Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 5, 2018 19:32

straycatuk
I could see targeted support acts this time around. Happy Mondays or Stone Roses for Manchester ? Stereophonics for Cardiff ? Texas for Edinburgh ?????

Should help with sales

sc uk

I thought the Stone Roses Broke up again last summer????confused smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2018 19:38

...and The Stone Roses sell out a place like Wembley Stadium.

Forget it.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 5, 2018 19:48

straycatuk
Stone Roses for Manchester ?

sc uk

HA. Absolutely not. The Roses sell out Wembley, Etihad, Heaton park, Finsbury etc....

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 5, 2018 21:05

Ha ha... No,Kurt, my grandmother is not Tina Turner. Unfortunately...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 6, 2018 00:21

Probably buried in the thread, but have others already received their e-tickets for the UK shows?
Called AXS/AEG today and had my tickets for the shows I'm attending all switched to e-tickets or box office pick-up. Was concerned about tix arriving before I left from the uS. Only one that came immediately after they switched them was my GC ticket to Edinburgh.
Odd in that it just says General Admission on the e-ticket with no mention of Golden Circle. Not too concerned because the receipt I have says "General Admission- Golden Circle", but curious if others who bought GC e-tix have experienced the same??

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 6, 2018 00:45

MisterDDDD
Probably buried in the thread, but have others already received their e-tickets for the UK shows?
Called AXS/AEG today and had my tickets for the shows I'm attending all switched to e-tickets or box office pick-up. Was concerned about tix arriving before I left from the uS. Only one that came immediately after they switched them was my GC ticket to Edinburgh.
Odd in that it just says General Admission on the e-ticket with no mention of Golden Circle. Not too concerned because the receipt I have says "General Admission- Golden Circle", but curious if others who bought GC e-tix have experienced the same??

Yes, exact same thing for my London GC ticket.

Date: April 6, 2018 00:47

BluzDude
Yes, exact same thing for my London GC ticket.

thumbs up Thanks!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 6, 2018 01:24

MisterDDDD

My confirmation emails say "General Admission - No Filter Pit B". Kinda hoping the tickets say exactly the same thing to avoid any possible hassles. Am wondering if I call and ask that they send them now, might they? Doubtful, but I suppose it's worth a try. I honestly don't like waiting til the last few days to get my tickets.

Date: April 6, 2018 01:46

GAFF
My confirmation emails say "General Admission - No Filter Pit B". Kinda hoping the tickets say exactly the same thing to avoid any possible hassles. Am wondering if I call and ask that they send them now, might they? Doubtful, but I suppose it's worth a try. I honestly don't like waiting til the last few days to get my tickets.

Found out the hard way how spendy a call to the UK can be. First time I called AXS a few weeks ago, sat on hold.. eventually hung up. Got the bill and it was $36 for my trouble. Cel company reversed the charges and then added unlimited to UK for $15 a month, and let me purchase just a weeks worth. Getting tix squared away and making sure hotels are all good while I have it cool smiley

Date: April 6, 2018 02:07

MisterDDDD
GAFF

Found out the hard way how spendy a call to the UK can be. First time I called AXS a few weeks ago, sat on hold.. eventually hung up. Got the bill and it was $36 for my trouble. Cel company reversed the charges and then added unlimited to UK for $15 a month, and let me purchase just a weeks worth. Getting tix squared away and making sure hotels are all good while I have it cool smiley

That's the beauty of maintaining a land line with free int'l from Vonage! Cheap calls to the UK are go!

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: April 6, 2018 06:20

GAFF
MisterDDDD
GAFF

That's the beauty of maintaining a land line with free int'l from Vonage! Cheap calls to the UK are go!
You could make cheap calls from the US to the UK on Skype also.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2018 11:59

Bastion
straycatuk

sc uk

HA. Absolutely not. The Roses sell out Wembley, Etihad, Heaton park, Finsbury etc....

They should get Liam or Noel (or both) smiling bouncing smiley for Manchester.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 6, 2018 13:20

Personally, I don't care very much about who will open for the Stones in the UK. But I would not consider (definitely and "a priori") as off putting the fact that Stone Roses are very popular there. In the past, opening acts have been bands like GnR, RHCP, Metallica, AC/DC, Primal Scream, Charlatans, Dandy Worhols, etc. Some of them, absolutely able to fill big venues, in some countries or in many countries.

If Stone Roses were opening for a legendary band like the Stones, that (in addition) still does fill stadiums in Europe (2014, 2017), North America (2015), Latin America (2016) etc, I don't think that this choice could be considered as disparaging... Not at all.

