits along with the promoters.

Date: April 19, 2018 14:01

Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball

-Oh-yes-it-is-because-the-band-insists-on-a-guaranteed-amount-which-means-the-ticket-prices-have-to-be-so-high-or-the-promoter-wont-make-money

But-do-we-know-for-a-fact-that-the-promoters-need-to-set-the-prices-this-high-to-be-able-to-make-a-profit? -Or-do-they-get-a-wee-greedy-since-they-know-that-stones-fans-will-pay-anything-to-see-their-band?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 19, 2018 14:38

DandelionPowderman

But-do-we-know-for-a-fact-that-the-promoters-need-to-set-the-prices-this-high-to-be-able-to-make-a-profit? -Or-do-they-get-a-wee-greedy[...]

They-learnt-from-the-best

Date: April 19, 2018 15:11

DandelionPowderman
But-do-we-know-for-a-fact-that-the-promoters-need-to-set-the-prices-this-high-to-be-able-to-make-a-profit? -Or-do-they-get-a-wee-greedy-since-they-know-that-stones-fans-will-pay-anything-to-see-their-band?
Bingo.

With the Dynamic/Flex pricing structure it is the fans that ultimately are driving the prices. Prior to the band/promoters charging the higher prices for high demand artists themselves,third party resellers would pocket the cash because of the demand. Even with the dynamic pricing,the resellers are still selling high demand tickets and profiting. The promoters try to cut into as much of that as possible. I think other than the pit tickets for this tour, which are the most in demand and the most complained about,the pricing is not bad for the remaining 95% of the tickets, and easily comparable to most "high-demand" artists.

Date: April 19, 2018 15:51

DandelionPowderman
Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball

If a act is getting about $5 million a show as a guarantee in a 40,000 seater stadium, then something obviously has to give. Its a high risk for any promoter and a significant factor in why the band plays so few arena shows anymore.

Jagger admitted in an interview with Forbes magazine in October 2002 that the band decide on their own ticket prices. I doubt that's changed since then. Its likely that a promoter will decide what to charge for each category (and how many tickets to make available in each category) in order to get the best return on their investment but I seriously doubt the Stones leave the whole thing to the whim of the promoter. Both parties are obviously aware that some people are willing and/or able to pay ten times more for a ticket than others.

But yes, a promoter will take a chance on being greedy if they can get away with it - when they realise they cant, that's when you'll see something akin to a firesale to get rid of what tickets are left over.

For what its worth, aside from pit tickets and the middle ranges of seated tickets, I don't think the prices are that bad on this tour and the Lucky Dip system is a very good move.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home