Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 30, 2018 21:57

HB93NL
any people with coach experience? need to get back from twickenham to birmingham the 19th

Try this outfit. They get very good write-ups. I will probably travel with them- from Swindon. They are running a bus from Brum to Twickenham.

[www.biggreencoach.co.uk]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 30, 2018 22:07

keithsman
syrel
He hasn't changed the lyrics, he's dropped a verse, which is a much less pro-active thing to do, so I think plausible - there are probably other songs where verses don't get sung as well.

One thing I thought after my initial post is that SFTD is quite a long song on stage, and Mick is always very conscious about the audience losing interest (sometimes misguidedly so in my view), so that could be another part of the rationale ('let's cut a verse... this one is worse, so cut it').

syrel

He doesn't worry about that when he sings Miss You, a much lesser song imho, so i don't think that's the reason he dropped a verse

he cares about his audicence – especially about those who suffer from urinary incontinence. That's the reason why Miss You is never shortened

Date: March 30, 2018 22:43

I liked miss you last year. For the first time ever.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2018 23:45

slewan
keithsman
syrel
He hasn't changed the lyrics, he's dropped a verse, which is a much less pro-active thing to do, so I think plausible - there are probably other songs where verses don't get sung as well.

One thing I thought after my initial post is that SFTD is quite a long song on stage, and Mick is always very conscious about the audience losing interest (sometimes misguidedly so in my view), so that could be another part of the rationale ('let's cut a verse... this one is worse, so cut it').

syrel

He doesn't worry about that when he sings Miss You, a much lesser song imho, so i don't think that's the reason he dropped a verse

he cares about his audicence – especially about those who suffer from urinary incontinence. That's the reason why Miss You is never shortened

grinning smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 30, 2018 23:45

I complain about Miss You almost every tour, last year I was pleasantly surprised. It had a very nice groove, also IORR was very strong.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 31, 2018 00:39

keithsman
mtaylor
keithsman
Keith could do with starting rehearsals a bit sooner imho

He looked a bit ring rusty last time out, wonder if he will finally learn how to play the solo on Sympathy again, he needs to go back to basics on that one, its given me more cringes than Scarf Me Up winking smiley
Keith and Ronnie probably practicing at home.... Mick exercising - voice, running and yoga, Charlie lots of massage for his back problems, hands.

Yes i can just visualize them now doing their thing, Keith in particular needs to have more practice with the band, he's treating the first few shows as extended practice sessions, not really fair for those first few unfortunate concert goers eye rolling smiley
Perhaps Mick will permit the band to have more practice time for Keith to get his timing right before they hit the road this time. Maybe the band could get together a few days before Mick shows up.

Charlie did look to be suffering with his back in a recent interview hopefully that's had time to get better.

Micks always prepared isn't he , he lives for the chance to show his fitness, more of an athlete more than a musician since 89'

Ronnie since 2012 is always ready, he starts the tour on the be of the bang.
I'd love to know what's in his little medicine cabinet, the nerves are gone these days.

So another mini tour, i have to pinch myself when i think its 2018 and these four men still get on well enough to tour and are also in good enough health to still do 2 hour stadium rock shows.
Even Lisa Fisha recently said she found the traveling too exhausting, waiting around the day before shows and then three days to the next one.
Its long and drawn out playing only 2 shows a week on average ( probably down to Micks voice needing to rest ) since 2012.

Elton John said on the radio yesterday he does about a 100 shows a year, so i suppose this is a piece of cake in comparison, the Stones travel on jets and they have their family's with them, everything is done for them so as long as they don't mind long days and nights in hotel rooms its ok.
Maybe Lisa doesn't like hotels, Bill didn't like flying but i bet he would love to join in on this Uk tour, basically a 2 or 3 hour car drive home after the shows and then drive to the next one on show day.
Elton John sits in behind of his piano and plays Keith's horror song "Candle in the wind". For him it is tranquil. For Mick running on stage is not the same. Puts another stress on his physics and voice!!!!

Date: March 31, 2018 00:42

Well Elton's a one man band and a 100 shows a year must be exhausting on the traveling side of things.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2018 01:11

keithsman
Well Elton's a one man band and a 100 shows a year must be exhausting on the traveling side of things.
He’s been doing a residency in Vegas for several years so likely takes an elevator or limousine to most.

Date: March 31, 2018 01:16

MisterDDDD
keithsman
He’s been doing a residency in Vegas for several years so likely takes an elevator or limousine to most.