BTW, as we are talking about Stone Roses now: Am I the only person in the whole planet who liked their second album (1994) much more than the first (1989) ? Just curious.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 6, 2018 13:37

TooTough
Bastion
straycatuk

sc uk

And U2 in Dublin grinning smiley

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: April 6, 2018 13:46

It alway puzzles me why people are concerned who supports the Stones. I buy my ticket to see the Stones I have no interest in seeing any support band. I will do my usual thing on this tour and only enter the arena once the support act is finished. That way I don't buy overpriced beer, I don't need to keep 'popping out' to use the toilets and I walk straight to my seat and within 30 minutes the greatest and only meaningful band in the world are on stage.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 6, 2018 14:38

carouslambra
It alway puzzles me why people are concerned who supports the Stones. I buy my ticket to see the Stones I have no interest in seeing any support band. I will do my usual thing on this tour and only enter the arena once the support act is finished. That way I don't buy overpriced beer, I don't need to keep 'popping out' to use the toilets and I walk straight to my seat and within 30 minutes the greatest and only meaningful band in the world are on stage.

I never normally bother with support bands, with Billy Preston being the last best one i have seen.
My lot younger family members ask me who is the support group and i say the same as you, the greatest rock and roll group will be on, thats all you need.

Saying all that, i must admit i am now really looking forward to the Coventry gig and for the first time in years will be there to see the support band and a bit of ska music will i think will get most people in the mood even more imho.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 6, 2018 18:56

odean73
carouslambra

I never normally bother with support bands, with Billy Preston being the last best one i have seen.
My lot younger family members ask me who is the support group and i say the same as you, the greatest rock and roll group will be on, thats all you need.

Saying all that, i must admit i am now really looking forward to the Coventry gig and for the first time in years will be there to see the support band and a bit of ska music will i think will get most people in the mood even more imho.
Talking about Billy....

Watch here at 4:40 and further ...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 6, 2018 23:15

spunky
TooTough
Bastion
straycatuk

sc uk

I'm obviously out of touch and I'd be in the bar if Stone Roses were on tbh and if U2 play Dublin I'll probably stay home.....most overrated band ever.

sc uk

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 6, 2018 23:17

Just wondering - why don't they do 4-5 shows i Royal Albert Hall??

I know money could be a factor, but a least an offer to their fans.

I have seen Gilmour, Clapton etc. in RAH and it was great.

And then - it could be pay-back for the real Royal Albert Hall concert from "Got Live If You Want It" which never was from RAH

Date: April 6, 2018 23:21

straycatuk
spunky
TooTough
Bastion
straycatuk

sc uk

I'm obviously out of touch and I'd be in the bar if Stone Roses were on tbh and if U2 play Dublin I'll probably stay home.....most overrated band ever.

sc uk

I like the Stone Roses but U2 make me nauseous. Bono needs to STFU already.

Date: April 7, 2018 04:31

Found this stumbling around looking for merch.
Some people expressed a desire for personalized tickets like they've offered in the past.
Suppose if you wanted something to put with a poster, or?? Not sure how much info could be changed- venue seat location etc. But it appears well done.

[www.etsy.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 7, 2018 10:08

MisterDDDD
Found this stumbling around looking for merch.
Some people expressed a desire for personalized tickets like they've offered in the past.
Suppose if you wanted something to put with a poster, or?? Not sure how much info could be changed- venue seat location etc. But it appears well done.

[www.etsy.com]

nice find,
thanks
jeroen

Date: April 7, 2018 15:31

corriecas
nice find,
thanks
jeroen

Ordered one for Twickenham.
Inexpensive enough to give it a try, able to change dates, location etc.
Hoping the poster design is a good one, may compliment nicely cool smiley.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 7, 2018 20:38

straycatuk
spunky
TooTough
Bastion
straycatuk

sc uk

sc uk

To each their own I guess. Can’t speak for U2 but the Roses are an incredible live band and have really come into their own since the reunion.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 8, 2018 15:23

Any (more) news on the support acts, thusfar?

I know the Specials were named for (I believe?) Coventry; but I’m not even sure whether that was ‘official’ news (or has been officially confirmed yet).

How about the other gigs?

(I was considering starting a seperate thread on this topic, but I fear/-ed the moderator’s wrath. smoking smiley )

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 8, 2018 16:42

I think it's a good idea....Let you know ASAP who open's in Prague....

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: April 8, 2018 23:19

Pit tickets for Berlin and Stuttgart available on eventim.de

Date: April 9, 2018 12:40

It wouldn't surprise me if Johnny Marr does Manchester. New album out soon.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 9, 2018 16:12

scoreboardpaddock
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnny Marr does Manchester. New album out soon.

He was 3rd top of the Bill when the Who did BST in Hyde Park 3 years ago (with several groups of IORRians present!). I thought he was excellent. Hopefully that will be a recurring them for the 9 British Isles shows : a high profile local act to increase local interest. I think think the Specials are an inspired choice for Coventry.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 9, 2018 21:18

Any news on ticket sales? I haven't seen any advertising in the Sunday papers so it would appear that all is going well.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home