Arr that explains it then, thought it was a bit energetic of him winking smiley

I did see him a few years ago and was surprised what he put into his show, went along for Mother as you do eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2018 11:36

For those who worry about empty stadiums... I took a look at the tickets sold for shows in Germany, the most expensive tickets on the tour.

Stuttgart floor seats sections A3 and A5 are both blocks of 13 rows with 34 seats i.e. 442 seats each, total of some 900 seats. I would say may be 200 out of these 900 seats are not sold, according to the map. All the other sections of the 7 floor blocks are sold out. The entire lagre GA section is sold out, and most of the seats in the stadium are sold out, according to the seating maps. So if may be 1,000 out of 55,000 tickets are sold out then it is 98% sold out by now, most of the rest will be sold during the next two months.

Whatever is left of PIT and Floor seats, which is may be a few hundred, will go into the Lucky Dip envelopes of some lucky fans. If there are a few hundred seats out of 60,000 empty in a stadium no worries, somebody do always end up with other arrangements. And they may always add more Lucky Dip tickets later on, those tickets sell out in no time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 31, 2018 13:22

I doubt those sections are genuinely sold out, the allocation now maybe but I’m sure there will be many drops to come over the next few weeks.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 31, 2018 13:46

I think the fact that even GA (£90) isn’t sold out in places like London and Manchester says an aweful lot.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 31, 2018 16:55

I wonder: If the stadiums are packed again, on the upcoming tour, as they were on every round since 2012, will we stop predicting about "half empty" venues here, or will continue, in the case of a new tour, let's say in 2019?

How many times must an ...eternal forecast be refuted, before we repeal it?

(You cound imagine my question by the music of "Blowin' In the Wind"...)

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: March 31, 2018 23:12

I'm warried about empty stadium in Uk...well let's say surprised not warried Berlin,Praga,Warsaw,Marseille instead are almost sold out. But ticket's prices are not the point...even GA is not sold out. What i dont'understand is why they added two more gigs..

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: April 1, 2018 00:49

laertisflash
I wonder: If the stadiums are packed again, on the upcoming tour, as they were on every round since 2012, will we stop predicting about "half empty" venues here, or will continue, in the case of a new tour, let's say in 2019?

How many times must an ...eternal forecast be refuted, before we repeal it?

(You cound imagine my question by the music of "Blowin' In the Wind"...)

Exactly. Plus what Bjornulf said above. Every show I've been to since 2012 has been full. So will these shows. Everyone relax, go the shows, and have a good time.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 1, 2018 01:32

Who cares,. We're all going to have a great time aren't we ???

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 1, 2018 11:28

chriseganstar
Who cares,. We're all going to have a great time aren't we ???

Cheers smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 1, 2018 19:54

What are the chances of a club date in London during the tour?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 1, 2018 20:23

glmmr_twn
What are the chances of a club date in London during the tour?

29.476%

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 1, 2018 20:24

Drat!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 2, 2018 01:10

BowieStone
I think the fact that even GA (£90) isn’t sold out in places like London and Manchester says an aweful lot.

It bodes well for those who are patiently and wisely holding out and/or sitting on the fence - they might be able to get a GA ticket at 1982 prices!
And if they're truly hardcore holdouts, they might get in for 1972 prices!!!

Date: April 2, 2018 02:58

Also bodes well for those that have already purchased 1972 priced £35 tix, with no intention of ever sitting on any fence to see the greatest live band in the world.

Introducing the Lucky Dips and gearing them to their hardcore fan base via their web-site was/is one of the best things they have come up with for their shows. Also makes it easy to snag a last minute Pit for cheap and then pass along the good deal LD's.

Date: April 2, 2018 05:04

True, but not everyone is "lucky" to get a limited supply Lucky Dip, and there's some who don't think the gamble is even worth it. The possibility of sitting nosebleed in a giant stadium at any price is not what some people want. And then there's those who don't think they're "the greatest live band in the world" anymore - for some that ship sailed along time ago, but might still go see them if the prices were realistic. And then there's those casual fans who have just seen them recently and/or the average non-diehard Stones fans who have seen them several times over the years who might have better things to spend their money on than an overpriced Stones ticket. And then there's some who would really like to go who simply can't afford an overpriced ticket period. Sitting on a fence and holding out...these unsold GA's which are bound to be heavily discounted might be just enough to entice them to see the show. thumbs up

But back to BowieStones' original comment: "I think the fact that even GA (£90) isn’t sold out in places like London and Manchester says an aweful lot".
Kind of hard to believe that there are unsold GA's which seem reasonably priced imo, but it might have to do with the oversaturation of so many shows within a relatively short time frame.

Date: April 2, 2018 06:09

cool smiley

Date: April 2, 2018 07:19

To be clear, I'm not one of those predicting the stadiums will be half empty - they'll eventually get close to being full even if they have to start giving tickets away for free! But then again, there's been some shows in the past that have sold so poorly to the point they had to tarp entire sections off to give the illusion of being full! Have the Stones management and promoters overestimated the publics desire to see them at such high prices and in such close proximity both timewise and geographically? That is the question, and with somewhat lackluster sales (ie unsold relatively inexpensive £90 GA tickets) you have to wonder if in fact they did.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 2, 2018 13:47

I agree with PaintMonkeyManBlack, last year was the first time in a very long time that I enjoyed MY. It was actually one of the highlights, maybe it got a bit to do with the fact of where it is in the setlist. For instance between 2002 until 2012 the highlight for me (as well at home) was always Dice, situated as the last song in the first set, ie 9th or 10th song (except for in 2005/06, as it was always in the 4th spot). When it's on already as a 3rd after, IMHO a slow and more crawling IORR as it was last year, it kind of loses it momentum as it is better as a closing song that an introducing one. Miss You, HTW, SFM, GS and Sympathy was the highlights for me last autumn, they just worked the best for some reason. Usually my highlights are always Dice, Start Me Up, Midnight Rambler, Brown Sugar and Flash (when we're talking ever-present songs, the 2 unique songs + the B & L-section were of course and are always highlights).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-02 13:49 by MadMax.

Date: April 3, 2018 10:00

Hairball does wonder:

"Have the Stones management and promoters overestimated the publics desire to see them at such high prices and in such close proximity both timewise and geographically? That is the question, and with somewhat lackluster sales (ie unsold relatively inexpensive £90 GA tickets) you have to wonder if in fact they did...".

Question itself sounds surprising to me. How could their management be chastened for overestimating things and doing serious mistakes, given the fact that the Stones is the one and only live act in the world included every year among the 3, 5 or 8 highest grossing tours, only doing 14-15 gigs?

That incredible result is based on two factors: High prices and packed venues. If they were giving “tons” of tickets away for free (as some seem to believe here) or making cheapest other “tons” of tickets, the particular outcome would be impossible. Simple as that.

They had total gross 120 million with 14 gigs, in 2017. And average attendance 53,000 par show. And you tell me that something is… seriously wrong with their management’s estimates?

What is so hard to be understood as for their management’s policy? Call it unfair or annoying, maybe you’re right. But hey, it’s amazingly effective. The particular, modern “selling game” does not give a shit for fast sales, it’s only about the final result.

Some say that their management is now overestimating UK market. That 8 scheduled gigs are too many. Theoretically, that could be true. Let’s see. But, don’t forget, we don’t know the exact situation for the time being. After first indications their management added two more gigs. I suppose they know something.

Observations like “there are tickets available for all the sections” of a stadium, where the Stones will play in June, do say very few, IMO. Because we don’t know whether unsold tickets are 40%, 65% or 85% of the total number. And because the current “selling game” is a bit complicated, with some “sneaky” details…

When all have been said, I don’t think the Stones and the promoters are going to lose their sleep, if a stadium will be 90% and not 100% full. They want to attract as many people as it’s possible, that’s why they planned 8 gigs in the UK.

The years when many shows had been really far from sell out, were 2006 and 2007. We have discussed to death about the reasons of this particularity (Keith’s accident, tour rescheduled, people being upset, high frequency of Stones visits at the same countries/cities in 1998 – 2003, etc). Don’t count today’s situation by the measures of 2006/07.

Date: April 3, 2018 10:12

I mean, we don’t know whether SOLD tickets are 40%, 65% or 85% of the total number...

Date: April 3, 2018 12:09

found this on ticketmaster

coventry seats look to have sold ok if this is to be believed

[www1.ticketmaster.co.uk]

coventry tickets availability

click on the plus sign to reveal seats available

if i could work out how to paste a screen grab i would

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: April 3, 2018 15:02

Dublin selling terribly there saying

Shows will still go ahead regardless of sales imagine, the boys are paid thats the main thing

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home